As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[GW2]New thread is up. Hope everyone enjoyed the April BWE! It was awesome!

• Options
    tehkensaitehkensai Registered User regular
    Yeah, once you get past 10...

Prepare to get fucked if you try to solo three things and are having trouble dodgin because of latency. it is a LOT harder.

Also, is there an option to turn on markers on the dodge bar? I can never tell how much I really need to dodge.

jAhPU.jpg
  • Options
    Vi MonksVi Monks Registered User regular
    Anyone else having issues with the server transfer? I transferred to an EU server because the world selection screen said it had low population. Now that I'm here, the world selection screen shows full population, so I tried to transfer back to an NA server. But now I just get signed out with a network error whenever I try. I think I'm stuck.

• Options
    tehkensaitehkensai Registered User regular
    Vi Monks wrote: »
    Anyone else having issues with the server transfer? I transferred to an EU server because the world selection screen said it had low population. Now that I'm here, the world selection screen shows full population, so I tried to transfer back to an NA server. But now I just get signed out with a network error whenever I try. I think I'm stuck.

That same thing was happening to me(went from full to low for me, though). It really just takes a while. I think I was in the new server the span of a couple of hours. Although I was asleep, though...

jAhPU.jpg
  • Options
    TriiipledotTriiipledot Registered User regular
    How do you join pvp as a group? Wvw and the other ones, do you have to go to the mists and reform the group.

• Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    uh oh I can't connect to TS3!

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    DigitalSynDigitalSyn Dr Digital Cumming, GARegistered User regular
    Yeah TS seems to be down.... Just a quick question to the person hosting TS, is this a home machine or a server at a datacenter?

I'd be willing to put it on my server in Atlanta, and hand over admin. I believe you can even copy the config files over so it would be a clean move.

Xbox360: D1G1T4LSYN ( Yes, those are numbers. )
    PSNID: DigitalX86
    Nintendo ID: digitalsyn
    3DS Friend Code: 5300 - 9726 - 6963
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/D1G1T4LSYN/
  • Options
    InkyblotsInkyblots Registered User regular
    Is there a guide on how your chain attacks from your 1 skill work or how combos work in general? I notice with the ranger when I'm using a sword my 1st skill can turn into a leap attack but it's usually pointless since im already in melee range. Is there a better way to time it?

• Options
    CroakerCroaker Registered User regular
    I have mixed feelings after the first day. The PVE content has left me utterly cold with its embarrassing voice acting and attempts to be a story-based game. The combat in PVE is fine, I guess, but I made the mistake of playing a Ranger and as others have already pointed out, the pets are beyond fucked.

The rest of the time I've been playing a Thief, a Guardian, and a Warrior in PVP. The battlegrounds are so bog-standard that I was surprised at how little I had to do. Capture three points? Maybe kill boss mobs? I've seen all this before. Wasn't this game supposed to be vastly different from other offerings, particularly in the PVP arena? While I really enjoyed combat, particularly with the Thief and the Guardian, I didn't get a sense of overwhelming variety from the different skill sets yet. I remain hopeful that it will come in time, but playing with full level 80 templates and seeing all of their skills unlocked was very, very underwhelming.

• Options
    DestinPsDestinPs Registered User regular
    seeking guild invite, in game name is Demides account name is Destinps, finally have some time to play and got in game on the right server

• Options
    AngrySquirrelAngrySquirrel Registered User regular
    Had a lot of fun rolling over blue and red with you guys yesterday in wuvwuv. I'll be around some later tonight and tomorrow for more and probably some PvE exploring.

Live/PSN: IronSquirrel ,, Steam: angrysquirrel
    Battle.net: IronSquirrel#1462
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    Underwater traversal and combat is

*drumroll*

FUN.

Pretty shocking. The movement feels really nice and since you can't drown you can just chillax.

• Options
    TriiipledotTriiipledot Registered User regular
    Are people regularly grouping for pvp? Every time I've asked haven't gotten many responses and still can't figure out how to queue as a group.

• Options
    steejeesteejee Registered User regular
    Croaker wrote: »
    I have mixed feelings after the first day. The PVE content has left me utterly cold with its embarrassing voice acting and attempts to be a story-based game. The combat in PVE is fine, I guess, but I made the mistake of playing a Ranger and as others have already pointed out, the pets are beyond fucked.

I've though the VA has been solid so far, maybe one or two minor characters that weren't so hot, but otherwise good enough. I've enjoyed the story enough so far to want to see what's next (human commoner).

Ranger pet is useless so far unless I'm only fighting one mob (and is a pain to revive constantly), but for purely ranged combat I've found the class fun - traps, dodging, etc, making it fairly varied.
    The rest of the time I've been playing a Thief, a Guardian, and a Warrior in PVP. The battlegrounds are so bog-standard that I was surprised at how little I had to do. Capture three points? Maybe kill boss mobs? I've seen all this before. Wasn't this game supposed to be vastly different from other offerings, particularly in the PVP arena? While I really enjoyed combat, particularly with the Thief and the Guardian, I didn't get a sense of overwhelming variety from the different skill sets yet. I remain hopeful that it will come in time, but playing with full level 80 templates and seeing all of their skills unlocked was very, very underwhelming.

Haven't tried the PvP stuff yet, but I'm not sure what exactly you were expecting - most impressions I've heard have been very positive with the WvW, and it sounds like it plays like it was described.

The Great DAMNED STEAM SALES AND WII/U Backlog
    Just Finished: Borderlands (waste of $7)/Mario Brothers U/The Last Story/Tropico 4
    Currently Playing: NS2/ZombiU/PlanetSide 2/Ys/Dota2/Xenoblade Chronicles
    On Hold: Prince of Persia: Warrior Within/GW2/Scribblenauts
    Coming Next: Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones/X-Com Classic
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Mesmer feels like it lacks a certain oomph all other classes get. Doesn't feel like there's much impact in stuff.

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Croaker wrote: »

No, the PvP was always supposed to be capture-the-point because it's the mode that most emphasizes small player-vs-player fights.

• Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    Are people regularly grouping for pvp? Every time I've asked haven't gotten many responses and still can't figure out how to queue as a group.

I am quoting, because I'd also like to know if you can group queue for structured pvp, and haven't been able to get an answer or figure it out yet. My friends and I grouped up and did some WvW last night, but it was just stupid because Fort Aspenwood has so many people on it we just controlled 90+% of the map at all times. I can't wait to see WvW in a balanced pop environment where it's not all just one big zerg owning everything at all times.

I'd like to try out the structured too, because so far my thief is not playing the way I'd imagined, and I think a big part of it is the lack of small group skirmish pvp I've gotten to take part in. My dagger/dagger backstab fun times are way harder to pull off when the game is running like shit and there are so many people I can't even tell which way anybody is facing.

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Geez guys that castle last night... errr... this morning

From me getting over a dozen kills at once with the cannon to the clutch trebuchet from Terra Starfall, NICE totally won the day for our side so much exp, I went from level 10 to level 12 over the course of it

I'd put screenshots here but they're kinda big so ill throw em in the ss thread

override367 on
  • Options
    Echo wrote: »
    Mesmer feels like it lacks a certain oomph all other classes get. Doesn't feel like there's much impact in stuff.

A few of the skills need some sound/animation work to give them some weight I think.

Greatsword at max range hits like a tank though, it just does it in little chunks.
    I found sword the worst for feeling like you were swinging at air though.
    Scepter and Staff just felt piddly in general but I'm not sure if Scepter is supposed to be big damage or not.

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    Necromancers

so amazing

should've sent

an internet personality with a Youtube channel

Seriously. They're amazing. They're fucking melee spellcasters. You can fucking dual-wield daggers and cast curses and dark witchcraft! Axe is pretty good too, but I prefer the lifesteal-y survivability of main hand dagger more. And if you want some ranged action, they got that too with scepter and staff. And the staff, oh god the staff is so amazing. You create these big AoE blops on the ground and when things cross them they get fucked in the ass with your fucking debuffs. And oh no, you're low on health? Just activate your big bad shadowform and you've basically got another health bar with some pretty powerful abilities.

Necromancers are the fucking boss.

• Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Joshmvii wrote: »

I am quoting, because I'd also like to know if you can group queue for structured pvp, and haven't been able to get an answer or figure it out yet. My friends and I grouped up and did some WvW last night, but it was just stupid because Fort Aspenwood has so many people on it we just controlled 90+% of the map at all times. I can't wait to see WvW in a balanced pop environment where it's not all just one big zerg owning everything at all times.

I'd like to try out the structured too, because so far my thief is not playing the way I'd imagined, and I think a big part of it is the lack of small group skirmish pvp I've gotten to take part in. My dagger/dagger backstab fun times are way harder to pull off when the game is running like shit and there are so many people I can't even tell which way anybody is facing.

I didn't get an answer on wuvwuv either, but ended up seeing some orange (guild) names so just ran along with them and helped out.

I played a Ranger to level 10 last night and mainly used ax/warhorn and long bow. I really liked switching between the two and trying to play with the abilities for maximum profit. cripple here, boon there, aoe, et.al. Today I'm hoping to play with the greatsword on the ranger and then try another more melee-centric class.

Pets were definitely made of paper. I started switching my wolf from guard to avoid combat and using the heal whenever it was up to mitigate that though. There is also the toughness signet (can't remember the proper name) which makes your pet invincible for a few seconds which helps.

Qanamil on
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Pets and Illusions and any of that shit need more health/defence.

Necro pets are dead after like every fight, Ranger pets are just generally fucked and Mesmer illusions are so brittle you can do almost nothing with them.

shryke on
  • Options
    World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious people Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    eobet wrote: »
    Isn't the commerce working? I clicked "buy" on several crafting materials and money was deducted, but the items never appeared. Neither in my inventory nor in the bank.

Of you are buying things through commerce, they get mailed to you via the in-game mail system.

This is actually no longer true. The items are available in a pickup tab (the bottom tab on the left when you have the Commerce panel open) and you have to be physically at a trading post in order to pick 'em up. This was added very recently, and the messaging/UI needs major work, so it's hard to know that's what you need to do. My fault there.

World as Myth on
    kQwcZLJ.png
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    reVerse wrote: »
    Necromancers

so amazing

should've sent

an internet personality with a Youtube channel

Seriously. They're amazing. They're fucking melee spellcasters. You can fucking dual-wield daggers and cast curses and dark witchcraft! Axe is pretty good too, but I prefer the lifesteal-y survivability of main hand dagger more. And if you want some ranged action, they got that too with scepter and staff. And the staff, oh god the staff is so amazing. You create these big AoE blops on the ground and when things cross them they get fucked in the ass with your fucking debuffs. And oh no, you're low on health? Just activate your big bad shadowform and you've basically got another health bar with some pretty powerful abilities.

Necromancers are the fucking boss.

Agreed. I'm sure we'll get nerfed at some point. GW2 won't be a real MMO until they nerf Necromancers. It's tradition.

Got to 11 last night and I'll be focusing on the Death tree. Better survivability and stronger pets, yes please.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    Ramen NoodleRamen Noodle whoa, god has a picture of me! Registered User regular
    Can I get an invite to the guild? I'm Ramen Noodle in game.

• Options
    World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious people Registered User regular
    Yeah, we're dealing with a lot of those too, Echo. Beta, am I right, guys?!

kQwcZLJ.png
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    I have yet to manage to sell something via the trade post. I just get some "unable to sell" error.

• Options
    XX55XXXX55XX Registered User regular
    How do you get into world vs. world events? Didn't try that last night.

• Options
    EntriechEntriech ? ? ? ? ? Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    The login servers appear to be down. Can't login to the game or the beta forums. Annoying.

Please include a drop to character select button, jesus christ. Having to log out to character switch is annoying as fuck.

• Options
    RednazRednaz Registered User regular
    XX55XX wrote: »
    How do you get into world vs. world events? Didn't try that last night.

Hero tab > Enter the mists > Find the Asura gate that says WvW

Steam: The_Zeta
    LOL NA: Rednaz
    Currently Playing: Dark Forces
  • Options
    steejeesteejee Registered User regular
    Yeah, we're dealing with a lot of those too, Echo. Beta, am I right, guys?!

Lies! This game is to be released in one week! FIX IT NOW OMGWTF!

The Great DAMNED STEAM SALES AND WII/U Backlog
    Just Finished: Borderlands (waste of $7)/Mario Brothers U/The Last Story/Tropico 4
    Currently Playing: NS2/ZombiU/PlanetSide 2/Ys/Dota2/Xenoblade Chronicles
    On Hold: Prince of Persia: Warrior Within/GW2/Scribblenauts
    Coming Next: Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones/X-Com Classic
  • Options
    QuetzatcoatlQuetzatcoatl Registered User regular
    Yeah, just happened to me too, wanted to try out a warrior and now I can't log back in :(

• Options
    Ramen NoodleRamen Noodle whoa, god has a picture of me! Registered User regular
    Forums are down too.

• Options
    EntriechEntriech ? ? ? ? ? Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    I just wish they'd acknowledge more quickly that there is a problem. Twitter's screaming at them a mile a minute, so hopefully they know what's up.

• Options
    RandomEngyRandomEngy Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Anyone getting like 5 fps outside? It's basically unplayable. Wondering if it's the "unoptimized" beta or if I've got some cranky motherboard/cpu/memory combo.

Core i7 920
    GTX 570
    Intel 240 GB SSD

RandomEngy on
    Profile -> Signature Settings -> Hide signatures always. Then you don't have to read this worthless text anymore.
  • Options
    XX55XXXX55XX Registered User regular
    RandomEngy wrote: »
    Anyone getting like 5 fps outside? It's basically unplayable. Wondering if it's the "unoptimized" beta or if I've got some cranky motherboard/cpu/memory combo.

Core i7 920
    GTX 570
    Intel 240 GB SSD

I've got a Q9550 and a GTX 560 Ti. The performance was abysmal. I was getting 15-20FPS outside, and only 30-40 inside instances. Everything was turned up, by the way.

• Options
    GeodGeod swim, swim, hungryRegistered User regular

Core i7 920
    GTX 570
    Intel 240 GB SSD

I have a similar setup, but you have a better video card, and I'm running mostly fine at max settings.

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Yeah, just happened to me too, wanted to try out a warrior and now I can't log back in :(

ditto ditto on this

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    RednazRednaz Registered User regular

Core i7 920
    GTX 570
    Intel 240 GB SSD

They've said that there is a problem with CPU permanence right now. Besides, your hard drive has nothing to do with frame rate.

Steam: The_Zeta
    LOL NA: Rednaz
    Currently Playing: Dark Forces
  • Options
    LouieLouie Registered User regular
    I have an i7 and a 560ti and I'm running fine at max. Just needs some optimising for certain rigs.

camo_sig.png
    Twitter - discolouie PSN - Loupa Steam - Loupa
  • Options
    AvynteAvynte Registered User regular
    WvW this afternoon has been amazing.

They must have changed the matchups or something, but the pops were quite even and for a while the map was actually showing a perfect distribution.

Running around as a small ganksquad, killing yaks, and taking supply depots was great fun. Even if we did get three-way'd at the one blue supply camp by red and their ogres.

Also, cannons seriously hurt. :shock:

ECOED.jpg
This discussion has been closed.