As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Screenshots 9: Needs More Spiky Bits

• Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    Is it just me or do the character models looks really out of place? like...they're not lit properly or something.

• CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    Nishu wrote: »
    Banzai5150 wrote: »
    Preorder beta is ongoing as of yesterday and there is a rumor of it releasing in June to coincide with the release of the original GW.

As eager as I am to play more, I hope they don't release in June. They've got a lot of stability/performance/polishing work to do.

Granted, they are in a pretty good place in regards to those things then other close to launch MMOs I've played, but ya they definitely need to do a few things, including some more community suggested features such as allowing people to pick overflow servers to meet up with party members, getting more use out of CPUs and GPUs, and stuff to do with auto-attack.

488W936.png
  • KaseiusKaseius Registered User regular
    okay, those environments with the max screenshots look pretty nice. going to agree with Anon on the character models -- hopefully they get it fixed up before release!

www.youtube.com/user/kaseius -- Let's Plays
  • sidhaethesidhaethe Registered User regular
    The rumors of a June release are just that - rumors generally based on placeholder release dates from retailers like Gamestop. There is no official release date.

• eobeteobet 8-bit childhood SwedenRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Is it just me or do the character models looks really out of place? like...they're not lit properly or something.

If you are talking Guild Wars 2, on high detail level your character always have a white backlight on them. Probably to make them pop more (lots of games use this... like Shadow of the Colossus, Mario and others).

eobet on
    Heard the proposition that RIAA and MPAA should join forces and form "Music And Film Industry Association"?
  • ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    You can make some beautiful characters in Tera

8yukhu.png
    sx25g2.png

t5qfc9.jpg
  • MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    Hey wow!

The new red hair is really REALLY red.

Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    H1Cph.jpg

My new Lancer, Went with Aman since they look nice in plate armor.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • JarsJars Registered User regular
    the random option is pretty hilarious

• TolerantZeroTolerantZero Registered User regular
    Gotta say, I'm a big fan of Hoelbrak. Really nice scenery, and the giant ass dragon tooth in the middle of the lodge is a nice touch.

2a5hook.jpg

Cutscenes aren't half bad, either. The pictures don't do them much justice, though.

2emprm1.jpg

Steam | Raptr | 3DS - 2552-2106-0321
  • DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    Alright got my Slayer to 34 and finally was able to leave the Dreary death around Poporion!

Hopped on a pegasus to reach one of the warp gates for easy travel
    u8WL6.jpg

Not joking about warp gate.
    vUe22.jpg

Arrived over the beautiful Cutthroat Harbor, a finer den of villainy doesn't exist.
    FMAXF.jpg

The sun was a welcome change from the darkness in Poporion.
    qoubP.jpg

And.....of course we go right into a giant labyrinth where it's dark and evil again.
    GEJp7.jpg

And for good measure we decided to check out their basement. Obviously not having our fill of darkness.
    TjOeg.jpg

Next stop, The City of Elin! Pora Elinu!

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • NishuNishu Registered User regular
    My new Lancer, Went with Aman since they look nice in plate armor.

They really do. I'm thinking of making my Lancer an Aman as well, though I find the higher camera due to their height is a little disorienting for combat (which is funny, since I typically only play tall characters in standard MMOs).

• SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    Hint: I'm not supposed to be here.

pYP9A.jpg

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
    Entaru: How did you do it? I must know. I won't try, I promise.

Anyway, I did some more stuff:

I don't even know what this is. The Gate Is Closed.
    qU5wQ.jpg

Here, have some charr architecture on top of the ruins of your human civilization.
    heM3j.jpg

So, this is a thing I jumped off of. A nice gentleman at the top let me know about special goggles that allowed me to do a twist and flip on my way down.
    CtX8t.jpg

iLF9M.jpg

I fought a giant and the... giant won. Over and over and over, until we whittled him down.

OnHRY.jpg

7kehG.jpg

LlMol.jpg

Lion's Arch is just epic. I spent two hours running around just unlocking points of interest, and gave up/tuckered out at 98% completion. Their underwater passageways have underwater passageways! It's insane.

9NOcv.jpg

edited April 2012
    How do you get to those areas?

Got the answer.

eobet on
    Heard the proposition that RIAA and MPAA should join forces and form "Music And Film Industry Association"?
  • hoodie13hoodie13 punch bro Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Got a horse, made it to some graveyards. Even those are pretty in TERA.

YfXKth.jpg

hoodie13 on
    PSN: HoodieThirteen
    XBL: Torn Hoodie
    @hoodiethirteen
  • LittleBootsLittleBoots Registered User regular
    w6RjK.jpg

Durp

Tofu wrote: Here be Littleboots, destroyer of threads and master of drunkposting.
  • FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    Fuckyou McScowlface receives a blessing from a Goddess.

jOhxS.jpg

Are you the magic man?
  • lizbotlizbot Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Oh my god....I never fail to crack up at the pugs...every single time..

hd1.jpg

I hope there's more monocles available at later levels. Because monocles are important.
    (Also I tried the 3D screenshot thing, but cant be bothered to find my 3D glasses)

hd7.jpg

lizbot on
    fwp.png
  • naengwennaengwen Registered User regular
    So when I fiddle around with Catalyst Control Center on my laptop, this happens.

MHzWj.jpg
    Oh well. Back to real screenshots!

We found a whale.

yQyEj.jpg
    Humpback, no less.

Then I found the diving platform.

vTW3B.jpg
    Hey, guys? I'm not sure I wanna go on this ride.

Guys?

3bzvl.jpg
    No really guys, I wanna go back down. We can do that now, right? It's not too late, right? Guys?

7fzIA.jpg
    Ah, fuck.

I decided to splurge with the gems and buy a new town outfit today. I played around with a bunch of color combinations before settling on something bland.

zvFbH.jpg
    Just a note, there's about 8 asura gates in there that are under construction. Guessing it's for future content.

I found a representative of the game's resident bear people.

8AXba.jpg
    The kodan, as opposed to the norn, who can only turn into bear people every now and then.

After a while, I headed back to the charr capital city.

A3KwP.jpg
    As a part of the human/charr peace accord, at least one bland human must occupy every district of the citadel.

There's a pretty awesome looking structure in this picture.

adCBV.jpg
    That structure is me, baby. /charrflex

edited April 2012
    So I've been kind of spamming this thread with images. In light of not wanting to piss people off I'm putting the next ones in an album. If you want me to post them without the album let me know and i'll edit this post.

http://imgur.com/a/8DroZ#1

Delphinidaes on
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    I took a total of 183 screenshots of the GW2 Beta Weekend event. I shall go through them tomorrow and post the best here, including more Lion's Arch, random adventures, and my characters.

For now, the obligatory group screenshot fest in LA of the PA guild. Truly a preamble of things to come.

QLSzs.jpg

I'm the chick with the gun in the middle.

488W936.png
  • ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    My new favorite fight in TERA:

TERA_ScreenShot_20120429_231711.png

• OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Ok, this isn't my fault. Completely anyway.

uOIw5.jpg
    3G1Zq.jpg

It's really on this guy's head.

I5NZg.jpg

• AstaleAstale Registered User regular
    Okay, some of the Guild Wars shots look incredible, and some look like they're 5+ years old. Sometimes of the same thing.

Is it just a difference in settings?

Really digging the art style though, hope they make it easy to run on high settings unlike some other MMOs which we no longer speak of (looks at Squeenix).

• Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Zzulu wrote: »
    You can make some beautiful characters in Tera

8yukhu.png

I kinda want to make this my character. Well, with a different hair, but yea. It's like some sort of Disney pirate.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    So we decided to have a small guild get together on the outskirts of the capital city

goodtimes1.png
    Yes folks that is a campfire. Vamen is wholly uninterested and sulking because of our emotional abuse. Brynhilde and Komachi are having a drunken brawl by a pillar

goodtimes2.png
    Vamen still has hurt feelings in this shot. The brawl is over and Duckets is convinced that he can take both of them at once with both hands tied behind his horn pompadour.

goodtimes3.png
    I decided to step in and restore order at this point. This is probably the only civil screenshot I managed to get. I even managed to smile for the camera here. Vamen posed but only because he's a team player. He really didn't want to be there since he isn't a castle yet.

goodtimes4.png
    goodtimes5.png
    "The fuck are you guys doin back there......?"

goodtimes6.png
    More folks from the guild started to join in. You can't see my mystic's face in this shot. But rest assured his jaw is on the floor, dumbfounded by the spontaneous song and dance routine that erupted behind him.

goodtimes7.png
    *sigh*

goodtimes8.png
    At this point I was totally discombobulated. They had managed to break me down thus I suggested tomfoolery. Such as making our steeds convulse in a horrid display.

goodtimes9.png
    We managed to chase this poor soul all the way across the Velika wilds to Celestial Hills where we proceeded to box him in with our horses.
    The funny thing about all this is after a couple of minutes of being subjected to it they joined our cause. Most likely out of fear of reprisal should they choose otherwise.
    They choose wisely this day.

These are just a couple shots of me looking like a rabbit pimp.

kingmonty.png
    kingmonty2.png

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
    The first eight shots are almost the exact same thing. Well, seven, one has horses.

I really hate to complain about that, I don't want to tell people what to do in what is basically an artistic thread. I'm just politely suggesting that picking the best out of those first seven shots and then putting all the text under that one would be just as good without nearly as much scrolling down. :I

Or putting the sequence past the first one in spoilers? I'm coming off as a jerk aren't I.

I would have put the 'story time sequence' set behind spoilers if they didn't make them gigantic once the spoiler was unspoiled?

Astale wrote: »
    The first eight shots are almost the exact same thing. Well, seven, one has horses.

I really hate to complain about that, I don't want to tell people what to do in what is basically an artistic thread. I'm just politely suggesting that picking the best out of those first seven shots and then putting all the text under that one would be just as good without nearly as much scrolling down. :I

Or putting the sequence past the first one in spoilers? I'm coming off as a jerk aren't I.

I think you just hate bunnies.

Why do you hate bunnies?

You are horrible for hating bunnies.

delphinidaes.png
  • FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular

other people are nicer than I am, but basically it is a screenshot thread, if you don't want to scroll through screenshots you probably shouldn't come to it. I think this gets repeated every time someone tries to dictate what should be in them or if people should use spoiler tags or not (they shouldn't).

Are you the magic man?
  • ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    The post was very superfluous :)

t5qfc9.jpg
  • EnigEnig a.k.a. Ansatz Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    GW2 beta is done. Here's some of my favorite screens. They are all taken at very high (but not quite maximum) settings. I was too lazy to try forcing anisotropic filtering for this beta event, as I did not know what the effects would be. So sorry about some of the angled textures.

The free city of Lion's Arch. The city is huge and there are walkways and little back alleys everywhere.
    ?.jpg

Lion's Arch at night.
    ?.jpg

Face-to-face with the human queen Jennah in her throne room in the city of Divinity's Reach.
    ?.jpg

A view of half of one of the six districts of Divinity's Reach.
    ?.jpg

Outside Divinity's Reach, in the village of Shaemoor.
    ?.jpg

?.jpg

?.jpg

?.jpg

Scrap yard in the Black Citadel, the Charr capitol city.
    ?.jpg

Assaulting a keep in "world vs world" (server vs server) PvP. My pistol shot is aimed right between the eyes of a pesky wizard up there on the ramparts.
    ?.jpg

Assaulting a different keep.
    ?.jpg

Apparently when Charr shout a battlecry there are shockwaves and nearby people's hands crackle with lightning. Yes they are that badass.
    ?.jpg

A strike force including several PA'ers returned the orb of power safely to our home shrine, helping to give our forces the edge across all four world vs world battlegrounds.
    ?.jpg

PA guild meets up in Lion's Arch. This is just the few I could get in frame while we were posing for a group photo. (See Corehealer's post above)
    ?.jpg

Asura technology is quite impressive... even if you don't know what the actual purpose is.
    ?.jpg

Three Charr PA'ers assault a lookout point attempting to reclaim it from ogres. We managed to clear them out (their forces all fled!), but the ogres came back with a devastating counter-attack a few minutes later.
    ?.jpg

A monastery in the Krytan countryside.
    ?.jpg

Closing portals to the underworld with hot lead.
    ?.jpg

This guy objected.
    ?.jpg

?.jpg

?.jpg

This is more of a silly screenshot. At the end of the beta there was a zone-wide event in the Norn lands featuring extremely dangerous critters (pigs, raccoons, rats, etc). Here a flaming bird of terror downs player after player.
    ?.jpg

Enig on
    ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
    Steam (Ansatz) || GW2 officer (Ansatz.6498)
    We must've killed 20 of the damned things.
    SIXeA.jpg

(I'd do it again)

• lizbotlizbot Registered User regular

Okay, some of the Guild Wars shots look incredible, and some look like they're 5+ years old. Sometimes of the same thing.

Is it just a difference in settings?

Really digging the art style though, hope they make it easy to run on high settings unlike some other MMOs which we no longer speak of (looks at Squeenix).

Graphic Settings + there's a low resolution screenshot, and a high resolution screenshot, and they make a huge difference when it comes to lighting and capturing nice textures.

fwp.png
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Beezel wrote: »
    goodtimes9.png
    Check the name/guild of the little guy to the right in this screenshot. D:

Aldo on
    Aldo wrote: »
    Beezel wrote: »
    goodtimes9.png
    Check the name/guild of the little guy to the right in this screenshot. D:

ah geez that guy. At first I thought it was just one dude but more of his guildmates started showing up. I'm hoping they were a case of people getting into head start under the buddy codes and actually won't return for retail.

People already posted Lion's Arch... but, damn:

fu0ER.jpg

This is another bridge, high, high, up above the city:

OsqyK.jpg

It had a full interior too. Some sort of pub with several levels, even. Found a fancy restaurant nearby too!

Frei wrote: »

other people are nicer than I am, but basically it is a screenshot thread, if you don't want to scroll through screenshots you probably shouldn't come to it. I think this gets repeated every time someone tries to dictate what should be in them or if people should use spoiler tags or not (they shouldn't).

I didn't tell him to do a darn thing, I made suggestions and he responded why they weren't feasible (the new forums way of handling spoilered screenshots). End of story.

Because, as you pointed out, he's nicer than you. Chill out.

• EnigEnig a.k.a. Ansatz Registered User regular
    eobet wrote: »
    It had a full interior too. Some sort of pub with several levels, even. Found a fancy restaurant nearby too!

The pub in the middle of the LA arch is one of my favorite things. I like how you can go into all the little walkways and buildings and such all over the city.

ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
    Steam (Ansatz) || GW2 officer (Ansatz.6498)
This discussion has been closed.