As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Presidential Election Thread] All Hail the Liberty Rooster.

• nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »
    Wait, I thought Issa was one of the leaders of the obstructionists?

he's a Tea Party douchbag so the old guard GOP is fair game

• SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular

He's been around a lot longer than the tea party. He was the one who caused that whole governor mess years ago

steam_sig.png
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    shryke wrote: »
    resevrve.jpg

Headdesk

Federal Reserve be trollin the dimwits. Love it.

No no no. The Federal Resevrve.

Goddamn Frenchmen...

• Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    shryke wrote: »
    resevrve.jpg

Headdesk

Federal Reserve be trollin the dimwits. Love it.

Goldbugs love that image, but it's pretty fake. A lot of denominations are multicolored and most of these are photoshopped to bring attention to some colors and away from others. For example, the fifty has blue, red, green, and yellow, depending on what you're looking at and the twenty has some pretty strong blue elements. The five doesn't have nearly that much color.

• BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    resevrve.jpg

Headdesk

Hell, I think its funny.

• Boring7Boring7 Registered User regular
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    resevrve.jpg

Headdesk

Hell, I think its funny.

Even if it were true it would be funny.

• ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    Boring7 wrote: »
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    resevrve.jpg

Headdesk

Hell, I think its funny.

Even if it were true it would be funny.

It'd be nice to know that the Fed was mocking the new-wave prospectors.

• CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    If the GOP accuses the President of being anti~student then the President needs to say they're trying to pit women and students against each other, and that half of the students or people with college debt are women.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    The President is being criticized for "politicizing" him killing Osama Bin Laden.

Shit, that's been our goal since we got into the desert. I guess it's just something they don't have an answer for, so they're playing the ever-mature "YOU'RE CHEATING" card.

TL;DR: Republicans claim OBL is election haxx.

• QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    The President is being criticized for "politicizing" him killing Osama Bin Laden.

Shit, that's been our goal since we got into the desert. I guess it's just something they don't have an answer for, so they're playing the ever-mature "YOU'RE CHEATING" card.

Perhaps Obama should take the high road and mention there has never been a terrorist attack on American soil during his term.

Eleven. Billion. Times.

• DacDac Registered User regular
    Because Republicans didn't at all politicize the killing of OBL last year by trying to claim that it was all the result of Bush-era policies, right?

Sigh.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    Quid wrote: »

Perhaps Obama should take the high road and mention there has never been a terrorist attack on American soil during his term.

Eleven. Billion. Times.

Sure there have. Just, you know. On abortion clinics and doctors.

• Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular

I'm pretty sure he's being criticized for criticizing people who politicize it (ex: Hilary in '08), then turning around and doing just that.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure he's being criticized for criticizing people who politicize it (ex: Hilary in '08), then turning around and doing just that.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/28/us/politics/critics-pounce-on-obamas-trumpeting-of-bin-laden-death.html?_r=1

Nope. He's just flat out being criticized for it by the GOP, who sat behind Dubya's trumpeting of the capture/execution of Saddam in '04.

• enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Dac wrote: »
    Because Republicans didn't at all politicize the killing of OBL last year by trying to claim that it was all the result of Bush-era policies, right?

Sigh.

Them politicizing 9/11 is the thing to go to here.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • VeritasVRVeritasVR Registered User regular

Sigh.

Them politicizing 9/11 is the thing to go to here.

What? I can't hear you over all the 9/11. 9/11. 9/11.

9/11.

CoH_infantry.jpg
    Let 'em eat fucking pineapples!
  • DacDac Registered User regular
    Noun verb 9/11

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • JarsJars Registered User regular
    did someone say 9/11? you might summon Giuliani's specter

• VeritasVRVeritasVR Registered User regular
    Noun verb 9/11

Grass grows 9/11

Birds fly 9/11

Sun shines 9/11

CoH_infantry.jpg
    Let 'em eat fucking pineapples!
    VeritasVR wrote: »
    Noun verb 9/11

Grass grows 9/11

Birds fly 9/11

Sun shines 9/11

can't explain that

• FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    KalTorak wrote: »
    VeritasVR wrote: »
    Noun verb 9/11

Grass grows 9/11

Birds fly 9/11

Sun shines 9/11

can't explain that

Me? I hurt 9/11

• dojangodojango Registered User regular

He's been around a lot longer than the tea party. He was the one who caused that whole governor mess years ago

Yeah, there's not a chance in hell Issa will try and hold hearings on the GOP leadership. If he does try to go for the leadership position he'll do it the old fashioned way, with backroom deals and a backbenchers's revolt. Unfortunately he can't just buy them like he did with the recall.

• TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/224371-romney-campaign-claims-auto-bailout-was-his-idea?utm_campaign=briefingroom
    Romney campaign aide claims auto bailout was Romney's idea
    By Brendan Sasso - 04/28/12 01:28 PM ET

One of Mitt Romney's top advisers said Saturday that President Obama's decision to bailout Chrysler and General Motors was actually Romney's idea.

"[Romney's] position on the bailout was exactly what President Obama followed. I know it infuriates them to hear that," Eric Fehrnstrom, senior adviser to the Romney campaign, said.

"The only economic success that President Obama has had is because he followed Mitt Romney's advice."

It's like someone restricted Romney's campaign to only lie.

• nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    edited April 2012

Is it just me or is that a really dumb move?

I mean it would be great if everybody believed that but all Obama has to do is put out a bunch of adds of Romney's "Let Detroit go bankrupt" and nobody who hears Romney make that claim is going to believe him.

Every reasonable person who sees those things together is gonna know he's a liar.

EDIT: Plus he just admitted that Obama did something right. He can spin it all he likes but any admittance that something Obama did worked is gonna hurt him.

nightmarenny on
    Quire.jpg
  • MetroidZoidMetroidZoid Registered User regular
    How long has this Fehrnstrom been 'helping' Romney and how much money can I pay to keep him helping?

9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
    3DS FC: 4699-5714-8940 Playing Pokemon, add me! Ho, SATAN!

Is it just me or is that a really dumb move?

I mean it would be great if everybody believed that but all Obama has to do is put out a bunch of adds of Romney's "Let Detroit go bankrupt" and nobody who hears Romney make that claim is going to believe him.

Every reasonable person who sees those things together is gonna know he's a liar.

EDIT: Plus he just admitted that Obama did something right. He can spin it all he likes but any admittance that something Obama did worked is gonna hurt him.

Oh it's a terrible idea. But... he's down 5 in Ohio. Gotta fix that somehow.

• AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular

Well, they're already facing that fight with Romneycare, so I can't imagine what their campaign is going to end up looking like.

"Vote Romney 2012! Everything you love about Obama, but Whiter!"

• JurgJurg In a TeacupRegistered User regular
    Woah, are you shitting me? The lies are just blindingly obvious. Then again, it might not be THAT dumb, because there are going to be at least a few conservatives who hear that and then immediately ignore any actual truth regarding it. "Romney saved the auto industry!"

sig.gif
  • ClevingerClevinger Registered User regular
    Jurg wrote: »
    Woah, are you shitting me? The lies are just blindingly obvious. Then again, it might not be THAT dumb, because there are going to be at least a few conservatives who hear that and then immediately ignore any actual truth regarding it. "Romney saved the auto industry!"

Yeah, it might work on low information voters. Just keeping hammering that lie and it might look like a he said, she said in politics. And I can just see Politifact rating Romney's claim as "half true" as well. lol

• The Fourth EstateThe Fourth Estate Registered User regular
    Clevinger wrote: »
    Jurg wrote: »

Yeah, it might work on low information voters. Just keeping hammering that lie and it might look like a he said, she said in politics. And I can just see Politifact rating Romney's claim as "half true" as well. lol

Half of Romney was always in favour of the bailout.

• AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    Romney holds all opinions at all times simultaneously and it's only through a quirk of the cosmic strings that we can hear one when he speaks.

Lh96QHG.png
  • AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Romney holds all opinions at all times simultaneously and it's only through a quirk of the cosmic strings that we can hear one when he speaks.

It was posted earlier: Romney's campaign exists at the quantum level. To elicit his position is to alter its value. All outcomes depend on who is measuring them.

• BaronSamediBaronSamedi Same dude as yesterday. The AlamoRegistered User regular
    So the White House correspondents' dinner was last night. All of it was alright, and I laughed, but this was pretty good:

cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/bestoftv/2012/04/29/exp-sot-whcd-obama-dogs.cnn.html

"Have you ever noticed that their stuff is shit, and your shit is stuff?"--George Carlin
    So the White House correspondents' dinner was last night. All of it was alright, and I laughed, but this was pretty good:

cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/bestoftv/2012/04/29/exp-sot-whcd-obama-dogs.cnn.html

fantastic

• FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Man, Obama is such a great campaigner.

• AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    I can't believe he's using the office as an election tool.

Obama should have to resign as president in order to campaign, anything less shows that he's not taking the job seriously.

Lh96QHG.png
    Everything he's done as president has been a campaign tool, trying to show that he can do the job of being president. It's shameless.

• override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    I've actually heard that, and when I point out that bush doubled farm subsidies to get reelected the eye glazing begins

This discussion has been closed.