As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Legend of Korra: PANIC!!!! Episode 4 Is Uploaded!!!!

• Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    chakras, chakras, everyone loves chakras!

Butler For Life, the previous sentence will seem posthumously hilarious.

Elaro on
    Children's rights are human rights.
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    *Reads the light chakra description on the wiki*
    *Looks at Amon*
    It not just the fact that he's doing this that makes him scary, its the fact that he's skilled enough to to thid that makes him scary.

What is his plan?

Missed the first half, someone give me a bullet point highlight of today's episode?

• Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    the guru in the first series explained to Aang that to have complete control of the Avatar State he had to cleans all seven of his chakras

each one was the representation of a positive thing (truth, cosmic unity, pleasure, etc.) and was contaminated by a negative thing (lies, worldly attachment, guilt, etc.)

The first chakra is the Earth chakra, which deals with survival instinct and is blocked by fear. Aang had to confront his fears and move past them to cleanse the chakra.

I don't know, she was scared absolutely shitless so I don't know if that counts as "facing your fears".

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    Dongs GaloreDongs Galore Registered User regular
    I never watched more than, like, one episode of Avatar, but I'm enjoying Korra a lot so far

The design of the Equalists is really, really awesome

• Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    This is the cutest show ever

"Get out of town!"

Also Naga is just like my dog and i have to cuddle him while i watch.

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    ponytail man

poo
  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    I never watched more than, like, one episode of Avatar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gmmUAqE7nQ

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    crwth wrote: »
    I never watched more than, like, one episode of Avatar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gmmUAqE7nQ

That is one of the better jokes, mainly because they got a great singer.

• Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    oh man this show really is just the best show ever

when she cried i cried

it's so good

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    I'm surprised none of you reacted to Milo pissing in whatever he was pissing in at the grand ball. Or maybe he was taking a shit?

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    TankHammer wrote: »
    speculation
    I think Asami might be an Equalist

she doesn't actually care about Mako, she's just using him to get close to Korra

OH shit.
    I thought she was coming on a little to fast. It would make sense if she had ulterior motives but that would be absolutely mind-blowing if they keep making her likable and then have her turn on the K-team.

The ending of this episode was brutal. Legend of Korra is pulling no punches.

i am honestly not trying to be a dick or condescending here
    i honestly thought this was the most super obvious path they could taking since they had set up korra and mako already and i was hoping they wouldn't make Asumi evil

i'm not saying korra and mako won't end up together, though i would also think it was super cool if there was an episode where there's like all this tension and mako is just like "sorry korra i'm with asumi"

but i mean i know it won't happen, it would just be cool if it did

anyway

yeah

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    man I can't believe that was only half an hour!
    Asami is cool, although a little bit of a cipher. I hope there's an episode focusing on her in the future so we can get to know her better. Also I hope she's not secretly evil.

The politics behind the anti-Equalist task force are really interesting. Tenzin didn't really give any indication of what he thought ought to be done about Amon, I wonder what he thinks would be the right thing to do. Also yeah, that task force was crazy brutal, freezing peoples' heads and whatnot. I wonder what input, if any, Lin had on the task force. If she was shut out of the planning process, that could be why she continues to be annoyed at Korra.

I was kind of wondering last episode what the corporate sponsor situation was like in pro bending. Honestly kind of surprised that Sato wasn't already sponsoring a team, if that kind of thing is common.

Is it just me or does grown up Toph's face look a little... off?

• Options
    Asami is cool, although a little bit of a cipher. I hope there's an episode focusing on her in the future so we can get to know her better. Also I hope she's not secretly evil.

The politics behind the anti-Equalist task force are really interesting. Tenzin didn't really give any indication of what he thought ought to be done about Amon, I wonder what he thinks would be the right thing to do. Also yeah, that task force was crazy brutal, freezing peoples' heads and whatnot. I wonder what input, if any, Lin had on the task force. If she was shut out of the planning process, that could be why she continues to be annoyed at Korra.

I was kind of wondering last episode what the corporate sponsor situation was like in pro bending. Honestly kind of surprised that Sato wasn't already sponsoring a team, if that kind of thing is common.

she got herself quite the jaw/chin

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    TankHammer wrote: »
    speculation
    I think Asami might be an Equalist

she doesn't actually care about Mako, she's just using him to get close to Korra

OH shit.
    I thought she was coming on a little to fast. It would make sense if she had ulterior motives but that would be absolutely mind-blowing if they keep making her likable and then have her turn on the K-team.

The ending of this episode was brutal. Legend of Korra is pulling no punches.

i am honestly not trying to be a dick or condescending here
    i honestly thought this was the most super obvious path they could taking since they had set up korra and mako already and i was hoping they wouldn't make Asumi evil

i'm not saying korra and mako won't end up together, though i would also think it was super cool if there was an episode where there's like all this tension and mako is just like "sorry korra i'm with asumi"

but i mean i know it won't happen, it would just be cool if it did

anyway

yeah

agreeing with swordfights here
    it'd be great if she wasn't evil at all or if she is she sees that benders aren't as bad as amon makes them out to be and flips sides

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    episode screencap
    tumblr_m37jvzHJDt1qi4lbuo1_500.jpg
    Hey Aang, why you mad, bro?

• Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    I just skipped three pages to say

Why hasn't Nick put this up yet, oh God.

I wasn't able to watch it live and last week people said it was up around two! Where is it? I need it now.

• Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    was that adult sokka at the beginning of the flashback sequence?

• Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    Jimothy wrote: »

I wasn't able to watch it live and last week people said it was up around two! Where is it? I need it now.

Feel my pain

I overslept by 20 minutes

Now I will never see this

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular

I think Tenzin, probably on account of being Aang's son, sees the Avatar as some kind of cure-all, which is why he supported Korra's decision when her reasoning was to focus on her training. He's the only one who sees the two groups co-existing as the ideal destination, instead of just squashing a "rebellion."

He also seems to be the only one who understands that the anti-bender movement is more than just one man, so silencing Amon isn't going to magically fix everything. He's like the only bender to not suffer a knee-jerk reaction after Amon's demonstration, probably because, again, Aang's son.

• Options
    Also, the guy Sato talks about who gave him the means to make the Satomobile

That's gotta be Sokka, right?

• Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    Jimothy wrote: »

Feel my pain

I overslept by 20 minutes

Now I will never see this

I was at work. I was being good! I did the right thing! And Nick is punishing me.

Makes me want to take down the bending establishment.

• Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    Down with benders people who saw this episode.

• Options
    jeez you guys, get yoself a DVR

• Options
    edited April 2012
    I think we're going to be seeing more and more of that flashback clip
    Since that appears to be Korra's first experience of interactions with previous Avatars.

EDIT: Also, Aang bearing such a resemblance to Tenzin is a nice touch. Where'd his tattoos go, though?

Javen on
  • Options
    I stumbled across this fan art and I thought it was cool

uyDLS.png

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Javen wrote: »
    Also, the guy Sato talks about who gave him the means to make the Satomobile

That's gotta be Sokka, right?

i really hope so

• Options
    I definitely prefer those "ripples making waves" types of connections rather than the big ones like Amon being Ozai's reincarnated whatever or something like that.

• Options
    HarrierHarrier The Star Spangled Man Registered User regular
    Since that appears to be Korra's first experience of interactions with previous Avatars.

EDIT: Also, Aang bearing such a resemblance to Tenzin is a nice touch. Where'd his tattoos go, though?
    I think we have to see more of it, and I also think
    it's related to what that Northern Water Tribe guy was mentioning at the beginning of the episode. The anecdote about Aang dealing with an earlier threat to Republic City? That's going to come up again. It might even have something to do with Amon's origin.

I don't wanna kill anybody. I don't like bullies. I don't care where they're from.
  • Options
    QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    Ughhhh what is the normal or stated delay on eps going up on nick's site? I dont have a TV, much less cable, or a DVR. Nick is the only way I'm seeing this, as I want to support their stuff.

• Options
    Harrier wrote: »

it's related to what that Northern Water Tribe guy was mentioning at the beginning of the episode. The anecdote about Aang dealing with an earlier threat to Republic City? That's going to come up again. It might even have something to do with Amon's origin.
    If so, since Aang proved he's not a killer, I'm betting energy bending was involved, which, yeah, would make sense considering.

• Options
    Ughhhh what is the normal or stated delay on eps going up on nick's site? I dont have a TV, much less cable, or a DVR. Nick is the only way I'm seeing this, as I want to support their stuff.

There isn't a "normal" yet. Last week, the episode was up almost before it was done airing.

• Options
    Harrier wrote: »

If so, since Aang proved he's not a killer, I'm betting energy bending was involved, which, yeah, would make sense considering.

speculation and episode spoilers
    this makes so much sense that i'm excited to see it happen

in the closeup of his face when he told korra he was going to destroy her, his eyes were really yellow

isn't that a fire nation thing?

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular

The tattoos are there, just super faded.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    Also, Korra explaining that
    She'd never actually felt fear before is, to me, incredible and goes a long way to show how flawed the White Lotus' methods of training the Avatar were. It's becoming more and more apparent that, right now, she may as well be an alien.

Javen on
  • Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    I stumbled across this fan art and I thought it was cool

uyDLS.png

Why are her boobs growling?

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Has Nickelodeon unveiled the new episode online?

I wish to see it!
    jeez you guys, get yoself a DVR

I don't have cable TV.

We flat-out don't have the money for the installation fee.

I'm having to bug my mom for help just to get by without starving. :(

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    I, too, don't like being told to just go out and purchase a $90-$400 piece of electronics whenever I don't have the scheduling convenience to see a TV show when it is broadcast.

• Options
    dang, I didn't mean to hurt you guys, I was just being flippant

sincerely, I'm sorry

• Options
    i'm sure it was a joke

a poor joke, but still

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    I forget when it was said to me, but it was in another thread for similar reasons. I think maybe the Adventure Time thread? Could have been this one.

Anyway I'm not offended, just nipping this in the bud early to be safe.

This discussion has been closed.