As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Phallakinetic Finale - Day 9 - WITNESS THE ARMADA'S TRIUMPH

• Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    yeah tomorrow we're probably gonna have to get rid of murderbot.
    He seems like a useful tool. Shame to outright off him.

well, if he wants to kill quicken then he really is detrimental to the village.

• Options
    RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    .... I just got that Kwy is quicken! Oh wow. I never put the names together.

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    MURDERBOT WANTS TO MURDER, PRIMARILY.

DECIDING WHO IS BEING MURDERED MAY BE BETTER LEFT TO NON MURDERBOT INDIVIDUALS.

• Options
    WietWiet Mao Mao Registered User regular
    Quicken is something like a counterpart to the Renegade if I'm getting my lore right.

XStly.jpg
  • Options
    WietWiet Mao Mao Registered User regular
    Who is murderbot murdering tonight if murderbot is not murdering Langly, if I may be so bold?

XStly.jpg
  • Options
    yeah tomorrow we're probably gonna have to get rid of murderbot.
    He seems like a useful tool. Shame to outright off him.
    well, if he wants to kill quicken then he really is detrimental to the village.
    Why? Who's quicken?

you're quicken!

• Options
    SPOIT AND PHAREZON.

• Options
    PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    Well, nuts.

jkZziGc.png
  • Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    Darn it.

• Options
    corvidaecorvidae Registered User regular
    I believe I will die tonight.

• Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    If someone so much as sneezed at me last night, I'm probably dead.

And you'll all see that I was exactly who I said I was. Arcadian telekinetic, attacked tayrun 3 nights in a row, then taya (she resisted), tonight tasty

• Options
    I believe I killed you so yes.

• Options
    Tastypastry is arcadian.

• Options
    But sure, let the neutrals control the village vote. No way that will turn out bad for the village.

• Options
    PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
  • Options
    tastypastrytastypastry Can somebody please remove these cutleries from my knees?Registered User regular
    Taya wrote: »
    Tastypastry is arcadian.

Thank you kindly.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Day 6

The communication was encrypted, but they both knew who the other was.

"You said you were going to kill me."

"I MADE A MISTAKE."

"Hello? Anybody? Hello...?"

Unit Pharezon froze in mid step.

"Please, somebody, I need help! Who's there?"

It was unlikely that that reedy, whining, petrified voice could belong to a designated target. But the Assassin could not dismiss the outcome entirely, and so he approached the mouth of the alley. With his wrist cannon prepped, in case the human required disintegration.

The Rogue Mech, known variously as Unit Munkus, "Murderbot", and for some reason Winky, lurched out of the shadows.

"HUMANS WERE IMITATING MURDERBOT. MURDERBOT DECIDED TO IMITATE HUMANS."

Pharezon, a tall and adroit Assassin-type Paleon, was nonetheless dwarfed by the infamously berserk robot. And then he was catapulted by the infamously berserk robot.

He flew backwards, cartwheeling across the floor and leaving a crater with every bounce.

Unit Spoit, designated a Warrior, immediately opened fire. The fusion pulses tapped at the Rogue's armour, leaving modest black dots of melted metal.

"YOU WILL FIND THAT THE PARAGON MECH WAS HELD BACK BY AN APPRECIATION FOR THE SANCTITY AND DIGNITY OF LIFE."

The huge mech responded by collapsing half a building on top of Spoit with a barrage of hypervelocity projectiles.

"I AM SADDENED THAT HE IS NOT HERE TO SEE ME DEMONSTRATE THE FINER POINTS OF BRUTALLY ERADICATING COWARDLY TINY BACKSTABBING ROBOTS."

Unit Pharezon was already back on his feet, darting forward, slicing away a chunk off the machine's back column. The Murderbot stumbled, but before Pharezon could take advantage of the opening an almighty backhander put the Assassin-class into the ground, interred in a perfectly Pharezon-sized crater.

As Spoit attempted to extricate himself from the debris the Murderbot raised an elephantine leg, preparing to bring down a killing blow.

"Wait."

Murderbot stopped. He lowered the foot, gently, and turned to look at the speaker.

Unit Theanon- the Rogue Mech's mirror. A fellow Guardian-class, just as massive and bulky and physically powerful.

They walked towards each other, into the open clearing of the plaza.

Murderbot's eye pulsed red, the cause of the misleadingly playful nickname of "Winky". Smoke and flame constantly spiralled out of his shoulder-top exhaust ports. His massive frame quivered with barely-contained power. Theanon, too, smoked and sputtered and wobbled... but because he was severely damaged. Lopsided plates betrayed the flickers of sparking components within.

"YOU WOULD FACE ME, GUARDIAN? WITH MY RECORD IN SINGLE COMBAT?"

"No," said Unit Theanon. "My purpose is to serve as a distraction while the entirety of the Cultist Armada bombards you."

"WH-"

The sky rained fire. A deluge, a constant curtain of plasma and ordnance, an endless rumbling thunderstorm of explosions and flashes and great searing bursts, all centred on the Rogue Mech.

From on high, precariously stood atop his isolated but safe vantage point, a well-hidden figure observed proceedings.

"Well done," Wiet congratulated himself, but it was ostensibly for the benefit of the other Cultists behind his communicator. "Fantastically co-ordinated."

"I'm inclined to agree," said a voice right behind him.

"You... you metal jackass! Why? Why do that? Why do any of this? All the information was there! It was available! What's wrong with you?"

The radio signal began to crackle and warp. The listener, had they been inclined to believe such fanciful things, might have thought they heard a sigh. An exhausted, despondent sigh.

"MURDERBOT... IS... not... liter-"

Night 5 casualties

Winky, the the Rogue Mech, knows exactly how INANTP felt
    Wiet, the Spy Cultist, wasn't stealthy enough
    Nirya, a Telepath, mind blown
    corvidae, a Telekinetic, erased by transmutational forces
    That Dave Fella, a Soldier, one man, one vote, one death

Departing Arcadia in Victory

Spoit, Pharezon, and The Anonymous - the Paleon Team, eliminated the Renegade and the Rogue Mech

Revealed

Dunadan019 - Kwychen

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    tastypastrytastypastry Can somebody please remove these cutleries from my knees?Registered User regular
    erm, sorry Dave!!!

• Options
    OoooOoOoooooo
    MURDERBOT COULD HAVE HANDELD THAT...

BETTER.

oooooOoooOooO

• Options
    tee hee.

• Options
  • Options
    I...lived?

• Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    That was some top-notch narration right there, ed.

citizenkaneapplause.gif

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    corvidaecorvidae Registered User regular
    oooOOOOOOOooooOOOOOOoooo

i have regained my psychic touch.

OOOOOoooooOOOOOOOOOOOooooo

• Options
    I have played this game terribly. Really glad I didn't give Wiet any important info.

• Options
    Oh God, all those argumentsabout Wiet not being mafia! I forgot about that!

• Options
    Village: This is very important.

If you have a healing or defensive ability you should target me for tonight and most likely the rest of the game.

Why? well because if I die then the Cultist Armada can summon the Primaphorior which would be very bad.

• Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    oooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooo

Good job guys. Paleon 4 life 8-)

And man, mfw Duna is Quicken. Did not expect that.

oooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooo

The Anonymous on
  • Options
    That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    Thanks guys!

PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    The veteran was being hunted by the paleons. They are now gone. Please get in touch with me, it is important.

• Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    i have no idea what's going on.

• Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    this is going to be that game where i lose without dying or knowing anything. this is why i never play mains.

• Options
    also,

I killed romanqwerty and shabooty.

• Options
    also,

I killed romanqwerty and shabooty.

Congratulations.

• Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    Lucedes wrote: »
    i have no idea what's going on.

Quicken has returned. And a bunch of other stuff .

• Options
    AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    Hmm, looks like Winky wasn't mafia, but wasn't village either! I'll count that as a victory for me =p. My vote tonight will...Lucedes Not much to look into as far as vote record, but here it is anyways!

Day 1- Wiet wagon after initially voting for Munkus and a couple others. Wash.

Day 2
    The Ender early in the wagon just echoing the previous sentiments.
    Day 3 Langly quick throw away vote off the main wagons.
    Day 4 jdarksun Total throw away vote. Also includes excuse for inactivity/expectation of death. Note this was their first post after the Langly vote and the only post for that day.
    Day 5 (no link cuz dead Phypor) Starts the wagon on That Dave Fella Provides flimsy support for the vote, and provides a "but don't look at me, lol" disclaimer statement.

Well, Lucedes, I am looking at you. What say you? Will we get more than just a vote post today?

• Options
    Today Langly needs to die.

why?

similar to the Paleon Team, Langly is a member of the Strike Force who needs to kill me in order to win. He gave me a very nice story about how he only had to hit me and then see me die but I know that's not how it works.

and as I said before, if I die mafia summons the Primaphorior and thats the opposite of what you want.

• Options
    RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    Did you turn into a serial killer when the Renegade died? I thought that was fishy.

• Options
    I am not a serial killer.

Black is the color of outsiders which is my subfaction.