As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Game of Assholes, Season 2! The night is dark and full of spoilers

• Options
    OdinOdin Registered User regular
    I'm sorry but you're all wrong

the best character is Dolorous Edd

• Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    The best character...

Is...

Howland Reed.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »
    Pharezon wrote: »
    DWD spoiler
    Is it bad that I actually feel sorry for that arsehole Theon? Cos, flaying is some nasty shit.

It is never bad to feel sorry for the best character in the entire series. Never.

It is bad, however, to have the worst opinions imaginable.

I'm sure you can tell us how that feels.

jkZziGc.png
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Actually it goes like this
    Hodor
    Hodor!
    Hodor?
    Hodor...
    HODOR

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    Doran Martell

l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    Brienne.

Oh wait, were we supposed to be joking?

• Options
    JustTeeJustTee Registered User regular
    Reading through book 2, and I'm really surprised at how much stuff they managed to change without me even realizing/noticing.

But I'm starting to think it's going to catch up with them...too many balls in the air.

Diagnosed with AML on 6/1/12. Read about it: www.effleukemia.com
  • Options
    HyperBalladHyperBallad A ball of vivid colour and barely contained emotions Sydney. Lost in time and space.Registered User regular
    OPfey.jpg

Steam: poetic_gecko.
    2DS/3DS Friend code 0361-7385-2366
    Twitter: @PoeticGecko
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Margaery Tyrell. She made out with a hot dog.

• Options
    theSquidtheSquid Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular

W- what?

• Options
    PaPaPaPa Registered User regular
    I was sad that they cut the moment with the peach, particularly as leaving it out precludes having the bit with Stannis talking about it later. That bit adds a lot to Stannis' character.

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Wow they cut that? Mega bummer.

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    I don't remember any peaches. I'm going to have to ask all if you to prove immediately that you are sentient beings and not merely, as I have long suspected, fictional characters in a story being fed directly to my brain by a cabal of Free Masons.

Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    LegbaLegba He did. Registered User regular
  • Options
    JustTeeJustTee Registered User regular
    PaPa wrote: »
    I was sad that they cut the moment with the peach, particularly as leaving it out precludes having the bit with Stannis talking about it later. That bit adds a lot to Stannis' character.

There's just hundreds of these moments that they're cutting out, that I'm not really sure they're saving much by not including them. But, I have faith. As much as they changed things around in season 1 - the bottom line was that everyone's story got told, we got epic moments, and they just in general did a great job.

Re-reading book 2, you realize, it really is just an enormous amount of politicking, and not actually a whole lot of shit *happens*. So I think we're still in good shape.

Diagnosed with AML on 6/1/12. Read about it: www.effleukemia.com
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    theSquid wrote: »

W- what?

It's from Mean Girls, man. As is the image above.

• Options
    UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    Davos (about Melisandre): "She doesn't even go to this school!"

l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    nerds

• Options
    Keith wrote: »
    nerds

Whatever, I'm getting cheese fries.

l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• Options
    "Brienne of Tarth is a dyke"

• Options
    IvarIvar Oslo, NorwayRegistered User regular
    So what's this peach thing? I don't remember a peach being mentioned

• Options
    SkulloSkullo Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Petyr Baelish knows everybody's business, he knows everything about everyone.
    That's why his 'stache is so big. It's full of secrets.

Skullo on
  • Options
    One time he cut my fingers off at the knuckle... it was awesome

l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• Options
    PsychoLarry1PsychoLarry1 Registered User regular
    Ivar wrote: »
    “Renly offered me a peach. At our parley. Mocked me, defied me, threatened me, and offered me a peach. I thought he was drawing a blade and went for mine own. Was that his purpose, to make me show fear? Or was it one of his pointless jests? When he spoke of how sweet the peach was, did his words have some hidden meaning?” The king gave a shake of his head, like a dog shaking a rabbit to snap its neck. “Only Renly could vex me so with a piece of fruit. He brought his doom on himself with his treason, but I did love him, Davos. I know that now. I swear, I will go to my grave thinking of my brother’s peach.”

• Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    “Renly offered me a peach. At our parley. Mocked me, defied me, threatened me, and offered me a peach. I thought he was drawing a blade and went for mine own. Was that his purpose, to make me show fear? Or was it one of his pointless jests? When he spoke of how sweet the peach was, did his words have some hidden meaning?” The king gave a shake of his head, like a dog shaking a rabbit to snap its neck. “Only Renly could vex me so with a piece of fruit. He brought his doom on himself with his treason, but I did love him, Davos. I know that now. I swear, I will go to my grave thinking of my brother’s peach.”

Hahaha oh man I forgot that completely

• Options
    that peach scene sounds like something that would be in Shakespeare

and Stannis seems like the kind of dude who wouldn't understand the subtext in Shakespeare

l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    Well maybe now he's gonna be all like

"he called me a ham"

sig.gif
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Someone explain to me the subtext of the peach.

• Options
    LegbaLegba He did. Registered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »
    Someone explain to me the subtext of the peach.
    Legba wrote: »

• Options
    i just meant if the reader actually witnessed a scene of Renly talking about a peach with hidden meaning instead of Stannis's re-telling of what happened

l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    I'm *pretty sure* we get to see the peach scene first hand and Stannis talking to Davos about it is well after it actually happens. Maybe in a differant book even?

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • Options
    quantumcat42quantumcat42 Registered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »
    I'm *pretty sure* we get to see the peach scene first hand and Stannis talking to Davos about it is well after it actually happens. Maybe in a differant book even?
    Yeah, we get the scene in Cat's POV.

• Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    Loras Tyrell is too gay to function.

PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    IvarIvar Oslo, NorwayRegistered User regular

Oh yeah, now I remember. So now he will instead go to his grave thinking of his brother's ham.

• Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular

Oh yeah, now I remember. So now he will instead go to his grave thinking of his brother's ham.

Won't everyone? :winky:

• Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    I just got hbo go, will the episode be up at 9? Or does it go live on there later?

PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    it should be up right after, or at least sometime tonight

• Options
    Cornell002Cornell002 Registered User regular
    One hour of wishing I could bang Marg the entire time

• Options
    SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    Loras Tyrell is too gay to function.

Yeeeeesssss

And it begins on HBOGo almost immediately. I think when I used it last season it was up a few minutes after it started on television.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    I love seeing Tonks as Osha.