As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Sean Bean was impaled in the making of this [CHAT]

• Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Paf, I'm in the UK. Boo. Booooooo.

On the other hand my new housemate made a roast dinner that was very nice, but now I'm all at a loss of what to do.

Well, I need to unpack, but I don't want to do that. So I'm faffing.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Disco TerrierDisco Terrier Jowls aquiver. Registered User regular
    Anna Anthropy is starting to bother me. Now she's pissed because GlaDOS calling you fat is sexist!

yGxvf.png
  • BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »

On the other hand my new housemate made a roast dinner that was very nice, but now I'm all at a loss of what to do.

Hello! Welcome back!

By the by, we're doing boardgames in Birmingham on the 19th May if you're free. We have a not-great spare bed you can use as well.

• InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Anna Anthropy is starting to bother me. Now she's pissed because GlaDOS calling you fat is sexist!

GlaDOS isn't supposed to be a nice or good person/A.I. Construct

• Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular

who

• poshnialloposhniallo Registered User regular

Is French Lady coming too?

I figure I could take a bear.

who

Creator of Lesbian Spider-Queens of Mars.

yGxvf.png
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular

So no more Parisian adventures from you for a while? Boo

• electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    Urgh. This stupid Chapter is supposed to be done, but because Word ate all my introductions it is not and someone has to receive it at the end of the next sun-period.

This isn't a problem but it's a god damn pain rewriting it.

• Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    poshniallo wrote: »

Is French Lady coming too?
    In October. It's kind of a long time after finally managing to be in the same place for over a year, but we did the same thing before that for three years or so.
    BobCesca wrote: »

Hello! Welcome back!

By the by, we're doing boardgames in Birmingham on the 19th May if you're free. We have a not-great spare bed you can use as well.
    Oh that could be fun. I'll need to have a see though (my weekends in May are filling up with mundane stuff quite rapidly)

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Oh hai guyz it is I $1000 graphics card!

,4-M-335830-3.jpg

• SparvySparvy Registered User regular
    A $1000 graphics card with only one tiny fan?

Sparvy wrote: »

Those are massive Heatsinks

• Form of Monkey!Form of Monkey! Registered User regular

who

I had to google this person. Evidently Anna Anthropy was born a man and is now a woman, and that transformation has informed their every convoluted, highly argumentative opinion about video games and gender roles! Fun!

There's a problem there, though, because being either gender at various points in your life doesn't actually make you an authority on either! Oops!

,4-M-335830-3.jpg

Urgh why bother. 12 months and it'll be worth $200 tops.

Watched 13 assassins last night. It was decently entertaining but I am shocked at how well it was reviewed. Like a 95% on Rotten Tomatoes. It was good but I don't think it was THAT good. It was a rather straight forward samurai action flick for the most part.

• SparvySparvy Registered User regular

Not really, it clearly only takes up 2 slots.

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    japan wrote: »
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    Elendil wrote: »
    are there no checkpoints at all in hitman 2

jesus

what are these checkpoints you speak of

is that some decadent western thing that the game's polish or hungarian or whatever developers haven't heard of

Danish, I think. Which is definitely Western but also questionably Nordic.

Denmark - the redheaded stepchild of Scandinavia.

• nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular

That's what she said

• Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    My GTX570 has bigger heatsinks than that.

who

I had to google this person. Evidently Anna Anthropy was born a man and is now a woman, and that transformation has informed their every convoluted, highly argumentative opinion about video games and gender roles! Fun!

There's a problem there, though, because being either gender at various points in your life doesn't actually make you an authority on either! Oops!

Neither does being one gender your whole life. Any single individual attempting to speak as an authority for an entire gender is doomed to failure.

,4-M-335830-3.jpg

Urgh why bother. 12 months and it'll be worth $200 tops.

Why? Because Nvidia cant keep the $500 GTX 680 in stock so they thought HEY let's stick 2 680's on one card and charge appropriately for it.

• BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular

That's what she said

oh hai, sexynexy.

• descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Unless the video card is embedded within a glacier, I am unimpressed with its heat dispersing potential.

Fucking Fantastic!

tumblr_m38erzeAmv1qegob8o1_r8_500.gif

desc wrote: »
    Unless the video card is embedded within a glacier, I am unimpressed with its heat dispersing potential.

There's a video of AMD experimenting with some professional modders and how fast they could overclock the new AMD chips with unlimited cooling options. I think they maxed out with helium cooling and 8+GHz stable.

Inquisitor wrote: »

who

Neither does being one gender your whole life. Any single individual attempting to speak as an authority for an entire gender is doomed to failure.

Pretty much! Each of us can only speak through the narrow prism of what we ourselves experience and perceive.

As the self-appointed representative of all talking monkeys everywhere, I can assure you of this.

• QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Hrm. I should get a new video card soon.

who

Sometimes she makes valid points but she's mostly just hateful and she enjoys the fuck out of radfem conversation tactics.

She also thinks Tim Schafer making a game through kickstarter is bad because he's an old white man and old white men shouldn't make games because the voice of 14 year old girls with klik n' play matters more or something.

yGxvf.png
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    japan wrote: »
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    Elendil wrote: »
    are there no checkpoints at all in hitman 2

jesus

what are these checkpoints you speak of

is that some decadent western thing that the game's polish or hungarian or whatever developers haven't heard of

Danish, I think. Which is definitely Western but also questionably Nordic.

Denmark - the redheaded stepchild of Scandinavia.

Did you start reading the chat at page one, or do you just ego-search for references to Scandinavia?

I dunno, ELM.

I just thought it was cool.
    c whut I did thar

The toaster. The greatest invention since the sliced bread you put in it.

Nova_C wrote: »
    desc wrote: »

There's a video of AMD experimenting with some professional modders and how fast they could overclock the new AMD chips with unlimited cooling options. I think they maxed out with helium cooling and 8+GHz stable.

But did they use Helium-3? It's not far enough if they didn't use a dilution refrigerator.

edited April 2012
    Inquisitor wrote: »

who

Yeah this too.

I still have a problem with her trying to speak for all kinksters, feminists, trans women and rape victims though.

Disco Terrier on
    yGxvf.png
    She also thinks Tim Schafer making a game through kickstarter is bad because he's an old white man and old white men shouldn't make games because the voice of 14 year old girls with klik n' play matters more or something.

I hate when people say things like this. It's not like there is a hard limit on the number of games that can be produced a year. It's not like Tim Schafer is taking up some precious few numbers of game slots. Nothing about him making a game keeps someone else from making a game.

So, finished the part of the human story that's in the GW2 beta.

Methinks I like this game.

The transparent toaster. The greatest invention since the toaster.

TIME TRAVELLING POSTS.

The world ends here people.

who

Sometimes she makes valid points but she's mostly just hateful and she enjoys the fuck out of radfem conversation tactics.

This person sounds insufferable, regardless of their transgender struggles. What makes it worse is that I get the feeling that they are deliberately abusing the newfound agency and immunity from criticism that can come from being a woman attacking leaders of a male-dominated field. Just milking this thing for all its worth.

Basically it's a way, way less funny and tongue-in-cheek version of Bryan Cranston playing Jerry Seinfeld's dentist, and converting to Judaism for the Jew jokes.

• japanjapan Registered User regular

The transparent toaster. The greatest invention since the toaster.

Greatest invention since Plato invented the plate.

This discussion has been closed.