As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[MLB] Just give the World Series to the Spurs as well

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Lucas Duda getting it done for me tonight.

• simosimo Registered User regular
    hey the red sox are playing sort of alright again

thanks, al central!

bugss2.jpg
  • MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Yadier Molina goes 4/4, rest of my team 3/28

At least Jasc's day sucks just as bad as mine.

• JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    I have three Rays left handed sluggers.

Figuring out which one will hit the home run that night is impossible.

I always bench the one who does, and start the other two

• Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    My team went 8 for 32, with 6 runs, an RBI, and a stolen base

Still losing 5 to 7

Sweeney Tom on
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    My team also went 8/32 with 4 runs, 9 RBI, and a stolen base.

My night is over yet though. I've got Chase Headley and Jayson Werth still playing.

If Strasburg gets the win tonight I'm going to have to start Grienke because I'll be tied in the wins category. If he doesn't I can pull him because I have enough of a lead in the other pitching stats that I don't need him.

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I started a new franchise with the latest OSFM roster and took the Oakland A's to the playoffs and all I did was sign a reliever at the start of the year and trade Brandon McCarthy to Atlanta for Freddie Freeman, Brandon Beachy, and some young 3B prospect before the deadline. Even got by the Yankees in the first round in 4 games (who went 122-40 after acquiring Roy Halladay for Pineda and someone else). Then got swept by the eventual champion Texas Rangers.

Goose! on
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Also, Matt Garza allowed a leadoff hit to Jimmy Rollins in the bottom of the 1st and has since retired 18 in a row with 9 strikeouts, totally killing my K lead over Nirya and generally making the Phillies look silly.

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited April 2012
    the cubs also got their first homer from an outfielder this season

DJ Eebs on
    At this point a Cubs series win seems as rare as a perfect game, so I'll take what I can get. And with that he walks his first batter.

I'm just bummed that he allowed that first hit. Another perfect game woulda been cool.

• NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    My hitting was absolutely awful this week. Thank god my pitching turned it around.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
    fuck you carlos marmol

Andruw Jones helps me out with a HR to knock the save situation off and instead of Mo coming in for the 9th its Dave Robertson.

• SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    Greinke and the Cardinals offense, just completely screwing me over in multiple ways.

Yes. Joey Votto. Doing Joey Votto things. For the first time this year. Right when I needed it the most.

Yeah, Greinke is dealing but I still made the better decision to sit him since I was only up by 3 TB.

I hate the TB stat because it goes against everything I'm used to in fantasy baseball which is work in as many starts as I can.

Mike..err..Giancarlo Stanton just woke the fuck up. Thank you for that.

Yeah, TB is pretty dumb and should be replaced.

I'm up 10-2 right now but my lead in some of these stats is razor thin. I'm going to win but it could easily end up more like 7-4 if I'm unlucky.

Maybe next year we can do Holds instead of TB. It would make relievers worth picking.

Goose! wrote: »
    Maybe next year we can do Holds instead of TB. It would make relievers worth picking.

Nononononononononononononono

Please for the love of god no.

Hold might work. TB just sucks because it punishes you for having more pitchers.

By the way...this week my pitchers have an ERA of 1.70.

All of them aces.

Whatever replaces it needs to be a percentage based stat.

And I nominate raising innngs pitched by another 10 to help offset the shittyness of TB.

We don't need holds, we don't even own the closers as it is, why would we want even more relievers? We can only have 3 going at any one time anyway.

If you want something that makes relievers a bit more valuable then you'd want something like K/9, or some other ratio stat.

edited April 2012
    I think the purpose of TB was to have another counting stat so you couldn't replace it with a ratio stat.

Maybe just BB?

Goose! on
    edited April 2012
    That would work, but then I'd suggest replacing WHIP with H/9 so that walks aren't measured in two categories. It's not essential though.

EDIT: Or replace TB with home runs since they are an essential part of FIP and DIPS and whatnot.

Schide on
    Yeah, HR allowed would be alright with me.

As for measuring twice, we measure HRs and SLG so why not BB and WHIP?

edited April 2012
    I've always played with 10 total.

Raijin Quickfoot on
    Don't ask me. I was never sure why we needed six categories in the first place.

edited April 2012
    The point is moot.

I can't change it until next year.

Next year we will change it.

I will likely raise the IP barrier to 25 or 30 very soon.

Jasconius on
  • FortyTwoFortyTwo strongest man in the world The Land of Pleasant Living Registered User regular
  • FortyTwoFortyTwo strongest man in the world The Land of Pleasant Living Registered User regular
    I'm up 10-2 right now but my lead in some of these stats is razor thin. I'm going to win but it could easily end up more like 7-4 if I'm unlucky.

Yeah this was a bad week for me.

Fucking Bud Norris killed me.

FortyTwo wrote: »

You're slugging has been outrageous all week though.

Almost forgot to bench Fernando Rodney. I'm winning every pitching stat so there is no need. If he has a rough outing and gives up 5 TB I could lose a point.

Unless Evan Longoria has an absolute monstrous night I'll win 10-2 keeping first place and actually gaining some insurance games.

• Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    I tied with The Borys, 6-6

Normally I'd be upset, but I still have a winning record, so I'll take it

Jasconius wrote: »
    The point is moot.

I can't change it until next year.

Next year we will change it.

I will likely raise the IP barrier to 25 or 30 very soon.

You should raise it right now so you void all your pitching points :-)

You're slugging has been outrageous all week though.

Yeah, I have a nice power team, good OBP as well. My pitching has been really good too, except for Bud Norris even though he did do his job and give me some Ks. You HOWEVER and your pitching, damn you.

My guys were on point this week. It's a good staff. I think I can ride it to the championship.

This discussion has been closed.