As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Legend of Korra: PANIC!!!! Episode 4 Is Uploaded!!!!

• -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Goatmon wrote: »
    Narbus wrote: »
    Shorty wrote: »
    Antimatter wrote: »
    Shorty wrote: »
    This episode was so good, you guys.

The show is just so consistently awesome that It keeps feeling too short. It just speeds by in what feels like a few minutes. The pacing is flawless.

So
    Was anyone else assuming Korra was having another nightmare at the end?

When he turns his hand to touch her face instead of grab at it, I was dee coloning so hard.
    yeah I figured she fell asleep while waiting for him to show up
    same

that was fucked
    yeah

korra was DUMB in this episode

lady's gotta learn right quick that Amon's not gonna play by her arbitrary rules
    Yeah she was making some bad judgement calls here. Can't blame her, though. She's scared shitless and doesn't know how to handle it.

And after that last confrontation, I don't think anyone can really say she's got it easier than Aang does.

I am impressed with the direction they've gone with this.

Ok so why...
    did the Avatar State not kick in there? I get that she is not a very spiritual avatar thus far, but man. Aang wasn't always terribly spiritual-minded when it kicked it, mostly he was "oh god oh god oh god this is bad." And Roku said that the Avatar State was a defensive tool used to keep the Avatar alive until they had mastered the four elements and could take care of themself, not some aspect of the spiritual nature of the Avatar.

I hope there's a reason other than "well it'd solve a few too many problems right now."
    It only seems to kick in during life or death moments, for the most part.

She was captured, and she was scared to death, but she wasn't being harmed.

Same reason it didn't kick in when Aang was chained up by Zhao.

I imagine that it would trigger if he seriously tried to to de-bend her.

Keep in mind
    she just took a heavy dose of chi-blocking, which may have prevented the avatar state

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Dongs GaloreDongs Galore Registered User regular
    So I heard there was some kind of turtle-lion in the previous series

that sounds dumb I hope they keep abominable genetic disaster turtles out of this one

except maybe to ramp steampunk motorcycles off of

• King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Nothing in Korra is steam punk.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    Also the rest of what you said is also wrong.

also why doesn't the Fire Nation just conquer all the other shitty countries with their awesome fire powers

these air guys seem like total pussies I bet they'd get steamrolled

• GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Sorce wrote: »
    Asami
    Based on the way she's acted in her first appearance, her "ulterior motive" may just that she buys whatever she wants, up to and including boyfriends. Mako is definitely working as a trophy that Asami is interested in, and therefore "polishing" to the degree he needs to be to make her happy. But hey, if the relationship fleshes out more than that, awesome.

And hey, if Bolin and Korra end up together, that'd be fine with me too. They've kind of got a Sokka/Suki thing going.
    It would be an amusing development if Mako discovers that he is her boyfriend of the month.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• The_TuninatorThe_Tuninator Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Asami
    Based on the way she's acted in her first appearance, her "ulterior motive" may just that she buys whatever she wants, up to and including boyfriends. Mako is definitely working as a trophy that Asami is interested in, and therefore "polishing" to the degree he needs to be to make her happy. But hey, if the relationship fleshes out more than that, awesome.

And hey, if Bolin and Korra end up together, that'd be fine with me too. They've kind of got a Sokka/Suki thing going.
    It would be an amusing development if Mako discovers that he is her boyfriend of the month.

That would indeed be quite entertaining.

The_Tuninator on
    Asami is just the setup for a Very Special Episode about loose women and teen promiscuity

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    TankHammer wrote: »
    Hiroshi Sato
    While further complexities to his character may end up being nearly anything I do just want to state out-loud that while Henry Ford was an innovator who brought the automobile from a rich man's toy to into the hands of the working man he was also a big fan of Adolf Hitler.

I don't think he's gonna turn out to be evil per say. I'm just preparing for a twist.

Also that is a really great observation with Mako and his scarf. If I were to guess, he probably does feel some drive to protect Korra, even if it's just as a sister rather than a romantic partner.

It is likely they'll end up together though.

It's interesting seeig how fast he goes after Ms. Sato though. She got through his defenses pretty handily even before he knew she was an heiress. It's one of he only times we get to see him when he's not trying to be a father figure.

he even got a medal for his exciting and boundary-pushing work in the field of racism

• SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Makorra
    Teasing between brothers is one thing, but I also really doubt that Mako would go after a girl that his brother is actively crushing on. He may see Korra as Bolin's (whether she is or not) so he's willing to help/protect her because she makes his brother happy.

sig.gif
    Makorra
    Teasing between brothers is one thing, but I also really doubt that Mako would go after a girl that his brother is actively crushing on. He may see Korra as Bolin's (whether she is or not) so he's willing to help/protect her because she makes his brother happy.

I could see that.

Also that Asami theory
    Mako being just the flavor of the month is such a great idea. I'd be happier with that outcome than anything else that's been proposed.

Oh wow how awesome would it be for the k-gang to slowly realize that she's actually a female version of Brock from Pokémon. Only, y'know, actually successful with her targets.

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Huh, according to the Korra site, Tenzin is 51 and Pema is 35.

• RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
  • The_TuninatorThe_Tuninator Registered User regular
    Huh, according to the Korra site, Tenzin is 51 and Pema is 35.

Yup. Go Tenzin.

• SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    what about pema

I think scoring one of the only if not the only airbender left in the world is worth like, a million points

two million

didn't you hear

nick cancelled the show (because of you)

• ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    Man this new episode STILL isn't online what the hell!

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
    we're all

really

mad

• zimfanzimfan Registered User regular
    Zay wrote: »

I thought, last week the Episode was uploaded Monday Night/Tuesday Morning. Probably your best bet.

PasscodeSig.png
    Asami

I don't know. Bolin and Korra have less a Sokka/Suki thing, and more a Xander/Buffy thing. He's obviously into her, but it seems more puppy love, and she doesn't seem to return the sentiment at all.

edited April 2012

In response to pirates leaking the episode, they've taken it off their site

So now anyone who wants to see the episode in a timely fashion will have to go to a website where someone has pirated it.

Well done, Nickelodeon.

zimfan wrote: »

I thought, last week the Episode was uploaded Monday Night/Tuesday Morning. Probably your best bet.

Uh no, last week it went up early Saturday Afternoon. Like, immediately after the broadcast.

Goatmon on

edited April 2012
    you guys are crazy

the Sato family are just nice people

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Episode 5 was leaked, right? Could people please mark any spoilers with Episode 5 (or anything leaked, really) very clearly? I think I just ruined something for myself a few pages back.

Well when you abuse a privilege then it gets taken-away. Now access to a high-quality video of the episode is being replaced by several dozen grainy handicam versions.

Well done hackers.

• DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular

So now anyone who wants to see the episode in a timely fashion will have to go to a website where someone has pirated it.

Well done, Nickelodeon.

because that is clearly what is going on here

0BnD8l3.gif
    Well when you abuse a privilege then it gets taken-away. Now access to a high-quality video of the episode is being replaced by several dozen grainy handicam versions.

Well done hackers.

that

that's not how piracy works

PNk1Ml4.png

Well done, Nickelodeon.

really?

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    I don't think any of us can say for certain why the episode isn't up yet

but I think it's clear that the appropriate course of action is to send Bryan Konietzko abusive emails

• ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    Episode 5 was leaked, right? Could people please mark any spoilers with Episode 5 (or anything leaked, really) very clearly? I think I just ruined something for myself a few pages back.

I don't think 5 was linked.

I mean, I'm pretty sure?

the solution to this problem seems very simple, just upload the episode right after it airs instead of three days earlier

somebody tell me if I'm being dumb with that idea

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    And Amazon, who took till Tuesday last week to get episode 3 up, had episode 4 up today.

Episode 4 thoughts
    Hahaha new canon sinking all the ships
    Have I ever mentioned how great Korra as a character has been so far?
    Goddamn Equalists are way more terrifying than the entire Fire Nation Army.
    Anon is goddamn creepy and the scene with him and Korra is way more menacing than I ever expected in a kids show.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
    I think we're panicking again

EVERYBODY CALM DOWN

JUST CALM DOWN

edited April 2012

Well done, Nickelodeon.

really?

As far as I can tell, yes.

Well done hackers.

Oh I don't blame Nickelodeon whatsoever for wanting to stop their show from getting leaked.

I just wish they'd put the episode back on the fucking website already.

Goatmon on

-Tal wrote: »

Well done hackers.

that

They were taking the episodes off of Nickelodeon's servers instead of watching them through proper, revenue-generating channels and passing them around before the intended air date.

Now Nick has stopped uploading the episodes so the easy route for pirates has been removed and so most of the pirated videos are going to be poor quality.

This has been my experience.

this conversation is going to burn someone

Seriously wrote: »
    I think we're panicking again

EVERYBODY CALM DOWN

JUST CALM DOWN

bro

BRO

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
    the solution to this problem seems very simple, just upload the episode right after it airs instead of three days earlier

somebody tell me if I'm being dumb with that idea

I have to assume there is some technical/legal crap that makes it difficult for them to do just that.

Because otherwise there is no good reason not to do that.

Well done hackers.

that

They were taking the episodes off of Nickelodeon's servers instead of watching them through proper, revenue-generating channels and passing them around before the intended air date.

Now Nick has stopped uploading the episodes so the easy route for pirates has been removed and so most of the pirated videos are going to be poor quality.

This has been my experience.

there are no "grainy handicam" versions

nobody is filming their TV

the episodes were ripped directly from Nick's servers, it's the same quality you'd get if you watch it on their site

PNk1Ml4.png
    It's easier to upload it early and then have an automated time to unlock it instead of having to have someone start the upload so it completes at the right time.

edited April 2012
    there has been no indication that such a thing will happen

and even if it did, the aired version can be recorded directly, as well as iTunes/Amazon/whatever versions being passed around

Nick has no reason to inconvenience legitimate viewers

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
This discussion has been closed.