As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Sean Bean was impaled in the making of this [CHAT]

• matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Grok sounds like a cave man name.

nibXTE7.png
  • TaminTamin Registered User regular
    japan wrote: »
    I tend to assume everyone is using the collapsing quotes thing now.

Hmm... I turned that off, because the default level was too low. Maybe I'll play with the settings and find a comfortable medium.

It just surprised me that the *snip* thing wasn't being used.

• electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    Every now and again I have moments when I realize I haven't actually done any science work for like, 4 months and think "what is the point of this".

Of course it's not like science worked, so, I guess something?

But also no one is giving me money anymore, but I still want things.

• BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    MyDcmbr wrote: »
    WHAT IS THE POINT THOUGH!

Think of all that wasted electricity.
    I'll take two more non-renewable Terry Pratchett novels over renewable electricity any day.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    so i remember last time i asked this the answer was basically 'stuff lasts longer than people think'

but what is the consensus on how long (cooked) meat stays good at room temperature

• HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    My CPU temp maxed out around 70 C which is okay, while playing gaems.

Now it's idling at 27 C.

So car mechanic grade copper paste is a workable thermal solution. I gambled for science and I won.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    The biggest reason grok sounds like a nerd word to me is it sounds similar to shit like frack or whatever shitty fake curses they put into sci-fi shows

People who use that kind of language as a replacement for good, honest curses need to be executed

But grok isn't a curse word so your comparison is flimsy

It doesn't have to be a curse word, and even then I'm not saying people who use grok should be executed, just people who use those dumb curses

But it does have a kind of similar sound and connotation to me, thus it is awful

• japanjapan Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    so i remember last time i asked this the answer was basically 'stuff lasts longer than people think'

but what is the consensus on how long (cooked) meat stays good at room temperature

Depends what kind.

Something cured like ham will be alright for a while, something like cooked chicken will not last as long. I am a firm proponent of the "check if it smells OK" test.

• EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    I wouldn't eat cooked meet at room temperature after 12 hours but I prefer erring on the side of caution.

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular

safe: two hours

I'd eyeball it based on ambient temperature and moisture, though. If something (e.g., a cover) kept it moist and warm, I'd hesitate more.

aRkpc.gif
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Thanksgiving dinner basically stays out all day around my family. We're talking 10am to 11pm or later.

I have -never- gotten food poisoning or sick at thanksgiving.

So.

Plus I know guys who routinely eat pizza straight out of the box after it being left out overnight.

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    these are meatballs. i just went in the kitchen and discovered they'd sat out in their covered pot all night. hm. HMMM.

where do you stay, Ludious

aRkpc.gif
  • MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    So I am ready to murder my Nook for Android app.

I figured I would do some reading, open the app, and it tells me I have no books downloaded.

THE HELL I DON'T!

I go into File Manager and there they are, all 30+ of them in my Nook folder. But I can't log out and log in to try and reset Nook because I am at work and our WiFi is secured. :(

Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    The Southeastern United States?

• Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    You know I can't recall a time I've ever eaten meat that's been out for a while and it going badly for me

A while not being longer than a few hours anyway but still

Yeah it revolves mostly around moisture and such.

I'd be wary of meat left out in that geographic locale for twelve hours, personally

aRkpc.gif
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    these are meatballs. i just went in the kitchen and discovered they'd sat out in their covered pot all night. hm. HMMM.

Feed them to the dog.

You have weak gut flora and fauna

Room temperature pizza could very well be proof of a divine gift to humanity

Heat em back up, cut one open, and give it a sniff.

Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.

They'll be fine if you heat them up. I'd probably quite happily eat them cold, though.

People often refer to catering guidelines, but stuff sitting at room temperature is generally less of a concern than stuff sitting in a warmer at consumption temperature for prolonged periods.

• Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    I'm a nerd and I went to a nerd school and have nerd friends but I don't know if I've ever heard anyone use the word "grok" unironically.

Yeah, but cold pizza's cold pizza. It is a tradition of man to eat that the morning after.

Eddy what is that

• WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    I totally got cock-blocked by Robin the boy wonder, too. He was a cool guy, though, he did so unknowingly.

But his girl friend was a super hot Harley Quinn who is like massively intelligent, and she is like a social worker who works at a foster care facility for adolescent boys who have really extreme behavior disorders and are too disruptive to be anywhere else, and she was like using her restraining and body slam moves she uses for work on me to show me. And we had this really heated debate with Mike about the new Starfire and Catwoman. Then I found out she runs the yaoi panel and she actually had this really interesting kind of gender-theory argument for the value of it and why girls like it so much. And we talked about feminism and mental disorders and sexuality and basically just super hit it off the whole night and she got my number and asked me to add her on facebook and junk.

And then when she got really drunk she came up to me and was all like "Can I tell you something inappropriate?"

And I was like "Yes."

And she was like "I'm in a monogamous relationship with the boy I love but if I weren't, I'd be fucking you right now. Is it wrong for me to say that?" and then she explained to me why I am so cute.

But, like, her boyfriend had a black belt in some martial art and a way higher elo than me to boot so I backed off that. I was very thankful for the massive ego boost, though.

When asked if their food was not biodegradable, McDonald's spokeswoman Danya Proud said: 'This is nothing more than an outlandish claim and is completely false.'

I love the mental image of a McDonald's PR person being asked this completely out of the blue.

I'm a nerd and I went to a nerd school and have nerd friends but I don't know if I've ever heard anyone use the word "grok" unironically.

I think it has happened in this very thread

: o

• WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »

I think it has happened in this very thread

: o

I just can't grok this phenomenon.

http://www.you tube.com/watch?v=h-GZ5BCr8D8&feature=player_embedded

This was in the related videos.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTuOBXZ3upA&feature=related

emnmnme wrote: »

I think it's more the salt and the absence of water, myself

aRkpc.gif
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Feral wrote: »
    @jacobkosh

Flex Mentallo touched me in my special areas.

@Feral

I'd be interested in hearing all about it when you have time!

rRwz9.gif
  • Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    Winky wrote: »
    I totally got cock-blocked by Robin the boy wonder, too. He was a cool guy, though, he did so unknowingly.

But his girl friend was a super hot Harley Quinn who is like massively intelligent, and she is like a social worker who works at a foster care facility for adolescent boys who have really extreme behavior disorders and are too disruptive to be anywhere else, and she was like using her restraining and body slam moves she uses for work on me to show me. And we had this really heated debate with Mike about the new Starfire and Catwoman. Then I found out she runs the yaoi panel and she actually had this really interesting kind of gender-theory argument for the value of it and why girls like it so much. And we talked about feminism and mental disorders and sexuality and basically just super hit it off the whole night and she got my number and asked me to add her on facebook and junk.

And then when she got really drunk she came up to me and was all like "Can I tell you something inappropriate?"

And I was like "Yes."

And she was like "I'm in a monogamous relationship with the boy I love but if I weren't, I'd be fucking you right now. Is it wrong for me to say that?" and then she explained to me why I am so cute.

But, like, her boyfriend had a black belt in some martial art and a way higher elo than me to boot so I backed off that. I was very thankful for the massive ego boost, though.

Cool story but I still think of you as a goldfish.

ronya wrote: »

This is probably the actual answer. The bread probably dried out before any microorganism could get a foothold.

ronya wrote: »

Interesting...

I wonder what the humidity level is in her apartment. I mean, the bun should have at least developed some mold, unless they are using massive amounts of preservatives in it or something.

Either way, I don't think I want to eat McDonald's anymore.

Steam
    So Winky failed to seal the deal.

What um

is different about every day Winky again?

• Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    http://www.you tube.com/watch?v=h-GZ5BCr8D8&feature=player_embedded

This was in the related videos.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTuOBXZ3upA&feature=related

It gets really good at the 7:20 mark.

This discussion has been closed.