As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[StarCraft2] POST IN THE NEW THREAD. DIABLO KILLED THIS ONE.

• Options
    theSquidtheSquid Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I think I'm just gonna stop playing SC2 altogether for the time being. Between work, uni, and the impending shitfuck of Guild Wars 2 and Diablo 3 I'm just not going to have the time to support this terrible habit.

• Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Buwahaha, just had a TvP where I opened Reaper expand and he did the vT FFE. The Reaper got 12 Probe kills before his Stalker popped.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    marty_0001marty_0001 I am a file and you put documents in meRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Alright I need a volunteer or two for the

DHAL versus ZERG

SHOWWWW
    marty how to play protossMAAAATCCHH!

Despite everyone's help and advice I continue to blow at executing an FFE, generally where there's a heavy attack in the first 12-14 minutes. I can learn a build against the AI reasonably well but it's just not the same as the real thing (ie competent and unpredictable opponents).

Dhal, in his infinite generosity and wisdom, has offered to let me obs a few matches where I can watch over his shoulder and be talked through the build and play. To facilitate this we will need a zerg, even just at the gold/platinum level, to do their zergy thing and be Dhal's punching bag worthy opponent.

It will be next weekend, with some possible juggling of timezones and availability I am guessing late night PST/afternoon evening Australian time. I will confirm details closer to the date.

If you do this thing I will shower you with all the e-hugs and internet dollars I have at my disposal (trust me I have many).

marty_0001 on
  • Options
    BiosysBiosys Registered User regular
    that's morning/early afternoon for me, so i'm down for that

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Yilias wrote: »
    Buwahaha, just had a TvP where I opened Reaper expand and he did the vT FFE. The Reaper got 12 Probe kills before his Stalker popped.

yet another reason why the build sucks

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
  • Options
    something is very wrong with my latency tonight...

• Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    You have great taste in guitar music. I especially liked the Tetris remix.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    I can't play like this. This is absurd. That entire second half of that game I was playing at 400ms+

• Options
    Its making me angry enough that I nearly punched my desk when an scv moved off my carefully double stacked patch and went hunting for an ew patch

• Options
    Yilias wrote: »
    You have great taste in guitar music. I especially liked the Tetris remix.

• Options
    BiosysBiosys Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    gotta love protoss

'gonna make 20 of the tech unit i arbitrarily decided to make'

'oh you scouted, made spores and roaches'

'welp gg, zerg imba'

Biosys on
  • Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    marty_0001 wrote: »

DHAL versus ZERG

SHOWWWW

Despite everyone's help and advice I continue to blow at executing an FFE, generally where there's a heavy attack in the first 12-14 minutes. I can learn a build against the AI reasonably well but it's just not the same as the real thing (ie competent and unpredictable opponents).

Dhal, in his infinite generosity and wisdom, has offered to let me obs a few matches where I can watch over his shoulder and be talked through the build and play. To facilitate this we will need a zerg, even just at the gold/platinum level, to do their zergy thing and be Dhal's punching bag worthy opponent.

It will be next weekend, with some possible juggling of timezones and availability I am guessing late night PST/afternoon evening Australian time. I will confirm details closer to the date.

If you do this thing I will shower you with all the e-hugs and internet dollars I have at my disposal (trust me I have many).

I can help put soft warm tender pressure on a Protoss FFE.
    I can also aim for the unpredictable!

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    So, the wheel turns and people complain about protoss again.

I hope we get at least a gsl win out of it this time!

• Options
    Everything about starcraft made me so fucking angry today. Not gonna lie, a small voice said "why not just quit the game and go play singleplayer games?"

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Frozenzen wrote: »

if I had any forum currency to bet I'd place all of it on a protoss taking this GSL

edit - and one was in the finals just last season

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    theSquidtheSquid Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Variable wrote: »
    Frozenzen wrote: »

if I had any forum currency to bet I'd place all of it on a protoss taking this GSL

edit - and one was in the finals just last season

I am still firmly of the belief that despite wanting a protoss like Naniwa or Parting or Hero to win the GSL it will still end up being a Terran winning, possibly due to a TvT. Terran has so many bullshit builds to exploit.

• Options
    iowaiowa Registered User regular
    mEEksa wrote: »
    Do you guys remember in beta when SCVs had like 10 more health and you basically couldn't lose by just rushing with marines and a bunch of SCVs? Those were the days.

this was mostly due to priority targetting, though

:smug:

• Options
    if they play safe and smart they shouldn't lose to bullshit, as has pretty much always been true. 1/1/1 is very stoppable at the gsl level at this point, any manner of marine/scv cheese also seems to be fairly figured out. It isn't impossible that a toss will get cheesed out but if a toss is beat it's more likely to be by not being properly prepared for standard stim timings (this is highly unlikely), not properly defending a huge midgame drop, or something like a 2 base 1/1/1-style all in that the toss doesn't scout. odds of losing a bo5 to marine/scv rushes and 1/1/1s is pretty low considering the skill level of these protoss.

toss also has a number of effective "bullshit builds" (which I assume means all in).

• Options
    SceptreSceptre Registered User regular
    I remember I started to lurk in the thread at the beginning of beta, but I was really lucky and got a key early on. At the time, I was really into HDstarcraft's casts, players like TLO and Nony seemed like Gods.

• Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular

DHAL versus ZERG

SHOWWWW

I guess I could do this if it's at a time I'm around.

We could even hook in someone like Kambing to shout 'Injects, injects!" in my ear as well.

• Options
    Joe KJoe K Registered User regular
    Anzekay wrote: »

DHAL versus ZERG

SHOWWWW

I guess I could do this if it's at a time I'm around.

We could even hook in someone like Kambing to shout 'Injects, injects!" in my ear as well.

that reminds me i may have to pull out zerg timer again...

• Options
    how do you not have that rhythm etched on your brain yet

• Options
    I stopped laddering for a year

• Options
    I meant Joe

• Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    changing my hotkeys so that my hatcheries are each on their own key and double tapping every time i want to make units has helped my injects so much even though it's totally nonsensical

• Options
    Oh.

Well my etchings are a bit faded too, anyway.

• Options
    I meant Joe

i think the rhthym is there, but there's never any harm in measuring again. what's the worst that happens? i get the groove back? I find out that i'm fine with it?

• Options
    Running into a lot of strange styles on ladder.

Interesting.

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    Joe K wrote: »
    I meant Joe

i think the rhthym is there, but there's never any harm in measuring again. what's the worst that happens? i get the groove back? I find out that i'm fine with it?

there's no harm but isn't that something you can do by watching your replays?

I'm not trying to be a dick (I sort of was with the first post), it just seems a bit elaborate of a measuring stick when you have roughly 100 replays from this season to go by already.

• Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    So a pal and I are back on the trolley after like 5 months out.

What's up with everything? Is going straight up warp-gates followed by Colossi still the basic Protoss strategy?

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    sadly..... yes

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    SceptreSceptre Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    http://www.teamliquid.net/video/streams/OneMoreGame

Huk v Idra

These games are everything I hate about PvZ. I hate how the lategame comes down entirely to the vortex.

Sceptre on
  • Options
    KambingKambing Registered User regular
    Sceptre wrote: »

Huk v Idra

These games are everything I hate about PvZ. I hate how the lategame comes down entirely to the vortex.

Six pool the last two games in a team in-house tournament. Very classy!

@TwitchTV, @Youtube: master-level zerg ladder/customs, commentary, and random miscellany.
  • Options
    jaziekjaziek Bad at everything And mad about it.Registered User regular
    now streaming

twitch.tv/Jaziek

Steam ||| SC2 - Jaziek.377 on EU & NA. ||| Twitch Stream
  • Options

Huk v Idra

Deathballcraft.

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    Kambing wrote: »

Huk v Idra

shocker. I'm glad I didn't get home in time.

• Options
    Kambing wrote: »

Huk v Idra

shocker. I'm glad I didn't get home in time.

yeh, idra is nothing but class.

• Options
    narwhalnarwhal monodon monoceros Registered User regular
    GUUUUUUUUYS!!!
    I am now one of the proofreaders/writers for GLHF magazine! :D:D:D

Narwhal#1834
  • Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    narwhal wrote: »
    GUUUUUUUUYS!!!
    I am now one of the proofreaders/writers for GLHF magazine! :D:D:D

Congrats!

You now need to put leather patches on the elbows of your tweed jacket.

This discussion has been closed.