As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[MLB] Just give the World Series to the Spurs as well

• FortyTwoFortyTwo strongest man in the world The Land of Pleasant Living Registered User regular
    FortyTwo wrote: »
    I'm up 10-2 right now but my lead in some of these stats is razor thin. I'm going to win but it could easily end up more like 7-4 if I'm unlucky.

Yeah this was a bad week for me.

Fucking Bud Norris killed me.

You're slugging has been outrageous all week though.

Yeah, I have a nice power team, good OBP as well. My pitching has been really good too, except for Bud Norris even though he did do his job and give me some Ks. You HOWEVER and your pitching, damn you.

• FortyTwoFortyTwo strongest man in the world The Land of Pleasant Living Registered User regular
    I'm up 10-2 right now but my lead in some of these stats is razor thin. I'm going to win but it could easily end up more like 7-4 if I'm unlucky.

Yeah this was a bad week for me.

Fucking Bud Norris killed me.

You're slugging has been outrageous all week though.

Yeah, I have a nice power team, good OBP as well. My pitching has been really good too, except for Bud Norris even though he did do his job and give me some Ks. You HOWEVER and your pitching, damn you.

My guys were on point this week. It's a good staff. I think I can ride it to the championship.

Yeah you can dude. Killer.

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    If Ron Washington uses Mike Adams (and not Alexi Ogando) and he gets me a scoreless inning, I will win ERA this week.

If he gets me 2 Ks I'll tie on Ks, and if he strikes out the side I win Ks.

Other than that, it should be a 7-5 week, which I'll take.

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Also, more As Franchise shenanigans, this time with injury retirements
    Kendrys Morales retired with a torn MCL after the 2013 season.

Tim Lincecum retired with a torn Rotator Cuff after the 2013 season.

• JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    hey maximum

how does defeat taste???

• MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Jasconius wrote: »
    hey maximum

how does defeat taste???

You can beat me in April all you want, still gonna be in the top six and my team is built for the long run.

You aren't going to get four homers out of Cargo and pussy out of playing any of your pitchers past Wednesday every week.

(Smack talk aside good week, I'll catch you again next time around)

• HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    Another bad loss, but some of the categories were close and the lead changed so many times during the week

The O's taking Colon's possible win away from me hurt

Gonna crush you next week Hjor.

Crush you!

over my already crushed team's body!

edited April 2012
    Maximum wrote: »
    hey maximum

how does defeat taste???

You can beat me in April all you want, still gonna be in the top six and my team is built for the long run.

You aren't going to get four homers out of Cargo and pussy out of playing any of your pitchers past Wednesday every week.

I sat two starts. Had Morrow played it would have only helped me (and probably given me WHIP), and I probably would have sat Gallardo versus the Cardinals regardless of what TB looked like, because, well, the Cardinals.

You sat more starts than I did.

Jasconius on
    I had 50 innings sitting two dudes (I cut Scherzer this morning)

You had 24 innings doing the same.

I actually thought you sat a lot more than that but now that I actually looked at your roster you're just really thin at starter

edited April 2012
    the real story here is CARGOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

also Andrus finally did something other than nothing at all

Jasconius on
    Meh. He'll be on the dl by June.

• AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    hey maximum

how does defeat taste???

here is the correct response:

at 16-20 you should already know.

• NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Hey Sweeney, before we play this week, I noticed you have no bench pitchers, while I seem to have a good supply of them. You also have a good supply of outfielders, of which I would like one. Want to work a trade out?

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    who wouldn't want an 0-5 ervin santana?

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Damn it feels good to be in first place and up by 5 games.

We need a new title

Suggestions: go

Gave up on Beckett already huh Sweeney.

It was the worst 2nd round pick possible in that it was exactly not-horrible-enough that I would have refused to enter it on the spreadsheet and asked him to try again

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I'd pick up Beckett if I had a place for him. The guy's going to have some solid starts. He just never should have been a second round pick.

Debated on shooting a trade over to someone for the last fifteen minutes but I just couldn't bring myself to hit the submit button.

I kind of need another pitcher, but Fister is looking like he will be back sooner than expected, so I'll just tough it out

The only starter I would consider dropping right now is R.A. Dickey but he is pretty damn good. Like any knuckleballer he's going to not get the movement once in a while and get shelled though.

edited April 2012
    Nice article on Garza

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20120430&content_id=30036998&vkey=news_mlb&c_id=mlb

The Cubs might end up winning on that trade. Because so far Chris Archer has been total garbage and they didn't really need Hak Ju Lee anyway. Don't think anyone knows what Guyer will be yet. He crushes in AAA but there's no room for him on the Rays right now.

Then again Garza only has one more year of arbitration, so maybe not?

Jasconius on
    edited April 2012
    Ike Davis isn't working out at all at 1B but thankfully Chase Headley is doing pretty solid at 3B so I can start Cabrera at first.

Todd Helton keeps tempting me but I know the wheels are going to fall off him sooner rather than later.

Raijin Quickfoot on
    Konerko is another one I expect to be done with the big numbers by midseason.

Old man Konerko is looking like the best 1st baseman thus far.

Konerko will be respectable as always but nowhere near the top ten by summer.

Eventually Pujols, Gonzalez, Fielder, Votto and the like are gonna start cranking them when the weather gets warmer.

Tempted to move Peavy now but I think this revival may be the real deal. #4 on the player rater and best overall pitcher to start the season. Not expecting him to keep that up he could be a solid #1 all year.

That being said if anyone wants to throw a SS/3B option at me I would look at it.

how about a nice shiny Furcal or Mark Reynolds

barely used

Furcal may need an oil change

I really don't like Furcal (nice start but I'm thinking he'll wear way way down) and how dare you even suggest Mark Reynolds.

Konerko has been a constant. His best two seasons of OPS+ were 2010 and 2011. In fact, they're two of his best seasons period.

I really don't like Furcal (nice start but I'm thinking he'll wear way way down) and how dare you even suggest Mark Reynolds.

he's got nice hair!

What about Aramis? With Trumbo gaining 3B eligibility (and actually getting playing time) I need to shed someone.

Aramis is like... he certainly plays baseball

he does appear at the plate

he's got nice hair!

What about Aramis? With Trumbo gaining 3B eligibility (and actually getting playing time) I need to shed someone.

I hated Ramirez so much I traded him to you!

…for a guy that’s played in like five games this year…

Nobody is saying Konerko will be bad. I'm just saying if I had Konerko I would be trading him now because he isn't going to keep the pace he's been on most likely.

he's got nice hair!

I hated Ramirez so much I traded him to you!

…for a guy that’s played in like five games this year…

rich_tube_sig.jpg

It'd be nice if Reyes would start producing. I keep thinking I should bench him for Cozart but something tells me he'll start hitting as soon as I pull him.

edited April 2012
    I have rode on Konerko for a season successfully before. But if the right offer is introduced, I'd move him.

Bill James is projecting 30/100 for him, and Adam Dunn is actually proving himself useful and Pierzinski has started well, so he's got good hitters around him. That helps.

Goose! on
    edited April 2012
    Maximum is already crushing me 2-0 with an amazing 0 slugging and on base

Hjorvarthr on
    edited April 2012
    I will trade either Luke Scott or Matt Joyce for almost anything else

They are basically the same player, so anyone can take their pick

Jasconius on
This discussion has been closed.