As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Chat]nequa don't live here no mo'

• MolybdenumMolybdenum Registered User regular
    Molybdenum wrote: »
    M_D was it you who said something about boys being secret undercover furnaces when introduced to sheets?

I see what you did there.

I was hoping someone would snuggle up to that

Steam: Cilantr0
    3DS: 0447-9966-6178
  • GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    So reading through that necrobumped thread informed me that Spex-X got banned?

Like, temp-ban or perma? If it's the latter, that's pretty harsh yo.

• m3nacem3nace Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Expires may 31st it says.

m3nace on
  • ChromatomicChromatomic Mr. DCRegistered User regular
    My worst hangover... was 4 glasses of wine.

Not sure why but beer or liquor doesn't give me a hangover, but certain types of wine, even without actually getting drunk, will ruin my day.

• NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    My worst hangover was one beer of Killian's Red.

had that fucker before I even finished the bottle.

Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    I usually get incredibly bad hangovers after drinking something with too much sugar in it. In recent memory there was the time I drank almost two bottles of champagne delivered in mimosas. That was a pretty brutal next day. The next time I had a hangover that bad I was drinking planters punch. I was throwing up sweet red gross for half a day after that one. Usually, I keep things fairly well under control. I like to have a couple of beers at home or a decent whiskey after dinner. If I go out with friends I try to stay away from doing shots. Those will just get you into trouble.

• Forbe!Forbe! Registered User regular
    Worst hangover I ever had was drinking Beer 30 Light. I thought I was buying grape nehi.

bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Forbe! wrote: »
    Worst hangover I ever had was drinking Beer 30 Light. I thought I was buying grape nehi.

Bleck, Forbe, that sounds and looks like a horrible mistake. I like this "Contrary to what they believe, it is a never a good time"

I think my worst hangovers have been from bad reds (wine) as well, stuff just destroys you.

Prospicience on
  • SiegfriedSiegfried Registered User regular
    Nappuccino wrote: »

...???

How is this even possible? Did you not have anything to eat all day?

I had like 3 schooners of that on Wednesday and still got a girl's number and rode my bike home.

Portfolio // Twitter // Behance // Tumblr
    Kochikens wrote:
    My fav is when I can get my kiss on with other dudes.
  • MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    My worst hangover was when I had to go to work the next morning and I was concurrently coming down with the worst case of flu I've ever had. So I'm not really sure which part was hangover and which part was disease, but I felt pretty fucking terrible and dealing with dipshit customers did nothing to improve my mood.

EDIT: Actually I lie, my worst hangover was when i was 19, after 6 generic beers and half a bottle of bourbon. I vomited up a lung and then played a round of golf the next day and it was 100F + by 11:00am. That also ranks as the most miserable day of my life.

Mustang on
  • Faded_SneakersFaded_Sneakers City of AngelsRegistered User regular
    I've never heard of so many of the mentioned drinks. Clearly I am a boozenoob.

Instagram: fadedsneakers
  • FugitiveFugitive Registered User regular
    Siegfried wrote: »

...???

How is this even possible? Did you not have anything to eat all day?

I had like 3 schooners of that on Wednesday and still got a girl's number and rode my bike home.

B-b-b-b-body chemistry

edited April 2012
    Yeah we went out last night and my buddy got drunk off of 1 shot of vodka and half a beer. And he had a full stomach, body chemistry plays a rather large part.

Prospicience on
  • MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    Worst hang-over of my life was when I went to the doctor and they did an endoscopy. I came to from the anesthesia and bought my brother pizza and my nephew some toys.

• JeckalHydeJeckalHyde Lord Awesome New ZealandRegistered User regular
    I feel like saying most of my hangovers have been pretty tame, but of late I think I had one from drinking
    a few to many rum and cokes. The worst thing alcohol does to me when Im kinda ill and drinking, it will black me out which can have bad and funny results.

• melting_dollmelting_doll Registered User regular
    Molybdenum wrote: »
    M_D was it you who said something about boys being secret undercover furnaces when introduced to sheets? I had a conversation today about sharing beds with other people and I wanted to attribute that quote, but all I could manage was "some internet person said..."

Hm, I don't think so. I remember concurring to the statement but I don't recall making it.

• KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    I read somewhere that there is a theory that women hold their bodies heat close to their core whereas men's is spread around their bodies. Oh, here, the same study is cited here: http://www.realsimple.com/health/first-aid-health-basics/12-health-mysteries-explained-10000001144108/page9.html

• farbekriegfarbekrieg Registered User regular
    Mustang wrote: »
    My worst hangover was when I had to go to work the next morning and I was concurrently coming down with the worst case of flu I've ever had. So I'm not really sure which part was hangover and which part was disease, but I felt pretty fucking terrible and dealing with dipshit customers did nothing to improve my mood.

EDIT: Actually I lie, my worst hangover was when i was 19, after 6 generic beers and half a bottle of bourbon. I vomited up a lung and then played a round of golf the next day and it was 100F + by 11:00am. That also ranks as the most miserable day of my life.

that sounds like a life worth living.

The thing is, I don't even like golf.

Mustang wrote: »
    The thing is, I don't even like golf.

Ah, but everybody likes mini-golf!

Drunk/hungover mini-golf sounds like a brilliant idea.

Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/

Haha that would be fun times. Also, Mini-golf whilst drinking.

If I'm thinking way back, my worst hangover would be in High school when we decided it would be a good idea to mix kool-aide with everclear instead of water. I was hungover for a couple days.

• NicNic Registered User regular
    Drunk being drunk is what I'm doing right now. I drink very rarely, but it was a long day at work and my co workers like to buy me drinks. also this probably took five minutes to write. Most of that time was spent proofreading and erasing racial slurs.

I don't want to say I never get drunk these days, but it's pretty god damned rare event.
    I drink a maximum of 3 and get to that point where I am enthused but anymore would tip me into morose.
    Also having a kid you really don't want to get slobbering drunk, because they're hard enough work without the fog of alcohol making parental tasks twice as hard.

Drunk/hungover mini-golf sounds like a brilliant idea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BwxSHs9elk

• brokecrackerbrokecracker Registered User regular
    beers! my wife has been on a diet beer kick and I have to say the Miller 64 is by far the best. Actually still tastes like beer.

I like plenty of fancy beers, but 9 times out of 10 you will see a High Life Light in my hands. For fancy stuff it is hard to beat a La Fin Du Monde or a Delirium Tremens, but who can afford to drink that stuff all the time.

Worst hangover? Bottle of Chivas Regal, three pitchers of beer. Ordered a fourth and yanked it out of the bartenders hands and ran without paying. Got banned from the bar and my friends found me sprawled out on my porch steps. I remember none of it, last thing I remember was drinking scotch at my apartment playing Mario Kart. At least the Mario Kart was the only driving I did that night. Woke up the next morning, puked, found my glasses in the trash can, and saw an empty pitcher from the bar on my table, i could faintly remember one of my friends screaming and laughing "We can't ever go back there, man! We can ever go back!"

• NicNic Registered User regular
    Ahh those were the days.
    tumblr_m2s8pg7xsd1rrftcdo1_500.jpg

• farbekriegfarbekrieg Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    my worst hangover was a few bottles of mezcal, a 5 gallon jug of 'purified' water (which im guessing was tap water poured into a plastic container and resealed...) it's important because there is a slight gap in my recollection of oaxaca mexico that is a few weeks long.

farbekrieg on
  • EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    Worst hangover was when my parents got me totally trashed just after my 14th birthday on wine, martinis, beer, and probably some other stuff. Their goal was to get me completely trashed so I wouldn't want to get that shitfaced every again when I "grew up."

Have to say it worked. I drink lightly because that memory was so terrible and solidified in my mind as a kid. Only came close on one or two occasions after.

Sounds like you had the kind of parents that would make you sit down and smoke a whole carton of cigarettes in one go so that you wouldn't ever want to smoke again.

• F87F87 So Say We All Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Ok, what was with the resurgence of 2006? It's been bloody six years.

I forgot how mean we all were to people like that. The maturity level in this forum has come a long way.

Grifter wrote: »
    Sounds like you had the kind of parents that would make you sit down and smoke a whole carton of cigarettes in one go so that you wouldn't ever want to smoke again.

Nah, just with alcohol. Any signs of smoking were met with immediate taking of my personal possessions and throwing them in the garbage. Which was a lot of fun, especially when I never in my life have smoked but had lost most of my books, hand helds, and other stuff tosses about five or six times for mistaken dust on my dashboard (obviously cigarette ash!).
    Grifter wrote: »
    Ok, what was with the resurgence of 2006? It's been bloody six years.

I forgot how mean we all were to people like that. The maturity level in this forum has come a long way.

I trolled here since about 2003-2004, and only started posting around 2007. But things have definitely mellowed out over time in a good way, I think the Silly Goose rule and the heavier moderation has a lot to do with it.

• amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    I dunno, I kind of liked the fact that the AC used to be a bunch of really talented and always pissed off people throwing insults because it told me that I wasn't very good at what I do and needed to get better, so I did, and came back to a bunch of really talented people throwing really helpful criticism and tips my way instead, which was even more helpful.

It was like a two stage process that took five years. : )

are YOU on the beer list?
    I miss the creative insults... but we're probably better off now.

We moderated pretty heavily back then too. We just moderated the threads and not the regular people posting in them. We were more concerned about people coming in and messing with our little corner of the internet. I'm not sure exactly why we were all so aggro all the time. I know that I was pretty bad about it a lot of the time. Back when needOptic and Special_Olympics were running the show this place was like the wild west. Don't wander into the saloon unless you can fight it out. I miss some of the aspects of those days. I think some of the characters around here attracted a lot of cool and interesting artists. It's definitely a lot quieter in here and this place doesn't require anywhere near the amount of moderation that it once did. It's a lot better now that the AC isn't at odd with all the regulars in SE++ too. Those were always interesting times. Even the mods of each sub-forum didn't seem to like each other.

GRIFTER, THAT THANG YOU JUST RECKONED DUN OFFENDED ME
    /tableflip
    IT'S A BRAWLIN YA WANT, IT'S A BRAWLIN YA'LL GET
    /flings a bottle of whiskey at Grifter, it misses and knocks out the guy playing the harpsichord in the corner of the saloon.

• MaydayMayday Cutting edge goblin tech Registered User regular
    OW! My headdddd....

• amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    I got into the AC right when the big migration of users went off to the private forum just for those comic battles after the one guy got mad that all the old archives were deleted.

So I went over there and honestly had a good time drawing comics, until like a year later when it was overrun by someones furry anime fan club and got weird...

I think Moog and Ben and a few others are still over there drawing some cool shit though.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • TamTam Registered User regular
    I came here in 2005
    I posted shitty art with a shitty attitude and got yelled at

This discussion has been closed.