As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Chaos] Chaos in the Old World - Discussion and signups - the Horned Rat

• peskypesky Registered User regular
    Game 67 is won by Magic Geek as Khorne (Dial Victory).

• Magic GeekMagic Geek Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I Won game 67 as KHORNE, with a Dial Victory

pesky wrote: »
    Board at Game End.

game67state75.png

Congratulations Magic Geek.
    :-D
    (no cheaty Bloodletters involved.)

Magic Geek on
  • TelnaiorTelnaior Registered User regular
    I'm new to the game, so may I please Sign up? I think I've got the rules at least somewhat figured out, although I haven't looked at the expansions yet so maybe a base game would be best for me. Still, I'm willing to try an expansion game as well!

• DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    Sorry about that; I thought I had fixed that but I seem to be using an old version.

The right image:
    Slaanesh.jpg

• SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    Game 62 has ended in a Khorne VP victory for Lykouragh, congrats

PSN SeGaTai
  • mi-go huntermi-go hunter Once again I'm back in the lab. Cleaning my knives, ready for stabs.Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
  • mi-go huntermi-go hunter Once again I'm back in the lab. Cleaning my knives, ready for stabs.Registered User regular
    A rules question:
    Can Nurgle's chaos card, The Final Rotting, kill a Warp-shielded Tzeentch follower?

edited April 2012
    Warp Shield - 0 - When you play this card, choose one of your figures in this region. That figure cannot be killed in battle this round.
    The Final Rotting - 2 - At the end of the battle phase, kill one enemy Cultist or Warrior in this region for each of your corruption tokens here

Warp Shield protects from Final Rotting; they use the same keyword (kill) and from the base game's perspective the entire battle phase is a battle. I could see an argument based on the expansion rules of the difference between a battle (rolling dice in a region with conflicting figures) and the battle phase, but I'd rule that in favor of the Warp Shield (cannot trumps can, and they use the same keyword).

Darian on
    That's what I thought, just looking for confirmation. Thanks Darian!

• LykouraghLykouragh Registered User regular
    The time has come for me to host a game!

Can I get promoted on the board manager?

Lykouragh wrote: »

Done.

• OverhamsterenOverhamsteren CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    Can Warp Shield protect against Dark Elf Corsairs? :D

make art until someone dies
    edited April 2012
    Can Warp Shield protect against Dark Elf Corsairs? :D
    Haha, I don't think so :D
    Corsairs remove figures, not kill them, so I don't think Warp Shield will protect me against them.

mi-go hunter on
    Heh maybe the poor acolyte would wish he wasn't immortal when they ship him to Naggaroth. :twisted:

• admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I'm sure Tzeentch will be kind enough to withdraw the protection... eventually.

Heh maybe the poor acolyte would wish he wasn't immortal when they ship him to Naggaroth. :twisted:

... Too bad I don't know what that means. -_-
    Shame!

edited April 2012
    Just wikied it up... now I understand the meaning of Overhamsteren's sadistic grin.

mi-go hunter on
  • jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    As I understand it, Naggaroth is a pretty chill place. No worries, brah.

• MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    I like the idea of Montreal being the most evil city in the world.

@MrBody -- what does Montreal have to do with CitOW?

• jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    Darian wrote: »
    @MrBody -- what does Montreal have to do with CitOW?

I guess Naggaroth's geographical similarity to Canada.

I think he skipped the part where he told us the game was happening: Game 75 is afoot.

• MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    Yeah Warhammer locations are pretty analogous to their 16th century real world counterparts (except Bretonnia/France being stuck in the middle ages).

• LykouraghLykouragh Registered User regular
    Darian wrote: »

I think he skipped the part where he told us the game was happening: Game 75 is afoot.

Whoopsi!

No worries; just wanted to put the link here for the :popcorn: crowd.

Also, if anyone else wants rights to help keep the spreadsheet up to date, PM me your email address and I'll add you to it. I haven't been staying on top of that, and it could use information about house rules (Morrslieb bloodletter, in particular) and whatever else people think we should keep track of.

• Krinn DNZKrinn DNZ Registered User regular
    I've sated my appetite: please put me on the inactive list. Thanks for running the game, @doldari. :)

As best I can tell, you never signed back up for another game. Were you wanting to work your way back up the list to play again someday, just inactive for now, the way Magic Geek is?

• doldaridoldari Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Game 69 has ended in a Tzeentch VP victory for BlackRaider, congratulation.

doldari on
    Sign me up Scottie :)

Oh right.

• RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Man it is crazy how much Vermin Outbreak puts the brakes on Khorne. I can't imagine wanting to see any of the other Expert OWC cards less. At least I didn't pick Vengeance immediately before it, this time =)

Game 74 is going to have a pretty interesting round.

• BelfastBelfast Penguins PenguinsRegistered User regular
    May I sign back up please.

aka "Mr Gold-in-Bean-Field"
  • CerberusCerberus Registered User regular
    Please can I come off the inactive list as am back from hols.

• AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    I would like to sign back up as well.

Also, I would like to amend my impressions of Nurgle's Plaguebearer Upgrade in Morrisleb in situations where Khorne is allergic to hits. Game 71 is an utter tragedy of failed mutilating :(

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    Probably time for me to sign up again too.

I was surprised you didn't take Infested Colony to guarantee the Quest trigger. Or did you not have it in hand when you chose the upgrade? Either way, the Plaguebearer upgrade can be pretty weak. I'd still take it over Cavalcade of Decay, but that's about it.

• AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    I had Quest since the beginning of the game. I was not very confident in an ability to guarantee that Estalia would ruin with Infested Colony, though I really didn't think about my upgrade in terms of "what would help Quest better", particularly if Slaanesh took part in the guaranteed "WTF? He played QUEST! DOGPILE" that happens and started stealing my cultists. As such, I took Plaguebearers to dissuade Slaanesh from doing this (ie- if he starts stealing my cultists, he opens up my Plaguebearers to hits) and this would also help me in other regions where he'd be doing the same thing if I lasted that long.

Would have worked out okay had Khorne hit more than 1 :(

Aegis on
    Characters
    Aegis wrote: »
    I had Quest since the beginning of the game. I was not very confident in an ability to guarantee that Estalia would ruin with Infested Colony, though I really didn't think about my upgrade in terms of "what would help Quest better", particularly if Slaanesh took part in the guaranteed "WTF? He played QUEST! DOGPILE" that happens and started stealing my cultists. As such, I took Plaguebearers to dissuade Slaanesh from doing this (ie- if he starts stealing my cultists, he opens up my Plaguebearers to hits) and this would also help me in other regions where he'd be doing the same thing if I lasted that long.

Would have worked out okay had Khorne hit more than 1 :(

I was planning to join in the dogpile, then there were magically 3 extra hits in the region, so I switched gears.

All of you people suck :P I was just trying to stay in contention!

Characters
  • blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    I think texasheat and jakobagger should be required to play every game together, as they've played in the only 6-round Morrslieb games we've seen thus far, and I would very much like to see more of that, plztks.

We've really had a long game in 71 haven't we? Longer than I would have thought considering the tendency for wild swings but I think the Old World Cards haven't been as singularly punishing but instead have been spreading out hurt.

Characters
This discussion has been closed.