As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Sean Bean was impaled in the making of this [CHAT]

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »
    spool32 wrote: »
    Damnit I came in here to laugh about the Airbender thread turning into rightwing vs. leftwing growling and it's anti-Texas [chat]?

Bah. Did anyone finish a gold mission besides meeeeee (and elendil and Arch and someone else) in meeeee3?

elendil and feral and quid tried to get me through a gold mission

it was my second mission to play and i was level 5!

my first was a bronze mission and we beat it!

i still have no idea what is going on most of the time!

so i just keep hitting charge and then nova and then shotgun over and over? i think that is a good strat.

Vanguard? Yep.

If you want to do a little more battlefield-aware class try Soldier. It's a good mix of killkillkill and ranged fighting, without having to get in a guy's face every 7 seconds.

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    i was working 12 hour shifts all weekend

so last night was my last chance to do a Gold mission for ME3

i not only did that

i went on my fiancee's Xbox and did a Gold mission on her account so she'd get the reward because she was having serious difficulty with it

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    HOLY FUCKING SHIT I LIVE IN A UNIVERSE WHERE THERE IS AN AVENGERS MOVIE AND IT IS (APPARENTLY) FUCKING GOOD

OH MY FUCK

• Options
    I have to assume the global N7 mission was completed? I should check the website app thing dealie.

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    like I am thinking maybe I would like to live in the upper northeast next

like maine or vermont or something

I am just worried it will be hard to find a jerb

Vermont over Maine unless you're gonna do Bangor or Augusta. Rural Maine is very rural and very clannish.

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Sorry Avengers has awoken some latent tourrettesesque beast within me.

• Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I hope that guy's daughter isn't so dumb she actually thinks a magazine is a broken iPad for the rest of her life. That would suck.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Woah rainbow hair

• Options
    edited April 2012
    Yeah my wife grew up moving around a lot because her parents raced Greyhounds and that is a thing which if you do professionally means traveling.

It sucked for her.

Ludious on
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Pony wrote: »

i not only did that

i went on my fiancee's Xbox and did a Gold mission on her account so she'd get the reward because she was having serious difficulty with it

This is both adorable and nerdy as fuck. Bravo!

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    almost lunch time.

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Skippy why are you worried about 91. Ain't you from Cali boy?

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    the northeast is p variable as far as weather goes

last year we had a solid week of 100+ temps

then we had like 5 inches of snow before halloween(which we got to throw at gooey)

• Options

i not only did that

man i gotta try to foster this in her

it was a huge thing to get my woman to try multiplayer games

she has been a singleplayer game person her whole life and has scoffed at the idea of playing multiplayer anything

the gateway drug was The Old Republic, which she bought because she loves KotOR and wanted another one of those games

but when she got that she was all "I am not playing this with other people, for me it is just a single-player game with other people running around I don't care about"

and for a while that was how she played it, she went from 1 to 50 on her first character completely solo, without having spoken to another player once the entire time

then me and my friends started playing on her server and got her to join us

now she rolls with pick up groups sometimes and we started a guild with our friends and when ME3 came out, she got XBL Gold to play with me and my buddies

so i am trying to get her to give a shit about multiplayer games

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    ME3 questions
    which top-tier charge is better? MP and SP, as I imagine there are reasons for both. I went with the biotic damage 5th tier as it seemed i was charge-nova-ing a lot more than charge-shotgun-ing

also in SP are there any quests I ahve to do in a certain timeframe? like the suicide mission in ME2?

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    Are missions like, real life time sensitive in ME3? Because that's what it sounds like? That's kinda... odd and interesting.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    I honestly think Robert Downy Jr is what is going to make The Avengers as good as it appears to be. He's a great actor.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    Woah rainbow hair

Jewel Staite with rainbow hair even

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    I honestly think Robert Downy Jr is what is going to make The Avengers as good as it appears to be. He's a great actor.

Confirmin' 'dis. It jives with Facebook comments.

RDJ is a god damn triumph of superhero casting.

Yeah, I mean it was a shock that he could play a drunken playboy.

• Options

• Options
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Are missions like, real life time sensitive in ME3? Because that's what it sounds like? That's kinda... odd and interesting.

the multiplayer ones are

they do weekend events with objectives like "Beat one million of this enemy type" that is for the entire world to contribute to, and individual objectives like "survive a game on this specific map" and shit like that

bonus XP, special upgrades, etc.

if you do the weekend events you get special rewards once a week

• Options
    Skippy is a delicate flower carved out of ice, like if Edward Scissorhands was trying impress a dame

You can't just stick him in the heat

• Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    Woah rainbow hair

I was completely in love with Catalina when I was a kid. Then they replaced her and I lost interest in the show.

• Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular

Truf, he's pretty spot on for Stark IMO, although I'm not much of a comic nerd.

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    one of the first ME3 multiplayer missions was for the entire internet to kill a total of one million Brutes in multi

as a result of that, on the next weekend they turned the spawn rate for Brutes waaaay down, they rarely spawned at all

the multiplayer dev team for ME3 is pretty rad

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    RDJ has some pretty huge power with the marvel movies as well, sounds like he gets final cut on the movies he is in

bloodyroarxx on
  • Options

i not only did that

man i gotta try to foster this in her

it was a huge thing to get my woman to try multiplayer games

she has been a singleplayer game person her whole life and has scoffed at the idea of playing multiplayer anything

the gateway drug was The Old Republic, which she bought because she loves KotOR and wanted another one of those games

but when she got that she was all "I am not playing this with other people, for me it is just a single-player game with other people running around I don't care about"

and for a while that was how she played it, she went from 1 to 50 on her first character completely solo, without having spoken to another player once the entire time

then me and my friends started playing on her server and got her to join us

now she rolls with pick up groups sometimes and we started a guild with our friends and when ME3 came out, she got XBL Gold to play with me and my buddies

so i am trying to get her to give a shit about multiplayer games

She's a lot of fun to play Multi with.

• Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    JtpUS.jpg

This is apparently from the unaired pilot. I'm kind of glad they made her look younger or my kid self might not have taken to her as well as I did.

• Options
    Thomamelas wrote: »

Yeah, I mean it was a shock that he could play a drunken playboy.

i remember when he first got cast and i was like

wait

robert downy jr playing a brilliant, talented, charming, and sarcastic rich guy with a reoccurring substance abuse problem?

i wonder what he will do

oh

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    skippy you've really only got one more relocation opportunity before it becomes drama to do it.

At least IMHO... Once the kids are in school permanence gets more important than novelty.

I'm thinking it's fine to move until at least middle school

maybe high school

• Options
    I just wish Marvel could buy back Spider-Man and the Fantastic Four.

• Options
    TehSloth wrote: »

Truf, he's pretty spot on for Stark IMO, although I'm not much of a comic nerd.

Neither am I.

But I love me some RDJ-Tony Stark.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    I fully expect The Avengers to be Iron Man 2.5 anyways.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options

Multiplayer challenges are global and realtime-sensitive.

• Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    hey gooey, check out Rite Aid:

http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/84129/000104746912004644/a2208945z10-k.htm

if you go to the balance sheet, they're already at negative equity. If you go to their notes, you find that they're carrying about ~$6 billion of off-balance sheet debt (present value) for lease obligations

tyrannus on
  • Options
    I fully expect The Avengers to be Iron Man 2.5 anyways.

Literally the only reason I'm going to see it.

• Options

the multiplayer ones are

they do weekend events with objectives like "Beat one million of this enemy type" that is for the entire world to contribute to, and individual objectives like "survive a game on this specific map" and shit like that

Ah, kinda what the latest Halo did game, I see. On the one hand, I think it's kind of neat. Gets people playing the game and all that. On the other hand, WoW has really, really turned me off to the idea of a game mandating when I 'need' to play it.

• Options
    TehSloth wrote: »
    Woah rainbow hair

Jewel Staite with rainbow hair even

Who's jewel ... (googling)

Oh. I am continually bewildered by everyone knowing every Firefly actor. At some point I will have to watch that and that Babylon 5 show to be culturally savvy.

• Options

the multiplayer ones are

Ah, kinda what the latest Halo did game, I see. On the one hand, I think it's kind of neat. Gets people playing the game and all that. On the other hand, WoW has really, really turned me off to the idea of a game mandating when I 'need' to play it.

well, the only reason to do the weekend objectives is to get free shit

they release item packs on tuesdays which are for the people who did the previous weekend's objectives

but aside from a series of unique (and of questionable usefulness) guns, all the free shit you get from doing the objectives, you could get from the normal game

so if you don't want the free shit

don't do it

i do it because there's a specific N7 gun i fucking want and it's randomized in the packs you get from the objectives so

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Hey Quizzy, if I become a Tribes VIP, does my first win of the day bonus also get doubled?

This discussion has been closed.