As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Halfway Decent Hockey Thread that is BACK, BABY

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Peen wrote: »
    You mean the Martin Brodeur who posted the 11th best GAA and the 15th best save percentage in the first round? Against an offensively decent but not spectacular Panthers team? Marty's a top five goaltender of all time (IMHO) but I'm just not that intimidated by him right now.

So you're going to compare Brodeur's first round playoff series against Bryz's regular season record against the Devils? That's not really fair, is it?

After that Pens series, I wouldn't be so confident in Bryzgalov's netminding if I were a Flyers fan... It's not like he had a spectacular first round.

I guess not, I just didn't have Brodeur's regular season record against the Flyers easily at hand. Looks like he gave up 3 goals twice, 2 goals once, and 1 once, going 1-3 overall. I still like it.

If the Devils beat the Flyers I will eat my hat. I'll livestream it.

Ain't no sure things in playoff hockey. The Caps beat the Bruins man.

The Kings beat the Canucks in five!

You might be right, but being so confident just means you'll be more shocked when you're wrong. And like I said, out of the six times they met this season, they each won 3.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    That was a great game by the Rangers. It felt like they really controlled the game for all but 10 seconds at the end of the 2nd period.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Devils strike first less than 4 minutes into game 1

• Options
    BorommakotBorommakot Registered User regular
    Ugh, the second I get home and put on the game the Flyers score in OT.

Also, what the fuck are the Flyers doing where we take them to OT?

• Options
    KlendyKlendy Goomy GoomyGoomyRegistered User regular
    Go blues?

I'm conflicted. I want the Kings to lose, but I also want them to win it all, to show that Vancouver was ousted by a quality, do-or-die team.

goomyisall400.jpg

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Borommakot wrote: »
    Ugh, the second I get home and put on the game the Flyers score in OT.

Also, what the fuck are the Flyers doing where we take them to OT?

They came out sluggish, the Devils played them really well, and Bryz had a sloppy game. It was a good afternoon of hockey.

• Options
    Vargas PrimeVargas Prime King of Nothing Just a ShowRegistered User regular
    How about those fucking Coyotes

Man

• Options
    WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    How about those fucking Coyotes

Man

as a preds fan I am pretty sad about it

but damn they are playing for real real and they earned both those wins

• Options
    What the fuck is going on in this Blues-Kings game? 5 goals for the Kings halfway through the game, since when do the Kings score?

• Options
    LTMLTM Bikes and BeardsRegistered User regular
    I think Bryzgalov broke @Peen.

Are...are you still there, dude?

• Options
    I don't even want to talk about it. Just, fuckin, man.

• Options
    StaleghotiStaleghoti Registered User regular
    This Holtby kid.... electric

tmmysta-sig.png2wT1Q.gifYAH!YAH!STEAMYoutubeMixesPSN: Clintown
    Dear satan I wish for this or maybe some of this....oh and I'm a medium or a large.
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    At this rate the Nashville/Phoenix game is going to end before the NY/Washington

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    This game is never going to end.

Whoever comes out on top of this game is going to win the series. Mark my words.

Man I hope it's the Rangers.

• Options
    What's with the Caps and taking playoff games to a billion overtimes?

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    well they don't normally go very deep in the playoffs, but you know, you want to get some time in anyways

• Options
    BlendtecBlendtec Registered User regular
    Pekka Rinne with the shutout in Nashville.

• Options
    I'm dying. This Ranger game is killing me.

I'm dead.

• Options
    I cannot believe this game is still going

• Options
    GABORIK!!!

• Options
    Boo!

• Options
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

• Options
    I wish the cameras had shown Holtby's parents as the goal went in.

• Options
    FINALLY!! RANGERS WIN!

• Options
    Raijin your avatar is me and my cousin RIGHT NOW

• Options
    BlendtecBlendtec Registered User regular

They just showed them in the post-game talking. Dad looked disappointed, mom looked relieved that she could finally go home.

• Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    That was a fantastic game.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    LTMLTM Bikes and BeardsRegistered User regular
    Blendtec wrote: »

They just showed them in the post-game talking. Dad looked disappointed, mom looked relieved that she could finally go home.

It was the exact reaction my mom always did whenever I did something wrong in a Little League game.

"Oh shoot, well, good effort."

• Options
    Hey Philly, suck it.

No cakewalk over the Devils for you.

• Options
    Borommakot wrote: »
    Hey Philly, suck it.

No cakewalk over the Devils for you.

Great game! Lots of to and fro.

Was heartbreaking to see Kovy's shot halfway through the third hit the bar. He just opened them up and had the opt half of the net wide open and botched it.

• Options
    I don't think anyone thought it would be a cakewalk exactly, just that the Flyers had a really good chance to win. All credit to the Devils, they're playing great.

Now if the real Flyers could please show up to the series I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

• Options
    WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    I don't think anyone thought it would be a cakewalk exactly, just that the Flyers had a really good chance to win. All credit to the Devils, they're playing great.

Now if the real Flyers could please show up to the series I'd appreciate it. Thanks.
    Those power plays in overtime... heartbreaking.

I hope Nashville redeems this weekend of hockey for me since I was pulling for the Blues too.

• Options
    blixaphonicsblixaphonics the french champagne Registered User regular
    i can't even believe that the flyers had two power-plays in overtime and couldn't finish the job. GOD what a frustrating game. good on the devils though, they're playing quite well. i don't even think words could express my disappointment if they actually end up BEATING philly tho. :/

• Options
    I just don't understand what's happened to the offense. I know NJ has a good defense and good goaltender but the Flyers offense up until this point has been prolific. I don't know what's going on with them.

• Options
    i can't even believe that the flyers had two power-plays in overtime and couldn't finish the job.

The Devils have the league's best Penalty Kill this season, statistically speaking

• Options
    Not to completely knock the Flyers offense(top 3 in the league and all that), but they put up great numbers against the Pens defense that everyone agrees on the fact that just didn't show up. It's not a huge surprise they're not winning games 8-5 anymore, it's just a problem now that the other side of the score column matters.

• Options
    Yeah I meant the regular season too. It's not often this year that the Flyers have had trouble scoring, usually it's the other way around.

• Options
    Somebody left the mic on...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytr9uOHMH-M

Dear satan I wish for this or maybe some of this....oh and I'm a medium or a large.
  • Options
    Damn all the teams I want to win keep losing...

If it's an LA/NY final the sound of Gary Betteman jizzing will echo around the world four times

• Options
    BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    Way to go, LA Kings!

Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
This discussion has been closed.