As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[GW2]New thread is up. Hope everyone enjoyed the April BWE! It was awesome!

1909192939496»

• unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    actually i wonder if "turns to stone" is uncleansable

• RendRend Registered User regular
    Rend wrote: »
    So what were the thief's elite skills, and what did they look like?

I was having trouble when fighting them with deciding whether or not I should counter their commit by using my own elite.

1. your next two attacks turn your foe to stone for 1s (there's a trait that makes this apply to all nearby allies, too), 45s cooldown
    2. dagger storm, you spin around chuckin big damage daggers all over, you can move while using it
    3. summon two thieves to join in

So if I see them spin-to-winning, katarina style, I can feel confident that throwing my supply crate down was, at least, an even exchange of resource?

i guess so, yeah

i was using the 45s cooldown one that gave me and allies some crazy lockdown in every single fight, and i was running those runes that give you every buff when you activate your elite skill
    it was fun

That was easily the most irritating skill to get hit with. Most thieves didn't pack it, but the ones who did were the ones that were able to kill me, for sure.

chain cc seemed really strong but I suspect that that is because people aren't used to packing a skill that breaks stun and being able to use it on reaction, the way people use Cleanse/QSS in league

Yeah, what I ended up doing was trading my rifle turret for anti-cc elixir for that reason. I didn't have any cleanse on me prior to that, and even being able to live through one thief combo was often the difference between victory and defeat, especially if it allowed me to cool my CC skills down in the process.

theres also shit like turning somebody into a bird... for 10 seconds

dat mesmer

yeah that skill sounds obscene
    i feel like mesmers must have significantly less damage than the other professions because of how crazy their utility is

and that would fit with the complaints people had about how they felt like they weren't doing any damage as a mesmer

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular

dat mesmer

obF2Wuw.png
    when the game comes out let's be mesmer buddies

• Gustavo MGustavo M Registered User regular
    am0n wrote: »
    I found it highly lacking in PvP where my heavy armor felt like paper and my sword felt like a wet noodle.

Sorry, but... you better be joking, 'cause my experience was totally the opposite.
    I even managed to hold up a thief damage, wich I suppose Is the highest one ingame atm. And dealt up with every class with no problem at all.
    You can find a brief of what I've done on pvp right here.

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    i was absolutely tearing people to shreds in pvp, and the pve damage is excellent while grinding

phantasms that are critting for 2k in pvp why not

*with dual swords

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • RendRend Registered User regular

dat mesmer

That is one of very very few skills I had a problem with.
    Jesus.

• BuddiesBuddies Registered User regular
    Gustavo M wrote: »
    am0n wrote: »
    I found it highly lacking in PvP where my heavy armor felt like paper and my sword felt like a wet noodle.

Sorry, but... you better be joking, 'cause my experience was totally the opposite.
    I even managed to hold up a thief damage, wich I suppose Is the highest one ingame atm. And dealt up with every class with no problem at all.
    You can find a brief of what I've done on pvp right here.

I had some opposite experiences too in that regard. Playing my Thief I would be auto-attacking one dude for 1200 per hit, Heart Striking him for almost 3k a hit when he was below half, and straight up murdering some people. Then I would run into certain Guardians and Necros where it felt like I didn't do any damage at all. My damage getting halved, and them having so much HP and passive healing that I just couldn't do anything. Granted they didn't do shit for damage either, but it was enough to eventually kill me where-as I couldn't do enough damage fast enough to get them down.

Played a BG last night that ended up as a 2v2. My Dual Dagger & Sword/Pistol dagger Thief and Sword/Board defensive guardian versus a Pet+life leech necro(who had 30k health) and a greatsword Guardian. It was like 3 minute long fights of noone dieing, even with some of the best burst in the game, I could not kill either of those two.

• ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    I think my most notable fight PvP wise was a 1vs1 in wuvwuv where I ran into an enemy Guardian. Or rather I desperately tried to rush to the aid of another Fort Aspenwooder but got there right as they killed them. It was a long fight, I was on my lower leveled Elementalist at the time who wielded dual daggers. For the most part it seemed that we were evenly matched in terms of protection, the daggers provide shielding via water and air attunements and of course water giving me an extra heal. However it was my not really having a utility skill yet that seemed to have them outmatch me.

Took them a long time to kill me though. On top of that I was kind of suicidal in that I'd rush headlong into the enemy zerg blowing all of my cooldowns and AoEs, which oddly enough got others to join me. I even escaped by the skin of my teeth most of the time thanks to Burning Speed and Ride the Lightning!

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
    also the biggest trollface in the world is using leap with the stealth skill in pvp

getting chased by a huge group?

fire a clone at them, switch places just as it reaches them and immediately stealth

kekekeke

obF2Wuw.png
  • CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    New thread is up, come post in there. And share plenty of screenshots, don't be shy.

488W936.png
  • REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    I learned a lot this weekend and had a ton of fun with you guys.

I also learned that I want to get more HoM points because I want to be that much more distinguished.

This discussion has been closed.