As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WH40,000] Tales of the Neckbeard and Adventures in Crazyland, 1000 FLGS stories.

• Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    Customer Service 1-800-394-4263.

Re: cover - that's one I don't like about the change in area terrain. In 4th, most area terrain such as ruins or forests blocked LOS that passed straight through it. Now, generally speaking, you can still shoot straight through it, and getting a cover save doesn't always seem like enough compensation. Getting tyranids across the board is much harder these days now that there is so much stuff that doesn't obscure LOS.

• McGibsMcGibs TorontoRegistered User regular
    The fact that a monstrous creature or walker cant crouch or weave behind something always struck me as weird, considering they made such a point about infantry 'abstract cover' in the rulebook.

website_header.jpg
  • NaxNax For Sanguinius! Registered User regular
    According to the Necron codex, MCs can go to ground... so, there is that :P
    Have fun with that one!

The following people are amazing and I love them: Wildcat, Timspork, Kias, Denada, susan, Sharp101, [GHSC]Ryctor, Matev, Matrias, ItBurns, Slapnuts, Dayspring, see317, and the unknown poster that sent me a box of Death Company! <3 If you get them as Santees you should buy them amazing things!
  • altmannaltmann Registered User regular
    ToT i finished your deathwatch duder.

Imperator of the Gigahorse Jockeys.

"Oh what a day, what a LOVELY DAY!"

signature.png
  • AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    Nax wrote: »
    Have fun with that one!

Tyrannofex going to ground, still shoots across the board...

Man I have to try this sometime.

• -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Have fun with that one!

Isn't it something specifically saying the spider can't go to ground?

I thought popular theory said that it was due to perhaps a change with 6th edition, since the rulebook still says they can't as well. Two rights don't make a wrong.

• ChrysisChrysis Registered User regular
    -Loki- wrote: »
    Have fun with that one!

Isn't it something specifically saying the spider can't go to ground?

I thought popular theory said that it was due to perhaps a change with 6th edition, since the rulebook still says they can't as well. Two rights don't make a wrong.

No, it says it can't do something if it has gone to ground. But it can't go to ground. Unless in 6th edition it can.

Tri-Optimum reminds you that there are only one-hundred-sixty-three shopping days until Christmas. Just 1 extra work cycle twice a week will give you the spending money you need to make this holiday a very special one.
  • Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    Some of the rumors I've been seeing regarding 6th are talking about a psyker phase, psychic 'lores', and random powers.

Basically Fantasy's magic phase. I don't see it happening, personally. Though I'm not sure if I'm fer it or agin' it.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • JohnnyToxxicJohnnyToxxic Registered User regular
    Some of the rumors I've been seeing regarding 6th are talking about a psyker phase, psychic 'lores', and random powers.

Basically Fantasy's magic phase. I don't see it happening, personally. Though I'm not sure if I'm fer it or agin' it.

There is sorta precedent for it. The Ork Weirdboy has a random psychic power.

Friend Safari Code: 0189-8920-9235
  • mugginnsmugginns Jawsome Fresh CoastRegistered User regular

I'm really, really, really for it. Currently just playing as a Tyranid player you have to manage all sorts of psychic powers that have to go off at certain specific times. Then you have to manage going through your opponents powers ... GK have something like a 1.5 billion psychic powers per phase if my math is correct. Separate the psychic shooting attacks totally from shooting rules and the shooting phase.

Just make it all in one phase. Random powers would make people rage out pretty hardcore, lol.

E26cO.jpg
  • Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    I'd have no problems with a psychic phase, having them spread all over the place as is is a little messy.

If they really want to bring in a random factor they could do a sort of 'winds of magic' roll before each movement phase to see which powers your psykers will have available, rather than giving each psyker a random powers table or whatever.

• Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    I think it's the wishful thinking of fantasy folks or 2nd edition nostalgia. That said I am not at all opposed to a psyker phase. Random powers I am opposed to.

I have an issue where I lose interest about halfway through even 1000-2000pt games. I don't know what it is, but I stop caring. Adding more time wouldn't help that. :P

• AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    Psychic shooting attacks make me rage so much. I just hate the rule so very, very, much.

• Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    Having a deicated Psychic phase would solve a lot of issues with Psychic powers right now. Having random powers though would be a huge mistake.

Yeah I think random powers work in Fantasy because most of the time you have 3 or 4 casters and 8-12 spells through your army. In 40k you usually have two spells for your army.

E26cO.jpg
  • valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    Well, turns out Mr. 4 Land Raiders left the sniper school here and went home to Chicago. He was supposed to be at Adepticon. I'm going to see if he was and how he did, if I can.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
    I forgot to mention that the rumors also mentioned psychic 'lores'. That would make the random powers less dumb but still pretty dumb.

• SJSJ College. Forever.Registered User regular
    Mind-bendingly dumb, really. Fantasy has had that baked into the system for 25 years, you can't just throw that concept into 40k. 40k thrives on (well, when it does thrive, which is rarely) well considered points costs.

Ha! Another bullet point is eschewing the force organization chart in favor of a percentage system.

Go on about your business folks, this is all just some fantasy nerd jerking off onto the keyboard and posting it.

That rumor was going around before 5th ed dropped, too.

• TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    Got some new rumors for you guys, straight from the big man himself, ___________

The new signature spell from the lore of the Sanctioned Psyker is, "Your head explodes"

My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • altmannaltmann Registered User regular
    I just want Thousand Sons to be cool and I'm fine with any other changes.

Imperator of the Gigahorse Jockeys.

"Oh what a day, what a LOVELY DAY!"

signature.png
    Dropping the FOC would be nice for Tyranids for sure. I don't really see a problem with it gameplay-wise but GW has been about force orgs for 40k for a while and that is their whole selling strategy.

E26cO.jpg
  • Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    I don't see why it couldn't be mixed. Some races follow an organisation chart while some follow a % chart. Or have some armies be formed around "you need a certain amount of unit X to open up the option of unit Y".

PSN Fleety2009
    altmann wrote: »
    I just want Thousand Sons to be cool and I'm fine with any other changes.

I hope this too. I also hope they are not demon/mutation-heavy as I would like to maybe play my Blood Ravens as them.

• Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    mugginns wrote: »
    Dropping the FOC would be nice for Tyranids for sure. I don't really see a problem with it gameplay-wise but GW has been about force orgs for 40k for a while and that is their whole selling strategy.

I want them to take a leaf out of their own notes and borrow from the old Epic: Space Marine/Titan Legions Tyranid organisation where certain creatures were independent, dependent, or master types and to get a dependant you had to have a master type, and you could only have so many of each, a bit like Guard platoons but a little more flexible.

E.G. You'd have a Tyranid Warrior unit as a "master" troop unit that could allow you to take 'gaunts or 'gants that don't take up FOC slots, but genestealers are independent and take up a slot whatever happens.
    Needs a bit of working put, but you get the general idea….

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • DraevenDraeven Registered User regular
    Yeah I think random powers work in Fantasy because most of the time you have 3 or 4 casters and 8-12 spells through your army. In 40k you usually have two spells for your army.
    JFK muggins, i would hate to play in your area, here we usualy roll with 2 casters max if lvl 2 or 1 lvl 4. Wow, 3 or 4 casters would be way to much. Though talking about a dedicated psychic phase, I wouldn't have a problem with it. Though , if you dont make the spells random then you will always, always , always see the most powerful ability every single time. Maybe have it , where you shuffle deck O cards and draw 4 keep 2..or something like that.

Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

Mr_Rose wrote: »

I want them to take a leaf out of their own notes and borrow from the old Epic: Space Marine/Titan Legions Tyranid organisation where certain creatures were independent, dependent, or master types and to get a dependant you had to have a master type, and you could only have so many of each, a bit like Guard platoons but a little more flexible.

E.G. You'd have a Tyranid Warrior unit as a "master" troop unit that could allow you to take 'gaunts or 'gants that don't take up FOC slots, but genestealers are independent and take up a slot whatever happens.
    Needs a bit of working put, but you get the general idea….

fuck it, just reboot epic god damnit

Draeven wrote: »
    JFK muggins, i would hate to play in your area, here we usualy roll with 2 casters max if lvl 2 or 1 lvl 4. Wow, 3 or 4 casters would be way to much. Though talking about a dedicated psychic phase, I wouldn't have a problem with it. Though , if you dont make the spells random then you will always, always , always see the most powerful ability every single time. Maybe have it , where you shuffle deck O cards and draw 4 keep 2..or something like that.
    If you're playing 2500 in fantasy I think most people would take a level 4 and one or two level 1's. Depends on your army.

E26cO.jpg
    Sharp101 wrote: »

How does that store explain to people what 'meeplemart' means? Do they get that question a lot?

E26cO.jpg
  • Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    Most of Meeplemart's business is board games. In fact, that's all he sold when he started. I think most people that are into board games knows what a Meeple is, in fact it's even in the store' logo! :P

That being said, I have had to explain it to a few people. Most just don't ask :P

I'm in our store a lot ... I basically consider it a club. I'm there enough to notice if they had a dollar for every person who called or came in for video games, they'd be millionaires. There is a re-sale dvd / game store within a mile and at least 4 Gamestops. Crazyness

E26cO.jpg
  • DocSamsonDocSamson Registered User regular
    Sharp101 wrote: »

Dammit, that all looks awesome.

• valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    I assembled 6 marine bikes over the weekend. And I'm pretty proud of that accomplishment, but I noticed a problem. I bought them for a reduced amount online, thru eBay. I didn't notice this when I received them, but the picture displayed was of the box art for the 3 bike set GW sells. Naturally, I thought this was what I was getting. They came sans box. I didn't think much of it, maybe it was easier to ship that way, but I'm missing all the accessory sprues. I have 6 regular bikers. Now I need at least 4 more bikes, with the parts to make meltagun toting marines out of them. I think if I do that, I'll be able to then field the majority of my troops, but it is upsetting that I didn't get them with what i purchased. I'm also missing the extra pieces that go on the back of the bike to cover up that blank space behind the seat.

i may have some parts to scrounge for that though.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • saluksicsaluksic Registered User regular
    Dang man. That's were you bring out the old "would not buy from again" card. You know, you can buy a pack of five me meltaguns from GW for about five bucks. If that helps.

• StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    So, I'm looking to sell my Necrons, about 4600 points or so. I'm wondering how to price them out. A chunk of it is pretty well painted.
    1 Nightbringer
    2 Necron Lords
    2 Necron Lord on Destroyer Body
    5 Pariah
    6 Flayed Ones
    15 Immortals
    97 Warriors
    24 Scarabs
    8 Destroyers
    3 Heavy Destroyers
    2 Tomb Spyders
    2 Monoliths

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • NaxNax For Sanguinius! Registered User regular
    I'd be interested in the warriors, the immortals, and the scarabs, if you feel like sending a PM once you figure out what you want for them

The following people are amazing and I love them: Wildcat, Timspork, Kias, Denada, susan, Sharp101, [GHSC]Ryctor, Matev, Matrias, ItBurns, Slapnuts, Dayspring, see317, and the unknown poster that sent me a box of Death Company! <3 If you get them as Santees you should buy them amazing things!
  • Mr. Mojo RisinMr. Mojo Risin Registered User regular
    Finally got a second game in on vassal with Farangu last night, was fun and I learned a lot again due to some dumb mistakes on my part. Drop podding devestators is a bad idea, drop podding them where they will be within shooting range of a sizable chunk of the opponents army is a worse idea, he wiped all but 1 member of a 5 man combat squad before they even caused a wound... Still had a chance right up until the end though and if he hadnt popped both of my dreadnaughts with a single shot each it might have been a different story. Mvp was probably my death company thunder hammer dude who ended up killing his wraithlord in close combat and survived to save a kp and keep it close or my assault marines who chewed up a squad of dire avengers and their wave serpent. Lvp was definitely my DC Dread that podded in whiffed with everything and then exploded.

steam_sig.png
  • MatriasMatrias Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Nax, Necrons never fought on Armegeddon. You can't have them.

Matrias on
    3DS/Pokemon Friend Code - 2122-5878-9273 - Kyle
This discussion has been closed.