As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Edinburgh Manor (Mini Phalla) Day 6: Mafia and Princess Victory!

FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night manChampion of the sunRegistered User regular
edited May 2012 in Critical Failures
Edinburgh Manor
A Mini Phalla for 25 players

Edinburgh Manor has stood deserted for years. Built in the mid 1800s, this Victorian mansion was occupied by the late Lord William Edinburgh. It was to be his summer home and eventual retirement spot, but a particularly harsh London winter found the man quite ill with a high fever. The doctor could do nothing for him in his final days and he died a slow, painful death, continually refusing the relief of sedatives. The entire town could hear his final death cries.

To this day, the house has stood empty. Weeds and ivy slowly overtook the property until it was completely overrun; a chilling memorial atop the hill in a sleepy, London town.

That is, until recently. Someone had been tending to the manor, clearing the overgrown foliage, repairing the windows, and transforming the once majestic mansion to its original state. No one from the town had seen workers come or go. The only signs of anything happening at the old Edinburgh place were the faint echo of hammering or the distance crash of a falling tree.

And then, one day, letters began arriving all over town. They were sealed with the unmistakable ‘E’ that adorned correspondences from the late Lord Edinburgh.

“Dear Townspeople,

This letter comes to you from the pen of Sir Charles Edinburgh, grandson of the honourable William Edinburgh, who died in your fair town in 1847. I realize the past years of neglect of my grandfather’s property has resulted in a troublesome eyesore amongst your quaint, sturdy homes, and I aim to rectify this inconvenience and disrespect readily.

To this end, I have arranged a dinner party for the townspeople both as an amends on behalf of the Edinburgh estate and also as a thank you for your respecting my grandfather’s privacy in his final days. The party shall be held at Edinburgh Manor on the Friday next, at sundown. Please dress in whatever attire suits you, as I would have you feel at home.

Lastly, one townsperson shall be gifted my grandfather’s manor at the conclusion of the evening, along with all accompanying acreage, structures, and furnishings. I look forward to the pleasure of your company and remain sincerely yours,

Sir Charles Montgomery Edinburgh”

The townspeople were shocked. No one had ever met Edinburgh’s family. He had visitors come and go and indeed some had stayed for entire summers, but no one had seen anyone with him in town, when he did chance to make an appearance. Nevertheless, the idea of a dinner party for the town at the newly restored manor was exciting beyond words for the recipients. And of course, the idea of actually owning Edinburgh's estate was positively thrilling. While the letter implied the invitation was extended to all of those living in the town, it had arrived only at particular homes. Still, even some who did not receive an invention dressed in their utmost best and headed up the long dirt road to the old manor, when the night arrived.

There was no one at the door to greet the guests, but the doors were swung wide, and the warmth of a fire in the dining hall burst out into the chilly air, along with the sound of piano playing and the captivating scent of roasting goose.

One by the one, the townspeople entered the manor.

001-1.jpg

Voting instructions and more will follow along with the narration on Day 0. For now, here are the rules:

Do not directly quote your role PM or send screenshots. It is for your eyes only, and you may only paraphrase the contents in your discussions with others.

Do not add players to private conversations. If you want to add someone, start a new one. I would also enjoy being a part of any particularly interesting networks/conversations for my own amusement. This is not required. It is, however, required that I be a part of any pro boards you might make. I would also very much appreciate orders being posted on said proboards instead of sent to me in PM, so as to prevent any timing confusion or tom-foolery with Vanilla. Any Vanilla-related glitches will be taken at face value. The time-stamp is law.

You are allowed one ghost post upon death, may only contact other players in a manner traceable to you, and may not post in code or a language other than fully comprehensible English. Ask for clarifications of these rules and others in Bold Orange.

All players are required to make two posts each day, with a vote contained somewhere therein. Two days of inactivity will result in replacement or removal. This includes both voting mechanics. You’ll learn more about that on Day 0.

!Sign-up in bold lime..

In order to expedite the sign-up process and get this game rolling, here is a bit of information about the voting mechanics.

Each day, every townsperson must vote "out" one person amongst them. This will be done in Bold Red.. Retractions should be posted in Bold Lime, but it is not required. Your last vote will count, as long as it comes in at 11:59 PM EDT or earlier.

Every townsperson must also vote for a location in the house they would like to visit. The townspeople will move as a group to the location with the most votes. This will be done in Bold Teal. Again, retractions should be posted in Bold Lime, but it is not required. Your last vote will count, as long as it comes in at 11:59 PM EDT or earlier.

Here is the map of the house:
manor-1.png

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
Figgy on

• Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Starting player list:
    1. Anialos
    2. jdarksun
    3. The Anonymous
    4. tzeentchling
    5. Assuran
    6. TheRoadVirus
    7. Cayrus
    8. GrimmyTOA
    9. Baidol
    10. Tayrun
    11. Langly
    12. SLyM
    13. Blasphemer69
    14. B:L
    15. BobCesca
    16. Obifett
    17. Spoit
    18. Bedlam
    19. sportzboytjw
    20. tastypastry
    21. Egos
    22. AkimboLegs
    23. facetious
    24. lonelyahava
    25. Grunt's Ghosts

Reserves:

1. Retaba
    2. vertroue
    3. Cythraul
    4. shalmelo
    5. Taya
    6. Gaslight

The Dead:

Assuran, the Locksmith. Killed by the Soldier
    Egos, the Grease Man. Killed by the townspeople.
    AkimboLegs, the Mastermind. Killed by the Soldier.
    Tayrun, the Royal Prince. Killed by the townspeople.
    Bedlam, the Palace Guard. Killed by the townspeople.
    Blasphemer69, the bartender. Killed by the soldier.
    tzeentchling, the town rat catcher. Killed by the mastermind and his men.
    jdarksun, the veterinarian. Killed by a trap.
    SLyM, the Police Man. Killed by the mastermind and his men. And then extra killed by the soldier.
    Baidol, the servant. Killed by the Ghost of Edinburgh.
    BobCesca, the shoeshine. Killed by the townspeople.
    lonelyahava, the Magician. Killed by a trap.
    TheRoadVirus, the blacksmith. Killed by the Ghost of Edinburgh.
    Anialos, the chimney sweep. Killed by the townspeople.
    Spoit, the sailor. Killed by Ghost of Edinburgh.
    Cayrus, the Soldier. Killed by the Mastermind and his men.
    Langly, the Factory Worker. Killed by a trap.
    tastypastry, the doctor. Killed by the Mastermind and his men.
    Obifett, the Hypnotist. Killed by a trap.
    Grunt's Ghosts, the beggar. Killed by inactivus
    facetious, Lord William Edinburgh's Ghost. Killed by the townspeople.

The standard role PM includes a blurb about a village job/role (florist, baker, etc.) as well as the following:

You are a townsperson, and your loyalties lie with your neighbours. You win when you are rid of all of those who would do you harm.

Day 0 - The first night... (Dining Hall)
    Day 1 - A sleepless night (Kitchen)
    Day 2 - A trap in the attic. (Attic)
    Day 3 - Like moths to the flame. (Study)
    Day 4 - Dodged a bullet that time. (Kitchen)
    Day 5 - So we meet at last. (Dining Hall)
    Day 6 - Split two ways is better than five. (Children's Room)

Clarifications:

Vote close is at midnight, EDT. Any vote posts, order PMs, or proboard edit stamps past 11:59:59 PM will not be counted. Further, editing a proboard order post past 11:59:59 PM will void all orders that night.

The order of actions sees the vote come first. Otherwise, Clarification Denied. You might get more detailed information if you ask again after Day 0, when the specific game mechanics are revealed.

Re: Thrall/Miller/Conversions: There are no conversions. Otherwise, Clarification Denied™.

Figgy on
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    While I'd like to, I really really can't this week.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    !signup

• Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    kime wrote: »
    While I'd like to, I really really can't this week.
    But then who will murder us all?

• Options
    tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    Oooh, I do so love parties!

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    A victorian-ish game? @facetious would love this

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    !Sounds fun.

What time are you closing vote?

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    I AM A GLUTTON FOR PUNISHMENT
    What order do the events of the night happen?

• Options
    Vote close is at midnight, EDT. Any vote posts, order PMs, or proboard edit stamps past 11:59:59 PM will not be counted. Further, editing a proboard order post past 11:59:59 PM will void all orders that night.

The order of actions sees the vote come first. Otherwise, Clarification Denied. You might get more detailed information if you ask again after Day 0, when the specific game mechanics are revealed.

• Options
    Thrall/miller/conversions?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CayrusCayrus Consul Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears!Registered User regular
    RSVP

Former Secret Service Agent Nathaniel Ford in Call of Cthulhu: Whispers in the Darkness

Henri Emmanuel Gratien St Pierre in Where No Man Has Gone Before

Lord Augustus Cumberbatch in Eclipse Phase
  • Options
    Spoit wrote: »
    Thrall/miller/conversions?

There are no conversions. Otherwise, Clarification Denied™.

• Options
    GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    Fun times to be had by all.

• Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Let's get me a house

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    TayrunTayrun Registered User regular
    Capital, a soiree!

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Alls I knows is, there's no ways a fancy invitation tos a creepy old house like this can leads to bad tings.

• Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    hello there

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    I've added a little more information about the voting procedure in the OP to pique interest.

• Options
    jdarksun wrote: »
    ...what does location in the manor matter?

Because who wouldn't want to explore a beautiful Victorian manor? Otherwise, clarification denied.

• Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    We're playing Clue, jdark.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    l3lasphemer69l3lasphemer69 Registered User regular
    !signed

• Options
    I'm gonna ask that we NOT visit the attic and/or children's room in the once-abandoned mansion owned by a family that nobody has seen and renovated by invisible workers.

• Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    (A well but sloppily dressed man arrives fashionably late.)

SIR HENRY CHRISTIAN SLATER
    Hello, gents. You can't have a party without
    Sir Henry Christian Slater signing up!
    Now... where's the drinks?

10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    Ooooh...sign me up please

• Options
    What kind of mansion doesn't have a Wine Cellar?

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular

Looks fun!

• Options
    Good god, what sort of gentleman uses yellow?

Yikes. Just realized that I'm on a style for the forums, so yellow will probably be unreadable by almost everyone else. Changing the location vote to Teal.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    Because the proboards don't have gold?

Edit: Oh, so they do.

tzeentchling on
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    real gentlemen use style sheets

• Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    Chocolate is also a nicely warm color.
    SIR HENRY CHRISTIAN SLATER
    My word! What kind of gentleman
    larps in chocolate, jlarpson!?

10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    Sure why not

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Dearest Sir, I am writing you to notify of my desire to be included into your game post haste. Being a Gentleman I would be sorely disapointed to not participate in this gentlemans game for gentlemen. If you do not recive this note in time I may have to cut a bitch.

Yours Truely,
    William Reginald Bedlam Esq.

Bedlam on
  • Options
    sportzboytjwsportzboytjw squeeeeeezzeeee some more tax breaks outRegistered User regular
    I say old chap

Walkerdog on MTGO
    TylerJ on League of Legends (it's free and fun!)
  • Options
    NullzoneNullzone Registered User regular
    Blah I'm going to miss another one :(

Curse my traveling this coming weekend

• Options
    tastypastrytastypastry Can somebody please remove these cutleries from my knees?Registered User regular

• Options
    I'm heading into work now. I will send out role PMs when I get home if we're full. Day 0 will end tomorrow at 11:59 PM EDT.

• Options
    l3lasphemer69l3lasphemer69 Registered User regular
    Phew, glad Figgy changed the color to vote for room location, that yellow made my chili ring tingle

• Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    ok this looks pretty fucking awesome

• Options
    AkimboLegsAkimboLegs Registered User regular
    Ok, I will participate