As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Sean Bean was impaled in the making of this [CHAT]

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »
    i assume it's more cost effective for me to save up for the spectre packs?

I buy a mix.

Right now, I've been buying a lot of jumbo equipment packs, because otherwise I run out of medigel a lot. (Stop dying so much lol)

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    that gigapixel picture thing is incredible
    I couldn't find Wally though. 8(

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    <3

http://www.lingerietalk.com/2012/03/26/lingerie-news/were-done-hiding-a-first-lingerie-line-for-transgendered-women.html
    The first collection from this new NYC label represents something of a breakthrough in alternative fashions: the perfectly-named Chrysalis is the first lingerie line designed for, and by, transgender women.

“Speaking from personal experience, I found no products that specifically cater to transgender women. There are some things for cross-dressers and drag queens, but they’re all sexually exploitative."

Now, for the curious, let’s get to the big question: What exactly distinguishes lingerie for the TG market?

Chrysalis will launch this spring with a basics collection of bra-and-panty ensembles in five colors. The power-mesh panty is designed to create a seamless look by using a special panel that “tucks us in,” Cy said, while the bra comes with hidden pockets that hold full-cup inserts to create the appearance of a natural bustline.

The result is a product line versatile enough to work with different body shapes and still achieve traditionally feminine lines. (The models used in Chrysalis‘ promotional photos are all TG women.)

For its founders, though, Chrysalis is about a lot more than fashion: it’s about the politics of acceptance for a misunderstood and maligned community.

“Chrysalis wants to change how transgender people are viewed,” Cy said. “We want to make people look at transgender people as human beings.

Nice.

• GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    http://imgur.com/a/0foL5

Mom of a soldier in Afghanistan sent him some shirts...

moms are the best

919UOwT.png
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    i'm actually buying vet packs now, as my uncommon guns are still weak as shit, whereas the good rares are all decently leveled for me

i definitely want to try vanguarding with the newly buffed eviscerator because i hate having to use the shitty ass katana

• CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Bethryn wrote: »
    that gigapixel picture thing is incredible
    I couldn't find Wally though. 8(
    I didn't know you were a filthy non-American.

• descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    @pony

The Baldwin Vanguard pep talk was comedy btw

• ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular

I buy a mix.

Right now, I've been buying a lot of jumbo equipment packs, because otherwise I run out of medigel a lot. (Stop dying so much lol)

I tend to burn through ops packs. I had a long streak where I had none and it sucked so much.

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    I can't find the 80x80 version of this avatar I made for Vanilla.

fuck dis gay erf

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    Maz- wrote: »
    Thanatos wrote: »
    The only Vanguard really viable on a gold is a Krogan. And then only if you're hosting.

filthy lies

Human Vanguard can be just as viable if you're running with a light weapon and low cooldowns. You might not use Nova as often as on Silver difficulty, but if you can keep charging constantly you'll definitely do well.

also, omigod I'm posting in the [chat] thread

Oh my god

Oh my god

The chat thread is the big leagues

Don't fuck this up

I know, right. Hang on to your pants, you geese.

Tomorrow's a national holiday in this here fine country, ironically called "day of work" though everyone pretty much does the opposite of work, that is getting drunk of their asses.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular

I buy a mix.

I was picking those up for awhile, but if you do the math, they suck.

One Jumbo equipment pack is 20 consumables (five of each) and two other items (either equipment or additional consumables).

Three Veteran equipment packs are 18 consumables (randomized in packs of three), three equipment item, three common or uncommon weapons/mods/classes, and three uncommon weapons/mods/classes.

Those are the same price. So, unless you're already maxed on the common/uncommon weapons/mods/classes, you're way better off going with the Veteran packs, and arguably better off even if you are maxed.

• BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »
    I didn't know you were a filthy non-American.
    Well I didn't know you looked at art drawn by filthy non-Americans!

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
    One Jumbo equipment pack is 20 consumables (five of each) and two other items (either equipment or additional consumables).

Three Veteran equipment packs are 18 consumables (randomized in packs of three), three equipment item, three common or uncommon weapons/mods/classes, and three uncommon weapons/mods/classes.

Are you absolutely sure about the bolded?

My problem is that I was buying Veteran packs for a while but getting absolutely no medigel at all.

• ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    Pony wrote: »
    <3

http://www.lingerietalk.com/2012/03/26/lingerie-news/were-done-hiding-a-first-lingerie-line-for-transgendered-women.html
    The first collection from this new NYC label represents something of a breakthrough in alternative fashions: the perfectly-named Chrysalis is the first lingerie line designed for, and by, transgender women.

“Speaking from personal experience, I found no products that specifically cater to transgender women. There are some things for cross-dressers and drag queens, but they’re all sexually exploitative."

Now, for the curious, let’s get to the big question: What exactly distinguishes lingerie for the TG market?

Chrysalis will launch this spring with a basics collection of bra-and-panty ensembles in five colors. The power-mesh panty is designed to create a seamless look by using a special panel that “tucks us in,” Cy said, while the bra comes with hidden pockets that hold full-cup inserts to create the appearance of a natural bustline.

The result is a product line versatile enough to work with different body shapes and still achieve traditionally feminine lines. (The models used in Chrysalis‘ promotional photos are all TG women.)

For its founders, though, Chrysalis is about a lot more than fashion: it’s about the politics of acceptance for a misunderstood and maligned community.

“Chrysalis wants to change how transgender people are viewed,” Cy said. “We want to make people look at transgender people as human beings.

that's p coo

agreed

damnit all this ME3 talk now I have to go play a match before I work on my papers some more

yeah, buying vet packs is all well and good until you get a run of thermal clips

• Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    I would like to shoot more aliens tonight in ME3 I think.

• SparvySparvy Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Maz- wrote: »
    Tomorrow's a national holiday in this here fine country, ironically called "day of work" though everyone pretty much does the opposite of work, that is getting drunk of their asses.

In most places its "Worker's day", are you sure you are not just confused?

Sparvy on
  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    it is still hilarious to me what a smash-hit success the ME3 multi has been

meanwhile people shit on the singleplayer in spades

• ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited April 2012

Are you absolutely sure about the bolded?

My problem is that I was buying Veteran packs for a while but getting absolutely no medigel at all.
    I go through MediGel like crazy, too, and I've been getting plenty of it from veteran packs.

And yeah, if you buy the Jumbo packs, you're guaranteed 5 MediGels, but you're also guaranteed 5 thermal clips. If you buy Veteran packs, you might end up with 9 ammo packs and 9 ops packs, but you also might end up with 9 MediGels and 9 Cobra missiles.

And the more you're buying, the more it's likely to normalize with the Veteran packs. If you buy 9 Veteran packs instead of 3 Jumbo packs, you're probably going to get 12-15 Medigels.

It's a riskier strategy, but if you haven't maxed your common & uncommon items, I think the side benefits more than make up for the lack of reliability. Maxing out your weapon mods is a pretty big deal, and that's the best way to do it.

Thanatos on
    i have tons and tons of ammo packs and missiles because i rarely use them

but i drink medigel and survival packs like fucking water

• nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    buncha neckbeards up in here

i actually just maxed out all my weapon mods

I would buy a multi only mass effect game with tons of new content.

• matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    I want a game where you, as the universe's Last Best Hope, are simply given things. Or are allowed to kill people who try to charge you for equipment you intend to use to save the universe. Also no "Well if you want information go find me 5 chickens." Just torture the asshole.

nibXTE7.png
    Do the damage ratings on weapons change visibly as you upgrade them?

I wish they used numbers instead of bars.

gooey add me to your list too i am

shazkar

what a surprise

Okay i am V1scous

i probably wont be on ecksbocks until like 7 central at least

919UOwT.png
    I would buy a multi only mass effect game with tons of new content.

that was what the ME3 multiplayer was going to be, originally

it was going to be a stand-alone multiplayer game

but EA wasn't entirely sure it would do well on its own so they rolled the resources and dev team from the multiplayer project into being a feature of ME3

this actually resulted in MORE single-player content, since many of the minor side missions in ME3 are multiplayer maps jiggered into single-player missions

the ME3 multi devs are a different team than the single player devs

okay so answer more ME3 multiplayer things for me!

how do i level my guns? just keep using them and they'll level up or...?

919UOwT.png
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    gooey add me to your list too i am

shazkar

what a surprise

poo
  • TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I want a game where you, as the universe's Last Best Hope, are simply given things. Or are allowed to kill people who try to charge you for equipment you intend to use to save the universe.

nethack qualifies up to this point. Shopkeeper has an item you want? murder him!

Tamin on
    Do the damage ratings on weapons change visibly as you upgrade them?

I wish they used numbers instead of bars.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0ArNVjEsDluBFdF84WkZjc2ozQ2VrTUhkcFR2ZWc5bWc&output=html

• Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    I want a game where you, as the universe's Last Best Hope, are simply given things. Or are allowed to kill people who try to charge you for equipment you intend to use to save the universe. Also no "Well if you want information go find me 5 chickens." Just torture the asshole.

Sorry Master Chef, or whatever your name is, even if you are the only thing standing between me and the Apocalypse, all space credit card transactions require a minimum $4.00 charge. Don't give me that look, I don't make the rules, I just work here.

• Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    oh shit they turned the water off

oh well i guess i will see my brain doctor as a slightly smell vagrant

• tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    gooey is a dork!!

• descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Pony wrote: »
    it is still hilarious to me what a smash-hit success the ME3 multi has been

meanwhile people shit on the singleplayer in spades

I would love a ME4 that was more of a traditional western rpg in terms of letting me pick from something like me3's Multi list for my dude.

Integrate single and multiplayer progress -- maybe you can play your squad mates in Multi for some benefits?

I would be way on top of that.

tyrannus wrote: »
    gooey is a dork!!

no u

919UOwT.png
  • WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular

This is terrible, Cass.

As a neuroscientist I can attest to the fact that smell is the only accurate way to assess a brain.

Your lack of showering will completely throw the doctor off, you will probably be lobotomized on the spot.

• matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Tamin wrote: »
    I want a game where you, as the universe's Last Best Hope, are simply given things. Or are allowed to kill people who try to charge you for equipment you intend to use to save the universe.

nethack qualifies up to this point. Shopkeeper has an item you want? murder him!

I'm pretty sure nethack itself is the torture part.

nibXTE7.png
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    Winky wrote: »

This is terrible, Cass.

As a neuroscientist I can attest to the fact that smell is the only accurate way to assess a brain.

Your lack of showering will completely throw the doctor off, you will probably be lobotomized on the spot.

its okay

i'll have a febreeze shower :B

• TaminTamin Registered User regular
    Tamin wrote: »

I'm pretty sure nethack itself is the torture part.

Yeah, I can't really argue with that.

I love the game regardless.

This discussion has been closed.