As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Sean Bean was impaled in the making of this [CHAT]

• Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Sparvy wrote: »
    Maz- wrote: »
    Tomorrow's a national holiday in this here fine country, ironically called "day of work" though everyone pretty much does the opposite of work, that is getting drunk of their asses.

In most places its "Worker's day", are you sure you are not just confused?

Really? Thought that was just a German holiday. And no, the literal translation would indeed be "day of work".

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Winky wrote: »
    oh shit they turned the water off

oh well i guess i will see my brain doctor as a slightly smell vagrant

This is terrible, Cass.

As a neuroscientist I can attest to the fact that smell is the only accurate way to assess a brain.

Your lack of showering will completely throw the doctor off, you will probably be lobotomized on the spot.

its okay

i'll have a febreeze shower :B

The smell of febreeze is how we identify when to do the hemispherectomies.

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Elendil wrote: »
    Do the damage ratings on weapons change visibly as you upgrade them?

I wish they used numbers instead of bars.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0ArNVjEsDluBFdF84WkZjc2ozQ2VrTUhkcFR2ZWc5bWc&output=html

So is the damage bonus mod (extended barrel) a flat increase in damage per hit?

Because if so, that could be really good on rapid-fire weapons.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Thanatos wrote: »
    The only Vanguard really viable on a gold is a Krogan. And then only if you're hosting.

filthy lies

Human Vanguard can be just as viable if you're running with a light weapon and low cooldowns. You might not use Nova as often as on Silver difficulty, but if you can keep charging constantly you'll definitely do well.

also, omigod I'm posting in the [chat] thread

Hello person I've never spoken to before! :)

• Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    once aaron and i were play wrestling and the bed shifted over

aaron fell inbetween the bed and the wall on his back like a turtle

i looked over at him and smiled and said

oh

you're trapped

now i can

:D

SPRAY YOU WITH FEBREEZE!!!!

good times, good times

• Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    the new penny arcade comic is the best one in a whiiiiile

• JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Pony wrote: »
    re: vanguards
    If I see one more random pub Vanguard with an assault rifle that isn't charging... Jesus, those kids need a pep talk on the art of the Vanguard.
    Alec-Baldwin-Glengarry-Glen-Ross.jpg
    Baldwin: Let me have your attention for a moment! So you're talking about what? You're talking about...(puts out his cigarette)...bitching about that wave you botched, some Phantom that one-shot you, some Guardian that blocked your melee, some turret that you never saw before it downed you. Let's talk about something important. (to Admiral Hackett) Are they all here?

Hackett: All but one.

Baldwin: Well, I'm going anyway. Let's talk about something important! (to xXMasterChef98Xx) Put that coffee down!! Coffee's for Chargers only. (xXMasterChef98Xx scoffs) Do you think I'm fucking with you? I am not fucking with you. I'm here from Earth. I'm here from Systems Alliance HQ. And I'm here on a mission of mercy. Your name's xXMasterChef98Xx?

xXMasterChef98Xx: Yeah.

Baldwin: You call yourself a Vanguard, you son of a bitch?

W33D42069: I don't have to listen to this shit.

Baldwin: You certainly don't pal. 'Cause the good news is -- you're fired. The bad news is you've got, all you got, just one chance to regain your jobs, starting tonight. Starting with tonight's match. Oh, have I got your attention now? Good. 'Cause we're adding a little something to this month's contest. As you all know, first prize is three Veteran Packs. Anyone want to see second prize? Second prize's a Recruit Pack. Third prize is you're fired. You get the picture? You're laughing now? You got targets. Systems Alliance HQ paid good money to put you on this planet. Go complete the objectives! You can't hack the computers you're given, you can't hack shit, you ARE shit, hit the bricks pal and beat it 'cause you are going out!!!

xXMasterChef98Xx: The Charge's damage is weak.

Baldwin: 'The damage is weak.' Fucking damage is weak? You're weak. I've been in the killing Cerberus mission for fifteen years.

W33D42069: What's your name?

Baldwin: FUCK YOU, that's my name!! You know why, Mister? 'Cause you rode in a frigate to get here tonight, I came in on a Dreadnought. That's my name!! (to xXMasterChef98Xx) And your name is "you're wanting." And you can't play in a man's game. You can't close them. (at a near whisper) And you go home and tell your wife your troubles. (to everyone again) Because only one thing counts in this life! Kill every traitorous scumbag Cerberus son of a bitch you come across! You hear me, you fucking faggots?

(Baldwin flips over a blackboard which has two sets of letters on it: ABC, and CNMR.)

Baldwin: A-B-C. A-Always, B-Be, C-Charging. Always Be Charging! Always Be Charging!! C-N-M-R. Charge, Nova, Melee, Repeat. Charge – have you fucking charged them yet? Nova – followup that goddamned Charge. You don't go in for the kill and use your Tempest; you fuck or walk. You Nova or you hit the bricks! Melee – give it the personal touch because your fists are better than bullets!! And Repeat. C-N-M-R; get out there!! You got the targets comin' in; you think they came in to get out of the rain? Cerberus doesn't walk on the map unless he wants to get murdered by you. Sitting out there waiting to stain your armor with their blood! Are you gonna take it? Are you man enough to take it? (to W33D42069) What's the problem pal? You. W33D42069.

W33D42069: You're such a hero, you're so badass. Why you coming down here and waste your time on a bunch of bums?

(Baldwin sits and lays his Katana X on the table)

Baldwin: You see this shotgun? You see this shotgun?

W33D42069: Yeah.

Baldwin: I got 100,000 points without using it last match. How much you get? You see, pal, that's who I am. And you're nothing. Nice guy? I don't give a shit. Good father? Fuck you -- go home and play with your kids!! (to everyone) You wanna work here? Kill Cerberus agents!! (to V3RN3R) You think this is abuse? You think this is abuse, you cocksucker? You can't take this -- how can you take the abuse you get in a Gold match?! You don't like it -- leave. I can go out there tonight with the difficulty you got, make myself 15,000 points SOLO! Tonight! In two waves! Can you? Can you? Go and do likewise! C-N-M-R!! Get mad! You sons of bitches! Get mad!! You know what it takes to be a Vanguard?

brass-balls-gggr1.jpg

Baldwin: It takes brass balls to be a Vanguard.

Baldwin: Go and do likewise, gents. The targets are out there, you kill it, the points are yours. You don't--I have no sympathy for you. You wanna go out on those waves tonight and close, close, it's yours. If not you're going to be shining my shoes. Bunch of losers sitting around in a bar. (in a mocking weak voice) "Oh yeah, I used to be a Vanguard, it's a tough racket." (he pats a large stack of crates tied together with a big pretty ribbon) These are the new shotguns. These are the non-demo shotguns. And to you, they're gold. And you don't get them. Because to give them to you is just throwing them away. (he hands the stack to Hackett) They're for Chargers. I'd wish you good luck but you wouldn't know what to do with it if you got it. (to W33D42069 as he puts his Katana X back on his armor) And to answer your question, pal: why am I here? I came here because Systems Alliance HQ asked me to, they asked me for a favor. I said, the real favor, follow my advice and fire your fucking ass because a loser is a loser.
    (He stares at W33D42069 for a sec, and then picking up his briefcase, goes into inner office with Hackett)

that was fucking fantastic

rRwz9.gif
  • Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Now I see why the avenger is so shitty. And I see why even the better assault rifles are not as good as a pistol plus quick power recharge.

Thank you for that spreadsheet elendil.

The only Vanguard really viable on a gold is a Krogan. And then only if you're hosting.

filthy lies

Human Vanguard can be just as viable if you're running with a light weapon and low cooldowns. You might not use Nova as often as on Silver difficulty, but if you can keep charging constantly you'll definitely do well.

hey hey

I've always been kinda reluctant to post in here (and in some parts of SE++) because it seemed to me like everyone here knew other and it's always tough to find your place in a social situation like that, be on the internets or the "RL", as the kids call it.

But I figured, eh, why not? What's the worst that could happen?
    oh god what's the worst that could happen? D:

• Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    oh shit they turned the water off

oh well i guess i will see my brain doctor as a slightly smell vagrant

This is terrible, Cass.

As a neuroscientist I can attest to the fact that smell is the only accurate way to assess a brain.

Your lack of showering will completely throw the doctor off, you will probably be lobotomized on the spot.

its okay

i'll have a febreeze shower :B

The smell of febreeze is how we identify when to do the hemispherectomies.

Did you just refer to yourself as a neurosurgeon, Winky?

filthy lies

hey hey

I've always been kinda reluctant to post in here (and in some parts of SE++) because it seemed to me like everyone here knew other and it's always tough to find your place in a social situation like that, be on the internets or the "RL", as the kids call it.

BEES

• MadpandaMadpanda suburbs west of chicagoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    desc wrote: »
    TehSloth wrote: »
    Woah rainbow hair

Jewel Staite with rainbow hair even

Who's jewel ... (googling)

Oh. I am continually bewildered by everyone knowing every Firefly actor. At some point I will have to watch that and that Babylon 5 show to be culturally savvy.

Babylon 5 has NOT aged well

if JMS or someone still has access to the masters for that show they should dust it off and re-do all the CGI with modern innovations and re-release the DVDs

i'd fucking buy it

because the original show's CGI is BAD

REALLY BAD

The CGI kept me from starting B5 a few times. My friends kept raving about how good the show was but man getting that cgi right off the bat was not helping their cause.

By the end of the first episode I decided to try a few more, that was a few months ago and I'm almost done with the series.

Madpanda on
    camo_sig2.png
    Steam/PSN/XBL/Minecraft / LoL / - Benevicious | WoW - Duckwood - Rajhek
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    Elendil wrote: »
    Do the damage ratings on weapons change visibly as you upgrade them?

I wish they used numbers instead of bars.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0ArNVjEsDluBFdF84WkZjc2ozQ2VrTUhkcFR2ZWc5bWc&output=html

So is the damage bonus mod (extended barrel) a flat increase in damage per hit?

Because if so, that could be really good on rapid-fire weapons.
    extra damage is never a bad thing, but i think the extended barrel tends to benefit big, beefy weapons more than the rapid fire ones since it's a percentage; the Claymore X gains the equivalent of a Carnifex X shot on top of it's base damage with the barrel

armor piercing mods tend to be better on rapid fire weapons, since armor reduces all bullet damage by a flat amount (30 on silver, 50 on gold) which a lot of auto weapons straight up do not do

but that's just armor

ok i'm out lets see if they'll give me more happy pills

lata suckas

• descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular

filthy lies

hey hey

What's the worst that could happen?

You'll see soon enough.

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular

filthy lies

hey hey

BEES

http://www.celebjihad.com/gifs/oprah2.gif

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Why yes, I do want a glass floor on top of a 15-floor elevator shaft when taking a shit.

bathroom-floor.jpg

• KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    Man, BBQ, beer and beans are sure great for gas generation

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
    the new penny arcade comic is the best one in a whiiiiile

I don't know

I felt that 2010 and 2011 were pretty mediocre for Penny Arcade standards, but the comics in 2012 have been consistently fantastic.
    If they keep this up it might end up being my favorite year of PA.

The CGI isn't even remotely the worst thing about B5. It's the acting.

You could replace all the CGI and the show would still be unwatchable.

filthy lies

hey hey

What's the worst that could happen?

You'll see soon enough.

I'm gonna have to go through some sick initiation ritual, aren't I

• GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    HEY YOU! NEW PERSON!

GET. OUT.

your [chat]ing shoes cause d&d [chat] is the postest with the mostest

well except pants

pants are strictly not allowed

919UOwT.png
  • Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular

filthy lies

hey hey

The worst that could happen (NSFW/L):
    commieman.jpg

• Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    Why yes, I do want a glass floor on top of a 15-floor elevator shaft when taking a shit.

bathroom-floor.jpg

they should make plumbing that goes into the shaft with transparent tubing so you can see your poop fall into the abyss

poo
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    i also feel like the nature of ME3 multi's gameplay strongly rewards burst damage vs. DPS

it's better to put one dude down fast so you're not being shot by him or his buddies, or have him dive behind cover

i dunno

they keep buffing autos, but i still see little reason to use them and i feel like the issue is probably more fundamental than weapon stats

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Hmm they opened up a Michael Kors shop in my mall...

Because people where I live where the median wage is $28,000 can afford to drop $400 on a purse and $100 on a tank top.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    bowen wrote: »

Because people where I live where the median wage is $28,000 can afford to drop $400 on a purse and $100 on a tank top.

dude credit cards are like free money bro

919UOwT.png
  • SparvySparvy Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Sparvy wrote: »
    Tomorrow's a national holiday in this here fine country, ironically called "day of work" though everyone pretty much does the opposite of work, that is getting drunk of their asses.

In most places its "Worker's day", are you sure you are not just confused?

Really? Thought that was just a German holiday. And no, the literal translation would indeed be "day of work".

Pretty widespread I think.

Though here in Sweden we get drunk and light bonfires tonight (Valborg) and spend tomorrow with our hangovers.

Think I will stay in this year.

Sparvy on

filthy lies

hey hey

I got two 3TB Hard Drives out of it. It's worth the risk.

• Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    re: vanguards
    If I see one more random pub Vanguard with an assault rifle that isn't charging... Jesus, those kids need a pep talk on the art of the Vanguard.
    Alec-Baldwin-Glengarry-Glen-Ross.jpg
    Baldwin: Let me have your attention for a moment! So you're talking about what? You're talking about...(puts out his cigarette)...bitching about that wave you botched, some Phantom that one-shot you, some Guardian that blocked your melee, some turret that you never saw before it downed you. Let's talk about something important. (to Admiral Hackett) Are they all here?

Hackett: All but one.

Baldwin: Well, I'm going anyway. Let's talk about something important! (to xXMasterChef98Xx) Put that coffee down!! Coffee's for Chargers only. (xXMasterChef98Xx scoffs) Do you think I'm fucking with you? I am not fucking with you. I'm here from Earth. I'm here from Systems Alliance HQ. And I'm here on a mission of mercy. Your name's xXMasterChef98Xx?

xXMasterChef98Xx: Yeah.

Baldwin: You call yourself a Vanguard, you son of a bitch?

W33D42069: I don't have to listen to this shit.

Baldwin: You certainly don't pal. 'Cause the good news is -- you're fired. The bad news is you've got, all you got, just one chance to regain your jobs, starting tonight. Starting with tonight's match. Oh, have I got your attention now? Good. 'Cause we're adding a little something to this month's contest. As you all know, first prize is three Veteran Packs. Anyone want to see second prize? Second prize's a Recruit Pack. Third prize is you're fired. You get the picture? You're laughing now? You got targets. Systems Alliance HQ paid good money to put you on this planet. Go complete the objectives! You can't hack the computers you're given, you can't hack shit, you ARE shit, hit the bricks pal and beat it 'cause you are going out!!!

xXMasterChef98Xx: The Charge's damage is weak.

Baldwin: 'The damage is weak.' Fucking damage is weak? You're weak. I've been in the killing Cerberus mission for fifteen years.

W33D42069: What's your name?

Baldwin: FUCK YOU, that's my name!! You know why, Mister? 'Cause you rode in a frigate to get here tonight, I came in on a Dreadnought. That's my name!! (to xXMasterChef98Xx) And your name is "you're wanting." And you can't play in a man's game. You can't close them. (at a near whisper) And you go home and tell your wife your troubles. (to everyone again) Because only one thing counts in this life! Kill every traitorous scumbag Cerberus son of a bitch you come across! You hear me, you fucking faggots?

(Baldwin flips over a blackboard which has two sets of letters on it: ABC, and CNMR.)

Baldwin: A-B-C. A-Always, B-Be, C-Charging. Always Be Charging! Always Be Charging!! C-N-M-R. Charge, Nova, Melee, Repeat. Charge – have you fucking charged them yet? Nova – followup that goddamned Charge. You don't go in for the kill and use your Tempest; you fuck or walk. You Nova or you hit the bricks! Melee – give it the personal touch because your fists are better than bullets!! And Repeat. C-N-M-R; get out there!! You got the targets comin' in; you think they came in to get out of the rain? Cerberus doesn't walk on the map unless he wants to get murdered by you. Sitting out there waiting to stain your armor with their blood! Are you gonna take it? Are you man enough to take it? (to W33D42069) What's the problem pal? You. W33D42069.

W33D42069: You're such a hero, you're so badass. Why you coming down here and waste your time on a bunch of bums?

(Baldwin sits and lays his Katana X on the table)

Baldwin: You see this shotgun? You see this shotgun?

W33D42069: Yeah.

Baldwin: I got 100,000 points without using it last match. How much you get? You see, pal, that's who I am. And you're nothing. Nice guy? I don't give a shit. Good father? Fuck you -- go home and play with your kids!! (to everyone) You wanna work here? Kill Cerberus agents!! (to V3RN3R) You think this is abuse? You think this is abuse, you cocksucker? You can't take this -- how can you take the abuse you get in a Gold match?! You don't like it -- leave. I can go out there tonight with the difficulty you got, make myself 15,000 points SOLO! Tonight! In two waves! Can you? Can you? Go and do likewise! C-N-M-R!! Get mad! You sons of bitches! Get mad!! You know what it takes to be a Vanguard?

brass-balls-gggr1.jpg

Baldwin: It takes brass balls to be a Vanguard.

Baldwin: Go and do likewise, gents. The targets are out there, you kill it, the points are yours. You don't--I have no sympathy for you. You wanna go out on those waves tonight and close, close, it's yours. If not you're going to be shining my shoes. Bunch of losers sitting around in a bar. (in a mocking weak voice) "Oh yeah, I used to be a Vanguard, it's a tough racket." (he pats a large stack of crates tied together with a big pretty ribbon) These are the new shotguns. These are the non-demo shotguns. And to you, they're gold. And you don't get them. Because to give them to you is just throwing them away. (he hands the stack to Hackett) They're for Chargers. I'd wish you good luck but you wouldn't know what to do with it if you got it. (to W33D42069 as he puts his Katana X back on his armor) And to answer your question, pal: why am I here? I came here because Systems Alliance HQ asked me to, they asked me for a favor. I said, the real favor, follow my advice and fire your fucking ass because a loser is a loser.
    (He stares at W33D42069 for a sec, and then picking up his briefcase, goes into inner office with Hackett)

that was fucking fantastic

I've never played ME and thought this was great. 5/5 brass balls.

• JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    I don't mind Babylon 5's CG at all. It just has some really stilted acting, writing, and mega-low-budget 90s TV production values.

I really liked it at the time and I'm really glad I was there to appreciate it when it was coming out but TV has advanced so much in the past ten years - not just with the shift to HD, but in terms of content and presentation and maturity - that B5 is really an artifact of a different age.

rRwz9.gif
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    It's a day off in France too. They like to splash on a bit of strike action too which is odd. How can you strike on a day off? Unless you're one of the few working I suppose.

All of these mysteries left unsolved!

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »
    bowen wrote: »

dude credit cards are like free money bro

I did see all of 1 person in there.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me

ianuw.gif

Feral wrote: »

ianuw.gif

Getting some uncanny valley vibes right here. D:

Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    It's a day off in France too. They like to splash on a bit of strike action too which is odd. How can you strike on a day off? Unless you're one of the few working I suppose.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2S6ZQn9lvk

rRwz9.gif
  • KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    I would like for Labour Day to have something more to it than it does, but in NZ it is in October and usually a holiday weekend. Don't they sometimes riot in the UK?

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • SparvySparvy Registered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »

Ah, the French and their strikes. So stereotypical. A French tractor blocking a freeway/public square is like right bellow berets and baguettes in level of frenchness

If your blood runs a bit more red than mine then there is usually some marches and speeches and waving of red flags going on over here in socialistan on may 1st.

• Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    In BC a dude bought his girlfriend a tandem ride in a hang glider as an anniversary present. He was on the ground taping it. Within 30 seconds of launching, she fell off the glider to her death.

Jesus.

• NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    I want to evaporate

This discussion has been closed.