As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Sean Bean was impaled in the making of this [CHAT]

• Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    I have more respect for the motherfuckers behind that Kickstarter scam then I do for that asshole trying to peddle his "Your World" shit.

Is there a Gang of Daggers Kickstarter? There really should be.

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Also the hakama is super fucking comfy and I kind of wish some of its design would enter modern style.

It is kind of funny that "modern style" is Western European. Not surprising though with the European supremacy for so long.

I always react to seeing people in suits and ties in scifi things.

Deus Ex: HR did interesting things with clothes design.

• NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    I have more respect for the motherfuckers behind that Kickstarter scam then I do for that asshole trying to peddle his "Your World" shit.

gang of daggers came out

google "persona 3"

• ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Elendil wrote: »
    i also feel like the nature of ME3 multi's gameplay strongly rewards burst damage vs. DPS

it's better to put one dude down fast so you're not being shot by him or his buddies, or have him dive behind cover

i dunno

they keep buffing autos, but i still see little reason to use them and i feel like the issue is probably more fundamental than weapon stats

It's why I like the Falcon. It's terrible in a sustained firefight but it two shots smaller mobs and I can take them out as a group.
    I'm actually with kakos on this one. Skirts are really comfortable.

We're gonna have to disagree here. I find the breeze from kilts/skirts/flirty dresses to be distracting and uncomfortable as hell.

• japanjapan Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    Arch wrote: »
    when I am getting snarky and post-structuralist i like to argue that the entrenched Ameri-european disdain for the kilt grows out of the negative social status the female gender occupies, and the inherent femme-phobia as a result of this behavior keeps people hatin' on "man-skirts"

but what do i know i study bugs

:bz

I hate dresses in general. They seem so impractical other than letting a nice draft waft over your nether regions.

Which is precisely why they are so comfortable when you're walking around a lot. You get proper ventilation to your crotch region and you don't get swamp ass or chafed thighs and all that shit.

Also traditionally pleated kilts put a useful quantity of insulating material around your lower body (most people are really surprised by how warm a kilt will keep you) while maintaining enough ventilation that you don't get sweaty.

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Instead of thinking about how aerated my balls are, think about how stuffed up your balls are, covered in a thin sheen of oil and sweet that has no place to escape, just building up in a thin film on your balls, on your taint, in your ass crack, etc.

Go on...

• Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I was cool with the utilikilt until you said that. Now you are forbidden by galactic sanctions from wearing it near me because all I will be thinking about is how aerated your balls are.

Instead of thinking about how aerated my balls are, think about how stuffed up your balls are, covered in a thin sheen of oil and sweet that has no place to escape, just building up in a thin film on your balls, on your taint, in your ass crack, etc.

• EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    11083939_ori.jpg

by golly let reagan be reagan

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    My paintball pants have built in crotch ventilation. They are far thicker and more padded than jeans but breathe 100 times better. It's amazing.

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Copier sez "Can't connect to SMTP server"

SMTP server logs show incoming connections from copier.

Fuck you, copier.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »
    11083939_ori.jpg

by golly let reagan be reagan

Hmm, Grace Jones.

• Form of Monkey!Form of Monkey! Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    My paintball pants have built in crotch ventilation. They are far thicker and more padded than jeans but breathe 100 times better. It's amazing.

Yeah, if your crotch can breathe, your body will stay cooler.

I tried to tell them that at the office. I tried to tell them all.

They'd ask me questions like "Why aren't you wearing pants?" and "Okay, so why aren't you wearing underwear, either?" but that just seems like many lifetimes and criminal indecency charges ago.

• BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    I like wearing a dress. Dresses are comfy.

• OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    YOUR WORLD has a story that is FOUR THOUSAND WORDS LONG. IT WILL BE THE BEST GAME EVER.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/120873716/your-world

• Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular

What is this Your World thing? And why is it so horrible?

• ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
  • OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    I was cool with the utilikilt until you said that. Now you are forbidden by galactic sanctions from wearing it near me because all I will be thinking about is how aerated your balls are.

Oily balls? What?!?

Is this really what you think life is like when you wear pants?! My balls are never sweaty unless I am A.) Running B.) It is 90+ degrees out.

Kakos, I am scared for what you think is going on with my taint! That shit is minty fresh.

• BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    ronya wrote: »

It was never taken in the first place. Money isn't taken from backers until the end of the backing period and only if it is fully funded.

No money is taken unless they reach their goal. So there are no processing fees.

• tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited April 2012

If it doesn't meet its goal, it gets refunded to the backers. I'm not sure if Amazon or Kickstarter take out their fees for processing before or after the kickstarter campaign ends, though.

But if it was successful, after the $80,000 was raised, it'd go right into a checking account, minus 5% for Kickstarter and 2-4% for Amazon fees.

tyrannus on

It is "A MMORPG Game built by gamer's, for gamer's and funded by gamer's. "

• nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    ladies

• NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular

Oily balls? What?!?

Is this really what you think life is like when you wear pants?! My balls are never sweaty unless I am A.) Running B.) It is 90+ degrees out.

Kakos, I am scared for what you think is going on with my taint! That shit is minty fresh.

yeah, seriously

• ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    BobCesca wrote: »

It was never taken in the first place. Money isn't taken from backers until the end of the backing period and only if it is fully funded.

ooh, that's pretty cool.

aRkpc.gif
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    tyrannus wrote: »

If it doesn't meet its goal, it gets refunded to the backers. I'm not sure if Amazon or Kickstarter take out their fees for processing before or after the kickstarter campaign ends, though.

But if it was successful, after the $80,000 was raised, it'd go right into a checking account, minus 5% for Kickstarter and 2-4% for Amazon fees.

What I hope is that Amazon/Kickstarter don't take their fees out of this, as a sort of sign of goodwill. "Yes, we know that scammers happen, we do not intend to profit off of them" etc etc

• JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod

41D5CT30WHL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

rRwz9.gif
    Here is the opening part of the Your World story. EPIC doesn't even begin to describe it.

A true utopia is not beyond your reach. It was once present, noble explorer, on the very ground you now stand on. It can be that way again, should you be brave enough.

It began in the Age of Ruin, when darkness overturned the light with but a whim and a gesture. Dark powers gathered quickly out of the void, enveloping this world in totality. The once great power that transcended such mundane names that the people would give it ruled with will alone. Its moniker, for it was neither male nor female, was only alluded to in whispers and fragments of a conversation. Our people, your people of ancestry, called it Thomen, which means the Death-Bringer in the ancient tongue.

This is how our world started, birthed in black fire and crimson rage. Our people were made for the slavery of Thomen, but it was not meant to last. A spark of hope was fanned by the people into a savior.

neckbeards all the way down

• spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    I am seriously going to try making a game.

Kinda afraid to speak it aloud but shit. I'm serious. Creating for a living would be a lot better than IT Managing, and I'll never know if I can unless I try to.

• tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    tyrannus wrote: »

What I hope is that Amazon/Kickstarter don't take their fees out of this, as a sort of sign of goodwill. "Yes, we know that scammers happen, we do not intend to profit off of them" etc etc

They won't take fees out just yet because there was no charges done.

but still though - I guess that's an easy bar for scams - look for a low dollar amount?

• Form of Monkey!Form of Monkey! Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »

Oily balls? What?!?

Perhaps you just have, you know, a lot of extra room in your pants.

SHOTS FIRED.

Elendil wrote: »
    i wonder if i should get RE4 on the xbox

haven't you beaten it like 47 times?

• ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular

how did this even get 20K in funding at all?

This guy is basically pitching Second Life

how did this even get 20K in funding at all?

This guy is basically pitching Second Life

A really shitty (well.. shittier) Second Life. It's just a mishmash of responses to things he dislikes in WoW, combined with vague promises of TRUE FREEDOM MMORPGING. This guy has the design chops of a 10 year old who just pissed himself on a WoW PvP server.

• ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    i wonder if i should get RE4 on the xbox

• EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    Gold Bond is incredible. Truly a quality of life enhancer.

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular

Oily balls? What?!?

Perhaps you just have, you know, a lot of extra room in your pants.

• JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Eddy wrote: »
    Gold Bond is incredible. Truly a quality of life enhancer.

It's like that biscuit ad from Prairie Home Companion. "Gives shy people the strength to get up and do what needs to be done."

rRwz9.gif
This discussion has been closed.