As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Battlefield 3] LOCK PLEASE

• That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    God, it's probably going to be the end of the year before we get our hands on the "big maps" DLC." As cool as the improved desruction is going to be for CQ, its still a bunch of maps I am not terribly interested in.

• 0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    I like the infantry combat enough to play it quite a bit. It's a good change of pace.

Armored Kill is going to have to be pretty amazing for me to give anything resembling a shit.

And we still have no idea what the hell End Game is. Dinosaurs.

u4OkoEI.png
    Endgame should be a 128v128 single map with theater nukes in each base. Every 10 minutes each side can launch a nuke. After the first launch everyone starts fighting in full MOPP 4 gear. You become more and more suppressed the longer you fight in the immediate fallout.

• Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    That_Guy wrote: »
    Endgame should be a 128v128 single map with theater nukes in each base. Every 10 minutes each side can launch a nuke. After the first launch everyone starts fighting in full MOPP 4 gear. You become more and more suppressed the longer you fight in the immediate fallout.

Battlefield 3: Hello, S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • TwistedJesterTwistedJester Registered User regular
    If endgame doesn't have something to do with this

FFwMI.jpg

I'm going to be severely disappointed

• wakkawawakkawa Registered User regular
    Some jungle maps would be totally rad. Transport choppers with no guns. No tanks, jeeps, or clear places to land.

Fast rope in. Parachutes get stuck in the trees.

• BlendtecBlendtec Registered User regular

FFwMI.jpg

urzId.jpg

Planetside 2 is going to be the next evolution of Battlefield if all works out. 1000 vs 1000 vs 1000 player battles with tanks, vtols, "jets", and everything. I really hope it turns out to be good.

• EvilMonkeyEvilMonkey Registered User regular
    Klyka wrote: »
    just had the worst experience:
    see my 13 year old nephew play BF3,decide to join his server.
    24/7 metro rush, 8 vs 8
    i am attackers and go assault. my team has 1 support and 6 recons!
    the enemy team a mix of recons and support
    no one moves up with me
    not once
    everyone snipes everyone forever
    after 3 minutes I just said "good server, have fun sniping and never seeing the points. bye"
    and left in disgust
    Had a round like this the other night. Went something like 2-20 and got MVP1. Apparently I was the only one in the server that knew where the first 4 MCOMs were. I decided to take a break from Battlefield after that one.

[PSN: SciencePiggy] [Steam]
  • InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular
    So, is it still worth it for someone to pick the game up now? Thread is a little quiet and some nice horrible server stories. :p

Origin for Dragon Age: Inquisition Shenanigans: Inksplat776
  • ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    wakkawa wrote: »
    Some jungle maps would be totally rad. Transport choppers with no guns. No tanks, jeeps, or clear places to land.

Fast rope in. Parachutes get stuck in the trees.

Perhaps new scopes. Maybe equip nightvision/thermal googles.

"Here is one. Favorite scene in Predator. GO!"

Archsorcerer on
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
  • MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    InkSplat wrote: »
    So, is it still worth it for someone to pick the game up now? Thread is a little quiet and some nice horrible server stories. :p

If you can play with at least a few PA guys more often than not, it would definitely be worth your time and money.

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
    Need mans on Mumble. Getting into some games.

Mulletude wrote: »

If you can play with at least a few PA guys more often than not, it would definitely be worth your time and money.

As long as you guys don't mind me being pretty terrible to start, then cool. Otherwise, I guess I'll be pubing it up for a while, ha.

• Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular

pubing it up

Hehehe, words.

Yeah, I play mostly for the social aspect of it. I'm not always the best player, but I try to pull my weight (and I do pull MVP pretty regularly). I'm more in it for the teamwork and laughs of exploding people with friends.

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636

As long as you guys don't mind me being pretty terrible to start, then cool. Otherwise, I guess I'll be pubing it up for a while, ha.

What system you gonna play on? PC has the 64 player glory and all the graphical pretties. that whore

• 0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    If allergies would be so kind as to stop fucking my face, I'd be on more often. As it is, two Benadryls errnight.

u4OkoEI.png

What system you gonna play on? PC has the 64 player glory and all the graphical pretties. that whore

PC. I played during beta and had fun, but got knifed a lot...and shot a lot :p

I just don't quuuuite have the aiming chops of a long-time FPSer. But I loved playing support because suppressing fire was something I could do well. :lol:

But playing with mostly pubs and with no voice chat, I just got killed a lot while alone, since I didn't have a good headset to hear people behind me.

Buuut I just picked up a pair of logitech g35s, do I will hopefully at least know when I'm about to be knifed :p

Been a long and hectic night. Thank you 360 dudebros for putting up with my rampant glitch abuse and general douchebaggery on the most glorious of domes.

• ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    np

Shooting down choppers with the tank feels so good.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
  • SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    Why haven't I seen any complaints about the ridiculous resupply rate of hand grenades?

• iRevertiRevert Tactical Martha Stewart Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Blendtec wrote: »

FFwMI.jpg

urzId.jpg

Battlefield32143_92729_screen.jpg

iRevert on
  • AvotirAvotir Registered User regular
    If allergies would be so kind as to stop fucking my face, I'd be on more often. As it is, two Benadryls errnight.

If you are having consistent pollen/hay-fever allergies, Benadryl is about the worst choice in allergy pill. Go get some Claritin or Zyrtec and take it every day for a week, see if that helps. Or at least some brand of chlor tab. Benadryl is the least likely to help seasonal allergies. Especially the sort you experience in a new location.

• iRevertiRevert Tactical Martha Stewart Registered User regular
    Avotir wrote: »

If you are having consistent pollen/hay-fever allergies, Benadryl is about the worst choice in allergy pill. Go get some Claritin or Zyrtec and take it every day for a week, see if that helps. Or at least some brand of chlor tab. Benadryl is the least likely to help seasonal allergies. Especially the sort you experience in a new location.

A bottle of nyquil a day keeps the consciousness away

Avotir wrote: »

Claritin doesn't do anything for me. Gonna get some prescription stuff.

u4OkoEI.png
  • GanluanGanluan Registered User regular
    Allergies used to wreck my shit until I was prescribed Flonase. It is the medicine of the gods.

I've been playing Recon more lately, and why is it that when you place a spawn beacon outside, it forces your squad to parachute down instead of spawning on it? Or is it just certain maps that cause that behavior?

• DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    Ganluan wrote: »
    Allergies used to wreck my shit until I was prescribed Flonase. It is the medicine of the gods.

I've been playing Recon more lately, and why is it that when you place a spawn beacon outside, it forces your squad to parachute down instead of spawning on it? Or is it just certain maps that cause that behavior?

Nope, that's how it always works.

So I guess it's best to just place it inside wherever possible.

• InsanityInsanity Registered User regular
    Any map with air vehicles causes parachuting onto beacons, I believe.

gBpkw.jpg
  • DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    So I guess it's best to just place it inside wherever possible.

Correct; there are a few places that sort of cheese this on certain maps; The hilltop on Caspian is a great example. Those buildings are destructible, but if you place the beacon on the foundation of a destroyed building, you spawn on the ground. Makes taking that point a heck of a lot easier.

I am sure you guys already saw, but the new version of http://symthic.com/ the BF3 weapon chart place is up. It helped me understand why the RPK-74M (Support gun) is so awesome at everything it does. According to the comparison, it may not have the lowest TTK, but the accuracy and spread plots put it above any other support gun. When deployed the RPK gets a little silly. With the 200 round "full moon" mag you can sit there and put a single hole into a target from 200 meters away, almost. It's crazy accurate both deployed and undeployed.

I don't know why, but I love the M240. I was doing some serious work with that thing on a bunch of different maps.

I don't know why, but I love the M240. I was doing some serious work with that thing on a bunch of different maps.

Deployed, it is better than the RPK. According to the site, it's the only gun with a tighter spread than the RPK. When you are just running around, it has a LOT more recoil and spread.

I must INSIST!

http://youtu.be/YRDJ_Jid2MQ

Imagine this, but with 2 or more people.

Satsumomo wrote: »
    I must INSIST!

http://youtu.be/YRDJ_Jid2MQ

Imagine this, but with 2 or more people.

You have to be full on every other type of ammo for them to resupply so quick.

Which is really quick anyways.

• JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    Handgrenades take forever. Nothing like bad company 2. Because your ammo has to be full its pretty much just standing around waiting to get shot.

I write you a story
    But it loses its thread
  • TwistedJesterTwistedJester Registered User regular
    That_Guy wrote: »

Deployed, it is better than the RPK. According to the site, it's the only gun with a tighter spread than the RPK. When you are just running around, it has a LOT more recoil and spread.
    Yeah, If I'm playing a map where I'm intending to hold a position rather than do assault duties, I used to always run with the M240B. When assaulting I used to run with the MG36 but the RPK is just bananas now with the 200 round mag.

• FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    The MG36 doesn't pack enough of a punch. I prefer the 7.62mm-based machine guns like the M60.