As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Sean Bean was impaled in the making of this [CHAT]

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    I just reach down into my pants and pull my balls from my thigh if it's that bad, fuck the haters.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Imma hang with Gooey and Jacob in the Gold Bond corner...

are YOU on the beer list?
  • wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    spool32 wrote: »
    I would work on a project but it'd take nearly $100,000 for any reasonable sized project just for me, 2-3 years at the least, full time.

What if you worked for free but I gave you stock options like whoa.

Hah people that work for like $20,000 a year and take stock options on a startup are insane.

options yes. Options are for suckers.

Actual stock, well it depends. That can work out very well indeed. But you need to be realistic about what actual chances the company has.

Plus my salary goes up for startups because there's about an 80% chance I'll be looking for work within 1-3 years.

You won't get that out of a start up. Stock yes, higher salaries then the industry average, no.

Problem is startups want breadth instead of depth of knowledge, so their needs and payscales need to represent that.

It's also one of the reasons startups fail. Sucks for them, I guess, they need to convince me to leave my job.

I think mostly startups would be looking for people willing to risk it to succeed. Not people that are happy enough at their current job. Plus, it's way harder to poach a content employee than a discontent one!

Psn:wazukki
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    I would work on a project but it'd take nearly $100,000 for any reasonable sized project just for me, 2-3 years at the least, full time.

Hah people that work for like $20,000 a year and take stock options on a startup are insane.

Actual stock, well it depends. That can work out very well indeed. But you need to be realistic about what actual chances the company has.

Plus my salary goes up for startups because there's about an 80% chance I'll be looking for work within 1-3 years.

You won't get that out of a start up. Stock yes, higher salaries then the industry average, no.

Problem is startups want breadth instead of depth of knowledge, so their needs and payscales need to represent that.

It's also one of the reasons startups fail. Sucks for them, I guess, they need to convince me to leave my job.

Actually they want both. They will prioritize breath over depth but there is a limit to how shallow your knowledge base is and still be useful. And generally the reasons start ups fail isn't a lack of in house technical knowledge but generally a lack of capital.

• OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    wazilla wrote: »
    ITT we powder our balls? What's next, stockings and wigs?

Powdered pubic wigs with ball stockings

Merkins.

• matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular

nibXTE7.png
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Looks like this movie actually has a decent budget. Big sets, and whatshisface that creepy French guy.

• KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    I wanted to post some images of rain plastered trousers but was afraid to GIS

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    desc wrote: »
    tyrannus wrote: »
    winky inspired me to finally really get serious about trying this
    does it mean my effort is doomed to incompleteness and failure y/n

Go go go

If I can take a stab at RPGMaker, you can do it

Where's my $30k for the project, kickstarter

I just love that the project has it so you can download the DIGITAL GAME AND THE DIGITAL SOUNDTRACK!! if you pledge $35.

edit: the game is basically $15 anyway. so an extra $20 gets you a soundtrack?

seriously this is just a bunch of hilarious bullshit. it might deliver, but it's so pumped up beyond what it really is that it's getting to be hilarious.

here's another one for you
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/274047326/zelda-vs-jesus?ref=live

What the

like, it's not the fact that it's 300% funded. they're showing progress, listing names, everything. he hasn't done anything before, but the rest sounds pretty much like what a kickstarter should be. but I just can't see how they'd wrack up $10,000 in expenses on this. it's opaque as shit. most of the kickstarter process is opaque.

at least when I donate to like, a charity, or something, I don't expect anything back and I can usually see a statement of expenses if it's a big charity.

tyrannus on
  • wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular

Psn:wazukki
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    Looks like this movie actually has a decent budget. Big sets, and whatshisface that creepy French guy.

Marcel Marceau?

Gérard Depardieu?

• matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular

Marcel Marceau?

nibXTE7.png

The epitome of decadence.

nibXTE7.png
  • TaminTamin Registered User regular

Thank you so very much for that terrifying mental image.

• GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »
    syndalis wrote: »
    Arch wrote: »
    i dont have a good framework though, but I miss all the monster raising games from the early days of the playstation

I kind of want to mix those style of games with something like spore

there was a monster game from the ps1 era

I never played it but it sounded amazing

it was like, you put a CD in the game or something, and it makes a custom monster based on the music on the CD

Are you fucking with us Skippy?

DO NOT FUCK WITH ME ABOUT MONSTER RANCHER

Someone should make a Bieber monster and a dubstep monster and make them fight

dubstep's move would be an elbow drop

That'd be quite a Wubset

it's a pretty good move to bass it on.

919UOwT.png
  • descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    The last time someone strongly endorse gold bonding my balls, I asked if he was on a lot of ecstasy and the answer was yes.

Actually they want both. They will prioritize breath over depth but there is a limit to how shallow your knowledge base is and still be useful. And generally the reasons start ups fail isn't a lack of in house technical knowledge but generally a lack of capital.

Hence the qualifier on my statement.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    The things I learn about guys through [chat] never ceases to amaze me...

• Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Any other boozers around?

I am buying one bottle tonight - should it be:
    Remy Martin VSOP
    Old Forrester bourbon
    Four Roses
    Evan Williams Single Barrel
    or Forty Creek double barrel select which is apparently a genuine premium canadian whiskey, weird as that sounds.

I vote: Not Remy Martin

That's not me being a snob -- there are just better products for right around the same price.

I will defer to other boozers on the other options.

huh, Podly recommended Remy Martin as a good cognac. It does cost 75 bucks here though.

I don't know much about brandy so i'm not sure what i would get for a nicer cognac.

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod

Marcel Marceau?

Gérard Depardieu?

Dominique Pinon.

It's a very tiny reason. Ranking under not enough snacks in the break room.

• NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    BobCesca wrote: »
    The things I learn about guys through [chat] never ceases to amaze me...

I think we just have some weirdos

I have never heard of this crazy testicle cream

When you don't hire for breadth of knowledge, you end up making yourself look like a fool.

lolwedon'thire.NETprogrammerscausethey'redumblol

• spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    I have heard of gold bond but never tried it. This could be the solution to a common problem I, and others blessed with generously proportioned man parts, often face.

• SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    What does gold bond smell like?

More importantly, what does it taste like.

• tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    gold bond powder is so refreshing

tyrannus on
    My startup is looking for bread knowledge. Know about breads? Welcome aboard.

It's a very tiny reason. Ranking under not enough snacks in the break room.

http://www.squidoo.com/starup_failures

I didn't mean breadth of technical knowledge, I just meant breadth of knowledge in general.

Breadth.

Welcome abread.

• OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    i heard you wanted breast knowledge and i came as fast as i could. also, i'm here now.

i would hope everyone has a breadth of knowledge

i mean, without it you would suffocate without one of those machines from the hospital or whatever

919UOwT.png
    I have heard of gold bond but never tried it. This could be the solution to a common problem I, and others blessed with generously proportioned man parts, often face.

try it in the summer

you will be a changed man

919UOwT.png
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    @sarksus I am certified in biscotti, is that acceptable

i would hope everyone has a breadth of knowledge

i mean, without it you would suffocate without one of those machines from the hospital or whatever

Wait, you're telling me I've been breathing on my own like a sucker, when there's a machine that can do it for me?

nibXTE7.png
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    cockney-atm.jpg

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    if you are male and you live anywhere that gets mildly warm and you do not use gold bond

...what the hell is wrong with you

My inability to sweat is legendary. It's actually kind of a thing. I have problems with dry skin in places a person should not have dry skin. :/

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
    Sarksus wrote: »

looking to get abread in this industry? roll with us!

(looking for hard workers, loafers need not apply)

rise to the challenge!

Breadth.

• skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote: »

looking to get abread in this industry? roll with us!

(looking for hard workers, loafers need not apply)

Summer vacation locked in. Austin TX. Now I just need to decide on a time between June and July.

This discussion has been closed.