As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Webcomics Thread: Archime Appreciation Edition

• Options
    HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    Edcrab wrote: »
    Please keep doing that, there can only be one

Yeah it's much easier to boycott a single edcrab over a whole bunch of 'em.

• Options
    .Tripwire..Tripwire. Firman Registered User regular
    You could sarcastically recount the joke of any comic strip and make it sound dumb!

Calvin FINALLY beat Hobbes in a game of CHECKERS
    He's super excited about it
    BUT WAIT
    The excitement DIES DOWN in Hobbes's indifference
    And then Calvin realizes the victory is like NOT EVEN a BIG DEAL
    HAWDY HAW HAW HAW

Get a real job Watterson

sigi_moe.pngsigi_deviantart.pngsigi_twitter.pngsigi_steam.pngsigi_tumblr.png
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    NOTE: I AM NOT SAYING OOTS IS UNDENIABLY POOP FROM A BUTT AND IF YOU LIKE IT YOU TOO ARE POOP.

But for me, a pure prose work has to keep its prose tight, or suffer. DC does that admirably, and as a writer, I wish I had half of North's ability.

Burlew, on the other hand, is very verbose, and it shows. Granted, OotS and DC are from two very different places, but when half your panel is one speech bubble, you could probably stand some economy of words that is abit less generous.

AGAIN: THIS IS NOT UNDENIABLY AN IMPARTIALLY BAD THING.

It's just something that turns ME off to OotS.

ME.

JUST ME.

THAT IS WHO I AM SPEAKING FOR, AND NOBODY ELSE.

WELL OKAY THEN

• Options
    Enc wrote: »
    Oh ho, so the dog DID eat it. And he got proof!
    BUT WAIT
    The proof showed that the student was NOT GOOD.
    And then the teacher puts an "F" note on the dog's poop!

ho ho ho
    ┻━┻ ︵ヽ(`Д´)ノ︵ ┻━┻
    Stop makin' bad comics!

You could sarcastically recount any comic strip and make it sound bad.

Calvin's dad sees ALL KINDS OF HORRIFIC snow sculptures
    Calvin is a TWISTED CHILD
    He made unsettling snow sculptures! STOP THE PRESSES
    BUT WAIT
    Calvin's dad comes in with the WITTY FUCKING OBSERVATION
    "You don't have enough to do"
    OH DADS, AM I RIGHT?

hawdy haw haw

Get a job, Watterson

• Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    Maybe it's just me, but even reading that with as much contempt as possible it still seems like a viable option for a comic. The first one is about as played out/stale as physically possible.

The guy who drew that has more talent than a lot of folk online. It makes my eye twitch to see people with talent waste it for lazy jokes.

• Options
    UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    that comic is stupid because the teacher is just describing grading the poop

if the punchline was that he randomly showed up and gave the kid an F it might be better

l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• Options
    UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    Ubik wrote: »
    that comic is stupid because the teacher is just describing grading the poop

if the punchline was that he randomly showed up and gave the kid an F it might be better

no it wouldn't

l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• Options
    just like this thread

l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• Options
    What I'm saying here is that my life is a perpetual cycle of disappointment and disillusionment, punctuated only by brief moments of contentment found in a good webcomic.

• Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    Firman, you're defending a lot of very poor comics as of late

Please keep in mind that they are not in your league and the law of Webcomics states you should be lambasting them

cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    Just with less time traveling, yes.

• Options
    JyrenBJyrenB St. AugustineRegistered User regular
    Ronnie, there isn't nearly enough anime in your argument.

osasbutton.png
    XBL: JyrenB ; Steam: Jyren ; Twitter
  • Options
    HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    OotS is POotS

duh duh DEAL WITH IT

704037589_15ed83c3a5.jpg

• Options

Please keep in mind that they are not in your league and the law of Webcomics states you should be lambasting them

I just want everyone to be friends and no feelings to be hurt and for there to be no wars and for everybody to have enough water to drink. Is this too much to ask of a webcomics thread? Not if we put our minds and our hearts together!

• Options
    JyrenBJyrenB St. AugustineRegistered User regular
    .Tripwire. wrote: »

I just want everyone to be friends and no feelings to be hurt and for there to be no wars and for everybody to have enough water to drink. Is this too much to ask of a webcomics thread? Not if we put our minds and our hearts together!

I dunno. Put our minds together too much and we'll get a giant brain and Futurama showed us how that works out.

osasbutton.png
    XBL: JyrenB ; Steam: Jyren ; Twitter
  • Options
    HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    JyrenB wrote: »
    Ronnie, there isn't nearly enough anime in your argument.

FINE

matsushiro_ken.jpg

• Options
    maritzacmaritzac Registered User regular
    not me, I want to see blood

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Skull Man wrote: »
    I had a similar thing with 8bit

something that takes only a couple minutes to read three times a week is a hard 8-year-long habit to break

it took at least three years of concentrated boring for me to finally give up on PvP

• Options

One day you will realize that idealism is the first step on getting your heart mauled to death slowly by the world. You will watch as your dreams are slowly consumed or corrupted by those around you until you question if they were ever there to begin with. Slowly, ever so slowly, it will dawn upon you that in all of the years you have been working to realize your dream that all you have to show for it are regrets and something that looks like a poor, twisted abomination of what you wanted to come to pass in the first place. Then your heart will close and you will realize that this world is truly a terrible place, full of nothing but fields of mediocrity punctuated by tiny saplings of greatness that are quickly consumed by the choking envy of those that grow around them. You will dwell upon this as your driver takes you across the world of your dreams, now barren, and drops you off at your final resting place, a great twisted mansion of grief and bitterness, just as the evening hours and the fading sun falls behind the sun scorched hills. As you dismiss your driver, you will approach this barren land of broken dreams, finally you are there. And you will sit upon the throne of your own wretched regrets as the prince of bel aire.

• Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    2012-04-29-2012-29-04.png

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Firman is a romantic and idealist. I have no idea how he retained this attitude through years of acquaintance with the other gangbunchers. It's a testament to his purity of heart.

• Options

I wrote a character like this once but then he became a reality-warping supervillain who wanted to share death with everyone

As is... so often the case

cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    Perhaps, with persistence, he might restore our faith and lead us to be better people with his delightful comics.

A chosen one, if you will.

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    yes, Enc. yes.

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    So did I swing too far to the other side on this one?

I mean, I'm trying NOT to fall into an old fallacy like I did before with OotS discussion, but I feel like I'm being unintentionally obnoxious.

Again.

you're alright, RMED. You can relax now. Take comfort in the fact that while you're still wrong about OotS, at least you're not a dick about it.
    I couldn't resist

• Options
    edited April 2012
    someone post the 95 Webcomic Theses

Ubik on
    l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    crwth wrote: »

i like this

is there more

• Options
    WhytherWhyther Registered User regular
    Enc wrote: »
    Perhaps, with persistence, he might restore our faith and lead us to be better people with his delightful comics.

A chosen one, if you will.

He will lead the great reformation of the Webcomique faith.

I will follow you, Firman. I will be a Firmaniac.

• Options
    ubik love gary

l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    Ubik wrote: »
    someone post the 95 Webcomic Theses

#1-95

6qZVO.gif

• Options
    Beasteh wrote: »
    crwth wrote: »

i like this

is there more
    http://korvapuusti.com/

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    BerkBerk THE BUDGIE SMUGGLER Registered User regular
    if anyones curious at the warrior in todays comic its based on this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lewis_chessmen

look at that l'il beserker biting his shield!

sig-1.jpg
  • Options
    Hah I thought I recognised him

You do the beserkergang proud

cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    I started doodling about my seemingly infinite comic story ideas again.

tumblr_m3b9nxekj51rsrynko1_500.jpg
    Monster's Origin ^ about a guy and his family that move into a devil's house, which the devil uses as a gate to unleash monsters like Jason or Chucky upon the world. He gets trapped inside as a SWAT team surrounds the place thinking he has taken his family hostage. It has some RICH TWISTS.

tumblr_m3b9nxekj51rsrynko2_500.jpg
    Obsolescence ^ an elderly member of organized crime realizes the dirt he was typically assigned is more frequently delegated to younger members, and his boss wants him to retire. His resistance to aging culminates in reckless rampaging that tests his gang's willingness to protect him, and his own ability to survive against young gung-ho cops.

• Options
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    firman please do every idea you have ever forever

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    rfilyaw wrote: »
    OotS is POotS

duh duh DEAL WITH IT

704037589_15ed83c3a5.jpg

I love that some parent has clearly forced sunglasses upon their shrieking, wailing infant for internet humour purposes

Hobnail on
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    holy SHIT what is up with that MoJ belly button? It's like a portal to another dimension.

• Options
    moonoverjune_0265.jpg

and in the next strip, summer practices safe oral sex!

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    crwth retweeted me

i've made it in this internet world

This discussion has been closed.