As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Legend of Korra: PANIC!!!! Episode 4 Is Uploaded!!!!

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    Seriously wrote: »
    indoctrinat wait wrong thread

i'm dying

• Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    slowly making my way through the original series
    I was so disappointed in the ending to the great divide at first

what a silly plot contrivance, I thought

which was intentional because Aang made it all up

so good

• Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    BugBoy wrote: »
    slowly making my way through the original series
    I was so disappointed in the ending to the great divide at first

what a silly plot contrivance, I thought

which was intentional because Aang made it all up

so good

wait till you get to ember island players in season 3

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    PiotyrPiotyr Power-Crazed Wizard SilmariaRegistered User regular
    Episode 4 is now up on nick's site.

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Piotyr wrote: »

Excellent, now to watch Gaston barge his way into Tenzin's home. Shouldn't the guards have had a whistle alert for douche-bag on approach?

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Skull Man wrote: »
    Dichotomy wrote: »
    love the intros now

none of that time-wasting bullshit

just THIS IS AVATAR, THIS IS WHAT HAPPENED LAST TIME, GO

yep

also man how irritating must it have been for aang to have that one time he ran into a statue on his air scooter be immortalized and brought up again and again as OH HE'S GOT A LOT TO LEARN BEFORE HE'S READY TO SAVE ANYBODY

she brought that shit up sixty times

and he saved a bunch of people in the first episode!

this was especially hilarious in the finale episodes

BUT I BELIEVE AANG CAN SAVE THE WORD

cut to Aang cowering inside a rock

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    KrieghundKrieghund Registered User regular

Excellent, now to watch Gaston barge his way into Tenzin's home. Shouldn't the guards have had a whistle alert for douche-bag on approach?

Tenzin's shrug at Pema was pretty classic, lol.

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Okay. This was from.. jeez, 10? 20 pages ago?

People were talking about a theory RE: The end of the 4th episode..
    That the vision we saw was of the Earth Chakra being unlocked.

So I just started reading the wiki on the Chakras, and how the Guru described them.

Check this:

The 6th Chakra, "Anja"
    Guru Pathik began by explaining that the greatest illusion of the world was the one of separation; things thought to be separate and different were in fact one and the same. Aang instantly connected this concept with the four nations, and Pathik told him that every individual was part of one collective people, yet lived as if separated. Aang realized that Pathik was saying that everyone was connected, thus making divisions meaningless. Pathik continued to explain that even the separation of the four elements was an illusion, as they are four parts of the same whole. He then continued by stating that even metal was simply refined and purified earth, concurrent with Toph's discovery of metalbending elsewhere.

Deals with Insight, Blocked by Illusion. Location? The Forehead.

The Amon point is somewhere on the head - I think the picture showed it at the base of the neck? I can't remember where that was linked...

But this Chakra seems to be an emodiment of the series so far, including how Amon is blocking it. In fact, I don't think he really can block the Avatar's chi.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »
    Okay. This was from.. jeez, 10? 20 pages ago?

People were talking about a theory RE: The end of the 4th episode..
    That the vision we saw was of the Earth Chakra being unlocked.

So I just started reading the wiki on the Chakras, and how the Guru described them.

Check this:

The 6th Chakra, "Anja"
    Guru Pathik began by explaining that the greatest illusion of the world was the one of separation; things thought to be separate and different were in fact one and the same. Aang instantly connected this concept with the four nations, and Pathik told him that every individual was part of one collective people, yet lived as if separated. Aang realized that Pathik was saying that everyone was connected, thus making divisions meaningless. Pathik continued to explain that even the separation of the four elements was an illusion, as they are four parts of the same whole. He then continued by stating that even metal was simply refined and purified earth, concurrent with Toph's discovery of metalbending elsewhere.

Deals with Insight, Blocked by Illusion. Location? The Forehead.

The Amon point is somewhere on the head - I think the picture showed it at the base of the neck? I can't remember where that was linked...

But this Chakra seems to be an emodiment of the series so far, including how Amon is blocking it. In fact, I don't think he really can block the Avatar's chi.

You want scary, look at what that subject is called.

Spoiler alert!

• Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    Krieghund wrote: »

Tenzin's shrug at Pema was pretty classic, lol.

Yeah, Tarlokk's all "It's against air-bender culture not to invite a guest for dinner."

And Tenzin's all "Well shit, you got me there *shrug*."

• Options
    MetroidZoidMetroidZoid Registered User regular
    she's lost her edge

upon being promoted to Chief she immediately went past her prime
    all those years bending a desk have made her soft

She is too old for this shit

9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
    3DS FC: 4699-5714-8940 Playing Pokemon, add me! Ho, SATAN!
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Chief Bei Fong in action is going to be nothing less than amazing, or I will eat Dichotomy's hat

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    How do we know so much about airbender culture...didn't all the airbenders get murdered in the first series?

g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
  • Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Aang was a part of airbender culture for ~11ish years, presumably when he had his airbending son he passed it on

also, books

Seriously on
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Man Lin doing the "I'm watching you" motion was totally lost on me until literally right now

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    i think it's interesting that there's air nomad acolytes living on air temple island

who dress like air nomads and seem to embrace the culture

but they're not ethnically air nomads (since, y'know, genocide and all that)

so they're people who decided the air nomad culture and beliefs are really neat and wanted to join up with that?

that's interesting

• Options
    Well an air nomad did totally save the shit out of the entire world

and people have joined a new belief system for less than that

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    in my head air peoples migrated from temple to temple getting into adventures/trouble/young farm girls'/boys' beds

• Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    Pony wrote: »
    i think it's interesting that there's air nomad acolytes living on air temple island

who dress like air nomads and seem to embrace the culture

but they're not ethnically air nomads (since, y'know, genocide and all that)

so they're people who decided the air nomad culture and beliefs are really neat and wanted to join up with that?

that's interesting

Yeah that is neat. That plus the breaking-down of national barriers within Republic City definitely points to this being a more secular time period or at least a more secular urban culture.

• Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    rebellious fire nation teens all "fuck you mom and dad, I'm gonna run away and become an airbender"

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    UrscaUrsca Registered User regular
    Seems weird that they managed to hunt down every single member of a nomadic culture but I imagine the tattoos were a bit of a giveaway.

• Options
    QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
  • Options
    QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    Ursca wrote: »
    Seems weird that they managed to hunt down every single member of a nomadic culture but I imagine the tattoos were a bit of a giveaway.

you know for as much as they were called nomads

fully none of their culture seemed nomadic

they lived in permanent, well established settlements and had a regimented society

sorta the opposite of nomadic, really

• Options
    they set up traveling carnivals featuring animal rides as traps

• Options

I dont think they were really that nomadic? Maybe they moved between all 4 temples a lot

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »

I dont think they were really that nomadic? Maybe they moved between all 4 temples a lot

Yeah, the art book explanation is that they didn't inhabit all of the air temples at the same time, they flew in between them as the seasons changed

mind you this doesn't quite follow since there are some lines of text in the show where aang seems like he's talking about being raised in just one temple

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular

they lived in permanent, well established settlements and had a regimented society

I was gonna say, yeah

at no point are we given any reason to think the air nomads are actually nomadic

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    The Air Nomads aren't called that because they didn't live anywhere, but because they travelled a lot.

It may have been that they mostly just saw the world in trips between temples, but I got the impression that they made effort to venture out to see the world as much as possible.

It makes sense. They had no real land outside of the temples, and would by nature wish to explore and see what's out there.

Air is the element of freedom, after all.

I imagine the temples were, for many Airbenders, not so much their constant home, but rather the place they would always come back to between their travels.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular

i always had the impression that, even though they lived and trained primarily in the temples, the traveled around the world often

which is why Aang had a bunch of friends in every nation and also knew about all kinds of interesting places like Kyoshi Island and that place with the musical prairie dogs

• Options
    UrscaUrsca Registered User regular
    I figured the sky bison had to move around a bit, but yeah, now you mention it, nothing like that was really shown.

Do we know where the new sky bison at air temple island are from? Did they just find some relict population living in the wild and repopulate them from that?

• Options
    edited May 2012
    Weren't Aang and Abba from different air temples or do I remember that incorrectly?

I feel like we got the abba selection flashback at a different temple than the one he grew up in

Seriously on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    I figured the sky bison had to move around a bit, but yeah, now you mention it, nothing like that was really shown.

Do we know where the new sky bison at air temple island are from? Did they just find some relict population living in the wild and repopulate them from that?

yeah.

• Options
    Weren't Aang and Abba from different air temples or do I remember that incorrectly?

abba was from sweden

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    ABBA YIB YIB

• Options
    HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular

abba was from sweden

Yeah, but that's a completely different air temple.

• Options
    edited May 2012

Isn't abba from canada?

Also aang said he was raised at the one air temple and appa was hanging out with the skybison

I dunno

Having the buddhist/tibet/whatever analogue be the Air Nomads rather than just the Air People is more fun

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options

abba was from sweden

go to jail

go to hell

just

go away

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited May 2012

I feel like we got the abba selection flashback at a different temple than the one he grew up in

Appa.

And yeah, I believe Appa was from the western or eastern temple, since it was a woman who took care of him and the men/women lived in the north & south/east & west temples, respectively.

edit; Apparently the Sky Bison were raised in the Eastern air temple, specifically.

http://avatar.wikia.com/wiki/Appa#Early_life

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    appa did not invent the isosceles lock

0BnD8l3.gif
This discussion has been closed.