As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

New batman Thread *Big Spoiler

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    http://www.thedarkknightrises.com/

New viral stuff is starting up

The site has real-world locations to go to and find bat-shaped graffiti like this
    2z6z7fr.jpg

"Submit photographic evidence of graffiti related to any movement in support of the vigilante's return. Make sure that location services or store location is on in your camera settings. Report any and all information pertaining to the investigation to the designated contact (#tdkr07202012 or tdkr07202012@gothampolicedepartment.com)"

edited April 2012
    I forgot to mention that doing this apparently unlocks images from the new trailer, I guess?

here are some of them

http://www.comingsoon.net/nextraimages/tdkrtrailerstillslarge.jpg

Grey Ghost on
  • BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    Can we talk about Young Justice in this thread because holy shit, Young Justice last week was awesome.

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • SenorTacosSenorTacos Registered User regular
    Bedigunz wrote: »
    Can we talk about Young Justice in this thread because holy shit, Young Justice last week was awesome.

Yes it was. Of course it's a little bit confusing how they moved forward 5 years and a couple episodes back just dropped in a new character without explanation. But this show is really great. It's nice to see a kid's show that is more complex and doesn't shy away from more adult plots.

• BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    I'm hoping there will be flashbacks to the
    skipped 5 years--especially since we're missing Artemis, Kid Flash, Red Arrow, and Aqualad.

Having Zatanna and Rocket on the JL makes sense though and I'm okay with them being promoted.

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5VDDJlsD6I&feature=player_embedded

New Trailer
    goddamn it really looks like they are going to kill Bruce and have JGL take over

CYpGAPn.png
  • Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    Who is JGLs character anyway

Just a regular cop?

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Who is JGLs character anyway

Just a regular cop?
    As far as we know, yeah.
    He gets assigned as Wayne's bodyguard by the GCPD so he probably figures out the secret identity.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    Ah
    That would explain it

• GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Blankzilla wrote: »

New Trailer
    goddamn it really looks like they are going to kill Bruce and have JGL take over

I guess they didn't bother to have Bale polish up his batman voice at all.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    honestly the Balevoice doesn't bug me at all anymore. At least not as much as having Bane's bits obviously dubbed in.

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Wow.
    So we've got Bane and No Man's Land going on here, huh?

I'm even more curious now what Catwoman's role is in this

can I just say I love Anne Hathaway and anyone who doesn't think she's good for Selina at this point is dumb and wrong

• ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Goatmon wrote: »
    I guess they didn't bother to have Bale polish up his batman voice at all.
    Supposedly Batman hasn't been around for years, so it makes sense that it'd still be rough. He hasn't been Batman for a while.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    Wow.

can I just say I love Anne Hathaway and anyone who doesn't think she's good for Selina at this point is dumb and wrong

yeah, her line delivery is spot on, and the snippets of her in action look pretty damn good.

• Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular

New Trailer
    What's the first sentence Bane says? I can't decipher his last word. That said, the trailers continue to be awesome.

• nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular

New Trailer

That isn't my reading.
    Maybe at the very end. But it looks more like Bruce gets captured tortured and left alive, broken and Gordan and whatsisface convince him to get back in the game.

Quire.jpg
  • ProhassProhass Registered User regular

New Trailer
    What's the first sentence Bane says? I can't decipher his last word. That said, the trailers continue to be awesome.

Im Gotham's reckoning.

also Bale sounds way clearer, especially in the "not yet" bit.

• Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Prohass wrote: »

New Trailer

Im Gotham's reckoning.

also Bale sounds way clearer, especially in the "not yet" bit.

Thanks.

OH GOD YESSSSSSSSSSSS

• ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    The "not yet" bit sounds like he's speaking without the bat-voice.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    am I the only one that finds that trailer kind of boring

maybe because it's so quiet

PNk1Ml4.png
  • TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    For a second there, I thought his hovercraft was going to make the Transformers sound after he made that quip about it not being a car.

TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
  • ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    I am ready for Batman to die.

Nolan, give me a Greek tragedy.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    god, just

how did they make three movies without anybody realizing how stupid that voice is

0BnD8l3.gif
    Its probably because its not really that stupid/bad?

no it is definitely an awful voice that is dumb and bad

PNk1Ml4.png
    oh ok

Wow.

This isn't even the first Catwoman she's played. In a manner of speaking.

-Tal wrote: »
    am I the only one that finds that trailer kind of boring

maybe because it's so quiet

Yeah, the trailers haven't really won me over.

I think it's because I know it will be almost impossible to be as good/better than the last film.

I really liked this trailer

It set the tone of despair really well

I will probably like this more because it at least looks like a Batman movie

Dark Knight focused so much on Harvey and Gordon and Joker that Batman felt like a side character

PNk1Ml4.png
    Also, JGL
    is hella gonna be NewBats

He practically was a side character.

Hell, he was more interesting as Bruce.

All the big Batman scenes are entertaining for the other characters involved with them.

It's like batman was a big scoop of vanilla ice cream, with Dent and Joker and Gordon sprinkles all over it.

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Also, JGL
    totes betting he's gonna be robin

Local H Jay on
    I really liked this trailer

It set the tone of despair really well

Yeah, I don't need another Transformers/Battleship Explodorama trailer thanks.

Not that there haven't been explosions in the Batman trailers, but the quiet soundtrack laid over the destruction suggests that the explosions are not just for the sake of exploding things, but are visual symbols of underlying shit going on or something. There's clearly more to Bane than "look what I can blow up."

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    I have never found bale's batvoice grating or hard to understand and I am confused by all the people that do

edited May 2012
    he's just trying way too hard with it and it comes off as silly

like it's something that Batman might try as a rookie but then eventually develop a more confident, yet still menacing voice

but no, he still has it

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
    Also, JGL
    totes betting he's gonna be robin

I hope not

• FAQFAQ Registered User regular
    goddd damnnn

• nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    he's just trying way too hard with it and it comes off as silly

like it's something that Batman might try as a rookie but then eventually develop a more confident, yet still menacing voice

but no, he still has it

Nah.

You know what's really stupid? That anytime this movie gets brought up we spend pages bitching about the voice.

It's there get over it.

Quire.jpg
This discussion has been closed.