As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Chat]nequa don't live here no mo'

• Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    edited May 2012
    DMAC wrote: »
    There was a point when the critiques were harsh but fair and constructive and then they reached a point where everyone was just rushing to be the first to say how much something sucked without bringing anything helpful to the table. It got so bad that I hated posting anything here because it was just intensely negative all the time.

Things have mellowed but they've almost mellowed too much since nobody wants it to get back to that vicious sniping level again.

Maybe we should just have a die roll system: 5 times out of 6 you post a helpful, well thought-out critique, then 1 out of 6 times you have to call the person you're addressing, say, a boil-encrusted unlovable thundercunt and tell them that you've seen better construction on the dams of mentally-challenged beavers.

You know, so it's regulated.

EDIT:
    Well.

Here's a post that I really wish wasn't TOTP.

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • lyriumlyrium Registered User regular
    AWMAN there was a sketch a forumer thread while I was gone! In the last one I was trying to draw every single person (and a lot of you ended up in a little show, haha). Whelp, looks like I have some catching up to do...

• TamTam Registered User regular
    hey it's Lyrium
    look everyone it's Lyrium
    hi Lyrium!

• lyriumlyrium Registered User regular
    Hey Tam!
    Maybe I'll draw you first, except you aren't dancing in your picture and you have no blue cap on and... well it's really throwing me off.

• TamTam Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    yeah sorry
    I've been overstating my cuteness with this avatar

Tam on
  • NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    I approve of Bacon's DnD styled moderation.

mostly because I approve of a 1 in 5 chance of being called a thundercunt.

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    Woohoo new boots that I can't afford.
    Still the wafer thin barrier on my current boots between the dainty soles of my feet and the harsh reality of nature demanded new ones.

Nappuccino wrote: »

Fuck you it's 1 in 6. I'm not scrambling around to find some weird ass 5 sided die just for this.

If you want a more likely chance of being called a thundercunt (or maybe less...I don't know how your IRL conversations generally go), you're going to have to go buy me a 5-sided thundercunt die just for the purpose, thundercunt.

• PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    I want a thundercunt die.

Also, I joined in 2007, and then it took me a year to mosey on over to the AC. So I missed all the fun stuff.

steam_sig.png
    edited May 2012
    Nappuccino wrote: »

Fuck you it's 1 in 6. I'm not scrambling around to find some weird ass 5 sided die just for this.

If you want a more likely chance of being called a thundercunt (or maybe less...I don't know how your IRL conversations generally go), you're going to have to go buy me a 5-sided thundercunt die just for the purpose, thundercunt.

It totally exists, allegedly

5sideddie.jpg

edit: freaking drafts posting things I don't want posted...

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/

• DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    Did you just watch Blade: Trinity or something, AOB? Jesus.

(Hi AC!)

Did you just watch Blade: Trinity or something, AOB? Jesus.

(Hi AC!)

W...what? All I remember about that movie was a vampire running around stealing a baby and Dracula running around calling himself "Drake" and I think he might have been like doing Shredder cosplay at one point. What am I missing, here?

• .Tripwire..Tripwire. Firman Registered User regular
    I'm guessing Ryan Reynolds said thundercunt or something of the ilk in the movie, but don't remember it too well either.

sigi_moe.pngsigi_deviantart.pngsigi_twitter.pngsigi_steam.pngsigi_tumblr.png
    edited May 2012
    .Tripwire. wrote: »
    I'm guessing Ryan Reynolds said thundercunt or something of the ilk in the movie, but don't remember it too well either.

Ok, I'm totally ok not remembering that if that was the case, I was just wondering if "thundercunt" was somehow like a major part of the plot and I forgot about it somehow, like that was the name of one of the baddies and there was a 15 minute sequence involving Wesley Snipes dodging lightning bolts being shot out of a vampire's magic death crotch.

I'm not saying that I want that to be the case, I'm just sayin' it seems like the kind of thing that I ought to be able to remember.

Angel_of_Bacon on
    Are those blade movies as terrible as they look?

I like Ryan Reynolds, but his comedy generally seems off to me. Must be a crush.

• KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    I like Ryan Reynolds, but his comedy generally seems off to me. Must be a crush.

Ryan_Reynolds_blade32.jpg

Yup. Definitely a crush. He's the only reason I ever sat through that movie. And that instance of the word "thundercunt" was the first and only time I've ever heard it used.

I would nestle in his bosom.
    "Hey, want to hear a wisecra-"
    "Shh"
    I lay my finger across his lips.
    This is all in a very heterosexual manner, of course.

Just give his belly a lil lick. Nothin not-hetero about that, don't worry. I officially say it's alright to tongue bathe him.

I've seen Ryan Reynolds in movies. The only impression I've gotten from him from his performances or people talking about him is that he is a guy with abs.
    Yup. Definitely a crush. He's the only reason I ever sat through that movie. And that instance of the word "thundercunt" was the first and only time I've ever heard it used.

I guess I need to reach further for my purposefully ridiculous and meaningless, yet still probably relatively offensive insults next time.

No homo.

Yeah, good luck with that. :D

Ryan Reynolds is actually a really funny guy when he's not doing terrible movies.

I actually come off as pretty gay because I've never dated, and talk about guys I find attractive a lot. So my mom is always trying to reassure me that it's okay, and that ends up being a waste of parental gay tolerance.
    I specifically avoid talking about ladies I find attractive because that seems... creepy, or something.

And then there's that I'm terrible at drawing ladies so I tend to mostly draw males.

Kochikens wrote: »
    Just give his belly a lil lick. Nothin not-hetero about that, don't worry. I officially say it's alright to tongue bathe him.

Hah! I was going to post this but backed off of it! His abs look positively buttery.

There's nothing creepy about talking about a girl you find attractive. The creepy part only kicks in when you drive along side her during her morning commute and make obscene gestures with your hands.

Hah! I was going to post this but backed off of it! His abs look positively buttery.

I prefer tummies and chests with a bit of or a lot of fuzz on em though. Especially when hes sporting a massive fucking beard
    then no chest hair???

just throws me off

• JeckalHydeJeckalHyde Lord Awesome New ZealandRegistered User regular
    I actually come off as pretty gay because I've never dated, and talk about guys I find attractive a lot. So my mom is always trying to reassure me that it's okay, and that ends up being a waste of parental gay tolerance.
    I specifically avoid talking about ladies I find attractive because that seems... creepy, or something.

And then there's that I'm terrible at drawing ladies so I tend to mostly draw males.

Your not the only one, i talk about the same shit, when with guys its about chicks and when is with girls i give them my opinion about it., if asked.
    and yes i draw guys cos when i draw a lady they end up looking like guys, hehe.

If I find a lady attractive, then I feel guilty about objectifying and oppressing women. I hate being resented for being a straight white dude, so I'm always nervous now about saying the wrong things or feeling the wrong feelings. It's unproductive and stressful.

I prefer tummies and chests with a bit of or a lot of fuzz on em though. Especially when hes sporting a massive fucking beard
    then no chest hair???

just throws me off

Yeah, same.

If I find a lady attractive, then I feel guilty about objectifying and oppressing women. I hate being resented for being a straight white dude, so I'm always nervous now about saying the wrong things or feeling the wrong feelings. It's unproductive and stressful.

Quit it.

I have a friend that always is making comments like, "hey that girl's pretty hot" and I have to whirl my head around to try to spot who the hell he's talking about before they duck behind a bush or something. (I'm guessing that's what they do, I never seem to be able to actually spot these rare creatures before they disappear from view.) I mean, when I'm walking along I'm never going along scanning random crowds for women, so I don't know if his behavior indicates that A) he's being somewhat creepy by being over-attentive or B) he's normal, and I'm some kind of freakish pseudo-asexual.

White, Male and Straight?

052710_reddeadredemption_obs01--article_image.jpg

I also really don't like talking about the ladies I like... Well, I should say, I mean that I don't like talking about the features of the women I like.

I don't mind talking to my friends about who I like... but I try to keep it to more like personality things.

edited May 2012
    I think there's a difference between saying you find a lady attractive and having it be so that whenever a woman, any woman, is brought up in conversation, the first thing that is discussed are her looks. I mean, the fact that when you start talking to someone about condoleezza rice one of the very first things out of someone's mouth is usually how hot they think she is or isn't is kinda disturbing. Same goes for actresses vs. actors, being judged often on their attractiveness rather than their ability to act. I know I myself am guilty of this and I always try to check myself for it but

with ryan reynolds his acting is just so bad sometimes I'd rather forget

Kochikens on
  • FugitiveFugitive Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    It's weird that we had pages of AC nostalgia without someone dropping a link to The Artchive

[Edit] Sorry what I meant to say is Ryan Reynolds has kind of a hilarious face.

Fugitive on
    edited May 2012
    I know a guy who quantifies people's worth based on their looks. Particularly with women, but also with men. While explaining why a certain character in a movie or game is compelling, he will often say something like "He just looks like a nice kid" or "something something huge tits".

Reeeaaally annoying.

DirtyDirtyVagrant on
    Whether you like it or not, someones atractiveness is the first basis you have to go on when judging their character.
    It's a base reaction and to place any level of shame upon it is something that is wrong in my opinion. It's like beating your dog for chasing a wounded bird and the same reason that cool guys like Napp and Mike have issues when talking about girls.

he will often say something like "He just looks like a nice kid" or "something something huge tits".

...not both referring to the same character, I hope. D:

This discussion has been closed.