As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Trailers] Solidifying Iron-Clad Opinions in 2:30 or Less

• PailryderPailryder Registered User regular
    i can't help but think that the approach to prometheus is "a whole bunch of this new generation and/or older generation probably never saw aliens, so let's make a trailer as if they had never seen aliens and it will be cool". I mean consider what that trailer looks like if you didn't know prometheus was a prequel.

• TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    Clean up what you're trying to say a bit, I am confused.

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • toxk_02toxk_02 Registered User regular
    Last trailer for 'The Dark Knight Rises' just dropped, 1080p

http://pdl.warnerbros.com/wbmovies/thedarkknightrises/three/rise3_1080.mov

OTP.jpg
  • Delta AssaultDelta Assault Registered User regular
    Trailer's out! Woooooooooot!

• KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    oh shit

DOWNLOAD FASTER

Here's the streaming one

http://tdkr07202012.com/

• KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    streaming is for people who will only watch it once or twice!

edited May 2012
    And here's the youtube one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8evyE9TuYk

Delta Assault on
  • LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    I'm kind of underwhelmed. Which I don't like.

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
    what?!

mofucker that is how you make a trailer. Nolan and the Prometheus guys have been killing it this year.

• reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    Did his Batman voice somehow get worse? Jesus.

• So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    I still don't like how catwoman is styled :(

"Not everything. Not yet."

Love that line. Catwoman sounded great too.

John Blake looks to have a pretty hefty role in the movie, just going by that trailer.

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    I might just wait until I see this on Friday in the theaters.

• MetroidZoidMetroidZoid Registered User regular
    And all the Bane doubters were hushed with a single trailer.

I had no issues understanding Bane. He sounds pure villainous.

9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
    3DS FC: 4699-5714-8940 Playing Pokemon, add me! Ho, SATAN!
    it sounds like his lines in the trailers were dubbed over or cleaned up or something. I don't care, I liked his sound before, still sounds great.

• nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    reVerse wrote: »
    Did his Batman voice somehow get worse? Jesus.

What?

No!

Quire.jpg
  • polaris314polaris314 Registered User regular
    Just watched the trailer (twice). The Avengers buzz had made me all but forget it was coming. You have my attention again, Mr. Nolan.

steam_sig.png
    XBL/PSN-Polaris314/Twitter/DJ P0LARI5
  • Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    KalTorak wrote: »
    it sounds like his lines in the trailers were dubbed over or cleaned up or something. I don't care, I liked his sound before, still sounds great.

I could have sworn I saw an earlier trailer where Bane speaks and it just sounds like what you would expect a guy trying to talk through that much mask to sound like (not good).

So I would bet money they did some work on it in post.

• NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    I'm almost certain Nolan said they were cleaning up the vocals. But I hope they make it feel more like Bane is speaking in a room with acoustics instead of a studio where sound is completely isolated.

Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Nappuccino wrote: »
    I'm almost certain Nolan said they were cleaning up the vocals. But I hope they make it feel more like Bane is speaking in a room with acoustics instead of a studio where sound is completely isolated.

From the article I dug up, Nolan said he was only going to slightly alter the vocals. I guess it was enough.
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/dark-knight-rises-christian-bale-batman-tom-hardy-bane-275489

Undead Scottsman on
  • Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    And all the Bane doubters were hushed with a single trailer.

I had no issues understanding Bane. He sounds pure villainous.

I doubt Bane all the more. He sounds pretty weird, which I don't mind though.

• HeisenbergHeisenberg Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Holy fucking shit, that was amazing. The Bane vs. Batman fights are going to be amazing, Catwoman looks pretty good, Batwing looks fucking perfect, Bane is perfect.

Maybe a bit too much JGL in that trailer, though.

Heisenberg on
  • nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    "The Bat".

THe flying machine is just called "The Bat".

Quire.jpg
  • _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular

Agreed.

I think The Joker was too good. It's set an unreasonable bar for this film to clear...and I just don't think Bane can be as awesome as The Joker was.

• JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    _J_ wrote: »

Agreed.

I think The Joker was too good. It's set an unreasonable bar for this film to clear...and I just don't think Bane can be as awesome as The Joker was.

Depending on how the movie is constructed and what it focuses on, he may not have to be.

rRwz9.gif
  • AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    I think the Rises trailer was impressive, even though I personally found it unexciting. Does that even make sense?

But it got nothing on Prometheus. Those sirens and Rapace - hell to the shit yes.

Absalon on
  • HandgimpHandgimp R+L=J Family PhotoRegistered User regular
    All I know is, this summer's movie selection is sexcellent.

PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • FiskavFiskav Registered User regular
    That flying machine looks a little weird.

steam_sig.png
  • KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    I'm sure the movie will be excellent, but my interest is really low for Dark Knight Rises.

• SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    I have this secret dream that DKR mainly stars Joseph Gordon Levitt with Batman only playing a secondary role for some reason.

• Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    I have this secret dream that DKR mainly stars Joseph Gordon Levitt with Batman only playing a secondary role for some reason.

Well, offhand I'm guessing
    JGL is the new Batman at the end of the movie.

In fact, I'd go so far as to suggest
    Some of the shots of Batman in this very trailer are not Christian Bale. Could be crazy old me, but the mouth on Batman in some shots looks different. Yes, I've been staring at Batman's mouth today. Anyway-

This trailer looks very good, but...something. Something is missing, still. I have no idea what it is. But I know it's not there.

• RocketSauceRocketSauce Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    The trailer did not get me excited, but neither did any of the trailers for The Dark Knight or Batman Begins. I remember seeing Batman Begins reluctantly, and then I was blown away. I learned my lesson then, to have faith in Nolan. The guy is coming off of The Dark Knight and Inception. Though it was not the most exciting trailer (some of that is due to watching it on a laptop), this is my movie for the summer.

RocketSauce on
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    Come to think of it, no trailer for Nolan's movies has gotten me excited except outside of reminding me of the fact that he has a new movie coming out.

Lh96QHG.png
  • DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    I agree with the theory that some of those shots of Batman
    may not be bruce. I was looking at the mouth too. It almost seemed like someone doing Bale's batman mouth impression....but it could easily just be him too

616610-1.png
  • mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular

Well, offhand I'm guessing
    JGL is the new Batman at the end of the movie.

In fact, I'd go so far as to suggest
    Some of the shots of Batman in this very trailer are not Christian Bale. Could be crazy old me, but the mouth on Batman in some shots looks different. Yes, I've been staring at Batman's mouth today. Anyway-

This trailer looks very good, but...something. Something is missing, still. I have no idea what it is. But I know it's not there.

I was under whelmed too but this theory is awesome.

Bane = baron underbite. So much.

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    Ahem: Baron ÜNTERBITE

But yeah, man Bane seems cool. Knightfall is probably a good arc to go out on.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    KalTorak wrote: »

It's definitely cleaner. It's just a toss-up if they did it only for the trailer or if they went back and re-did every line he has in the film.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Heisenberg wrote: »

I wish I could hate you to death

Absolutely amazing trailer

As for Prometheus, does it really look that good? You know...I happen to have Alien and Aliens, but I've never actually seen them. Maybe I'll give them a shot before Prometheus hits.

UnbreakableVow on
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    Heisenberg wrote: »

I wish I could hate you to death

Absolutely amazing trailer

As for Prometheus, does it really look that good? You know...I happen to have Alien and Aliens, but I've never actually seen them. Maybe I'll give them a shot before Prometheus hits.

Or wait.

And see them after. You are in a rare position I think, best to take advantage of it.

Lh96QHG.png
This discussion has been closed.