As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[League of Legends]: It's something to do when Diablo 3 is down.

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    I've been thinking about that, I would have never thought to put Mundo in the team as Muscles, or to have Totally Not Blitzcrank. I had toyed with the idea of adding n some LeBlanc or Viegar as the mastermind.

I'd have gone with "Legitimate Businessman" (Corporate) Mundo myself, but the Blitz skin is clutch there.

• Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    I get mad at people who call for surrender when our last two turrets are down and the enemy is working on our nexus. Maybe it's me but it seems kinda little too late at that point. Let them kill the damn thing.

EDIT: My friend is saying that you get less IP for surrendering vs. fighting to the end. Seems like Surrendering is useless now.

• Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    I get mad at people who call for surrender when our last two turrets are down and the enemy is working on our nexus. Maybe it's me but it seems kinda little too late at that point. Let them kill the damn thing.

EDIT: My friend is saying that you get less IP for surrendering vs. fighting to the end. Seems like Surrendering is useless now.

Actually, the correct response is to time it to get a double explosion.
    Because double explosions are the coolest way to lose.

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    MrGrimoire wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind if they removed surrender from the game. Then maybe more good-for-nothing defeatists would learn to play from behind.

This is not directed at you, Salvation, I understand your frustrations, though I don't agree very much with surrendering. What annoys me is people who want to surrender at 20 when teams are roughly equal except for a couple of kills to the other team. If a team is crushing, the game will end pretty fast no matter what.

When two people disco 4 minutes in, we go down four turrets and ten kills, then they pop back in and won't surrender because NO GUYS THEIR TEAM TOTALLY FALLS OFF LATE GAME, they can fuck off and die.

• Options
    MrGrimoire wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind if they removed surrender from the game. Then maybe more good-for-nothing defeatists would learn to play from behind.

This is not directed at you, Salvation, I understand your frustrations, though I don't agree very much with surrendering. What annoys me is people who want to surrender at 20 when teams are roughly equal except for a couple of kills to the other team. If a team is crushing, the game will end pretty fast no matter what.

When two people disco 4 minutes in, we go down four turrets and ten kills, then they pop back in and won't surrender because NO GUYS THEIR TEAM TOTALLY FALLS OFF LATE GAME, they can fuck off and die.

Then you pay off the other guys who where there with you when the two guy disconnected and get your surrender. How you do that is up to you. ;)

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular

There's no IP loss for surrendering as opposed to just losing.

And yeah, I'd kill a hobo for a game restart option.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular

There's no IP loss for surrendering as opposed to just losing.

And yeah, I'd kill a hobo for a game restart option.

Technically you'd miss out on some IP from the game being longer. There won't be any difference in IP from, say, a surrender at 30 minutes versus your base being destroyed at 30 minutes, though.

• Options
    BamaBama Registered User regular

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Influence_Points

Your friend is mistaken. Technically you can less IP in the sense that your game may end in an earlier time bracket, but for example if you surrender at 20 it's the same as losing at 24.

• Options
    MahnmutMahnmut Registered User regular
    I just had the silliest Vlad game. We ended it with around 40 kills on each team. It was like a bot game -- both teams could kill mans, but neither could really capitalize on an advantage. Our team pulled it slightly more together mid-game and hit more objectives and pushed more turrets.

I went 10/3/16, and 2/3 deaths were straight-up because I'm a bad. :D

Steam/LoL: Jericho89
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Bama wrote: »

Your friend is mistaken. Technically you can less IP in the sense that your game may end in an earlier time bracket, but for example if you surrender at 20 it's the same as losing at 24.

Right, and if you surrender at 20 you can be in a different, less one-sided game sooner. I'd like to hope that most of these "no surrender!" apologists only have time for one game that evening or something, but I'm sure that's not a major fraction of them.

• Options
    BamaBama Registered User regular
    And just to be clear, I have definitely seen surrenders by teams that had a real shot at winning. But in general I'd rather end it than drag 2-3 along an already uphill battle.

• Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    Arikado wrote: »
    Speaking of bottom lane metagame hating, @TracerBullet and I did a support Amumu + Talon yesterday. He hit so many good bandage tosses you don't even know.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ntnp3vVKaDs

I think mumu/karthus would work better with mumu's passive.

• Options
    schuss wrote: »

Lulu / Amumu, obvs.

• Options
    VarethiusVarethius CymruRegistered User regular
    Speaking of bottom lane metagame hating, @TracerBullet and I did a support Amumu + Talon yesterday. He hit so many good bandage tosses you don't even know.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ntnp3vVKaDs

I might be wrong but I don't think Karthus has enough burst? Plus if the enemy team has Soraka bot lane Karthus is deffinately going to do less damage due to Soraka's passive.

• Options
    MahnmutMahnmut Registered User regular
    Auralynx wrote: »

Lulu / Amumu, obvs.

Bot pairs should be named like celebrity couples

Lulamumu

Steam/LoL: Jericho89
  • Options
    eeSanGeeSanG I slice like a goddamn hammer. Registered User regular
    Amumu Talon is a kill lane. Even if it looks like a silly kill lane, they'll still do more burst than most AD/Support lanes and the opponents should be playing passive as hell.

Ever play against a Lee Sin/Yorick or Lee Sin/Jarvan bottom lane? They're a kill lane with sustain. It's terrifying.

LFMGb.jpg
    Slice like a god damn hammer. LoL: Rafflesia / BNet: Talonflame#11979
  • Options
    Mahnmut wrote: »

Lulu / Amumu, obvs.

Bot pairs should be named like celebrity couples

Lulamumu

Amulu.

• Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    Varethius wrote: »

I might be wrong but I don't think Karthus has enough burst? Plus if the enemy team has Soraka bot lane Karthus is deffinately going to do less damage due to Soraka's passive.

Well, that's a situation where you ban out soraka. Not to mention wall (MR shred)+toss (1:1 AP ratio+stun)+karthus aura thingy+lay waste+despair+tantrum=A lot of damage over 2 seconds or so
    If they don't get out of there in a hurry, they're in some real trouble. You can then push the fuck out of the lane and go dragon. Or something. Never really tried all my theories...

• Options

Right, and if you surrender at 20 you can be in a different, less one-sided game sooner. I'd like to hope that most of these "no surrender!" apologists only have time for one game that evening or something, but I'm sure that's not a major fraction of them.

Even after showing him what you all just posted, he's still "NO SURRENDER!!!!"

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular

Get smarter friends.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    ZombotZombot Registered User regular
    LoL is going to be down for 6 hours? I guess I can go to sleep at a normal time for once.

• Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    Roz wrote: »
    Talith wrote: »
    So Elementz asked Elalya and myself to come up with a Dominion Tier List.

It's currently posted here. He plans on removing the solo queue tier list from the top bar altogether and adding a button for the dominion tier list.

Viegar garbage tier! I AM OUTRAGE!

A lot of people real unhappy about the list. :3

They skip the first line saying this is a list based on arranged tournament play and go strait to checking where their favorite champion is ranked.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    There really does need to be an option to force someone else to queue dodge, maybe at no penalty, especially when they divebomb your selections in ranked.

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    What tier list on dom doesn't have veigar at the bottom?

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular

It's currently posted here. He plans on removing the solo queue tier list from the top bar altogether and adding a button for the dominion tier list.

They skip the first line saying this is a list based on arranged tournament play and go strait to checking where their favorite champion is ranked.

True Story: I've played dominion all of like the 5 times we've done it together. Veigar being bad does not surprise me at all :P

• Options
    Joe KJoe K Registered User regular

True Story: I've played dominion all of like the 5 times we've done it together. Veigar being bad does not surprise me at all :P

yeh, who would guess that a champ that relies on massive farm to get a ridiculous AP would be bad in a no-farm fast game.

who knew.

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    most of the time when tier lists come up I always see "well x is good" but that doesn't really mean anything. you would want to quantify why they should be moved above other champions. (almost)all champions can be considered good. if they weren't then what is the point of them, riot doesn't say "hey lets make this crappy champion no one wants to play" even if rarely that ends up being the case(segooooni)

Jars on
  • Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    Hey, patch notes. http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/spectator-mode-patch-notes
    Rune purchases past the usable rune limit will now be prevented

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    Summoner Heal base value reduced to 100 from 145

Did I miss those in the leak notes?

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    yes blitzcrank tips will no longer tell you to buy wit's end for the mana burn

• Options
    zerg rushzerg rush Registered User regular

I hate people like that.

I mean, I'm sure your friend is a good guy and everything, but I hate him.

• Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Blah, no pimp chalice in this patch. I better start adding all you PA people to my friend's list, just to spectate.

Saldonas on
    Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Heal nerf is kinda lame

Gonna play Talon all day though

Dragonblade skin go on sale plzzzzzz

Forever Zefiro on
    2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    1% mana ratio on spell flux is pretty massively meh.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    Heal is becoming pretty common bottom lane, more so than other summoner skills, with the exception of flash. So i can see why they did it.

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    KeysierKeysier Registered User regular
    Not too happy about these patch notes

Alistar was already a huge asshole to deal with on any sort of basis. His ult has an extremely low cooldown and he is just aggravating in every respect, especially with the "lol rammed into a wall you're stunned" business. Leona is the same way but at least she telegraphs her attacks better. Ugh, Alistar

Doesn't help that I'm on an AP Dominion binge. Does not help me at all

• Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular

Well spell flux does bounce. so at 1000 mana that's an extra 10 damage per bounce. Seems decent to me on top of the base damage.

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options

Well spell flux does bounce. so at 1000 mana that's an extra 10 damage per bounce. Seems decent to me on top of the base damage.

Well keep in mind its also accompanied by a couple other nerfs and its not always going to bounce ideally.

I'll give it a shot but I'm not optimistic.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    edited May 2012

Well keep in mind its also accompanied by a couple other nerfs and its not always going to bounce ideally.

I'll give it a shot but I'm not optimistic.

It prioritizes Champions over Ryze now, so it won't waste a bounce on Ryze which is good, it can also bounce further. I don't think it was nerfed much aside from the missile speed and mana cost, but if you are building mana for Spell Flux then mana cost isn't a big issue.

Delphinidaes on
    NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    I will say I'm pleased with the buff to his auto attack missile speed.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
This discussion has been closed.