As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[YEStling Thread] DJ Hogan in the house

• PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Szz7F-lJso0

I am PwnanObrien and I am Team Catsby's worst nightmare!

ZX9Ny.png

Mwx884o.jpg
  • wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Well, I'm not going to say what happened tonight justified Cena beating Brock at the PPV but they covered for it well enough.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    yeah I am also amazed that they would have two popular wrestlers, one who is a heel and one who is a face, main event their pay per view

xmassig2.gif
  • Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    kingworks wrote: »
    I thought he'd snap on Punk before Cena.

Johnny could take all the verbal abuse.

All the straight edge.

All the can't see me.

But dammit, the return of the whats drove him over the edge.

• XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    they say Ace vs Cena

but it sounds like Tensai vs Cena to me

• MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    David_T wrote: »
    I think even Vince has reached the point where he realizes that WWE's talent development system is so shitty that they literally can't create their own stars anymore.

Someone mentioned a bit back, I think it might have been Colt Cabana on the AoW interview, that Dolph Ziggler might be the greatest wrestler to never set foot in a wrestling ring until he signed a WWE contract and went to developmental. So they must be able to do something right.

Ziggler came from an amateur wrestling background which I think helps. A lot of the best home grown WWE guys have the amateur wrestling background. Brock Lesnar, Shelton Benjamin, Charlie Haas, Kurt Angle, Bobby Lashley, I guess Jack Swagger.

So in the "Big 3" companies so to speak we have the World title matches being Punk/Bryan, Richards/Steen, and Roode/RVD. May looks like a pretty good month to be a wrestling fan.

yeah I am also amazed that they would have two popular wrestlers, one who is a heel and one who is a face, main event their pay per view

Laurinaitis hasn't wrestled in at least a decade

And he sure as shit isn't popular, evidenced by the WHATs everytime he talks in his monotone voice

Laurinaitis hasn't wrestled in at least a decade

And he sure as shit isn't popular, evidenced by the WHATs everytime he talks in his monotone voice

Sweeney you did notice the massive amounts of heel heat Ace drew tonight right? Yeah the What shit came back briefly but I'll forgive the crowd that since they were so good the rest of the night.

• Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    I was talking about punk and d-bry sweeney

I don't want Johnny Ace wrestling anyone

it ruins his "heel by just doing his job" persona

xmassig2.gif
    I love John Laryngitis

xmassig2.gif
    I would love if Laurinaitis was in the main event

That'd be excellent

OverTheLimit.jpg

Mwx884o.jpg
  • QuickSnapQuickSnap Professional Beard Grower Registered User regular
    EvilBadman wrote: »
    I'm drafting the #1 Lifetime Scorer in the League: David_T.

catsby.pngCatsby
    General Manager: The Lovely Bastard
    Catsby Champion Doomsong8
    The Geebs That Is A Pony
    FecklessRogue
    1. Nirya
    2. Sweeney Tom
    3. Hullis
    4. buttlord
    5. Martian
    6. Maximum
    7. Dogbone33
    8. Lux
    9. Assuran
    10. PwnanObrien

twisp.pngTwisp
    General Manager: EvilBadman
    Tag Team Champion thepain73
    Tag Team Champion Magell
    Spooch
    1. 411 Randle
    2. Radius
    3. Gonmun
    4. TheSultan
    5. Hjorvarthr
    6. Fyrewulff
    7. Bedlam
    8. SanderJK
    9. Goose!
    10. David_T

Supplemental Draft
    All other players will be drafted between the brands, and the results will be shared tomorrow afternoon.

I am not on this list. Does this mean I will be the highly sought-after free agent in the supplemental draft?
    Oh god, no one's gonna draft me. :cry:

6rceun58332p.png
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    It'd be kind of a mistake to close your ppv with an injured (or "injured") John Cena against a dude that's spent most of the past decade or so in a suit. I know he just got done wrestling Rock and Lesnar, but those dudes are youngish and have been active in other things, so it seems less bad? Unless they have a big PPV ending twist planned.

Still, given how big Punk is now, and how big Bryan has gotten lately, you'd think that'd be what you'd use to close the show.

QuickSnap wrote: »
    EvilBadman wrote: »
    I'm drafting the #1 Lifetime Scorer in the League: David_T.

catsby.pngCatsby
    General Manager: The Lovely Bastard
    Catsby Champion Doomsong8
    The Geebs That Is A Pony
    FecklessRogue
    1. Nirya
    2. Sweeney Tom
    3. Hullis
    4. buttlord
    5. Martian
    6. Maximum
    7. Dogbone33
    8. Lux
    9. Assuran
    10. PwnanObrien

twisp.pngTwisp
    General Manager: EvilBadman
    Tag Team Champion thepain73
    Tag Team Champion Magell
    Spooch
    1. 411 Randle
    2. Radius
    3. Gonmun
    4. TheSultan
    5. Hjorvarthr
    6. Fyrewulff
    7. Bedlam
    8. SanderJK
    9. Goose!
    10. David_T

Supplemental Draft
    All other players will be drafted between the brands, and the results will be shared tomorrow afternoon.

I am not on this list. Does this mean I will be the highly sought-after free agent in the supplemental draft?
    Oh god, no one's gonna draft me. :cry:

"IT'S GYM CLASS ALL OVER AGAIN"

• Triple BTriple B Bastard of the North MARegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Going back to the whole "Vince shits on stars he didn't create" thing, I have to think the rampant sales of D-Bry's new "YES! YES! YES!" shirt contributed heavily to him getting thrown back into the main event so quickly. That shit sold out the first day. That kind of thing tends to be a real eye-opener and a kick in Vince's ass.

Triple B on
    Steam/XBL/PSN: FiveAgainst1
    It'd be kind of a mistake to close your ppv with an injured (or "injured") John Cena against a dude that's spent most of the past decade or so in a suit. I know he just got done wrestling Rock and Lesnar, but those dudes are youngish and have been active in other things, so it seems less bad? Unless they have a big PPV ending twist planned.

Still, given how big Punk is now, and how big Bryan has gotten lately, you'd think that'd be what you'd use to close the show.

I get what you mean but I'd rather not have Jerry Lawler close Raw either. Now if Cena/Ace closes the PPV? Yeah that'd be bullshit.

Triple B wrote: »
    Going back to the whole "Vince shits on stars he didn't create" thing, I have to think the rampant sales of D-Bry's new "YES! YES! YES!" shirt contributed heavily to him getting thrown back into the main event so quickly. That shit sold out the first day. That kind of thing tends to be a real eye-opener and a kick in Vince's ass.

Ummmmm

Didn't the same thing happen to Zack Ryder's shirt

Look how long that gravy train lasted for him

• XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    It seems like they've stuck to this formula where the Laurinaitis Arc opens and closes the show. I don't see why'd the deviate from it, since it's their platform for swerve which is always funner to end shows with, no matter how incredible the previous match was. I'll say again that I expect Tensai to be the actual main event and as much as I hate when he starts constantly making that noise, it's always nice to see a tenured mid-card get some push.

Vince likes that you make him money that's all. As for the Ryder thing? They are keeping up the storyline with Eve censoring his youtube show so he's still on their radar. Just keep him the fuck away from Kane.

Ummmmm

The difference is that Daniel Bryan is a thousand times better in just about every way than Zack Ryder.

• 411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular
    Hey, look at that, #1 overall. That's about right.

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
    why do I feel like the tlb brand is the wcw thunder of this promotion

It's too bad nobody drafted Schnide. I had this post loaded and ready:

Here comes the pain!

ku3Eo.jpg

Mwx884o.jpg
  • The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    why do I feel like the tlb brand is the wcw thunder of this promotion

no it won't be the thunder because i'll actually pay attention to it

it is more nWo nitro

7656367.jpg
    I wouldn't be surprised if an online movement starts soon to make sure as many online fans as possible order the PPV next month just for the WWE title match. Last year the buyrate was super low so it won't be good if something similiar happens this year.

• Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    Tyler Black vs Chris Hero was the main even of last week's FCW. Tyler Black aside it was a nice match, well worth watching.

Also Ambrose and Regal locked in stereo Regal Stretches on James Bronson and some other dude who isn't important enough for me to remember. It was pretty swell.
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    I wouldn't be surprised if an online movement starts soon to make sure as many online fans as possible order the PPV next month just for the WWE title match. Last year the buyrate was super low so it won't be good if something similiar happens this year.

I wouldn't be surprised if the buy rate wasn't great. "Online fans" aren't too exactly known for paying for WWE events.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    Tyler Black vs Chris Hero was the main even of last week's FCW. Tyler Black aside it was a nice match, well worth watching.

Also Ambrose and Regal locked in stereo Regal Stretches on James Bronson and some other dude who isn't important enough for me to remember. It was pretty swell.
    wirehead26 wrote: »

I wouldn't be surprised if the buy rate wasn't great. "Online fans" aren't too exactly known for paying for WWE events.

They're giving us a Punk/Bryan WWE title match. The online fans can't bitch about that. Of course I'm a hypocrite and won't be ordering the show either.

Dyvim Tvar wrote: »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3TIsXOS4-Q

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Triple BTriple B Bastard of the North MARegistered User regular

Ummmmm

The difference is that Daniel Bryan is a thousand times better in just about every way than Zack Ryder.

Seriously. Not even in the same league.

Steam/XBL/PSN: FiveAgainst1
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Oh hey EBM picked me <3

I like how everyone online now is saying that Punk and Bryan will be blamed when no one orders Over the Limit. Forget the fact that WWE knows that last year it was one of the least bought shows of 2011, AND Lesnar (so far) isn't on the show, AND it's right after two huge back to back PPVs, everyone is so sure that Punk and Bryan will get the shaft.

I hate the IWC sometimes, I really do.

• RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Hell yeah, picked before Gonmun, my dominance continues onward.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
    FCW note: if these Adam Mercer promos are trying to convince me he's not entertaining then mission accomplished.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    So, just finished Raw. That was a pretty good show over all, and Brock comes out looking like all kinds of bad ass. I love Trips, but him selling an injury to someone is a BIG DEAL based on how little he does it. Dare I say the WWE is on fire?

Plus, Punk vs. Danielson for the WWE title. Holy shit. Never, ever in my wildest dreams watching those two in the indies did I believe this would come to pass.

I was kinda confused on the ending of Jericho/Big Show. What was the point of that ending cluster?

• CadeCade Eppur si muove.Registered User regular
    So did this get mentioned:
    Following the Extreme Rules PPV on Sunday, there was a huge backstage blow-up involving Brock Lesnar.
    According to several sources, Lesnar lost it on a number of WWE officials and began ripping apart a dressing room, upset over the John Cena promo that closed the PPV.

The original plan was for Cena, despite winning, to be so beaten that he was carried out of the building, leaving an opening for Lesnar to brag that while he had lost the battle on a fluke, he had won the war.

When Cena decided to address the audience, Lesnar perceived it as Cena double crossing him and lost in on WWE officials. It's not yet known how they calmed him down, but tonight's angle with HHH was planned in advance as a way to remove Lesnar from TV.

Sources within the company have indicated that Lesnar's current deal only requires him to work two dates minimum.

• NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Yes hi I am the #1 pick for the best brand, which obviously means that I am being groomed to become the corporate champion.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    Assuran wrote: »
    So, just finished Raw. That was a pretty good show over all, and Brock comes out looking like all kinds of bad ass. I love Trips, but him selling an injury to someone is a BIG DEAL based on how little he does it. Dare I say the WWE is on fire?

Plus, Punk vs. Danielson for the WWE title. Holy shit. Never, ever in my wildest dreams watching those two in the indies did I believe this would come to pass.

I was kinda confused on the ending of Jericho/Big Show. What was the point of that ending cluster?

I think the ref legit fucked up to be honest. He was counting waayyyy too slow. Maybe Bryan is a back up plan?

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Man, Nirya got picked and I didn't, what kind of cuckoo draft is this?

Solid Raw tonight, happy for Truth and kofi, Johnny finally going full heel, and Lesnar getting the hell off of the TV.

Surprisingly, I'll give kudos to Cole tonight too, he was commentating in a mostly face manner and didn't get on my nerves.

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
This discussion has been closed.