As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[League of Legends]: It's something to do when Diablo 3 is down.

• Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    If Varus doesn't come out tomorrow I'm buying one of the four champs I don't own

Volibear, Kog'maw, Ezreal or Hecarim :O

• DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    I can't believe they lowered the Rake cost on Talon though. Going to play the crap out of him.

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Irelia got buffed.

Sad day.

BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    1% mana ratio on spell flux is pretty massively meh.

Well spell flux does bounce. so at 1000 mana that's an extra 10 damage per bounce. Seems decent to me on top of the base damage.

It may mean overall good things for Ryze since he can chase with his ultimate, but in terms of strait up power its a huge nerf until Ryze gets RoA and means that he pretty much has to rush that or AA since he won't be effective building the marginal tanky items. It also ruins flat/scaling mana pages since they're not going to be effective compared to pen/tanky/ms pages anymore as the flat damage on his Q has gone up in proportion.

The range reduction hurts his poke, but its a strict damage increase on q due to the flat damage bonus until you have 2000 mana. [At level 1 you're going to gain 14 damage on your q if you started with 700 mana] And the AP changes were in strict proportion higher in damage [.1 AP ratio is about equal to 1% mana scaling] so for every 100AP you already had in your build, you gain 20 damage on your q, which is equivalent to the loss of the 1% scaling from 2000 mana.

So your q will hit harder if you started with an RoA but weaker if you started by building BV/GC

I am going to shelve my flat Mana page in favor of Pen reds/MS quints/MR/MR [or more pen] and rush RoA on him with these changes. They might turn out good, they might not. I think he will be stronger in the lategame but possibly weaker in the early.

wbBv3fj.png
  • Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Goumindong wrote: »
    Heal is becoming pretty common bottom lane, more so than other summoner skills, with the exception of flash. So i can see why they did it.

Yeah, I mean Heal was actually useful now instead of a whole season where no one took it

I don't think it was worth nerfing, at least not that much, Ignite and Exhaust are still definitely used

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • KeysierKeysier Registered User regular
    Is there any reason why my speakers literally explode when a match starts. My sound settings are at 30% volume and it used to be a "hey a game has started" to "CANNON GAME"

• AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    Arikado wrote: »
    Irelia got buffed.

Sad day.

Irelia still needs some more buffs, she's pretty garbage after the hit to w.

huntresssig.jpg
    Keysier wrote: »
    Is there any reason why my speakers literally explode when a match starts. My sound settings are at 30% volume and it used to be a "hey a game has started" to "CANNON GAME"

It's a bug, going to be fixed this patch.

huntresssig.jpg
  • TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    So, they're disabling all chat by default now?

Weird, but I don't think I'm going to end up minding.

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • PacificstarPacificstar Registered User regular
    @programjunkie

Fucking Warwick nerf on his Q to the point where new rank 5 is lower than his old rank 4! I take back every time I ever disagreed with you about Riot and nerfs.

• KeysierKeysier Registered User regular
    Arivia wrote: »
    Keysier wrote: »

It's a bug, going to be fixed this patch.

Thanks be to you Ganesh!

• Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Loving Yorick in top lane so much. A little weak at first but once you get manamune you can bully people all day and then once you get triforce you're a real terror.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
    Loving Yorick in top lane so much. A little weak at first but once you get manamune you can bully people all day and then once you get triforce you're a real terror.

You do realize you're contributing to all that is bad and terrible about LoL, right?

huntresssig.jpg
  • ThisThis Registered User regular
    That really is a huge heal nerf. Kinda glad it might not be as ubiquitous but I'm worried we'll just never see it now.

• Future BluesFuture Blues Registered User regular
    This wrote: »
    That really is a huge heal nerf. Kinda glad it might not be as ubiquitous but I'm worried we'll just never see it now.

The less 4+ summoner heal comps I see the better.

Xbox Live: No Reply
    Steam: Jacobontap
    LoL: FutureBlues
  • TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    F yeah!

96VEE.jpg

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Arivia wrote: »

You do realize you're contributing to all that is bad and terrible about LoL, right?

I'm sorry, should I have instead posted a whining rant about how less fun the other top champs are?

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    riot misses the point of nerfing lulu, surprise not found

talon rake still costs too much mana

ryze still gonna be a monster, you're just gonna have to build rod of ages now

• Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    I'm gonna miss all chat

Grats Talith you beast of a man

Gonna buy Ezreal in your honor

TIME FOR A TRUE DISPLAY OF SKILL

• Mr.SunshineMr.Sunshine Registered User regular
    Glad they took the servers down to put me out of my misery.

Losing so badly.

Grats Talith you beast of a man

Gonna buy Ezreal in your honor

TIME FOR A TRUE DISPLAY OF SKILL

<3

You won't be disappointed.

:)

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • KainyKainy Pimpin' and righteous Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    So my friends, disappointed in what a weiner I am for playing largely bot games as I sink my testicles back into the searing hot waters of LoL, convinced me to do a normal game with one of them, probably also largely to crush some lower-than-them ELO punk-bitches.

I proceed to get forced into playing an AD carry by INSTALOXXXX, which is a role I'm super uncomfortable with, and own like no champs for... so I grabbed Corki, who I inexplicably was given for free due to the age of my account. I proceed to do very poorly, as Corki is kinda tricky and I was trying to pick it up as I went along. My wonderful tank lane partner decides to then shit all over me for playing poorly, even though I warned him beforehand that I was new to the character and not good at the role in general.

I quickly remembered why I quit League a long time ago.

So it's bot games for me! People there are just way less shitty, or, rather, have far fewer reasons to be shitty to each other.

Edit: Also I'm bad.

Kainy on
    IcyLiquid wrote: »
    There's anti-fuckery code in there now :) Sorry :)
  • GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    Kainy wrote: »
    So my friends, disappointed in what a weiner I am for playing largely bot games as I sink my testicles back into the searing hot waters of LoL, convinced me to do a normal game with one of them, probably also largely to crush some lower-than-them ELO punk-bitches.

I proceed to get forced into playing an AD carry by INSTALOXXXX, which is a role I'm super uncomfortable with, and own like no champs for... so I grabbed Corki, who I inexplicably was given for free due to the age of my account. I proceed to do very poorly, as Corki is kinda tricky and I was trying to pick it up as I went along. My wonderful tank lane partner decides to then shit all over me for playing poorly, even though I warned him beforehand that I was new to the character and not good at the role in general.

I quickly remembered why I quit League a long time ago.

So it's bot games for me! People there are just way less shitty, or, rather, have far fewer reasons to be shitty to each other.

Edit: Also I'm bad.

Yeah, I mean you need to have reasonably thick skin to improve at this game. At the beginning of PvP you will be terrible. Plenty of people are still terrible even after hundreds of games 8->. At any rate, you're probably not going to get any better if at all playing bot games, so the cycle of abuse and avoidance of pvp games will probably just continue. Not everyone will rage at you, playing with PA people is also a good way to minimize that.

It just depends on why you play, I guess. I wanted to learn a competitive game and steadily improve, so I just endured the verbal abuse and didn't respond for the most part. If League of Legends is just something you play to relax (as bizarre as that sounds, I guess it's possible) then cranking out a few bot games for fun is probably the right way to go.

3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • TannerMSTannerMS "I'm confidence cause I'm zerg!" Registered User regular
    Servers are up and Spectator mode is running fine :D

• KainyKainy Pimpin' and righteous Registered User regular
    Yeah, I'm not in it to reach the highest, most X-TRAM elos, to conquer the entirety of the internet under my e-peen, or to waltz into bottom lane against TSM by myself and shit all over them somehow. I mostly play because I find the mechanics interesting, as well as the various champions, and as an aid to watching both my friends playing and tournaments, which I like way more than actually playing, so far.

I'm actually not THAT bad in the mage/support roles that I have experience with, or, well, on champions that I've played before. This was less of a "learning" thing and more of a "getting curbstomped because my team was horribly uncooperative, and then bitched at by said team for it." :P It's just annoying to be slapped in the face with how awful the League community tends to be, especially given that the guy doing the bitching, despite being on fucking Alistar, somehow managed to be not all that helpful.

IcyLiquid wrote: »
    There's anti-fuckery code in there now :) Sorry :)
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited May 2012
    Aww, Mundo's ult got a nerf. But it was pretty damn powerful with that low cooldown.

edit:
    Infuse will no longer target allied minions

Oh thank science.

Echo on
  • VaregaVarega Registered User regular
    spectator mode is very nice. I loaded up my copy of dota 2, and the UI in LoL compared to Dota is astronomically better in LoL

League of Legends:Varega
  • RamiRami Registered User regular
    I don't like the new DFG. That mana regen was really useful.

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    I dislike the massive nerf to DFG damage and scaling. I knew it was eventually coming, but I was really hoping Riot would wait for the pros to actually start using it at tournament level before they realised it was super-OP and nerfed it.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    So what do people think about the /all chat off by default change? I feel like I should leave it that way, but I have this bizarre compulsion to turn it back on just to see what comes out of the enemy's mouth :?

Also, do you think spectator mode will cause any noticeable drop in traffic to streaming sites?

Grundlestiltskin on
    3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Hmm; Ryze autoattack missile speed from 1400 to 2400; that sounds huge. Who else has missile speeds around 2400? Must research.

Well, Viktor's Q missile speed was buffed to 2k and I feel like that's already prety quick. Looks like MF's basic attacks are also 2k. Cait's ult is 3200 speed. So Ryze's autoattacks will fly faster than Viktor's and 75% as fast as Cait's ult which is just fine by me.

Ryze auto attack speed buff sounds absolutely perfect to me as I was planning on running manamune, frozen heart, trinity force ryze to celebrate the skin.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • MiniwolfMiniwolf Probably somewhere sniffing somethingRegistered User regular
    My favorite Change is the Morello's Evil Tome. This will be a big change as someone who plays a lot of support. Whilst I like the Locket and Zeke's. The new grevious wound effect on the Tome is going to allow me to have exhaust and a pseudo-ignite. Which considering the current climate of sustain champs like Mundo, Vlad, Warwick and even Blood Thirster AD carries. This will almost be a must have mid to late game item.

League Of Legends: Ulven
    Q98DBY0.pngwolfmini.png
    Triforce Ryze? =)

What's the threshold for winning Energizer Ryze, anyway? I've always wanted that skin =/

• MrGrimoireMrGrimoire Pixflare Registered User regular
    It's funny how incredibly angry tier lists makes people.

• SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Goumindong wrote: »
    1% mana ratio on spell flux is pretty massively meh.

Well spell flux does bounce. so at 1000 mana that's an extra 10 damage per bounce. Seems decent to me on top of the base damage.

It may mean overall good things for Ryze since he can chase with his ultimate, but in terms of strait up power its a huge nerf until Ryze gets RoA and means that he pretty much has to rush that or AA since he won't be effective building the marginal tanky items. It also ruins flat/scaling mana pages since they're not going to be effective compared to pen/tanky/ms pages anymore as the flat damage on his Q has gone up in proportion.

The range reduction hurts his poke, but its a strict damage increase on q due to the flat damage bonus until you have 2000 mana. [At level 1 you're going to gain 14 damage on your q if you started with 700 mana] And the AP changes were in strict proportion higher in damage [.1 AP ratio is about equal to 1% mana scaling] so for every 100AP you already had in your build, you gain 20 damage on your q, which is equivalent to the loss of the 1% scaling from 2000 mana.

So your q will hit harder if you started with an RoA but weaker if you started by building BV/GC

I am going to shelve my flat Mana page in favor of Pen reds/MS quints/MR/MR [or more pen] and rush RoA on him with these changes. They might turn out good, they might not. I think he will be stronger in the lategame but possibly weaker in the early.
    Given that Ryze's problems these days are a terrible early game due to lack of range against most AP mids not named like Annie or Kassadin (and a lack of pushing power), I'm not real pleased.

The only thing you can say about Spell Flux now is that it's his longest range spell at 675. It's still pretty crap outside of clustered team fights and isn't even that useful for wave clearing, even if for some strange reason you opted to max it first.

It's definitely a tanky nerf, given you lose alot of mana scaling off Overload and Rune Prison given their relative cooldowns to Spell Flux.

I think I have to agree, probably going to retire my mana page on him and bring back MS quints, not that I play him much these days anyway.

Still not really worth building him AD on SR, though, given his AP scaling did in fact get better.

Like the rest of the changes for the most part, especially the DFG range buff. Well, aside from Talon buffs (seriously fuck that guy) and Yi Meditate buffs.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    Rius wrote: »
    Triforce Ryze? =)

What's the threshold for winning Energizer Ryze, anyway? I've always wanted that skin =/
    Winning (or coming near top in some cases) a tournament where there's some sort of Riot involvement/sponsorship.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • ElementalorElementalor Registered User regular
    If only there were a way to steal just one unwanted UFO Corki. =(

Marvel Future Fight: dElementalor
    FFBE: 898,311,440
    Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/dElementalor
This discussion has been closed.