As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Game of Assholes, Season 2! The night is dark and full of spoilers

• SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    Oh yeah I was wondering about that. I don't remember that from the book at all. Seems to me like she's a Faceless, maybe this is just their introduction so we can relate them to Jaqen?

sig.gif
  • SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    There is a woman with a wooden mask in the books, who comes along with the initial contact party. Doesn't offer much beyond "Those Warlock guys are crazy".

*to the bookshelf!

Having checked, she is Quaithe the shadowbinder, wears a red lacquered mask.

Snicketysnick on
    7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    No, she was in the books. From her arrival in Qarth, ch. 27 of Clash of Kings, summary from awoiaf:
    All Quaithe offers her is cryptic words: to beware all in Qarth, for when they see her dragons they will lust, because dragons are fire incarnate, and fire is power.

Huh. Sounds one-note enough that it's the kind of stuff the show usually cuts, or replaces with Ros.

In retrospect, having Ros suddenly there to warn Jorah would have been hilarious.

sig.gif
  • UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    i noticed it because it seemed like the kind of explicit warning a show would need to condense a whole bunch of foreshadowing from the books

i didn't remember it being in the books, stuff like that blends a lot more into the background of a setting because you're not forced to stare at the lady for X seconds like on TV

l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Thing is I remember her simply because the mask was so weird/unique, I was waiting to see if she would turn up, just to see how they would do that. (Really well as it turns out)

Could still be Ros though, she was wearing a mask after all :P

7qmGNt5.png
    To be fair, I glazed over most of the Qarth stuff in Clash. It was for me by far the least interesting part of the book.

sig.gif
  • UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    also, Pyat Pree reminds me of

Buffy_Hush.jpg

l8e1peic77w3.jpg

Ubik wrote: »

Buffy_Hush.jpg

And these guys remind me of

SMBMovie-Goombas.jpg

sig.gif
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Those dudes who look like Voldamort are unsettling as fuck.

edited April 2012
    Thank you Ubik, I didn't want to sleep again ever.
    I love that episode <3

Snicketysnick on
    7qmGNt5.png
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Only episode 6 of a 10 episode season. Its hard to fit everything in.

• override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Comradebot wrote: »
    Peter Ebel wrote: »
    What?!?! The Iron Men sail cogs? Outrage! Sacrilege!

There can be no iron price paid by a man who takes his house to sea.

Yes, that annoyed me. They're supposed to sail awesome ass longships, because they're the Westeros equivalent of freakin' Vikings.

They do capture ships, it's possible his dad gave him a cog as a fuck you

When we see Yara's fleet well find out

override367 on
  • ComradebotComradebot Lord of Dinosaurs Houston, TXRegistered User regular

Buffy_Hush.jpg

Ah, The Gentlemen... such great villains, even if they were for just one episode.

• ComradebotComradebot Lord of Dinosaurs Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Also, both the Gentlemen and Pyat Pree remind me of:
    Slender_Man_by_Gaara_Monster.jpg?1262500964

Comradebot on
    Hush was probably the best Buffy episode.

In spite of or actually probably because all of its dialogue could fit in less than 10 pages.

sig.gif
  • KanaKana Registered User regular
    My favorite line from that episode (besides, well, basically anything from Arya's storyline) was Theon totally ripping off Robb's threat against the Greatjon.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
    My favorite was
    "Schemes and plots are the same thing"

l8e1peic77w3.jpg

New buddy comedy idea:

Tyrion and Stannis in
    Pedantic vocabulary nitpickers

sig.gif
  • TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    Bronn is just so happy with his life.

My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • GalyGaly Registered User regular
    Quaithe the mask lady is a minor character but I immediately recognized her because she also shows up in book 5.

mustache w/ hat c|:{
    Man yeah fuck the rest, the best quote of the evening was

"If anything should happen to Lord Tyrion, please kill me."

sig.gif
    i can't believe i forgot about Quaithe, because her quote from the book is:

"To go north, you must journey south, to reach the west you must go east. To go forward you must go back and to touch the light you must pass beneath the shadow."

Which reminds me of

"My fellow Americans. As a young boy, I dreamed of being a baseball. But tonight I say, we must move forward, not backward; upward, not forward; and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom!"

l8e1peic77w3.jpg

"To go north, you must journey south, to reach the west you must go east. To go forward you must go back and to touch the light you must pass beneath the shadow."

Which reminds me of

"My fellow Americans. As a young boy, I dreamed of being a baseball. But tonight I say, we must move forward, not backward; upward, not forward; and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom!"

Wait now this is reminding me of Mirri Maz Duur's curse.

sig.gif
  • HobnailHobnail Registered User regular

Honestly, no one in any of the books has it better than Bronn. He went from nearly-nameless dirtbag sellsword to well paid bodyguard to a land-owning Lord Commander while sacrificing nothing.

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Registered User regular
    Even torturing you would be boring.

• GalyGaly Registered User regular
    SimBen wrote: »

Which reminds me of

Wait now this is reminding me of Mirri Maz Duur's curse.

Quaithe's quote and Mirri Maz Duur's curse are both phrases that Dany repeatedly thinks about in her POV chapters, so they are similar in that regard.

mustache w/ hat c|:{
  • KanaKana Registered User regular
    Heisenberg wrote: »
    Even torturing you would be boring.

Lancel is now definitely a necessary part of the Tyrion/Bronn sitcom

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • ArangArang HUEY LEWISRegistered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »

Honestly, no one in any of the books has it better than Bronn. He went from nearly-nameless dirtbag sellsword to well paid bodyguard to a land-owning Lord Commander while sacrificing nothing.

to be fair, bronn never had anything to sacrifice in the first place

thenews.jpg
  • jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular

Yeah, that was such bullshit. I hope it's only the Sea Bitch, and it's just an additional insult to Theon.

If all the Iron Fleet is made up of cogs, I say we get all the Scandinavians together, build some long ships and sail over and sack HBO's monasteries. And take their gold.

• WankWank Registered User regular
    This ep made me love Arya even more, she is just the dopest kid

• SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    jumped outta my seat when roy dotrice showed up this ep

• Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    jakobagger wrote: »

Yeah, that was such bullshit. I hope it's only the Sea Bitch, and it's just an additional insult to Theon.

If all the Iron Fleet is made up of cogs, I say we get all the Scandinavians together, build some long ships and sail over and sack HBO's monasteries. And take their gold.

HBO is inland bro.
    lolwhatomg.jpg

Mortal Sky on
  • LegbaLegba He did. Registered User regular
    Arang wrote: »

He had his fingers.

• Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    Legba wrote: »

He had his fingers.

Oh snap

• UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Mortal Sky wrote: »
    Legba wrote: »

He had his fingers.

Oh snap

something Davos can no longer do, you insensitive clod!

• jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    Mortal Sky wrote: »
    jakobagger wrote: »

HBO is inland bro.
    lolwhatomg.jpg

Well, they probably don't have any monasteries either, but I don't care. The Viking answer to everything is sail over in your long ships and take their gold. Maybe we can use the river(s).

• FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    As someone that's from Sweden himself...

Nuthin wrong with Cogs.
    Scandinavian Expys can pirate in anything that floats (in the case of Cogs, the Vitalian Brotherhood).

If anything Longships and Knights in full plate sharing a universe is anachronism at its worst.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »
    I love seeing Tonks as Osha.

woah I did not notice that at all

might have something to do with me being used to her being clean and not a slave in the Harry Potter movies

• ProlegomenaProlegomena Frictionless Spinning The VoidRegistered User regular
    As someone that's from Sweden himself...

Nuthin wrong with Cogs.
    Scandinavian Expys can pirate in anything that floats (in the case of Cogs, the Vitalian Brotherhood).

If anything Longships and Knights in full plate sharing a universe is anachronism at its worst.

anachronism at its worst would be if sweet child o' mine started playing as the sea bitch set sail