As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Que veux-tu, [chat]? Happy May Day!

• RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Aye, fair enough. It remains an awesome picture. Not better than the one of Kirk and Dr Who fighting together, but still really good.

Oh great, now I'm imagining different Doctors teaming up with different Trek characters.

Kirk - Jon Pertwee
    Data - Tom Baker
    Garak - Matt Smith
    Sisko - Christopher Eccleston
    Janeway - The Valeyard

• ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Oh jesus, the idiots in the House are trying to restore the Airborne Laser system.

What am?

So at some point someone had the brilliant idea of strapping a big chemical laser to a 747 and use it to try to shoot down ICBMs. Well TBMs but dipshits are pushing for it to be used against ICBMs. The system is flawed. First, it can't consistently kill it's targets. Second, it needs to pretty much catch the missile during the boost phase to work. Third, it's absurdly expensive. The Pentagon retired it. But there is a push for it to be returned to service for use in preventing Iran from launching ICBMs. This doesn't include their most fuckwitted directive to develop an interceptor system for the East Coast.
    I had completely forgotten about the air-borne laser. The Pentagon and Congress don't typically care about the feasibility of their crazed ideas. What they do care about is siphoning money into the coffers of the industrial military complex and through select districts.

Man that thing was ridiculous in every way. It wasn't even environmentally friendly: to fire it used the most amazingly toxic cocktail of gases that you had to vent after each shot.

20 shots per flight that might kill a missile. Or 40 that might annoy them.

• AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    They did/are doing crossover comics with the Borg and the Cybermen. I have yet to learn if they're good or silly yet.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    it kind of sucks doing autopsy report on a meltdown but its gotta be done

• Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    Aye, fair enough. It remains an awesome picture. Not better than the one of Kirk and Dr Who fighting together, but still really good.

Oh great, now I'm imagining different Doctors teaming up with different Trek characters.

Kirk - Jon Pertwee
    Data - Tom Baker
    Garak - Matt Smith
    Janeway - The Valeyard

The Janeway one I get, obviously, but what is your logic with the others? Garak and Matt Smith I find to be an especially interesting, but surprising, notion.

it kind of sucks doing autopsy report on a meltdown but its gotta be done

When I was younger after I 'sperged out about something, I would spend time analysing why I did it. It usually wasn't pleasant, but it allowed me to cope with those situations in the future. Keep it up. :^:

• AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular

Kirk - Jon Pertwee
    Data - Tom Baker
    Garak - Matt Smith
    Janeway - The Valeyard

The Janeway one I get, obviously, but what is your logic with the others? Garak and Matt Smith I find to be an especially interesting, but surprising, notion.

They're both lying mass murderers. Makes sense and would be a cool thing to watch.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Form of Monkey!Form of Monkey! Registered User regular
    Oh jesus, the idiots in the House are trying to restore the Airborne Laser system.

What am?

So at some point someone had the brilliant idea of strapping a big chemical laser to a 747 and use it to try to shoot down ICBMs. Well TBMs but dipshits are pushing for it to be used against ICBMs. The system is flawed. First, it can't consistently kill it's targets. Second, it needs to pretty much catch the missile during the boost phase to work. Third, it's absurdly expensive. The Pentagon retired it. But there is a push for it to be returned to service for use in preventing Iran from launching ICBMs. This doesn't include their most fuckwitted directive to develop an interceptor system for the East Coast.
    I had completely forgotten about the air-borne laser. The Pentagon and Congress don't typically care about the feasibility of their crazed ideas. What they do care about is siphoning money into the coffers of the industrial military complex and through select districts.

Man that thing was ridiculous in every way. It wasn't even environmentally friendly: to fire it used the most amazingly toxic cocktail of gases that you had to vent after each shot.

Haven't we been developing (read: funneling money to) futuristic ICBM intercept systems for over 30 years now?

We used to call it Star Wars, presumably as a nod to its fictional nature, and how it just kept getting shittier and shittier with each new iteration.

• Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Happy May Day!

Kirk - Jon Pertwee
    Data - Tom Baker
    Garak - Matt Smith
    Janeway - The Valeyard

Fuck you. Garak is too good for Matt Smith. The only Star Trek character Matt Smith deserves is Neelix.

• electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular

Kirk - Jon Pertwee
    Data - Tom Baker
    Garak - Matt Smith
    Janeway - The Valeyard

Fuck you. Garak is too good for Matt Smith. The only Star Trek character Matt Smith deserves is Neelix.

Your opinions are bad and you should feel bad.

• LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    I haven't felt this fanboyish in a While but the 5 negative reviews for Avengers seem really Contrarian.

Must be Inquisitor's shell accounts

Kirk - Jon Pertwee
    Data - Tom Baker
    Garak - Matt Smith
    Janeway - The Valeyard

Pertwee would be the most physical of the Doctors with his Venusian Akido. He'd compliment Kirk's willingness to resort to fisticuffs.

Baker and Data would be the odd couple. I'm imagining Baker being rather amused at Data's mannerisms. Also, K-9/Spot interaction.

Smith would team up with Garak both as an attempt to look cool and possibly to keep Garak in check. They'd also be fun for interaction.

Eccleston would empathise with Sisko's grief and anger, having it himself. They'd run around being Bad Cop/The Oncoming Storm.

Ah, the joys of GOP fiscal conservatism.

• LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Matt Smith is a lot more saccharin than Tenant but let's face it, as awesome as Tenant was..Dr. Who got waaaaay too Linkin Park emo towards the end of his run. It was effective, but I do not want crazed Dr. Who. I want distantly sad but manically happy Dr. Who and Matt Smith does that well.

Ludious on

Kirk - Jon Pertwee
    Data - Tom Baker
    Garak - Matt Smith
    Janeway - The Valeyard

:cry:

Neelix, Okana and Lutan from "Code of Honour" could team up with the business end of a Dalek plunger.

Kirk - Jon Pertwee
    Data - Tom Baker
    Garak - Matt Smith
    Janeway - The Valeyard

They're both lying mass murderers. Makes sense and would be a cool thing to watch.

I must have missed that episode of Doctor Who. And DS9, come to think of it.

Wait, how much murder is mass murder?

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Happy May Day!

Anarchists tried to blow up a bridge in Ohio and were busted this morning.

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Okay, we have to try this at our nerd LAN in two weeks.

A zombie survival mod for ArmA2. On public servers there are roving bands of players doing highway robbery at gunpoint and the now weaponless victims getting killed by zombies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRpPIyJDSEQ

• ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular

What am?

Haven't we been developing (read: funneling money to) futuristic ICBM intercept systems for over 30 years now?

We used to call it Star Wars, presumably as a nod to its fictional nature, and how it just kept getting shittier and shittier with each new iteration.

Yes. And we have a number of systems that range from completely useless to slightly useful.

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    man i feel weird and terrible. all light headed and vertigo-y.

• spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    edited May 2012

It's funny, because I had a moment cognitive dissonance reading that sentence. When I see "airborne laser system" I assume GOP hawks are involved , but when I see "idiots in the house" I immediately substitute "democrats".

spool32 on

Kirk - Jon Pertwee
    Data - Tom Baker
    Garak - Matt Smith
    Janeway - The Valeyard

No, fuck you. Matt Smith's Doctor is terribad. "Oh, I'm Matt Smith's Doctor, I have to pee! I'LL USE MY SONIC FUCKING SCREW DRIVER! Oh, I have to open an unlocked door! SONIC SCREW DRIVER! Oh, I have to do pretty much anything. SONIC SCREW DRIVER!" Ever since Matt Smith, the show has stopped being about the Doctor and really been a story about a sonic screw driver with an idiot carrying it.

• electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular

What am?

Yes. And we have a number of systems that range from completely useless to slightly useful.

I have to say I don't get why it's such a hard problem. Surely you just point a big laser at the missile and track it from a ground site?

I assume it's because most of the lasers bloom too much in atmosphere and don't deliver appreciable energy.

Kirk - Jon Pertwee
    Data - Tom Baker
    Garak - Matt Smith
    Janeway - The Valeyard

No, fuck you. Matt Smith's Doctor is terribad. "Oh, I'm Matt Smith's Doctor, I have to pee! I'LL USE MY SONIC FUCKING SCREW DRIVER! Oh, I have to open an unlocked door! SONIC SCREW DRIVER! Oh, I have to do pretty much anything. SONIC SCREW DRIVER!" Ever since Matt Smith, the show has stopped being about the Doctor and really been a story about a sonic screw driver with an idiot carrying it.

What show are you watching? It's certainly not Dr. Who

Kakos, some opinions are best kept to oneself.

Kirk - Jon Pertwee
    Data - Tom Baker
    Garak - Matt Smith
    Janeway - The Valeyard

Tennant used the sonic screw driver as a magic wand quite a bit. At least with Matt Smith there was a better character attached to the screw driver.

• Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »

eat some crackers?

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    Okay, we have to try this at our nerd LAN in two weeks.

A zombie survival mod for ArmA2. On public servers there are roving bands of players doing highway robbery at gunpoint and the now weaponless victims getting killed by zombies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRpPIyJDSEQ

I seen this, I really want to try it out but alas I am without ArmA2

I think you're having blood pressure issues.*

*not a doctor

Kirk - Jon Pertwee
    Data - Tom Baker
    Garak - Matt Smith
    Janeway - The Valeyard

ITT we learn that Kakos has not watched Doctor Who for three years.

Lh96QHG.png
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Kakos, who's the guy in your sig and what's he saying?

spool32 wrote: »

It's funny, because I had a moment cognitive dissonance reading that sentence. When I see "airborne laser system" I assume GOP hawks are involved , but when I see "idiots in the house" I immediately substitute "democrats".

Yeah. I can see your logic. GOP are idiots everywhere, not just in the house. So by specifying "the house", they are trying to differentiate from the larger group of fucktards in the GOP.

Kirk - Jon Pertwee
    Data - Tom Baker
    Garak - Matt Smith
    Janeway - The Valeyard

It's really bizarre to see an opinion just so disproportionate with reality. It's almost like, wait, did CERN do something and get the multiverses crossed?

Is this Kakos a hardline republican?

Kirk - Jon Pertwee
    Data - Tom Baker
    Garak - Matt Smith
    Janeway - The Valeyard

:cry:

Neelix, Okana and Lutan from "Code of Honour" could team up with the business end of a Dalek plunger.

You know what. I've revised my statement. Neelix is too good for Matt Smith. The only Star Trek character Matt Smith deserves is Tuvix.

• TaminTamin Registered User regular
    One of these days I'll rectify my lack of Dr. Who watching.

Until then, Daleks, the TARDIS and the sonic screwdriver remain the exclusive province of Hugo's House of Horrors II: Whodunit

• TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »

I think you're having blood pressure issues.*

*not a doctor

Yeah, that's not good dawg, the exact same thing happened to my mom last week and she got admitted to the hospital with her blood pressure at like, 190/130 or something ridiculous, I would seriously consider visiting a hospital or at least taking your blood pressure if you have a cuff.

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    I haven't felt this fanboyish in a While but the 5 negative reviews for Avengers seem really Contrarian.

Yesterday I almost took the flame-bait from Apothe0sis.

Kirk - Jon Pertwee
    Data - Tom Baker
    Garak - Matt Smith
    Janeway - The Valeyard

Oh, the sonic screw driver use has been steadily climbing for years, yes, but it has reached truly retarded levels in Matt Smith's tenure.

PS: Christopher Eccleston was the best of the new Doctors.

Kakos, who's the guy in your sig and what's he saying?

That is Irond Will and he is saying "KAWAII DESU NE", which is Japanese for "IT IS SO CUTE!"

Winky wrote: »

Yesterday I almost took the flame-bait from Apothe0sis.

I'm not talking about anything here. I'm talking about Rotten Tomatoes. Sorry I thought that was assumed in my context as I consider talking about "multiple reviews" and "rotten tomatoes" to be synonymous.

This discussion has been closed.