As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

God of War III - aka 'That Game Where Kratos Slaughters Everything'

1515253545557»

• Options
    AlanielAlaniel Registered User regular
    Ok, am I right in thinking this game is going to be about that period of time when Ares and Kratos were bros? From what I can tell from the vague narration, it's going to take place after Kratos makes the deal with Ares, but before he gets tricked into killing his family.

To which I can only say, "Uh... ok... I guess."

• Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    Holy shit, how many prequels do we need?

And why even end the trilogy if you're just going to put out more games?
    You seriously expected them to completely end one of their most popular franchises? Yeah right, come on. I guess you're expecting them to end Uncharted too?

Oh and if it IS entirely just a prequel (though we have no real idea what they're doing yet), it'd still only be the second one. Ghost of Sparta wasn't a prequel, it was based between 1 and 2.

Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    jerichotwofourjerichotwofour The artist formally known as S043. Registered User regular
    You seriously expected them to completely end one of their most popular franchises? Yeah right, come on. I guess you're expecting them to end Uncharted too?

Uncharted is different. Every game can be disconnected with the same characters and play out like an Indiana Jones movie. I'm a fan of God of War, and this announcement did nothing for me because I don't see where it's gonna fall or how it's gonna hook me after everything the other games have shown.

PSN: ZeroFourThree (PS3, PS4) | XBL: JerichoTwoFour (360, XB1)
  • Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    If he's not going to be fighting Thor or Anubis or something then count me out. I only have ongoing interest in this franchise if they continue down the increasingly absurd and ludicrous path they have set themselves.

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    I pretty much find myself not caring for God of War anymore; III was the finale it needed.

It would need to seriously mix the gameplay up

Also I can't believe they're not waiting for PS4. I wonder if it'll be that same God of War II mistake where they should have just waited to put it on the next console so that console would have something at launch.

• Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    They should make that game they hinted at in the first one - the modern day age game taking place in the remains of the Temple of Pandora.

I'd rather have had that concept than any of the prequel games, personally.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    There's nothing left to God of War about....

THE FUCKING WORLD IS DESTROYED!

What are we going to do? Play as a normal boring ass Kratos, go down into Hades, come out of Hades, and kill a God?

THAT GAME WAS ALREADY MADE! IT'S CALLED God of War 1, 2, and freaking 3!

• Options
    ValleoValleo Registered User regular
    If they want to milk the GoW series more, they should have created a new protagonist and have him/her fighting with a new pantheon of gods. Kratos' story is done.

• Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    God of Sacrifice: Jesus Ascension

• Options
    Igpx407Igpx407 Registered User regular
    I'm really disappointed this is a prequel! I was so excited to see where they were going to take this series after 3, and at least for now it seems like they took the safest and least creative route they could. Sigh.

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    They've already done TWO prequels. What the hell is going on over there?

• Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    Renzo wrote: »

Why on earth do people keep saying this? Ghost of Sparta is based between GoW1 and 2, it's not a f'n prequel.

My guess is that since this is being directed by yet another new director, Todd Papy, the rumours that Sony Santa Monica have split the GoW3 team into two are true and Stig's working on either a new IP or GoW4 for the PS4.

Oh and the people that thought they'd get rid of Kratos are delusional. He's an iconic character and Sony's most popular one at that. He's not going anywhere.

Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    i guess ascension is going to be all multiplayered up. i dont think GOW multiplayer is something im interested in, but anyway.

heres some multiplayer footage and an article where some guy is real excited about it

• Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    Renzo wrote: »

Why on earth do people keep saying this? Ghost of Sparta is based between GoW1 and 2, it's not a f'n prequel.

Because it was released after God of War III and takes place before God of War II. That's a prequel.