As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[League of Legends]: It's something to do when Diablo 3 is down.

• CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    A lot of the in game models don't look very good up close. Annie is a great example. Most are meant to be viewed form afar and are designed as such. Some are pretty decent though like graves.

Yeah, but....I mean that model is pretty grotesque. That has to be a fan made version or something, right?

I'd have to see it in game to make a call honestly. I learned long ago not to judge by screen shots, especially from that angle, most models are meant to be viewed from a higher angle I think. I thought fiora looked horrible in her screenshots but in game she looks fantastic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Itz6zZTovVg

Looks fine for the most part, but holy shit, her hips are wider than shoulders.

• GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    WW is really strong, and not because he shuts down "people he counters". He is strong because he offers a team wide attack speed buff and targeted anti-carry; his ult provides near guaranteed kills in lanes he is ganking or lanes he is getting ganked for.

wbBv3fj.png
  • KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    I enjoy playing Taric and Leona. Recommend me a support.

Edit: Considering saving up for Naut.
    Nunu's a great support, easy to play and only 450 IP. I can thoroughly recommend him.

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
    Kay wrote: »

Nunu's a great support, easy to play and only 450 IP. I can thoroughly recommend him.

I can as well. His bloodboil is a free attack and move speed steroid for your carry. He pairs best with champs that don't have attack speed/move speed steroids, aren't focused on burst, or have damage steroids

This means he is good for KogMaw(more attack speed buffs his damage bonus from w), Ashe(easier to kite), MF[more attack speed for more damage proc], and maybe Teemo/Kennen/Caitlyn. He is certainly better for Ashe/Kog than your current lineup, probably not better than Taric for Cait and MF, unsure about kennen [haven't actually supported an AD kennen yet]

wbBv3fj.png
  • BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    I always feel incredibly useless whenever I play support Nunu, which is pretty weird considering I love Supportplank and their playstyles are remarkably similar.

• GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    So since coming back I'd been adhering to the official meta pretty strictly. Based on the conversation yesterday I decided I would revisit Teemo bot, which I'd played extensively before my hiatus. Based on my prior experience and yesterday's discussion, my hypothesis was that while I wouldn't carry super hard late game, I should have a pretty strong early game and at least provide a utility role later on.

Smaug6 and I went bot as Teemo/Blitzcrank for two games (vs. Graves/Lulu and then Corki/Janna) and the results were pretty encouraging - in both games we effectively pummeled our opponents in bot to the point that the AD carry had about half my CS and kills. By the end of the game (each lasted around 40 minutes) I had so much more farm than the AD carry that I would just explode them. By making the AD carry a non-factor, all the rest of my team had to do was break even for us to win.

It's definitely not ideal, but it was a fun change of pace and surprisingly effective at my normal ELO. Corki was a pretty bad matchup for us and we still came out significantly ahead. At my ELO, it actually felt *more* effective than when I play Ashe/Vayne and less effective overall than Kog'maw. Most importantly, it was fun terrorizing people.

Since I don't play ranked and doubt I'll ever get to a normal ELO where this just universally stops working, I'm going to keep riding the Teemo train to Partytown.

*as long as I have an aggressive support.

3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    Nunu helps AD Kennen proc his extra damage and Mark passive more often.

Nunu is great for Kog'maw (even though Kog has its own attack speed buff in Q), Ashe, MF, Teemo, Vayne and should be good with Varus when he's released. He's not as good with Graves, Tristana or Ezreal because they already have their own AS buffs, and/or are more castery than the more traditional ADs.

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    heads up, spell flux is bugged
    (that's ryze's e)

if you are too close to an opponent when you use it, they instantly die

my brother has a replay of it doing 1300 damage to jax when he had one point in it, instantly. like not, 3 bounces, but instantly

• RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    (that's ryze's e)

my brother has a replay of it doing 1300 damage to jax when he had one point in it, instantly. like not, 3 bounces, but instantly

Working as intended

• PacificstarPacificstar Registered User regular
    Keysier wrote: »
    Arivia wrote: »
    Keysier wrote: »
    Is there any reason why my speakers literally explode when a match starts. My sound settings are at 30% volume and it used to be a "hey a game has started" to "CANNON GAME"

It's a bug, going to be fixed this patch.

Thanks be to you Ganesh!

Thank Hanuman instead! He's already in the game!
    TannerMS wrote: »
    I can't help but feel the Warwick nerfs were a response to his fotm status rather than his actual strength. 3 months ago people were telling me that he was unusable in jungle and outclassed top by Nid/Yorick/InsertSustainyGuyHere
    mastman wrote: »
    TannerMS wrote: »
    Servers are up and Spectator mode is running fine :D

you trying out the switch from sc2 to lol as well?

been playing longer than SC actually, just don't post here much

The thing is Nidalee still beats him top, as does Olaf and a few other common top picks.
    Talith wrote: »
    Grats Talith you beast of a man

Gonna buy Ezreal in your honor

TIME FOR A TRUE DISPLAY OF SKILL

<3

You won't be disappointed.

:)

I was just thinking last night that I want try Ez again now that I think I'm a little bit better at the game (mechanically)

• DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    Carnarvon wrote: »
    A lot of the in game models don't look very good up close. Annie is a great example. Most are meant to be viewed form afar and are designed as such. Some are pretty decent though like graves.

Yeah, but....I mean that model is pretty grotesque. That has to be a fan made version or something, right?

I'd have to see it in game to make a call honestly. I learned long ago not to judge by screen shots, especially from that angle, most models are meant to be viewed from a higher angle I think. I thought fiora looked horrible in her screenshots but in game she looks fantastic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Itz6zZTovVg

Looks fine for the most part, but holy shit, her hips are wider than shoulders.

Yeah it looks nice in game, I don't think her hips are too wide, but she does have those light blue protrusions on them that give that appearance.

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • ElementalorElementalor Registered User regular
    (that's ryze's e)

So basically the fidd silence bug.

Their bounce code is all kinds of messed up, hah.

Marvel Future Fight: dElementalor
    FFBE: 898,311,440
    Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/dElementalor
    (that's ryze's e)

So basically the fidd silence bug.

Their bounce code is all kinds of messed up, hah.

yeah exactly

video for people unfamiliar with the bug

• AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Which of the models is meant to look pretty bad? Or is it both of them?

I think it is both of them. (At that angle, blown up that much)

Personally, I think the relative size of some of the models is totally out of whack. Compare say, Fizz, to ANY of the more humanoid ones. He looks far, far too big. Like, he's just past their shoulder, height wise, and his head is larger than their entire body.

Equally good example: Brand is HUGE by comparison to most of the other humans.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular

You've already got two. ;) Nautilus is a lot of fun played support, and Nunu's not a bad suggestion. Blitz is good too.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• MiniwolfMiniwolf Probably somewhere sniffing somethingRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=23815072#23815072

Here is his response to why he said that.

In an unrelated note those who paid attention to the 'lunar art contest' there was a lot of amazing art made for the contest. Well some good for nothing has taken a lot of the art from the contest and placed it on mouse pads that they are trying to flog on Amazon under the name of 'Tekbuz.net' scrolling through the images you can see whole lots of art from different members of the league community as well as official art from other games. The more pressure we apply the more likely they are to be taken off as a seller.

Here is a link to one of the stolen art works

Here is the amazon 'report' form. If everyone could fill it out and just get them shut down that would be great. I know that the Reddit community is behind it as well as a couple of the others.

Miniwolf on
    League Of Legends: Ulven
    Q98DBY0.pngwolfmini.png
    So since coming back I'd been adhering to the official meta pretty strictly. Based on the conversation yesterday I decided I would revisit Teemo bot, which I'd played extensively before my hiatus. Based on my prior experience and yesterday's discussion, my hypothesis was that while I wouldn't carry super hard late game, I should have a pretty strong early game and at least provide a utility role later on.

Smaug6 and I went bot as Teemo/Blitzcrank for two games (vs. Graves/Lulu and then Corki/Janna) and the results were pretty encouraging - in both games we effectively pummeled our opponents in bot to the point that the AD carry had about half my CS and kills. By the end of the game (each lasted around 40 minutes) I had so much more farm than the AD carry that I would just explode them. By making the AD carry a non-factor, all the rest of my team had to do was break even for us to win.

It's definitely not ideal, but it was a fun change of pace and surprisingly effective at my normal ELO. Corki was a pretty bad matchup for us and we still came out significantly ahead. At my ELO, it actually felt *more* effective than when I play Ashe/Vayne and less effective overall than Kog'maw. Most importantly, it was fun terrorizing people.

Since I don't play ranked and doubt I'll ever get to a normal ELO where this just universally stops working, I'm going to keep riding the Teemo train to Partytown.

Teemo can AD carry just like every other ranged auto-attacker can (I've seen ADnivia carry games), the thing is that Teemo has very, very poor late game damage when compared to Vayne, Graves, etc. On top of that, he has no real escapes (movequick is nice, not great).

Late game Teemo is normally best used for blinding the AD carry, and he can't really do that at all if he's going the straight AD route, but if you just straight up win your lane and destroy the enemy AD, that's not a problem at all; the reason why Teemo is a bad carry is because he's going to lose the passive farmfest every single time.

Teemo can AD carry just like every other ranged auto-attacker can (I've seen ADnivia carry games), the thing is that Teemo has very, very poor late game damage when compared to Vayne, Graves, etc. On top of that, he has no real escapes (movequick is nice, not great).

Late game Teemo is normally best used for blinding the AD carry, and he can't really do that at all if he's going the straight AD route, but if you just straight up win your lane and destroy the enemy AD, that's not a problem at all; the reason why Teemo is a bad carry is because he's going to lose the passive farmfest every single time.

I mean, I think you may be leaning on Blitzcrank, who is currently pretty insane. That said, so long as you're not building an on-hit proc set of items and actually shop like an AD, Teemo's not bad bottom as a counterpick to an enemy kill lane.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• SampsenSampsen Aggressive Berserker Registered User regular

I read that as you asking for me to play Teemo every game for the next couple days. I'll add him to the rotation for you.

Sampsen_na_104_5_logo.png
    edited May 2012
    Auralynx wrote: »

I mean, I think you may be leaning on Blitzcrank, who is currently pretty insane. That said, so long as you're not building an on-hit proc set of items and actually shop like an AD, Teemo's not bad bottom as a counterpick to an enemy kill lane.

Blitzcrank pull into shroom followed by knock-up into blinding dart ending with silence. Add in heal/ignite/exhaust at your discretion.

@Sampen: I'd say that I'd like you to do that just because I enjoy watching you fail, but then I remembered that you didn't need to do anything special for that to happen.

Carnarvon on
    Blitzcrank pull into shroom followed by knock-up into blinding dart ending with silence. Add in heal/ignite/exhaust at your discretion.

That has been a classic since there's been a Blitzcrank, yeah. It is still fun times.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• NeadenNeaden Registered User regular
    So I think the new ryze is overall stronger. His new auto attack makes last hitting a lot easier and I feel like he does more damage. He is still weak to pokes but I think that since the current mid meta has shifted towards pushing to the tower he is able to hold back and keep up in last hits against a lot of pushing champs. This does mean that they will be able to take their wraiths and gank more though, but the tradeoff is a stronger lategame champ.

• RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Who would you pick for a Team Silence comp?

Garen top, Kass mid, Soraka/Talon bot, Fiddle jungle?

Rius wrote: »
    Who would you pick for a Team Silence comp?

Garen top, Kass mid, Soraka/Talon bot, Fiddle jungle?

Chogath Top

delphinidaes.png
  • NeadenNeaden Registered User regular
    SkOcelote is watching phone crash test videos on his stream and getting amazingly excited about them.

• JarsJars Registered User regular
    nidalee(and yorick) are good laners because their late game is weaker. warwick has one of the best late games around largely because his Q scales without damage items so you toss a couple on hit items(which also have defense) then build straight tank and are invincible.

• programjunkieprogramjunkie Registered User regular
    Warwick was strong before he got buffs to his passive, which was buffed only because he was a shitty jungler (he still is, if the other team knows what they're doing). His late game pre-buffs was pretty OP, and post-buffs was super OP, and now he'll go back to pretty OP again.

Hahaha. "Super OP?" Maybe with the build in your sig the scaling Q and Madred's might have been a bit rough.
    One of the biggest problems/coolest things about WW was that he could end a 5v5 as the only person alive (with 1hp, even), and could still push a tower+inhib and get away safely.

Nope. Every AD carry in the game kills turrets faster than WW does. He kills them a lot faster than other tanks / tanky DPS, I'll give you that.
    Jars wrote: »
    I guess they don't agree with you on this. warwick isn't going to get unnerfed here I can tell you that.

As long as they nerf down all the vastly more overpowered champs, that's fine. It's more a priority issue then a "OMG WW is destroyed."

• Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    Auralynx wrote: »

You've already got two. ;) Nautilus is a lot of fun played support, and Nunu's not a bad suggestion. Blitz is good too.

I meant, like, more. But yeah, think I'll pick up Nunu and Blitz.

• Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Watching random people on my friends list. Calling people out.

Colbert_Notice.jpg

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
    Warwick was strong before he got buffs to his passive, which was buffed only because he was a shitty jungler (he still is, if the other team knows what they're doing). His late game pre-buffs was pretty OP, and post-buffs was super OP, and now he'll go back to pretty OP again.

Hahaha. "Super OP?" Maybe with the build in your sig the scaling Q and Madred's might have been a bit rough.
    One of the biggest problems/coolest things about WW was that he could end a 5v5 as the only person alive (with 1hp, even), and could still push a tower+inhib and get away safely.

Nope. Every AD carry in the game kills turrets faster than WW does. He kills them a lot faster than other tanks / tanky DPS, I'll give you that.
    Jars wrote: »
    I guess they don't agree with you on this. warwick isn't going to get unnerfed here I can tell you that.

As long as they nerf down all the vastly more overpowered champs, that's fine. It's more a priority issue then a "OMG WW is destroyed."

40%CDR Tankwick has great team fight presence, will chunk the fuck out of anyone not building MR, and is pretty impossible to kill if decently farmed. His damage is great, it's just great for how damned tanky he is. Madreds/Void WW is pretty fucking scary, though.

Also, I didn't say a thing about him being 'faster than AD', I just said that he could do it. If there's an enemy creep wave nearby, full build WW can back door a tower taking no damage by Qing creeps (80% AS buff too stronk).

Colbert_Notice.jpg

soon, everyone is doing this
    people stop playing games, they only watch
    league dies

• Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular

Colbert_Notice.jpg

soon, everyone is doing this
    people stop playing games, they only watch
    league dies

Just one really stressed out and nervous guy playing against bots.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
    edited May 2012

Nunu is great for Kog'maw (even though Kog has its own attack speed buff in Q), Ashe, MF, Teemo, Vayne and should be good with Varus when he's released. He's not as good with Graves, Tristana or Ezreal because they already have their own AS buffs, and/or are more castery than the more traditional ADs.

Eh. Vayne is not a good pick with Nunu. The attack speed is nice, but Vanye doesn't really need it. She has two attack reset abilities which allow her to ability weave and she should be picking up her damage boost last not first [in comparison to MF/Kog'Maw/Teemo.

Every level of q is a supermassive boost to your reposition and every level of e is 35 to 75 damage. In order to get another level of w to be worth a level of e you would have to be attacking upwards of 6 to 9 times on the same target assuming they have ~100 armor. If you're comboing someone q/aa/e/aa/aa then they'll be dead long before you make it to the 6th attack.

Vayne is much better paired with either Janna/Taric/Alistar/Lenoa because those can punish and set up Vayne for a knock into the wall.

I played a game as Ryze and i feel like he has a slightly weaker early game due to the range reduction[but its slightly easier to last hit once you get the hang of it] and a much stronger late game once you get your RoA. I played a tanky mastery page with MPen/MS/Armor/Scaling MR vs Teemo top and lost the lane due to last hitting poorly and lots of ganks by Hecarim (I only died for free once*, but was behind some 40 CS when they surrendered). I started boots/pots[so 385 MS at level 1 or so] and that meant my damage was pretty anemic even after I got my 16 minute RoA, but teemo had some Merc Treds and Wits End so that might have been it as well. Will see how the flat mana pages go later. I don't think they'll do better than tanky pages though.

He is generally a lot safer than he used to be. Whereas previously he had no escapes now he can pop his ult to run away

*either got away clean, or got a kill and then lux wandered up top and picked up the second.

Edit: Nolifeking says I didn't trade enough so we will see how doing that more helps

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    So wait, LoL is adding Dota 2's "drop in, drop out" spectator thingy? It's called 'Watch' in Dota 2.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    So wait, LoL is adding Dota 2's "drop in, drop out" spectator thingy? It's called 'Watch' in Dota 2.

It's already in, and I'd say it's about as good as Dota 2's spectator thingy, save for that there's no spectator chat. More so, for whatever reason, you can't even PM people while in spectator.

• RamiRami Registered User regular
    If you could pm in spec surely people would just use it to cheat and tell their friends what the enemy team is doing. Not that you couldn't do that with vent but at least it isn't as easy.

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • SampsenSampsen Aggressive Berserker Registered User regular
    Goumindong wrote: »

Eh. Vayne is not a good pick with Nunu. The attack speed is nice, but Vanye doesn't really need it. She has two attack reset abilities which allow her to ability weave and she should be picking up her damage boost last not first [in comparison to MF/Kog'Maw/Teemo.

Every level of q is a supermassive boost to your reposition and every level of e is 35 to 75 damage. In order to get another level of w to be worth a level of e you would have to be attacking upwards of 6 to 9 times on the same target assuming they have ~100 armor. If you're comboing someone q/aa/e/aa/aa then they'll be dead long before you make it to the 6th attack.

Vayne is much better paired with either Janna/Taric/Alistar/Lenoa because those can punish and set up Vayne for a knock into the wall.

This is just plain wrong. Vayne/Nunu is incredibly powerful and just needs to be played properly before level 9. Attack speed/movement speed buffs on Vayne are absolutely terrifying, and I question that you have ever played Vayne.

Sampsen_na_104_5_logo.png
    GnomeTank wrote: »

Kind of, not sure how it works in Dota2 as that game is horrendous. But in LoL you will be able to join your friends games in progress and spectate them, you will also be able to rewind the game in progress, slow it down, speed it up, and see both sides of the conflict in addition to the spectate mode having an AI controlled Camera that tries to follows the action if you just want to sit back and watch. This will make the commentating on PAinhouse games pretty amazing I think.

Of course there is also the Spectator Spotlight that you can watch to get a better idea http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/next-patch-full-release-spectator-mode

delphinidaes.png
This discussion has been closed.