As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[StarCraft2] POST IN THE NEW THREAD. DIABLO KILLED THIS ONE.

• BiosysBiosys Registered User regular
    fffffff

b.net down for maintenance T.T

• YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Damn GSL is cheesy tonight.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Man, either I've lost my edge (struggling to rotlfstomp low masters on ladder), or something's up with NA.

Most of the mid-diamonds I run into are fairly weak, but I've ran into a good few that play really really well, and use the strangest of builds.

Bunker rush into mass hellions into cloak banshee into mass mech. I was so confused.

Another was a FFEing, friggin' early third-taking toss going straight into carriers.

I beat both but man wtf.

MMMig on
    l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
    It's because you leave games when you try to pause :P

• theSquidtheSquid Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    marty_0001 wrote: »
    Go to the NBN Co website, there are a few different rollout pages and one of them should include pdf's of the plan up to June 2015.

It seems to be getting most of the major population centres by then, including my little hometown, although hilariously not Squid's suburb in Western Sydney (poor bastard)

I know, I am excited too!

I fully intend to be living in Newtown being a bohemian pretentious fuck by the end of the year (bring back the goth). Apparently work will commence there in less than 3 years.

• crucialityfactorcrucialityfactor Registered User regular
    i think it's cute watching all the aussies in this thread talk about their new "modern" internets.

edited May 2012
    i think it's cute watching all the aussies in this thread talk about their new "modern" internets.

they only just got running water, so it's no surprise they're astounded by the internet

Biosys on
    Wait till they get Britney Spears.

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    We'll send her back with a bomb inside her belly. One that explodes with the force of every lethal animal in our country.

We'd wipe out all of North America.

Don't send her here.

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Anzekay wrote: »
    We'll send her back with a bomb inside her belly. One that explodes with the force of every lethal animal in our country.

We'd wipe out all of North America.

Don't send her here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNEeq5qGh8I

• _Debaser__Debaser_ Registered User regular
    Please pardon my very newbie question. I'm getting back into SC2 after a long hiatus.

Anyway, what is the best way to counter mass lings/blings in TvZ? I'm talking if both players are on three bases and all base aggresion against zerg has been repelled. I know allowing the zerg to expand in the first place was a bonehead move, but more than anything im unsure of the type of comp i should be working with.

Any help would be appreciated.

steam_sig.png
  • fatalspoonsfatalspoons Registered User regular
    blue flame hellions are good if they're not making mutas. Otherwise, just marine/tank. It's all about controlling and splitting your marines to minimize the damage they take against banelings.

• 815165815165 Registered User regular
    I'd probably put more emphasis on targeting your tank shots onto the banelings over splitting marines mid fight. Pre-splitting is awesome though and not very taxing.

Don't blue flame hellions risk getting swarmed too easily once the lings have speed? My micro isn't the best since I've been out of the game since January due to family obligations.

steam_sig.png
    Both Marine/Tank and Mech are acceptable answers to Ling/Bling.

As a sidenote; unless the Zerg makes some very large mistakes, they will always reach 3 bases. Your goal should be to delay their third and/or their mining of it for as long as possible while you get your own third up more quickly than theirs.

Ah. Gotcha. I appreciate all the tips.

steam_sig.png
    edited May 2012
    If you are both on 3 stable bases though, you are very economically ahead of the zerg.

MMMig on
    l4lGvOw.png

wra
    Yeah, I just didn't survive the bust at my main. I was doing a MMM compositon. Had plenty of bunkers, but they melted. Shame too, I used to be a high platinum/low diamond before I took a break.

steam_sig.png
  • 815165815165 Registered User regular
    MMM isn't so bad against ling/bling as long as you let the marauders eat the baneling hits for your marines.

• TheBogTheBog Registered User regular
    So 4/5 zergs got knocked out of code A today? Or am I misunderstanding these results.

Knocked Out:
    Terious by Heart
    Lucky by VINES
    Revival by DRG
    True by Puzzle
    Jookto by ACE
    Seal by JYP
    Golden by Keen

Remaining Code A:
    Yugioh beat Vampire, against Lure next
    Sniper beat Avenge, against Curious next
    Symbol beat sC, against Seed next
    Line beat Boxer by forfeit, against MMA next O.o

Remaining Code S:
    DRG beat Revival, against ACE next
    Bboongbboong beat Ggandol, against Heart next
    Nestea against Keen next
    Zenio against Bomber next
    Curious against Sniper next
    Leenock against winner of Alive v Hack
    July against winner of VINES v Gumiho

Afaik only Golden and True played last night. Both were knocked out giving us 4 left out of the previous 6.

• KambingKambing Registered User regular
    Line's fucked. DRG, Nestea, and July should make it out. I think Zenio and Leenock are f'ed as well. Have no opinion on bong but I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't make it out against heart.

@TwitchTV, @Youtube: master-level zerg ladder/customs, commentary, and random miscellany.
  • itswebitsweb Registered User regular
    Line: TRIAL BY FIRE

bboong has a p.good chance against heart, his zvt and zvz are super good, but heart is mad consistent so shruugggg

nestea v keen i dunno, and then he probably has to play mma and i don't think he can beat him

leenock vs bomber will be sad T.T

most of the other zergs like curious and yugioh have an ok chance of making it out

Biosys wrote: »
    bboong has a p.good chance against heart, his zvt and zvz are super good, but heart is mad consistent so shruugggg

nestea v keen i dunno, and then he probably has to play mma and i don't think he can beat him

most of the other zergs like curious and yugioh have an ok chance of making it out

Leenock doesn't play Bomber, he plays either Alive or Hack. The person playing Bomber is Zenio followed by Curious or Sniper.

• jaziekjaziek Bad at everything And mad about it.Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    http://drop.sc/170230

where do I go wrong in this game? I mean, I win, but thats only because he fucks up and runs into a storm. If we engage properly I lose that every time. So where did I mess up to get behind like that? Is it just down to ridiculously sloppy mechanics or what?

jaziek on
    Steam ||| SC2 - Jaziek.377 on EU & NA. ||| Twitch Stream
    Yilias wrote: »
    Biosys wrote: »

Leenock doesn't play Bomber, he plays either Alive or Hack. The person playing Bomber is Zenio followed by Curious or Sniper.

brackets are hard

i am not sad then fuck zenio gogo bomber

edited May 2012
    http://www.teamliquid.net/video/streams/TaKeTV

taketv reloaded invitational, bracket is here, all of the europeans ever, commentary is in german for today (maybe not on other days) it seems T.T

grubby is supposed to play titan in the next round but titan's apartment is currently on fire

Biosys on
  • shwaipshwaip Registered User regular
    jaziek wrote: »

where do I go wrong in this game? I mean, I win, but thats only because he fucks up and runs into a storm. If we engage properly I lose that every time. So where did I mess up to get behind like that? Is it just down to ridiculously sloppy mechanics or what?

1) Make more observers. You have next to no map vision and it can really help to set up concaves / etc when you see that the terran is posturing for an attack

2) You miss a lot of production cycles with your buildings. I selected all your warpgates, nexuses, robos, forges, etc and you have several long periods of time when you're building nothing from any of them. Try watching through the replay with them all selected and figuring out if you're just forgetting to use the cycles, or if you're busy doing something else (not dying in a battle).

shwaip wrote: »

1) Make more observers. You have next to no map vision and it can really help to set up concaves / etc when you see that the terran is posturing for an attack

2) You miss a lot of production cycles with your buildings. I selected all your warpgates, nexuses, robos, forges, etc and you have several long periods of time when you're building nothing from any of them. Try watching through the replay with them all selected and figuring out if you're just forgetting to use the cycles, or if you're busy doing something else (not dying in a battle).

Observers also help you avoid this:
    dBwaZ.jpg
    Z3bi1.jpg

If he gets Cloak you need detection and pre splitting your army so it can't be all EMPed is important. He only walked into your Storm because he thought he got all your HTs.

• VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    split your temps and keep your army between the terran and the templar. have an obs with your army. lol for days.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
    it infuriates me that terrans and zergs can be allowed to float double my money and still be fine. I should be good enough to beat these players easily, but nope, I have terrible everything except very basic macro mechanics, so they can still win.

How to punish CC first? It seems like it should be unsafe, but I can't figure out how you're supposed to punish it when it takes so long to get across the map, and there are 6 rax and bunkers everywhere by the time you get there.

• VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    if you have terrible everything you aren't good enough to beat those players. macro isn't the absolute only thing that matters, it's true, it's just that until your macro is good the other things are secondary.

but really... that shouldn't happen. their units aren't as good as yours in a broad sense. if you're spending better than them you should be doing well. maybe you're taking in less money? you only have 65 probes, I think you want around 10 more than that. he could even use a few more. also if you're making that statement re: the picture above, he is maxed and you aren't so that certainly makes a difference. he also has 5 bases down (though admittedly I don't think he's mining from the newest ones, can't tell)

plus as you said... you did win. you won after he got off free EMPs because of your mistake.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
    There's basically no difference between CC first and Gasless FE against anything other than a Cannon rush or proxy Gates. Just treat it like a 16 CC and go from there.

• itswebitsweb Registered User regular
    it infuriates me that terrans and zergs can be allowed to float double my money and still be fine. I should be good enough to beat these players easily, but nope, I have terrible everything except very basic macro mechanics, so they can still win.

how can you possibly believe this

itsweb wrote: »

how can you possibly believe this

i remember the days where jaziek was a new and novel thing

such innocent times

there is someone called WarioDunsch in my division

this makes me happy

:^:

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • mastmanmastman Registered User regular