As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Que veux-tu, [chat]? Happy May Day!

• WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    i don't really think i'm doing anything immoral

Yeah, maybe I get a warped sense of what's creepy from hanging out with Patty and her friends too much, but trading pics just doesn't strike me that way.

I mean, you should see the things these girls do. Like regularly check the facebook of their boyfriend's exes to make sure that none of them have become prettier than they are. That, in itself, is fairly innocuous, but what blows my mind is how self-aware and unashamed they are about it. Like Patty has no qualms about reading all of my OKC messages and telling me in brutal terms whether a girl is too fat or too awkward or something. She also looks up chicks I'm going on dates with on facebook beforehand, which is like way too much for me.

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    sloth i apologize, it was too gross

• skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    OH

the new league of legends spectator mode is amazing

I played a couple of games at lunch and had like 3 or 4 people pop in to vent to tell me they were watching

talk about creepers!

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    I just make tiny mistakes in my day to day life, and they snowball and become huge mistakes, and when I realize where I am everything is ruined.

That is my life so far.

I am very sure you are exaggerating. You are 20. Nothing is ruined. Nothing is fucked.

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
    Winky wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    i don't really think i'm doing anything immoral

Yeah, maybe I get a warped sense of what's creepy from hanging out with Patty and her friends too much, but trading pics just doesn't strike me that way.

I mean, you should see the things these girls do. Like regularly check the facebook of their boyfriend's exes to make sure that none of them have become prettier than they are. That, in itself, is fairly innocuous, but what blows my mind is how self-aware and unashamed they are about it. Like Patty has no qualms about reading all of my OKC messages and telling me in brutal terms whether a girl is too fat or too awkward or something. She also looks up chicks I'm going on dates with on facebook beforehand, which is like way too much for me.

i'm not trying to be catty but i bet this bitch has had like a baker's dozen abortions

• OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    OH

I played a couple of games at lunch and had like 3 or 4 people pop in to vent to tell me they were watching

talk about creepers!

oh god it's finally up. i'm so happy.

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

3 minute delay but whatever

• EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    That's what all girls do, Winky. There's a double standard, but it's still a standard.

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
    I just make tiny mistakes in my day to day life, and they snowball and become huge mistakes, and when I realize where I am everything is ruined.

That is my life so far.

It's crazy because this is the case with me all the time too, and I keep thinking "this is it, this is the point where I can't coast over my mistakes anymore and everything is going to come falling down". Then I somehow miraculously scrape by and keep on going.

It seems like at some point I'm going to have to meet with retribution for all my failures, but each time I think that point has finally come I just keep rolling.

• OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »

That is my life so far.

I am very sure you are exaggerating. You are 20. Nothing is ruined. Nothing is fucked.

Remember my handy checklist.

• spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    wazilla wrote: »
    spool32 wrote: »

Because a credit hour at UT should be more expensive than at ACC because you should be getting a better "product" (THE USE OF THE WORD PRODUCT DOES NOT ENDORSE THE COMMODIFICATION OF EDUCATION) and there is a middle ground between your example and thinking that the current cost structure is appropriate.

I've touched on this twice already! It's not possible for Freshman Comp 1 to be better enough to justify the premium you pay for taking it at UT. UT agrees with me, because they accept ACC's comp 1 class as a 100% valid substitute.

Eh, my English 125 (pretty much English 101) class at UM had a lot of ESL kids in it. I doubt they would have seen the same improvement in their writing ability had they gone to a community college.

That's pretty speculative, but it's sort of beside the point: UM and the community college agree that the coursework is equivalent, but UM charges more for it.

• ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    i think bioware are tinkering around under the hood of ME3 multi right now

weird shit is happening

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    OH

talk about creepers!

spectator mode?

oh god

oh god

oh god

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    Moisture Farmer is another step closer to becoming a real career
    French company uses wind turbine to create fresh water

That is my life so far.

It's crazy because this is the case with me all the time too, and I keep thinking "this is it, this is the point where I can't coast over my mistakes anymore and everything is going to come falling down". Then I somehow miraculously scrape by and keep on going.

It seems like at some point I'm going to have to meet with retribution for all my failures, but each time I think that point has finally come I just keep rolling.

I have a deep affection and will for you to succeed, Winky, because I think your life via your internal monologue is much more dramatic than it actually is. Each life event as world churning as the Epic of Gilgamesh.

Feral wrote: »
    OH

talk about creepers!

spectator mode?

oh god

oh god

oh god

You may watch us play now! What a privilege for you!

Elendil wrote: »
    i think bioware are tinkering around under the hood of ME3 multi right now

weird shit is happening

i played a game last night to get some credits for a spectre pack. got a batarian sentinel?

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Protip for anyone configuring exchange 2010. If you are getting service unavailable with your SMTP connector, check the storage space of your partition, chances are you're nearly out of space and exchange is freaking the fuck out about it.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    I would only watch a LoL game if I could sit in the balcony and Statler and Waldorf it with it someone

• Disco TerrierDisco Terrier Jowls aquiver. Registered User regular

That is my life so far.

Here is what I know about life:
    Life is never neat.
    But life is really hard to actually fuck up. Handy checklist when you make a mistake: Is your face scarred? Are you disabled? Wanted for a felony? Do you have a terminal disease or illness? Nope, then you're fine.

I just wish my mistakes didn't translate into complete inability to sustain myself and/or becoming a normally functioning human.

yGxvf.png

That is my life so far.

Life is never neat.
    But life is really hard to actually fuck up. Handy checklist when you make a mistake: Is your face scarred? Are you disabled? Wanted for a felony? Do you have a terminal disease or illness? Nope, then you're fine.

I just wish my mistakes didn't translate into complete inability to sustain myself and/or becoming a normally functioning human.

Well, since you're sub-20, you won't actually be a human for a few years anyway. So no worries.

batarian sentinel is kind of like the krogan sentinel

character you might as well do a melee build on because their skills kind of suck and it's better to do a safer, better build on the soldier

That is my life so far.

Life is never neat.

Don't be human.

Be dancer.

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    OH

talk about creepers!

spectator mode?

oh god

oh god

oh god

You may watch us play now! What a privilege for you!

"How are you missing all these last hits, noob? Stop pushing the lane! What do you mean what do I mean - I SEE YOU!"

• Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited May 2012

That is my life so far.

Life is never neat.

Well, since you're sub-20, you won't actually be a human for a few years anyway. So no worries.

I don't think you even get a soul until you're 21.

I haven't listened to a sermon by the homeless guy wearing the sandwich board that reads "The End is Nigh" for a while now so I might be off by a year or two.

Caveman Paws on
  • EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    I would only watch a LoL game if I could sit in the balcony and Statler and Waldorf it with it someone

Pfft. The Simpsons already did it.

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin

for a nonplayer I would assume that spectating a game would be largely unintelligible

but i hope you guys like phantoms on your silver extractions

i found out they were coming the hard way

• ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular

i'd be honored

• spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    but i hope you guys like phantoms on your silver extractions

i found out they were coming the hard way

Maybe they're feeling that silver is a little too easy after the reward packs they're going to release?

Maybe the phantoms are mad that we killed a million of their sisters?

That is my life so far.

I have a deep affection and will for you to succeed, Winky, because I think your life via your internal monologue is much more dramatic than it actually is. Each life event as world churning as the Epic of Gilgamesh.

Yeah, in my head I blow a lot of things out of proportion. What's funny is that I don't usually ever actually act on these grandiose internal struggles, so for most people outside looking in they'd never know.

You are all in a unique position in this regard.

batarian sentinel is kind of like the krogan sentinel

character you might as well do a melee build on because their skills kind of suck and it's better to do a safer, better build on the soldier

I remember I used to do a ton of melee when i started ME3. Then I just stopped.

Maybe it'd be fun for a change up from drell adept.

• Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Haha. Check this out, guys. CoalCares.com
    Wind turbines can kill up to 70,000 birds per year, or 4.27 birds per turbine per year. Coal particulate pollution, on the other hand, kills fewer than 13,000 people per year.

also I was talking with someone about this the other day

but spectating or watching a replay is so different than playing

when you're playing you're just like DERP DERP MASH BUTTONS OH GOD

and when you watch you're like, oh man that guy made a really smart move by turning around to fight, knowing he would have enough hp to survive the encounter

• RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    that meeting just wouldn't die

bleh, today has sucked

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!

for a nonplayer I would assume that spectating a game would be largely unintelligible

I dunno, the finer points yes, but the kill mans and driving people out of lane makes sense. Starcraft is exciting for non-gamers to watch I have heard.

• Disco TerrierDisco Terrier Jowls aquiver. Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »

That is my life so far.

Many things are. My life isn't, but so far every attempt at improving it or at least getting it to a state where I'm not a burden has failed because of this.

yGxvf.png

That is my life so far.

Life is never neat.

This is how I feel about my mistakes all the time too. I don't know exactly what your situation is like, but perhaps you're like me and are blowing your own faults out of proportion?

• descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »

Pfft. The Simpsons already did it.

The Simpsons did a LoL gag? Huh.

I presume that I would be drunk and my heckling would be likewise unintelligible

This discussion has been closed.