As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Castrate All Nazis: This Time in Afrika [Sniper Elite V3]

• BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Allforce wrote: »
    I wish they'd make a really good modern sniper game where you're some SEAL out in remote areas of the world taking out targets. Ala the first COD Modern Warfare game where you have to blow that guy away from the roof while he's at the meeting.

All kinds of conflict nowadays in Africa, the Middle East, South America, some great locations to design and play in I would think.

That said the demo for this was great despite my sort of apathy for WW2 settings anymore, my kid watched and it and ran out of the room when she saw me blow a guys head off.

I'd love something along the modern lines as well, especially with all the fun custom and situational ammo they have now.

And having fired one (handy having family in the military, w/ lots of loose cash), anything that will let me digitally get behind the scope of an Accuracy International AX338 (it lacks the OMG and anti-materiel factor of the various .50cal loadouts, but the .338 Lapua is my favorite long range centerfire cartridge spec) will be bought on principle.

As for Sniper Elite, love the first one, will have to look into getting this one, sadly due to bills and Kickstarters it'll be next month at the earliest before i can snag it.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    I just shot a guy with one ball.

Now I feel kinda bad.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    I just shot a guy with one ball.

Now I feel kinda bad.

You feel bad for killing Hitler?

I...uh...what?

edit: Still wondering if anyone bought it off getgamesgo for 30 bucks and got a code today or not. It basically sounds like you could buy the game off the site and play today with the DLC. Unless you're not in the US, then it'll be a preload.

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
  • Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    I haven't killed Hitler yet I'm playing through the campaign.

I shot a Russian and there was only 1 ball dangling there. :(

• BobbleBobble Registered User regular

Not enough supplies for the entire army. Once he went down, I'm sure the man behind him picked it up.

• anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    I haven't killed Hitler yet I'm playing through the campaign.

Ha. Oh. Well maybe you shot the other one off before and forgot?

• DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    I got gifted this game.

I think once its done downloading, I'ma totally stream my campain progress.

• FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    I tried to buy this but Steam is not accepting the debit card that I have used literally forever on there, and there's plenty of money in the account. Oh well.

Frei on
    Are you the magic man?
    A lot of the pages I open on Steam aren't working, so I'd assume they're being wonky.

Has anyone tried co-op or multiplayer? I'm wondering if those are any fun. Also, are the x ray kills in multiplayer?

• Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Alot of online retailers don't seem to think this game is out now.

Sniper Elite V2 on amazon isn't sold by Amazon but rather 505 Games. and it says it usually ships between 1-4 weeks...

Other places like Gamestop, Gamefly and Best Buy all have differing opinions on release date. Some say 5-2-12, others say 5-3-12. Best Buy says 5-1-12 but still has the game listed as "coming soon". Ugh, am I going to have to actually stop at a brick and mortar place? How pedestrian... :P

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    I liked multi player. Much slower paced than your usual death match run and gun games. Only did a few maps but they were pretty big with lots of cover/sniping points. For the games I was in, they were 20 minute affairs, with conditions set to sniper rifles only, which definitely was fun.

I can't remember if there were X-ray shots but I'm fairly sure there were cinematic slowmo shots.

I'm eager to spend more time doing multi for sure, even though I'm pretty terrible at it.

For anyone who was wondering about the getgames thing -

I'm in the US, I saw the getgames site after Steam kept messing up as I tried to buy it there. I bought it for 29.99 (US dollars) and the CD key and DLC preorder key was immediately in my account info and also mailed to me, and it redeemed immediately on Steam.

So, if you're looking to get it, get it there... you'll save 20 bucks and you can still get the preorder bonus.

Are you the magic man?
    Frei wrote: »
    For anyone who was wondering about the getgames thing -

I'm in the US, I saw the getgames site after Steam kept messing up as I tried to buy it there. I bought it for 29.99 (US dollars) and the CD key and DLC preorder key was immediately in my account info and also mailed to me, and it redeemed immediately on Steam.

So, if you're looking to get it, get it there... you'll save 20 bucks and you can still get the preorder bonus.

Nice. I was wondering about this.

I'm gonna stream some playing it if anyone is on the fence.

http://www.livestream.com/docshifty

I dunno if it's because I played so much day of defeat and call of duty 1 back in the day, but WW2 games like define PC gaming for me.

Heh, nice two-fer shot at the start of the "demo" mission, Shifty.

In the tutorial mission, right before the end? I shot the fuel tank on that truck and took out a few of them in the blast. Now I'm always looking for conveniently placed gas tanks.

If any of you want to do co-op a bit later on, feel free to add me. Going to get acclimated with the game a bit first.

Are you the magic man?
  • BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Doc's stream has sold me on the game. I've decided I need to castrate nazis now, rather than later.

Sadly, will take about 3 hours to download.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
    I am terribad at doing nutshots.

Anyone down for co-op later this evening? I'm about to head out to dinner with the gf but later I'm all over it.

• CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    Docshifty wrote: »
    I'm gonna stream some playing it if anyone is on the fence.

http://www.livestream.com/docshifty

This is a fantastic stream :D

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    I am terribad at doing nutshots.

Anyone down for co-op later this evening? I'm about to head out to dinner with the gf but later I'm all over it.

Are the co-op missions mode specific or just the SP stuff?

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
    Big Isy wrote: »
    They could use the much lauded myth about him having only one testicle!

Apparently he has both of 'em. Someone got the shot and youtubed it. I'm going to demand a refund. :P

Apparently he has both of 'em. Someone got the shot and youtubed it. I'm going to demand a refund. :P

Oh well. Still, shooting Hitler in the nuts is something generations of people have wanted to do for a long time.

Are they at least, like, really small?

• DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Alright I'm back with a belly full of delicious toasted ravioli and some flatbread pizza.

Who wants to rupture some Nazi colons with me? I'm on steam right now.

• KandenKanden Registered User regular
    Oh man the demo for this game is awesome! Whenever I get my new computer I'm going to buy it.

Steve Blum should be in this game cause imma kill dicks all the time.

Anybody in here not sure if this game is the right one for you?

http://livestre.am/1W5qm

Jump to 58:30 and watch.

It was the most amazing thing.

edited May 2012
    Man, I can't kill Hitler. He runs and hides like a little bitch the entire time. And I'm assuming once the tank comes, that's it. Because he won't move after that. He just stays behind a wall the whole time.

anoffday on
    edited May 2012
    No, you have to kill the tank, then he'll make one last run to the train.

And has a smug angry look as he escapes that really makes me want to send a bullet into his mustache. But yeah, ultimate fail is if he gets to the train.

Edit: also, did you guys get your pre- order guns? I didn't have access to them last night and was all sad face. apparently a steam thing that simply requires a restart, will try tonight.

Elderlycrawfish on
  • Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Docshifty wrote: »
    Anybody in here not sure if this game is the right one for you?

http://livestre.am/1W5qm

Jump to 58:30 and watch.

It was the most amazing thing.

Holy shit Doc, we're like *this*
    I was playing the demo on the PS3 about 20minutes ago and I saw the same thing happen! You can also see bits of the intestines fly out too.

Dirtyboy wrote: »

The best part is how the normally retarded video game eyes that point wherever the fuck they want to just go to make this image even more unnerving. Like, the force of the bullet is pushing them out of position.

• HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    Based on how Multiplayer turns out, i'll probably have a dedicated server up soon.

I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
    No, you have to kill the tank, then he'll make one last run to the train.

And has a smug angry look as he escapes that really makes me want to send a bullet into his mustache. But yeah, ultimate fail is if he gets to the train.

Edit: also, did you guys get your pre- order guns? I didn't have access to them last night and was all sad face. apparently a steam thing that simply requires a restart, will try tonight.

Ohh ok. Damn. I'll try again later.

Also @HallowedFaith that server would be awesome. We need to snipe each other.

The campaign was funner to watch. I hope the online gets more active soon.

Dirtyboy wrote: »

So that def. looked to me like he only had 1 ball.

Also, I finally managed to kill him. I swear some of his entrails came out.

• KandenKanden Registered User regular
    Holy crap. I was replaying the demo because unfortunately I don't have enough cash to get the full game right now and I made a dude explode by shooting the bullets he had on his chest. Oh man this game is amazing.