As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Screenshots 9: Needs More Spiky Bits

• vamenvamen Registered User regular
    Monty - Ha, I did look very sad in those photos. I still say I look like a castle. I'm getting there!

• DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    That guys name is atrocious....but I can't help but chuckle at the fact that it is a bouncy popori just strolling by with such a heinous name.

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    I can't believe there's no language filter for names and guilds like there is for regular chat. Kind of an oversight.

• SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Meatoberfest. Great festival or greatest festival?

7k0Eh.jpg

Seidkona on
    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    Most of my GW2 shots were low res affairs detailing my exploits getting behind invisible walls or falling through the world. The one hi res shit I did take? Lion's Arch.
    PGGv6.jpg
    Not sure when the PA guild was there, but I was on the same server playing with a buddy of mine.

SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    liontime.png
    We Narnia Now

skywhale.png
    Me and my new friend tracked down the elusive skywhale that is as big as a town

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    imagine all the loot that would spill out of that

tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    Wren wrote: »
    Now double it, if you are talking female "armor" in this game.

steam_sig.png
  • naengwennaengwen Registered User regular
    Smrtnik wrote: »
    Wren wrote: »
    Now double it, if you are talking female "armor" in this game.

Drops include a blonde wig, satin dress, lingerie, and a diamond tiara.

All male restricted, mind you.

• ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    Huh... that's an impressive view!
    ugaAH.jpg
    I later jumped off of it, sadly my pictures in the water came out... uhh... ever seen an entire wall of TVs? Kinda like that.

Fighting a ridiculously powerful giant that attacked a charr town in the 15-25 area, it basically will one shot you whether you're melee or not since it does a shockwave attack that comes after you if you don't dodge.
    uCxBH.jpg

A look down into the Black Citadel from the highest vantage point I could get.
    porxF.jpg

My Norn Guardian got a really awesome sword as a reward for one of his personal story quests, as you can see, spiky!
    0fYKb.jpg

End of Beta event, where we fought the vile, vicious, horribly evil... Legendary White Rabbit.
    VNJCs.jpg

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • SonorkSonork CanadaRegistered User regular
    One of the only screens I took this weekend. I think the female charr look way cooler than the male charr. Also, warriors are a ton of fun.

S0eND.jpg

• EnigEnig a.k.a. Ansatz Registered User regular
    I wish male charr looked a bit more feline, like the female charr, but I suppose that is what makes them distinct.

Here's some more GW2 screenshots of mine:

The outskirts of the city of Lion's Arch
    ?.jpg

A bridge in Lion's Arch
    ?.jpg

One of the walkways in Lion's Arch. It is possible to climb the scaffold in the background
    ?.jpg

Underneath the harbor in Lion's Arch, the ruins of the old city (from Guild Wars 1)
    ?.jpg

To secure a tower or keep in World vs World PvP you first have to kill a tough NPC leader
    ?.jpg

In the town of Beetletun in Kryta
    ?.jpg

The ruins of the Temple of Ages are now sunk beneath the waters of a swamp
    ?.jpg

A bandit hideout
    ?.jpg

Some sort of krait (water-snake-people) structure, I think
    ?.jpg

ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
    Steam (Ansatz) || GW2 officer (Ansatz.6498)
  • FlayFlay Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Posting this here too

UIjzW.jpg

Smile for the camera!

Flay on
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Well I too had a cookout once
    KonephaF_001.jpg

Guild wars does look awesome but I am really burned out on playing and trying out mmo lately

• Enosh20Enosh20 Registered User regular
    wowscrnshot050112132548.jpg
    my evil russian space goat

• BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    went sight seeing

elfcity.png
    ruins.png
    rainvalley.png
    foresthill.png
    dang.png
    breather.png

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • OptyOpty Registered User regular
    Whenever I see that rabbit from behind all I can think of is the one from Alice and Wonderland.

• DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    @Beezel you are not making my work day move any faster damn you......

Also I apologize to everyone for earlier as my early screenshots seem to have shadows disabled. Ye sI know they are still stunning without shadows, but all my future screenshots will have full glorious shadows enabled. I think my little album one might have had them on.

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • CadeCade Eppur si muove.Registered User regular
    I look at all these pictures of Tera and GW2 and think I wouldn't mind trying....but I'm committed to enough things already.

Plus I can't help shake the belief that Tera no matter how good looking it is will fall into the Aeon like state of being.

• DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Aion was released as is, Tera has a Western company localizing it (i.e. removing stuff we hate over here like random chance crafting and grinding forever just to level).

Even so, Aion was pretty cool. The game world was amazing, as was the music. Better than GW 2 or Tera, as far as I've gotten in either. Really good graphics for the time, too. I just couldn't keep grinding after a point.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    I hear they added more grind to Tera for the Asian market, not the other way around.

• Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Enosh20 wrote: »
    my evil russian space goat

Nice Tabard. What's the armor look like?

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    I hear they added more grind to Tera for the Asian market, not the other way around.
    Wait, so.. they like it?

Also, some of those Tera screens remind me of Final Fantasy X, specifically the one with the lightning towers and the one with the purlply forest.

steam_sig.png
  • WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular

but teras been around a lot longer in asia hasnt it? unless theyve patched in more grind recently

tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Here is how it went.

Tera released in Korea. Bluehole studios, from the START, wanted to make this MMO as western as possible. So a lot of focus on the quest, smooth exp leveling curve, the whole nine yards.

Within the first 3 or 4 days of official release in Korea, a good chunk of the population was 58, and they complained about the massive lack of grind, so they ADDED SOME.

The consumables? Campfire's? Enchanting bullshit? All added because of Korean feedback during their beta's.

They basically created Enmasse to basically reverse engineer ALL THAT OUT OF THE GAME.

And they did, for the most part.

Transporter on
  • Enosh20Enosh20 Registered User regular
    I don't get it, why does the asian playerbase like grinding so much?
    Nice Tabard. What's the armor look like?
    nothing terribly exciting
    wowscrnshot050112155639.jpg

not transmogrified or anything, just what I got am
    will try to get the firelands set because I think it looks awesome

Check http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/59712/why-do-koreans-like-to-grind-so-much

• Lucky CynicLucky Cynic Registered User regular
    Aldo wrote: »
    Check http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/59712/why-do-koreans-like-to-grind-so-much

Well, its culture.

I spoke with executive producer Jeff Hickman from the Warhammer Online team and he was saying that the Russian players wanted permanent keeps, meaning you would do a keep raid in epic RvR, destroy your enemy, hang up your guild tapestry- and literally OWN a portion of the world because they were much more hard core.

Well, its culture.

I spoke with executive producer Jeff Hickman from the Warhammer Online team and he was saying that the Russian players wanted permanent keeps, meaning you would do a keep raid in epic RvR, destroy your enemy, hang up your guild tapestry- and literally OWN a portion of the world because they were much more hard core.

And not thinking things through, because one massive guild will form, conquer all keeps and rule the lands until enough people get disgruntled by the current guild's leaders and form a new big guild to conquer the old guild's keeps.

Actually, that sounds exactly like Russia.

• ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited May 2012

Well, its culture.

I like how these russians are thinking. Also this is kind of exactly how RvR in Warhammer Online was advertised as first "take over a keep with your guild and raise your banners and start customizing the keep!".

Reality was of course a lot paler and buggier

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    There's that story (which is probably told in that thread just linked) about how City of Heroes just failed completely in Korea.

The players didn't realize they could customize their appearance before hopping into the game. The game was full of people with the default appearance. They were expecting to grind for costume parts, because that's what they were used to.

• Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Wait, so.. they like it?

Also, some of those Tera screens remind me of Final Fantasy X, specifically the one with the lightning towers and the one with the purlply forest.

That big flying whale thingy is totally Sin.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    There's that story (which is probably told in that thread just linked) about how City of Heroes just failed completely in Korea.

The players didn't realize they could customize their appearance before hopping into the game. The game was full of people with the default appearance. They were expecting to grind for costume parts, because that's what they were used to.

Who would play such a game? More over, why?

• CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    Thread needs more screenshots.

GGFeV.jpg

The handsomest Charr Engineer in all of Tyria. With his very own superscopic monocle.

488W936.png
  • DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Zzulu wrote: »

Well, its culture.

I like how these russians are thinking. Also this is kind of exactly how RvR in Warhammer Online was advertised as first "take over a keep with your guild and raise your banners and start customizing the keep!".

Reality was of course a lot paler and buggier

Russians also love perma-death.

Fighting bizarre robots in the middle of the desert definitely made me think of FFX.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • TolerantZeroTolerantZero Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Corehealer wrote: »
    Thread needs more screenshots.

-classy charr-

This has to be the ugliest charr I have ever...

...a monocle? Not bad. Coupled with his dasterdly grin, he, like his victims, screams "evil mastermind".

TolerantZero on
    Steam | Raptr | 3DS - 2552-2106-0321
  • JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    My charr thief. He was cool, but I'm definitely going with a smaller race at launch, because I don't like being a huge stealthy bro.

gw004zz.jpg

• TopiaTopia Registered User regular
    TQTDn.jpg

• The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Man, its been said already, but holy shit are the GW2 screenies bi-polar. One will look like the most generic MMO from 4 years ago and then the next will look wonderful.

The don't compete with the sheer absurd beauty of the TERA screens, but the good ones at least certainly stand on their own merits.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• ArthilArthil Registered User regular

Who would play such a game? More over, why?

DC Universe Online! :rotate:

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
This discussion has been closed.