As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

FoodSaver?

Darth_fluffyDarth_fluffy Registered User regular
edited July 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
Does this and other products like it actually work? Does anyone have any experience with one? Is this really that much better than a Ziploc bag or Tupperware?

I would love to be able to freeze leftovers or large batches of food in individual sized portions. It would make buying meat in bulk easier too. I usually only need one piece of chicken or a pound of hamburger meat at a time.

Darth_fluffy on

• Options
    Butterfly4uButterfly4u Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Are you kidding me? I love my foodsaver. I'd chop up five green peppers and freeze them. I could open and reseal the bag as many times as I wanted. You don't get freezer burn. Stuff lasts longer. You can make your own sized bags. Not to mention it's easy to use. I put a head of lettuce into one of the foodsaver bags, vacuum sealed it, and it stayed green and crispy for weeks in the fridge. It's totally worth the money.

Butterfly4u on
    Butterfly
  • Options
    Darth_fluffyDarth_fluffy Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Are you kidding me? I love my foodsaver. I'd chop up five green peppers and freeze them. I could open and reseal the bag as many times as I wanted. You don't get freezer burn. Stuff lasts longer. You can make your own sized bags. Not to mention it's easy to use. I put a head of lettuce into one of the foodsaver bags, vacuum sealed it, and it stayed green and crispy for weeks in the fridge. It's totally worth the money.

It's good to hear something positive. I've been wanting one for a while now but have been apprehensive about dropping $50 on one.

Darth_fluffy on
  • Options
    JHunzJHunz Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    They're totally awesome. I have a different brand, I think, but I recommend getting a vacuum sealer without hesitation.

JHunz on
    bunny.gif Gamertag: JHunz. R.I.P. Mygamercard.net bunny.gif