As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[PS Vita] 2.0: PS1 support is a go (unless you live in North America and don't own a PS3)

• TheSonicRetardTheSonicRetard Registered User regular
    Does MK support transfarring with the PS3 version?
    No idea. I'd look at the box and tell you, but I can't even rely upon that considering it doesn't even correctly list game features.

Anyway I've also added a charitable paragraph at the end of the article, that I think people will find more agreeable. Let me know what you guys think.
    http://www.1up.com/do/blogEntry?bId=9099175

Go rent MK for the PS3 and test it out :P

• Chris FOMChris FOM Registered User regular
    Rayman Origins; PS3 or Vita? How much gets lost going from the big-screen TV to the Vita's tiny one?

• The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Chris FOM wrote: »
    Rayman Origins; PS3 or Vita? How much gets lost going from the big-screen TV to the Vita's tiny one?

As far as I know the only thing cut was multiplayer, otherwise it is a great port.

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • nathanaelnathanael Registered User regular
    Chris FOM wrote: »

The demo sold me on the Vita version. It's pretty impressive. And by "pretty impressive," I mean, "Amazing to look at in every way."

This my Gamertag— NathanaelPM
    This is my PSN ID— Radthanael
  • Mostlyjoe13Mostlyjoe13 Evil, Evil, Jump for joy! Registered User regular
    A bad port is a bad port. I'll allow they may have issues with shaders and some of the smoothing the PS3 can pull off, but damn you didn't even have to look hard for those badly rendered stills on Google. Don't be too nice.

PSN ID - Mostlyjoe Steam ID -TheNotoriusRNG
  • The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    A bad port is a bad port. I'll allow they may have issues with shaders and some of the smoothing the PS3 can pull off, but damn you didn't even have to look hard for those badly rendered stills on Google. Don't be too nice.

I just played a round on Pit II and the moon in the background is so heavily aliased that it looks like it was made of LEGOs.

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • plufimplufim Dr Registered User regular
    I guess this explains why the Mortal Kombat Vita commercials are live action then. I can understand if they made some sacrifices to maintain 60fps, but this is ridiculous. And it is hardly a rushed port, it was announced what, a year ago?

3DS 0302-0029-3193 NNID plufim steam plufim PSN plufim
    steam_sig.png
  • RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    Okay. Now I can see why people love the Disgaea series so much. This shit is addictive.

• ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    Rayman is really fantastic looking on both the Vita and the ps3.

I ended up getting it on the Vita and loving it. But I could see wanting to see that on a big screen

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Rizzi wrote: »
    Okay. Now I can see why people love the Disgaea series so much. This shit is addictive.

People mistake Disgaea for just being purely a grind fest

Forgetting entirely that all of the content pre-grind is a lot of fun entirely on its own even if you never do any post game content

I should not have gone back to the overlords castle to level up my new characters. That thing has like 50 million hp the second time you go there. D:

• GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I finally ended up pulling the trigger on Hotshots Golf. I found myself playing the demo over and over, and I figured that was a pretty good indication I'd have fun with it. So far, so good. The reviewers were right about the need to get gold stars making the game feel a bit tedious on hard courses, but overall it's a fun golf game.

GnomeTank on
    Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
    edited April 2012
    plufim wrote: »
    I guess this explains why the Mortal Kombat Vita commercials are live action then. I can understand if they made some sacrifices to maintain 60fps, but this is ridiculous. And it is hardly a rushed port, it was announced what, a year ago?

I don't know if any of the commercials are running in the UK but they would absolutely run afoul of their very stringent truth in advertising laws because they liberally splice in console footage when showing the game full screen, and Vita footage when showing it on a tiny Vita in the middle of the screen, so it's hard to tell the difference in graphics. There were even a couple instances in one where on the Vita somebody was about to activate an x-ray move, and it zooms in and goes full screen, only to show the console version of the attack. That is downright deceptive marketing.

The_Spaniard on
    Rizzi wrote: »
    I should not have gone back to the overlords castle to level up my new characters. That thing has like 50 million hp the second time you go there. D:

Nasty little bit that. Almost as bad as trying to get a bill passed and trying "by force" only to discover the senators are X2 my level. Opps. Should have looked a little closer. In the end I had to empty my war chest to restore my party.

• mugginnsmugginns Jawsome Fresh CoastRegistered User regular
    If I'm not a fan of crying eyes anime tropes am I gonna like Disgaea at all? I hear aboot it so much that I guess I should try it.

E26cO.jpg
    I hate most anime stuff and the gameplay makes up for the anime

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • RainbowDespairRainbowDespair Registered User regular
    mugginns wrote: »
    If I'm not a fan of crying eyes anime tropes am I gonna like Disgaea at all? I hear aboot it so much that I guess I should try it.

Disgaea is about as anime as it gets (although admittedly, it's a parody so maybe that will help).

The game doesn't take itself seriously in the least. Give it a shot.

edited May 2012
    So reviews are starting to trickle in for Mortal Kombat, all fairly positive, because like I said before, it still is the same game, but they are making sure to point out the shit graphics this port has. As a matter of fact some are trying to downplay the bad graphics, IGN almost completely glosses over them and gives the graphics an 8.5 out of 10.

2012-04-30-183340.jpg

You tell me if this looks like 8.5 graphics huh?

The_Spaniard on
    Damn, that looks like shit.

• chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    On a psp, sure.

steam_sig.png
    Or maybe the 3DS version. But man, not on a PSV.

edited May 2012
    Here are a couple more screenshots from reviews.

2012-04-29-155213.jpg

2012-04-29-154346.jpg

Now compare that to the official promotional screens used to market the game.

2.jpg

Yeah they post processed the shit out of the official shots.

The_Spaniard on
  • Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    That is total bullshot.

As I recall, the debut Vita trailer was PS3 quality graphics. So that was a total mockup? :/

Oh brilliant
  • IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    Wow, that is some serious false advertisement.

• FettS1FettS1 Registered User regular
    Obviously those character models look pretty bad in screens - do they look any better in motion?

Just curious if they are tolerable or not - I mainly got a Vita for portable fighters & would love to add this to the collection, but on the fence now.

Diablo3: FettS1#1626
    PSN: FettS1
    FFXIV: Kashell Valeth
  • plufimplufim Dr Registered User regular
    2012-04-29-154346.jpg

Quan Chi's face D:

I'll be interested to see how the game is recieved from the fans and the more reputable websites.

3DS 0302-0029-3193 NNID plufim steam plufim PSN plufim
    steam_sig.png
  • BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Wow, those screens... wow... I think IGN had a typo, it should have been a 5.8 instead.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    The MK thing is weird. It really doesn't seem like it's a lazy port considering all the extra content, but man those graphics are just unexcusable.

And the MGS HD Collection, although not looking as bad, is also pretty dissapointing. Looks like an upres PS2 game. And then there's no Peace Walker (probably so they can still sell it for a premium digitally).

Haven't seen any of the MGS HD Collection actually on the Vita screen. Where'd ya see em?

The Vita version dropping Peace Walker is the weirdest thing. It already being on PSN as the PSP original version is a terrible excuse - HD Collection had a bunch of improvements, like the online multiplayer. And if I'm not mistaken, the PS3 version explicitly mentioned transfarring to "the Vita version of Peace Walker"

Oh brilliant
  • KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    New trailer got released yesterday/today. Would link it but I'm at work. It's in the usual spots.

• chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    There are comparison pictures and it looks about the same as the PS3 version. I mean, they basically were just up ported PS2 games even on the PS3, so I dunno what people are expecting.

Also peace Walker HD was seperate in japan, so, no surprise they'd dump it this time around. May still release at some point.

steam_sig.png
    I think that game looks fine, as long as it still plays the same and has a good frame rate.

The only thing that sucks is the deceptive advertising that went on.

• skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Apparently they sacrificed graphics for framerate.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • FettS1FettS1 Registered User regular
    I caved & bought MK Vita. The character models are pretty bad - especially compared to the console version. You figure the vita could do better than that, but it's still fun. And, in my opinion, it looks acceptable in motion. Gameplay is great & the matches I tried online were smooth. I do hope there's someway to turn off the microphone. I don't need people around me hearing someone curse me out online.

Diablo3: FettS1#1626
    PSN: FettS1
    FFXIV: Kashell Valeth
    So looking through the first post I noticed that Thexder Neo PSP was transferrable to the Vita. I downloaded the file to my PS3 again and tried to copy it over through the Vita. No joy. Tried looking for it in the Vita PSN store link and nothing shows up. Is this something I have to download through Media Go and figure out how to transfer it over to the Vita?

Thanks in advance for any help with my plight.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Vita's back compatible library seems very region specific, anything that isn't officially announced might work in one region, but not another.

...though, it looks like Thexder is on the incompatible list, which means there's currently no way to get it to work.

Oh brilliant
    Ha ha ha... well I'll be damned it is! Thanks for pointing that out for me. I just saw it in the Recommended PSP list and thought, "Oh cool! I can play it on my Vita." Didn't look at the other list and see that it is incompatible. That probably needs to be fixed on the first post so people don't do the same.

The Vita's system of copying things over from the PC/PS3 is a bit annoying to me after the simplicity of the PSP.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • NailbunnyPDNailbunnyPD Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Touch to zoom in on boobs!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAcAvjk55O4

NailbunnyPD on
    XBL: NailbunnyPD PSN: NailbunnyPD Origin: NailbunnyPD
    NintendoID: Nailbunny 3DS: 3909-8796-4685
    steam_sig-400.png
    I don't mean to spam the thread with these pics, but somebody posted this one elsewhere that was so bad I just had to share.

wFxnw.jpg
    How and why the sweaty hell are websites downplaying the bad graphics so much?