As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[League of Legends]: It's something to do when Diablo 3 is down.

• Options
    CrovaxanCrovaxan Registered User regular
    I bought Udyr, that way i can lane with tiger, or learn to jungle with phoenix. it gives me a bit more versatility if i get bored with graves.

1850973-1.png
    Crovax.436 Steam: Crovaxan
  • Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    Jars wrote: »
    ad taric used to be a much better thing with his old ult

This new ult is ;_;

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    So, I've basically swapped from raging at normals to just grinding out ranked. Currently in the mid-900s, pop in if you want to see hilariously bad builds and people who have no awareness of anything from their face to the other side of the map.

Like the Graves who when we saw the entire team coming for him and covered him with 20 pings, decided to flee into their jungle and not take the 2 steps back across the river to a turret.

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    Hargaad of OmnarHargaad of Omnar New Badges? Fucking BOSS!Registered User regular
    ChaosHat wrote: »
    Crovaxan wrote: »
    Man udyr is freaking strong, but im soo bad at hiim its not even funny. I might end up buying him before leona since i need something other then a carry

Udyr is the most boring champion in the history of ever. Everytime I play him I immediately wonder why I resigned myself to this torture for at least 20 minutes.

udyr

1) runs fast
    2) punches people in the dick
    3) cannot die

sounds like a recipe for success to me

Tell this to the shitty pubbie I just had. I don't think he knows what summoner spells are for, or how to use abilities. He died at least 5 times top. At least 4 of those deaths were him being pushed to the end of the second top bush, and fell to an easy gank by the enemy Shyv. There was 1 time that I was coming to gank, but the Shyv beat me to it...so I walked in and put some dmg on them to make them stop chasing our Derpdyr. What does Derpdyr do at 40 health? Turtle form, goes back in, and dies.
    Then, proceeds to bitch at me the rest of the game for not "sticking with it" when the Shyv had about 100 health, and the Nautilus had half health, while I was about 150 health...maybe 200. Apparently I'm supposed to go back in for the one kill, while giving up a double.
    And my premade partners don't say a fucking word. Good to know I'm the only one watching this shit. :\

Star Wars (2 separate links)
    Yelling at butts will never NOT be funny. Thanks, Psy!
    Also, Abby is awesome. Keep up with TLH because it's the tits!

I love League of Legends, but seriously...screw you, Teemo.
  • Options
    Hargaad of OmnarHargaad of Omnar New Badges? Fucking BOSS!Registered User regular
    Moridin889 wrote: »
    I was actually watching one of those in houses.

Bruiser taric too stronk.

You love the new stalker mode, don't you?
    Me too

5-man premade, or Stalker Mode from now on.

Star Wars (2 separate links)
    Yelling at butts will never NOT be funny. Thanks, Psy!
    Also, Abby is awesome. Keep up with TLH because it's the tits!

I love League of Legends, but seriously...screw you, Teemo.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    70 minutes in queue ;_; still waiting for a game.

edit: 90 minutes in queue

Talith on
    7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Maybe i should go join the queue, get a chance to get my ass beat by Talith

edit: Normal dominion right?

edit: You left queue i don't see you in the PA chat

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    Draft :V

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Started dominion draft queue

edit: Seriously though no one plays Dominion draft. And you're queuing at 12:40 AM pst and expecting to get a game?

Are you trying to break the record or something?

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Goumindong wrote: »
    Started dominion draft queue

edit: Seriously though no one plays Dominion draft. And you're queuing at 12:40 AM pst and expecting to get a game?

Are you trying to break the record or something?

He's just going to stay in the queue until the morning when he has a chance.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Well, i just got a game. So heres hoping talith stomps me

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    100 minute queue time, 14 minute game. Went 9/0/7 on Riven :V

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    I went 2/6/7 on AP trist

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    I'm doing some regular dom if you like

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    I've now made a friends folder just for stalkers. People that have suddenly added me just so they can spectate my games. Yeah...

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    TommattTommatt Registered User regular
    Talith wrote: »
    I've now made a friends folder just for stalkers. People that have suddenly added me just so they can spectate my games. Yeah...

But then I'd be waiting an hour to watch a game :p

• Options
    ThisThis Registered User regular
    ChaosHat wrote: »
    Crovaxan wrote: »
    Man udyr is freaking strong, but im soo bad at hiim its not even funny. I might end up buying him before leona since i need something other then a carry

Udyr is the most boring champion in the history of ever. Everytime I play him I immediately wonder why I resigned myself to this torture for at least 20 minutes.

udyr

1) runs fast
    2) punches people in the dick
    3) cannot die

sounds like a recipe for success to me

Tell this to the shitty pubbie I just had. I don't think he knows what summoner spells are for, or how to use abilities. He died at least 5 times top. At least 4 of those deaths were him being pushed to the end of the second top bush, and fell to an easy gank by the enemy Shyv. There was 1 time that I was coming to gank, but the Shyv beat me to it...so I walked in and put some dmg on them to make them stop chasing our Derpdyr. What does Derpdyr do at 40 health? Turtle form, goes back in, and dies.
    Then, proceeds to bitch at me the rest of the game for not "sticking with it" when the Shyv had about 100 health, and the Nautilus had half health, while I was about 150 health...maybe 200. Apparently I'm supposed to go back in for the one kill, while giving up a double.
    And my premade partners don't say a fucking word. Good to know I'm the only one watching this shit. :\

I didn't say anything because I'm not interested in raging and blame arguments.

• Options
    League of Legends needs a PSA about how Urgot with a brutalizer [as his only damage item] is not a carry and no, he does not do any damage and yes, that is why we are losing team fights because their Ashe built IE/PD/LW and you have Brutalizer/FH/Zeal.

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    That is a significant gold difference in items right there...

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    That is a significant gold difference in items right there...
    Oh, he had a guardian angel [and mana crystal] too. I just figured i would list the items that might help in a team fight. [not including boots2]

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    Argh. So pissed right now at this game. Not for a loss though.

New champ, horsey dude. We invade cause there's a shaco. We're fighting them, fighting their blue, somehow I get the last hit. Not exactly a bad thing as I'm graves and we shit bottom the fuck down and I get fed. But our horsey guy, who sucks, starts throwing a hissy fit and as far as I can tell, intentionally feeding. Bitching and complaining about that first blue, talking shit, so I mite his ass and try to carry. Our mid akali is fed hard, but horsey totally feeds fizz and one other char.

Then I get DC'd. Hope I can get back into game, my PC took a dump, and all I want to do, is report this guy. Pretty sure I'll get a DC, and me get reported. Had been a good might before this horse fucker.

• Options
    I've now made a friends folder just for stalkers. People that have suddenly added me just so they can spectate my games me failing at kassadin. Yeah...

Corrected for truth :P

Also yay more bad arrows as Ashe.

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    I want a please shoot me now button in draft pick.

I have myself as Shyv, Fiora, Veigar, Soraka, and Graves

against Kennen, Kassadin, Shaco, Janna, and Olaf.

Ow.

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    6300 ip and thinking about kog. I have graves and MF though so not sure on the AD side.

I like aggressive supports so leona is a possibility. Or even lulu, although I've never played either. Love sona support, aggressive lane and then an all around stun.

Then theirs the alcoholic, just like me, for mid. But I love brand and am learning karthus and morgannna when she's not banned.

Tops also an option, I don't own vlad, normally taking singed or riven. I could buy shen, but know he has some hard counters and is always banned.

I feel safe with jungle riven/GP/Noct/maoki, so not gonna purchase there.

Decisions decisions (bought the two 40 champ bundles recommended in the OP)

• Options
    Arivia wrote: »

Ow.

Sounds ok to me if your team sticks together and wards. Shut down shaco early an play smart and he's useless. Shyv can steal shaco jungle If your good, and from what ive seen, kass sucks against a good AP mid for the first 5 levels. Then you just need to not be caught by him.

You worry way to much about standard picks/meta.

• Options
    God, I can't do anything as Riven against Yorick. At all.

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    Tommatt wrote: »
    Arivia wrote: »

Ow.

Sounds ok to me if your team sticks together and wards. Shut down shaco early an play smart and he's useless. Shyv can steal shaco jungle If your good, and from what ive seen, kass sucks against a good AP mid for the first 5 levels. Then you just need to not be caught by him.

You worry way to much about standard picks/meta.

The problem was that this is ranked at a really bad ELO, so Shaco's going to get fed.

No, I'm not worrying pointlessly, it happened just like I thought. I do have a point to these things.

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Talith have you ever posted about the meta of high level dominion? If I wanted to maybe start playing dominion, what are the things you might say to me as advice?

Also what is the link to your tier list, heh.

• Options
    @unintentional

tried that weird little anti-assassin build, you're right, it does work

gave me the little bit of heft I needed to hold up to akali in a few places

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    Use nothing but Revive and either Exhaust or Garrison.
    Pick one tank (Singed, Jarvan are favourites) for top, one heavy AD bruiser (Riven, Wukong, Poppy, Fiora), one ranged with a very good escape and poke (Ez, Corki, Nidalee) and one wild card (sometimes a jungle roamer, usually a tanky support or another bruiser though)
    Pick either insane harassment (Yorick, Urgot) or insane pushing (Ryze) for bot lane.

Press top unless you've got it in which case 3-man gank bot or roam jungle while your tank delays the enemy taking top.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    I've never heard Ryze called an "insane pusher" before o.O

• Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    So I tried Vayne out last night at a bot game and got yelled at by someone for "feeding the bots" after dying only 3 times in 11 minutes. :/

• Options
    eeSanGeeSanG I slice like a goddamn hammer. Registered User regular
    Nothing anyone ever says in a bot game is worth listening to.

LFMGb.jpg
    Slice like a god damn hammer. LoL: Rafflesia / BNet: Talonflame#11979
  • Options
    GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    So I tried Vayne out last night at a bot game and got yelled at by someone for "feeding the bots" after dying only 3 times in 11 minutes. :/

Plus as far as I'm aware feeding bots isn't really a thing, is it? Their gold/item gen is completely separate from kills unless they've changed it in the rise of the bots patches.

3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • Options
    eeSanGeeSanG I slice like a goddamn hammer. Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    For those who are still up, OGN LoL Tournament going on at the moment:

MiG Frost vs Xenics Storm. Currently tied at 1-1 in a Bo5. Last game, if reached, is played blind pick.

Edit: Stream is down, they're probably restarting it as there was a little bit of lag during matches for the spectator cam.

Edit2: Stream is up. Game 3 starting soon, bans are starting.

eeSanG on
    LFMGb.jpg
    Slice like a god damn hammer. LoL: Rafflesia / BNet: Talonflame#11979
  • Options

Plus as far as I'm aware feeding bots isn't really a thing, is it? Their gold/item gen is completely separate from kills unless they've changed it in the rise of the bots patches.

That's what my friend was telling this Breeze# guy who decided to stand at our nexus and bitch about how I suck and should quit playing. Is there an ignore button in this game in case I happen upon people like that again?

• Options

That's what my friend was telling this Breeze# guy who decided to stand at our nexus and bitch about how I suck and should quit playing. Is there an ignore button in this game in case I happen upon people like that again?

Yep. Press O to open the scoreboard. Or it might be p. whichever one. Click on the blue voice bubble on the right to ignore someone.

Also, yes Olaf you really won your lane by never calling mias and letting Hecarim make his way all the way down to gank bot twice, while never taking his tower. GG.

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    I liked this statement at the beginning of a ranked game:

Nega Dazz: sup guys
    Nega Dazz: just so everyone is aware
    Nega Dazz: if none of us ragequit
    Nega Dazz: or feed
    Nega Dazz: we _will_ win
    Nega Dazz: because somebody on the other team is guaranteed to

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    One of these days a PA group's game will be on the featured games list. So many judging eyes...

BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    Damn, watching these guys play Graves so badass-ly is really inspiring!

This discussion has been closed.