As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[PRIME] PAX Prime 2012 Forum Badges

• polaris314polaris314 Registered User regular
    Design looks great! I missed out on grabbing an East badge, but I was wearing my Prime one already so I didn't feel left out.

steam_sig.png
    XBL/PSN-Polaris314/Twitter/DJ P0LARI5
  • PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    Was there any consideration put into how this would look with a pax badge overlapping it? I guess it will cover the top neatly, and show the "Forum Name:____" where the PAX Badge ends?

Great design, as usual. I like the Old Timey stuff you're doing with the back this year.

jCyyTSo.png
  • SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    I also really enjoy the theme this year. :) Excellent work!

"we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
  • LinkSmashLinkSmash Registered User regular
    Oh man. Loving the look thus far! How royal!

• tsrblketsrblke Registered User regular
    PikaPuff wrote: »
    Was there any consideration put into how this would look with a pax badge overlapping it? I guess it will cover the top neatly, and show the "Forum Name:____" where the PAX Badge ends?

Great design, as usual. I like the Old Timey stuff you're doing with the back this year.

If the badges are similar size to last year, there's plenty of "Non-Overlap" I still have last years (i.e. my first pax) hanging by my desk, and it's got the PAX badge on top, with the Halo Badge peaking out underneath that and it still comes leaves the area just above the forum address visable.

• vespachicavespachica SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    kropotkin wrote: »
    4) Participate in an unofficial PAX community event. This includes, but not exclusive to:

PrePAX Dinner

Haha, done. :D (Since @LexiconGrrl has roped me into assisting this year, that is!)

vespachica on
    ufq9gj8383nh.png

• TraitoriousTraitorious Registered User regular
    Looking good so far! Feels like 19x6. The only suggestion I can make (being horribly non-artistic/design) is maybe adding something that like those fancy one piece window dressings or fabric curtains used in opera halls and such making a border around the top and down the sides of the card? In any event, totally stoked to get another one of these this Prime! Didn't get one last year, and got my one from East later in the day on Saturday, so I definitely need to go to a pre-PAX event or get to BYOC early on Friday so I can rock it all weekend.

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    PikaPuff wrote: »

There's a fair bit of community logo showing. Considering that the front has stayed incredibly similar since East 2011, I think we have a fair amount of "in field testing" and as far as I know, it's incredibly visible.

• arwen_doll16_LOTRarwen_doll16_LOTR Commander Registered User regular
    Ooo I like the design this year :) hope I can finally earn one this year too!

I should go.
    534159_4247466298641_1660805487_n.jpg
  • JeppyJeppy Maple Valley WARegistered User regular
    Very nice! I have never been able to get my hands on one of the forum badges but who knows maybe this could be the year I get one.

• GamingGoddessGamingGoddess Profesh Nerd Phoenix, AZRegistered User regular
    I didn't get one last year...sad...but I would love to try this year!

Time off[x] Fri-Mon Badges[x] Hotel[x] Plane tickets[x] Pre-Pax plans[TBA] Cosplay[in progress]
    "Pictochat? No. Dicktochat!"
  • CrogothCrogoth Registered User regular
    looking forward to indulging in all that PAX has to offer, including this badge ;)

looks amazing, can't wait to get my greedy little hands on one

• HeartpiercedHeartpierced PreMonkey Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Intrigued.
    I've always wanted to attend the TWDT.

Remember, you are unique. Just like everyone else.
    Twitter: @heartpierced
    Facebook: Nuclearpowered
  • TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Intrigued.

Dooo iiiiiiiiiiit. Just stay away from those snooty Ravenclaws. Tossers the lot of em.
    :D<3

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
    TOGSolid wrote: »
    Intrigued.

Dooo iiiiiiiiiiit. Just stay away from those snooty Ravenclaws. Tossers the lot of em.

You're just saying that since you /lost/

CAW CAW!

• ThirmuriThirmuri CalgaryRegistered User regular
    Forum badge looks great.

• awyldknghtawyldknght Registered User regular
    When would we be able to pick one up? Would it be at one of the Pre-Pax events, or would it be somewhere inside PAX itself?

[ X ] PAX Prime 2013 tickets purchased [ X ] Hotel Room booked
    [ ] PAX Coin Ordered/Reserved
  • zezspecszezspecs ScotlandRegistered User regular
    This looks amazing! I love the trend you're in with the theme on the back.

awyldknght wrote: »
    When would we be able to pick one up? Would it be at one of the Pre-Pax events, or would it be somewhere inside PAX itself?

Usually they're at both the pre-pax events (listed above) and inside PAX (for those of us who don't make it to the Pre-PAX events.) Last year they were up by BYOC checkin.

• PixelStylesPixelStyles Registered User regular
    I'm a fan. I will support.

• koleypunchkoleypunch Portland, OR/Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Looks great!!!

location! location! bees!
  • Rogue_hunterRogue_hunter Breaks Through Brick Walls Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    Great theme with a great design this year. I hope I do get to go this year and pick one of these up.

PlayStation Network: Rogue_hunter
    Steam: Rogue_hunter
    Games for Windows Live: Roguality
    Google+
    Twitter
  • JamieODJamieOD Dublin, IrelandRegistered User regular
    That's a really nice design you have there.

• TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »
    TOGSolid wrote: »
    Intrigued.

You're just saying that since you /lost/

CAW CAW!

Enjoy your temporary victory while you can bird brain! We won in 2010 and this year there will be TWO Alaskan sailors with a bottomless pit of a stomach for alcohol and money to burn on team Slytherin! Also, my 2012 Triwizard costume is sure to bolster our ranks with only the hardest of partiers so beware.

What did I get? Here's a hint: It involves sports shades and polo shirts.

Yes, shirts.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • alegriaalegria Registered User regular
    I really like the "saloon" style on the back of the badge this year!

I'm hoping to attend the Pre-PAX Dinner this year, but if that doesn't work out will we be able to pick them up from the BYOC desk again this year?

Rw4xnu6.png
    PAX Prime Attendee since 2006, BYOC Attendee 2008-2012, Buttoneer 2010-2014
    https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/alegria

Usually they're at both the pre-pax events (listed above) and inside PAX (for those of us who don't make it to the Pre-PAX events.) Last year they were up by BYOC checkin.
    alegria wrote: »

I'm hoping to attend the Pre-PAX Dinner this year, but if that doesn't work out will we be able to pick them up from the BYOC desk again this year?

I feel vindicated! I'm not the only one who saw this and thought "Saloon" rather than "Victorian era newspaper!" I am totally not crazy! (In either case, still like it.)

• LTAcostaLTAcosta Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Forum badges! Looking good as usual!

AN9buWz.png
  • adias.angeladias.angel Tech-Savvy Wife Kalamazoo, MIRegistered User regular
    tsrblke wrote: »

alegria wrote: »

I feel vindicated! I'm not the only one who saw this and thought "Saloon" rather than "Victorian era newspaper!" I am totally not crazy! (In either case, still like it.)

I only guessed Victorian because of the wording on the bottom. ;-) But now that you mention it a Saloon theme for a future PAX badge would look good.

Prime '12, '13, '14, '15, '19 .. East '12
  • japerryjaperry Registered User regular
    ohh yay! the design is great, and DyanneNova and I were both at the PrePAX dinner and Tri-wizard drinking tourney last year. Cant' wait to do it again!

7jIDTca.png
  • YuritauYuritau CanadaRegistered User regular
    Design looks great! Can't wait to get my mitts on one. (though a bit of a shame that it looks like my name wont be on there this time, after three years of being on there.)

• MelceneMelcene Tacoma, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Is the front the same as last years? (I'm too lazy to go get mine from the other room and look).

But I really dig the back.

Melcene on
    melcene-wide.png
    mogablah-BlackUserbar.gif
    Melcene wrote: »
    Is the front the same as last years? (I'm too lazy to go get mine from the other room and look).

It's pretty close if not the same. Part of the reason for coming up with the heraldry was so we could use it in a repeatable fashion for stuff like this :)

• SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction Registered User regular
    Has anyone thought about getting lapel pins made of the heraldry?

IhtGIyi.png
  • draklandraklan Chocobo in time the Frosty North... mmm FrostingRegistered User regular
    looking good Kropotkin as always I love that you do this for us. You are awesomesauce.

• Sleepy KittySleepy Kitty Registered User regular
    As always the badges look amazing and I can't wait to get one and add it to my collection

• MelceneMelcene Tacoma, WARegistered User regular
    The heraldry on a pin is an awesome idea!

If I may make a suggestion, since the saloon thing keeps popping up - for the font of PAX PRIME 2012, use something more like MS Word's "Old English Text" or "Algerian."

melcene-wide.png
    mogablah-BlackUserbar.gif
  • pinkGodzillapinkGodzilla Registered User regular
    I like it! Hears hoping I can manage to snag one this year!

edited May 2012
    SkeleVader wrote: »
    Has anyone thought about getting lapel pins made of the heraldry?
    Melcene wrote: »
    The heraldry on a pin is an awesome idea!

A lapel pin might be pretty cool.

There was a sub-design of the full heraldry made for buttoneers even :)
    Buttoneers2011_15_pin-preview.png

zerzhul on
  • CreamsteakCreamsteak Thrall Registered User regular
    So somehow I never knew about this thing at previous PAX's but I was given a forum badge at the PPD. It was much appreciated. Rawrgbargle.

• AdusAdus Registered User regular
    Awesome. Hope I can get ahold of one!

This discussion has been closed.