As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WH40,000] Tales of the Neckbeard and Adventures in Crazyland, 1000 FLGS stories.

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Are you sure what kind of glue it is? because if it's plastic glue then I am sorry as far as I know there is nothing that can be done

• Mystery.ShadowMystery.Shadow Registered User regular
    El Mucho wrote: »
    Does anyone know of a way to remove GW glue? I purchased a used unpainted monolith and the previous owner glued the portal/symbol backwards and I would like to remove those pieces and re-attach them correctly.

Put the model into the freezer for about a day. The cold does magical things to SUPERglue. You can easily remove SUPERglued items in this fashion.

If it was assembled with PLASTIC glue, start prying and praying.

WARNING! MMO Addiction can Prevent Long-Term Employment, a Meaningful Relationship, and Financial Independence. When's the Next Raid?

I Spent 90% of my Money on Women and Warhammer. The Rest I Wasted.
  • El MuchoEl Mucho Registered User regular
    It doesn't look like it's melted the plastic, I was able to chip some of it off. There is just a lot of it.

If I freeze the entire model will the cold weaken and ruin the rest of the model? Because it's really only the one area that I would like to change.

BNet: ElMucho#1392
    Origin: theRealElMucho
  • altmannaltmann Registered User regular
    If you freeze it, it then suffers from the "brittle armor" effect and any rending roll for a weapon S4 and up will cause a glancing hit on the damage table regardless of armor value since the armor is so brittle.

Imperator of the Gigahorse Jockeys.

"Oh what a day, what a LOVELY DAY!"

signature.png
  • CounterspinCounterspin Registered User regular
    Freeze it, then take the stuff out of the freezer and let it return to room temperature. That way the plastic won't be brittle when you start wrenching it around trying to break the bond on the glue.

• Ken OKen O Registered User regular
    So my garage is a disaster area. Seriously it is full of crap that I need to unbox, throw away, etc. The last time I cleaned out a section of it was to put up a spray box so I could prime my models. It's sad but I need to bribe myself to do house work.

Anyway, I'm going to get my garage in order so I can build my own gaming table. I've seen tutorials on how to build a lava table, so I think that is what I'm going to try for. Now I just need to get to cleaning...

http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
  • saluksicsaluksic Registered User regular
    The plastic shouldn't be brittle after it warms back up. I'd never heard the thing with the glue in the freezer.

Look, if you want to be sure, get a saw. Like I'm always telling my mother, dont pry. Find a jeweler's saw or one of the saw attachments for an exacto knife. If you're up against straight joints, versus curvy bits, you should be okay. Glue can be stronger than plastic sometimes, but I'm pretty sure steel wins.

• StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    What sites are good to sell stuff on? So far I only have a listing on craigs list.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • ElderCatElderCat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Bartertown.

DO3O00C.png
  • Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    Stragint wrote: »
    What sites are good to sell stuff on? So far I only have a listing on craigs list.

Bartertown and Ebay are really your only options.

saluksic wrote: »
    The plastic shouldn't be brittle after it warms back up. I'd never heard the thing with the glue in the freezer... ...Glue can be stronger than plastic sometimes, but I'm pretty sure steel wins.

Get a few pieces of Sprue. Glue a few pieces of Sprue together with SUPERglue. If you would like a comparison, try some PLASTIC glue too. Place some into the Freezer for a day or so and then attempt to remove the parts. Try the same with the pieces of glued Sprue which was not placed into the deep freeze. Woah, what a difference!

WARNING! MMO Addiction can Prevent Long-Term Employment, a Meaningful Relationship, and Financial Independence. When's the Next Raid?

saluksic wrote: »
    The plastic shouldn't be brittle after it warms back up. I'd never heard the thing with the glue in the freezer... ...Glue can be stronger than plastic sometimes, but I'm pretty sure steel wins.

Get a few pieces of Sprue. Glue a few pieces of Sprue together with SUPERglue. If you would like a comparison, try some PLASTIC glue too. Place some into the Freezer for a day or so and then attempt to remove the parts. Try the same with the pieces of glued Sprue which was not placed into the deep freeze. Woah, what a difference!

Science!

• Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    Conventions too, oft times have an armies for sale or move your goods area going.That's what I'd recommend doing if you were trying to move a large, painted lot. People get to see stuff in person, and that's the kind of setting where you might catch someone with money, who decides to jump into an army whole hog.

So bought some Vanguard Vets yesterday. I paid big bucks for Finecast at retail, but it was at the only FLGS in town, so it just felt right :).

I was almost hoping one guy would be missing a leg or something so I could try out the fabled customer service, but everything looked great. I really like the weight of metal (I know, I know), but these poses are really better in resin.

It's been a long time since I've had new models, so this is really fun. I want to order magnets and backpacks so all my assault doodz can have the option of zooming around.

Good god. It took me all night but I got the piece off that I needed. Turns out it was plastic glue.

I have no idea what the previous owner was doing with this model. The steps were in backwards and upside down and there was a quarter glued to the inside...I am going to need a lot of greenstuff to tidy this mess up.

• AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    So I was in the city yesterday and discovered the GW I go to was closed down. Turns out they had relocated downstairs to a much better location. Roughly the same floor space, but way better shelving and storage and, most of all, lighting. The first place felt like a cave sometimes and I would never paint there because it was too dim. But now it's bright as day in there, very cool.

Chatted to one of the employees who recognised me and checked out the new 'nid kits. Will have to drop by there sometime with my guys and play a game/show off my terverigon conversion.

Good god. It took me all night but I got the piece off that I needed. Turns out it was plastic glue. ...and there was a quarter glued to the inside.

Sorry to hear it was Plastic Glue. But good news is you got $0.25 of your purchase price back!

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Fuck spoilers this is the greatest:

2nd2.jpg

signature.png
  • mugginnsmugginns Jawsome Fresh CoastRegistered User regular
    Man I am selling a bunch of stuff I don't use to clear up space in my basement and now I have a hierophant and Storm Eagle in my basket at forgeworld.com

E26cO.jpg
  • FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    What really makes that the best thing ever is if you combine those pictures with the quote in your sig.

Hah, never thought of that. It fits though..

Orks are so great.

signature.png
  • TraceofToxinTraceofToxin King Nothing Registered User regular
    Would you ladies be interested in picture/video batreps of poorly/unpainted armies?

Everyday I wake up is the worst day of my life.
  • DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    only if we can mock and heckle

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
    ToT, yes. I'd read/watch them. I can learn things from unpainted minis just as well as I could from painted ones.

How does everyone here handle painting their tank turrents, etc? On my troops I fully assemble them and then paint there. Looking at all my Land Raider pieces it would seem it would be better to paint the weapons and then asseble them.

Comics, Games, Booze
    First of all, Pet peeve time Ken: TURRET

TURRET

Secondly, I usually leave mine unglued , but in the case of this stormraven i'm painting, the turret is completely off the model and I'm painting it separately.

signature.png
  • JohnnyToxxicJohnnyToxxic Registered User regular
    altmann wrote: »
    OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Fuck spoilers this is the greatest:
    2nd2.jpg

Back in the days of the Third Battle of Armageddon my LFGS (Sci-Fi City Orlando) had several boards that were very Ork inspired and one of them was a dock that had an Ork submersible crashed into it. This reminds me so much of that board.

Friend Safari Code: 0189-8920-9235
    altmann wrote: »
    First of all, Pet peeve time Ken: TURRET

Wow, I didn't even realize I typed that and I know the correct spelling.
    Anyway, the Flamestorm cannons look like they would be easier to paint and then assemble; same with the twin-linked assault cannon.

Comics, Games, Booze
    Johnny,

Your LGS is sci fi city? I went there once on a pit stop during a business trip, that place is fucking fantastic.

Also, I'm in Tampa area with Nax and about 2 other gamers. We really should have a florida get-together.

signature.png
    As soon as we get a little more settled with the baby I am totally up for a Florida get-together.

Comics, Games, Booze
  • JohnnyToxxicJohnnyToxxic Registered User regular
    Yep, I'm a Sci-Fi City guy. I'm nowhere near as competitive as some of the folks here. My thing is modeling.

I'm totally up for a Fl get-together. I'll bring my Green Tide.

And Ken O, I too need to get settled with baby stuff. My wife is ready to pop; could be any day now. And it's our first one.

Friend Safari Code: 0189-8920-9235
  • mugginnsmugginns Jawsome Fresh CoastRegistered User regular
    Our space marine is due in 62 days.

E26cO.jpg
    Good god. It took me all night but I got the piece off that I needed. Turns out it was plastic glue. ...and there was a quarter glued to the inside.

Sorry to hear it was Plastic Glue. But good news is you got $0.25 of your purchase price back!

Yeah plus I only paid $40 for the model to begin with. I wanted a monolith but couldn't justify the $80 GW was asking for it. Oh well it will be a learning experience for me with greenstuff.

Man, babies popping up all over the place.
    In contrast to some other gaming forums, where its more like "Man-babies popping up all over the place"

• MatriasMatrias Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    the bismork looks cool but that water looks like ass.

Matrias on
    3DS/Pokemon Friend Code - 2122-5878-9273 - Kyle
    Like seriously I cannot stop noticing how bad the water is. It ruins the whole piece.

• Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    Really?
    I mean, it could probably use a coat or two of gloss varnish, but I'd totally accept that as "dark, storm-toss'd seas" or suchlike.

Whether it's thematically appropriate for comic relief fungus-gorillas or not, that's a whole other debate really.

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
    I don't see seas, I see grass. It looks like a frosted-over field.

• SJSJ College. Forever.Registered User regular
    It's not water, I think, unless it's heavily polluted.

• valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    It's alien water. And of course it's polluted. It's got orks in it!

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • SJSJ College. Forever.Registered User regular
    Fair points.

This discussion has been closed.