As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Guild Wars 2 - BWE #3: 20-22 July - Return to FORT ASPENWOOD! - Release date: 28 August!

• VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    oh really

I mos def did not know that

cheers Zay

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    Zay wrote: »
    also traits had a pretty noticeable impact, at least for me. Putting a few points in critical strikes I started getting a LOT more crits and killing things much faster.

also one of the perk things is a 10% chance to get Haste when you land a crit, and Haste is literally the best

I was using haste and stealth to revive in pvp

• JerkbotJerkbot some kind of hypnotist Registered User regular
    I found a decent amount of green weapons

Something the game doesn't tell you and I only found out because Veretas said so: you can talk to heart guys after doing their quests and they have really good rewards on sale for karma. I picked up two really good green daggers off one.

Also, the mails they send you have cash attached and I didn't know until Sunday morning.

oh and veretas?
    I LOOKED AT THE DOLPHIN AND YOU JUST GOTTA DEAL WITH IT

VyQGM.jpg
  • SyphyreSyphyre A Dangerous Pastime Registered User regular
    I just glanced at the title and "Beta Weekend 27-29 April!" turned into "Best Weekend Ever!" for me at a glance.

It would be true.

• MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    Jerkbot wrote: »
    I found a decent amount of green weapons

Something the game doesn't tell you and I only found out because Veretas said so: you can talk to heart guys after doing their quests and they have really good rewards on sale for karma. I picked up two really good green daggers off one.

Also, the mails they send you have cash attached and I didn't know until Sunday morning.

oh and veretas?
    I LOOKED AT THE DOLPHIN AND YOU JUST GOTTA DEAL WITH IT

I'LL KILL YOU AAAAAAAAARGHHHHH

BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
  • EricsErics Charming to the last Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    So, right now there is the crazy event where every bonus they ever run an every drop that ever drops is going on right now. Which means all PvP faction is accelerated. Myself and another friend want to try and give Heroes Ascent a shot... if you can get consistent wins, it's possible to grab the PvP title for the hall in several hours.

I want to try this. @Vivixenne I know you organized the last PvP outing, and you definitely seem to know your stuff... could I interest you in giving this a shot?

Erics on
    fabulousFantastic.png
    Twitter | Steam | Twitch.tv ~♪
  • FlayFlay Registered User regular
    I ended up running all the way from Divinity's Reach to Hoelbrak as a level 9 thief for the hell of it, just before the finale. Stealthing past things fifteen levels my better was so much fun, it felt like the way thief was meant to be played. And if you want to learn to dodge, that is how to do it.

Also, dolphin?

• WAHWAH Registered User regular
    There was a dolphin in the Lion's Arch area. For some reason it had a really bad animation?
    Just kidding. It was cool seeing what you had animated. The armadillo death animation made me laugh.

STEAM | GW2: hamdoughnuts.7359
  • VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    Erics wrote: »
    So, right now there is the crazy event where every bonus they ever run an every drop that ever drops is going on right now. Which means all PvP faction is accelerated. Myself and another friend want to try and give Heroes Ascent a shot... if you can get consistent wins, it's possible to grab the PvP title for the hall in several hours.

I want to try this. @Vivixenne I know you organized the last PvP outing, and you definitely seem to know your stuff... could I interest you in giving this a shot?

Heh, you will not get consistent HA wins unless you have a team that runs a build together that everyone is quite familiar with. I mean, you can get SOME wins and have fun, but you will not get the PvP title in a matter of hours. No way.

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • FlayFlay Registered User regular
    WAH wrote: »
    There was a dolphin in the Lion's Arch area. For some reason it had a really bad animation?
    Just kidding. It was cool seeing what you had animated. The armadillo death animation made me laugh.

Oh, I missed that! I will have to prepare my 50 page critique on the dolphin's motion next beta weekend.

edited May 2012
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    Erics wrote: »

Heh, you will not get consistent HA wins unless you have a team that runs a build together that everyone is quite familiar with. I mean, you can get SOME wins and have fun, but you will not get the PvP title in a matter of hours. No way.

Weeelllllllll fine. But yeah, I hear what you're saying, and I kind of felt like that may be the case. I think I'm gonna try anyway and see what happens! Would anyone here be interested?

Erics on
    fabulousFantastic.png
  • TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    I killed a bunny during the weekend and the animation actually made me feel bad for doing it.

My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
    I killed a bunny during the weekend and the animation actually made me feel bad for doing it.

i wonder if they'll put in any incentive to not kill all the bunnies

The incentive was watching the bunny take 5 seconds to die. It was awful.

but there's an achievement for killing bunnies!

Hardest cheevo in the game...

The incentive was watching the bunny take 5 seconds to die. It was awful.

Making death animations is literally my favorite thing to do.

BdVvFJu.jpg
  • ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    So it's May.................

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • George Fornby GrillGeorge Fornby Grill ...Like Clockwork Registered User regular
    Gw2 BWE in <4 weeks woot

i hope they skip may

One weekend of beta a month is not enough for me.

Considering Diablo 3 is coming out in two weeks, I'm ok with just one beta weekend in May.

fabulousFantastic.png
    That's why we need more beta THIS weekend.

Oh I agree, this or next weekend would be ideal.

fabulousFantastic.png
  • StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    You know, I really miss the red dots that GW1 used for mobs. And the circle on the minimap that showed your character's aggro radius.

There were a few points during the GW2 beta when I would have really liked to have that.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Cobalt60Cobalt60 regular Registered User regular
    I would like some red dots (not as big as a players dot though) but I don't think the aggro radius would work in GW2. I noticed a lot of different enemies would attack at a lot of different ranges. Sharks in the underwater areas were especially aggressive and would attack from quite a distance.

• Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    Yyeah the aggro circle on the minimap, plus the instant tactical drawings, was literally the most useful UI feature in Guild Wars.

• SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    You can draw on the minimap in GW2, at least.

Sarksus on
  • ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    I'm bored and want to play some gw2

I think that's a good sign

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
    We can play on Monday for seven hours apparently!
    https://www.facebook.com/GuildWars2/posts/10150848164094209
    We’ll be conducting a stress test on Monday May 14 from 11 AM to 6:00 PM PDT (-7 GMT).

This special test event is open only to Pre-Purchase customers who have registered their accounts. With your help, we can conduct important tests and address some of the issues we identified during our first Beta Weekend Event. During this event, all you need to do is play normally with a new or existing character on your Beta account using the same game client. Please note that since this is a stress test of our servers, you may experience some in-game performance issues. If you’ve pre-purchased Guild Wars 2 and wish to participate in the stress test, we recommend that you register the account and download the game client.

Pre-Purchase customers, log in to the Beta Forums for more information and/or to download the Beta client if needed.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/stress/news/Getting-Started/169235

Having issues logging in? Contact Support: https://support.guildwars2.com/

~RB2

• World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious people Registered User regular
    stress tests aren't usually that fun for players, though

kQwcZLJ.png
    yeah i might not play
    good to mention it here though

WOOOOOOO STRESS TESTS WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I have to yell that as I run up and down the halls of the studio during these things. It's very exhausting.

BdVvFJu.jpg
  • ironzergironzerg Registered User regular

I'd rather spend an evening being disconnected from GW2 than playing another game.

True story.

• BuddiesBuddies Registered User regular
    ironzerg wrote: »

I'd rather spend an evening being disconnected from GW2 than playing another game.

True story.

I listened to the Login Screen music for about a half hour while reading last night.
    one up!

• ironzergironzerg Registered User regular
    Pssh..you know how to read. What an elitist.

• RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    Well, I'm excited! I barely got to play last weekend due to work, but I've got nothing at all to do this Monday except rock out.

• SyphyreSyphyre A Dangerous Pastime Registered User regular
    What you're not being told is they're not stressing the servers, they're stressing the players. You'll log in to level 20 mobs in the starter zones, and all skills have had their sound effects replaced by Jim Carrey noises.

• BuddiesBuddies Registered User regular
    Syphyre wrote: »
    What you're not being told is they're not stressing the servers, they're stressing the players. You'll log in to level 20 mobs in the starter zones, and all skills have had their sound effects replaced by Jim Carrey noises.

*Patch Notes for Monday's Stress Test*

All NPC weapons have been replaced with Vuvuzelas.

• PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    Having a stress test on a Monday seems a little weird to me, but I'll hop on when I can to help break the servers.

This discussion has been closed.