As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Castrate All Nazis: This Time in Afrika [Sniper Elite V3]

• GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    Can't stop looking at Hitler's ball(s).

• Ad astraAd astra Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    To those who own this game, is it possible to pull off a shot like the one a the 50 second mark?

Ad astra on
  • Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Yeah the bullet can ricochet of the gun an enemy ish holding and into them. Done it in the demo numerous times. And just now I got a lucky shit on a nazis arm just as he was about to throw his grenade. Dropped it right next to himself

• Ad astraAd astra Registered User regular
    Nice.

God bless auto correct on phones.

• AllforceAllforce Registered User regular
    In the full game is it easy to sort of hit the reset button on a section and redo it? Or are you going back through the entire mission again just to get to say one spot where you have a shot at an amazing kill?

There are loads of checkpoints so you're not having to go through a tonne to reach a specific part.

• anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    I just realized you can use your binoculars to tag enemies so you can keep track of where they are when you're sniping.

Also, I just beat the 3rd level. Timing up your shots so they're masked by loud sounds is awesome. I was able to take out everyone outside without anyone catching on to what was happening.

Steam: offday
  • DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    You know in Enemy at the Gates, when he uses the sound of the artillery to mask his retort, thus staying hidden as he picks apart the enemy?

Yeah, that's in here.

• AllforceAllforce Registered User regular
    Is there a situation where a shot on a passenger or driver in a car is needed?

• BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    Is tagging not available on sniper elite difficulty? I've tried everything I can think of with the binoculars and can't seem to tag anyone.

• anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Allforce wrote: »

Haven't seen one yet, but I have shot gas tanks and blew the driver and passenger up. I'm only about the 4th mission into the game though.

• ArthArth Registered User regular
    Is tagging not available on sniper elite difficulty? I've tried everything I can think of with the binoculars and can't seem to tag anyone.

It wasn't in the demo. I'm sad, i preordered this, but the local EB isn't getting their shipment until Friday. And my last day off for over a week is Thursday.

Artheleron.png
  • BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    Deathmatch and Team Deathmatch are surprisingly fun in this game. I love that it tracks the longest shot. I got one in my last game that was around 420m and felt like a boss when it got to the end and the closest shot was a little over 300m. There was no wind, though.

• Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular

I don't think it is. I haven't tried another difficulty level to confirm, however.

Docshifty wrote: »
    Anybody in here not sure if this game is the right one for you?

http://livestre.am/1W5qm

Jump to 58:30 and watch.

It was the most amazing thing.

That shot needs to made into a GIF. The second dude turning in slow motion to look after the first guy was shot only to get the same bullet to the face is glorious.

• TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    Xaviar wrote: »
    TOGSolid wrote: »
    So wait, this game is actually good? I remember Sniper Elite 1 wasn't spoken well of by basically anyone.
    No. The shitty game everyone hates was Sniper: Ghost Warrior. Unrelated to this game.

Ohhh that's right. My bad, I had em mixed up in my head. Thanks for the clarification!

I'm down for super fun snipans, I'll have to check this out when I get home.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    That's exactly what I thought, but I've no ability to do that.

Anyways, glory from tonight!

This is what we call a season ender.
    6291516721D2D9D683C92DE2B48873E8A877E9EF
    Maybe now it won't always feel like somebody's watching me.
    A3B39D72BCBE8985A7AAC823C4A43FB537CF6D46
    This is how you win a game of hot potato.
    AC2220AC86D398156F665BE677FB783A410AEB71
    Sadly, catching the bullet never works.
    89AF85C5B8C7177888C0ACC4938596A513C42D7B
    How do you stop a charging Nazi?
    311BD26157F1E717231B1434033A3AB28B6CA29C
    Nothing left but broken dreams. And skull bits.
    A99F88422153A5F7F6DE8EE6583216685FD5DA42
    I have nothing to say here because there is nothing left to comment on. His face no longer exists.
    8BD6D6C1C8E27C6021A173A01ACA3DA7B7A144E6
    Incontinence. A nazi's worst enemy.
    78C1599030033BDFC5BB8FE1E18FE36F785B4987
    There's a reason all the king's horses and all the king's men couldn't put him back together again.
    8AD7A2EDFB309E62F7ABF3485D20E261D9C4D916
    Morte's previous life didn't go exactly as planned.
    4968C6577C5218ABE25095A53F214663C1AA3DB5

Docshifty on
    anoffday wrote: »
    Allforce wrote: »

Haven't seen one yet, but I have shot gas tanks and blew the driver and passenger up. I'm only about the 4th mission into the game though.

whilst not required, I did get a lucky ricochet off a nazi at in the back of one of the trucks in the convoy in the demo. It went through his head into the passengers chest in front. I took i screenshot of the guy after. On my phone so it can't be linked Sadly.

• ThemadcowThemadcow Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    UK people... £15 physical copy from HMV online ($24). Gogogogogo.

Themadcow on
    edited May 2012
    Slow and dirty gif:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/makarios/sniperelite.gif

Capturing from that site was the hard part, otherwise I could have made it smoother.

Man of the Waves on
    Are steam screenshots not showing up for anyone else? I'm just seeing numbers.

• peterdevorepeterdevore Registered User regular
    Yeah seems like it's down.

• Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Ok, finally found an outlet that would let me buy the game!

Gonna keep a tub of shaved ice next to my couch so I can put the snow in my mouth.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
    edited May 2012
    Yeah, I can't upload them either. Damn. I have some good ones.

Anyway, I also just realized that after tagging an enemy if you hold the binoculars over them it shows if they're on to you or not, their distance away from you, and their rank. I thought that was pretty cool. Oh and I'm playing on marksman, saving elite for my next playthrough, so tagging might not work in it. I'm not sure yet.

I was also wondering about this.

"Amazing "kill cam" technology showcaseswhat really happens when a bulletenters an enemy’s body, allowingplayers to see hearts and lungs tear,livers burst, bones and teethshatter, and entrails fall out."

Has anyone had a shot that made someone's entrails fall out? I'm pretty sure it happened when I shot Hitler, but I haven't seen it since, and I haven't seen anyone catch a screen of it. I'm starting to wonder now if I was just seeing things and maybe it didn't make it into the final game.

anoffday on
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    Ok, finally found an outlet that would let me buy the game!

Gonna keep a tub of shaved ice next to my couch so I can put the snow in my mouth.

I thought you typed "ice next to my crotch" to ease the pain from testikills.

I like the reference, though. I would have also accepted "sniper approached instructor by being a sneaky bastard".

Yeah, I can't upload them either. Damn. I have some good ones.

Anyway, I also just realized that after tagging an enemy if you hold the binoculars over them it shows if they're on to you or not, their distance away from you, and their rank. I thought that was pretty cool. Oh and I'm playing on marksman, saving elite for my next playthrough, so tagging might not work in it. I'm not sure yet.

I'm really missing out on some cool stuff by playing on super shooter extreme mode.

Yeah, I'm not ready to say goodbye to my "headshot rhombus" yet. Next playthrough though.

• Lord_SnotLord_Snot Живу за выходные American ValhallaRegistered User regular
    Bought, it's now downloading, sitting in my Steam library, taunting me.

edited May 2012
    Apparently the game has been delayed a week?

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/05/01/sniper-elite-v2-delayed-one-week.aspx

Another reason I love steam. A couple people in the comments also said something about no multiplayer. Is multi PC only?

anoffday on
    Awesome snot! Looks like we'll have more than a few people to get multiplayer going proper.

Also @anoffday, yes entrails do come out. Managed to blow out a guys intestines and I think the same happened to another guys oesophagus.

Ok, it must be harder to do. I've only done it once.

And for people who were asking, it does appear that tagging is disabled in elite, so that won't work. Apparently you can set your custom difficulty though and turn it on while still having realistic ballistics and elite AI.

I mentioned this in chat last night but you really have to compensate for wind, its never unfair though. Its great pulling off a shot when you're like a couple millidots, or whatever they're called, to the left if the target.

edited May 2012
    Ok, so multiplayer is fun and we need to play this together. It's very slow at times, so if you're expecting or hoping for Unreal Tournament, you're gong to be disappointed. But I'm sure most people realize this since everyone has a sniper. Your teammates show up as blue dots around you and if your team works together it's awesome. I had a guy tell me there was an enemy 2 stories above me so I slowly made my way up and took him out. You can also still use your land mines and trip mines to cover your ass while your sniping or block off passages. You might only end up with a few kills when the game is over, but they're fun, satisfying kills.

If we can get some guys together tonight I'll make a server for us to play in. Maybe around 7 PM EST? Would anyone be down?

Oh, and here's some fun exploding skull shots!

?.jpg

?.jpg

anoffday on
    Ad astra wrote: »
    To those who own this game, is it possible to pull off a shot like the one a the 50 second mark?

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/577828942415409742/F85082CC02EB8F786B5DBBB54E8CA1D969169DE3/

Oh damn, you fight Russians too?

Also, I find the term "Fun exploding skull shots" to be highly offensive!

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
    Aw right through the scope! Love nailing those shots.

And yeah Russians are the enemy too, the game is set toward the end of the war. Russia are developing the V2 rocket, hence the name of the game

• ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Ok, so multiplayer is fun and we need to play this together. It's very slow at times, so if you're expecting or hoping for Unreal Tournament, you're gong to be disappointed. But I'm sure most people realize this since everyone has a sniper.

I agree, I hopped on a multi match again last night and had a blast. Played the mode where you get points based on the distance of your kill (TK mode I think?), which was a nice variation to normal dm/tdm. Only made a few kills but was still 2nd best on the team since they were pretty good distances

Also nice that there are some variables you can toggle, like no secondary weapons or no explosives or one shot kills.

Ok, so multiplayer is fun and we need to play this together. It's very slow at times, so if you're expecting or hoping for Unreal Tournament, you're gong to be disappointed. But I'm sure most people realize this since everyone has a sniper.

I agree, I hopped on a multi match again last night and had a blast. Played the mode where you get points based on the distance of your kill (TK mode I think?), which was a nice variation to normal dm/tdm. Only made a few kills but was still 2nd best on the team since they were pretty good distances

Also nice that there are some variables you can toggle, like no secondary weapons or no explosives or one shot kills.

I need this game now. I'm hoping they patch it and throw in replays or a highlights reel of some sort for the longest kill.

Skull2185 wrote: »
    Oh damn, you fight Russians too?

Also, I find the term "Fun exploding skull shots" to be highly offensive!

Ha. I'm sorry. :(

Apparently the game has been delayed a week?

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/05/01/sniper-elite-v2-delayed-one-week.aspx

Another reason I love steam. A couple people in the comments also said something about no multiplayer. Is multi PC only?

Was gonna say that this article is incorrect, but they've updated it already. Also Gamestop shipped my game just now cuz I went with the "I'm super impatient, ship it overnight" shipping.