As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Glossolalia] Resonance Memorial Thread

• DE?ADDE?AD Registered User regular
    yeah it really does

personally i'm a bit insulted that, judging from that short video, her playstyle doesn't revolve around getting fatter and thinner

Also a little disappointing that it looks like they have healthbars.

'cause, y'know, the weight mechanic in SSMB is a big part of what makes it interesting and fun.

• CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    Ricky feels flat but I feel like he is slowly coming together. More interaction with people will probably give me a better handle on him.

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    DE?AD wrote: »
    yeah it really does

personally i'm a bit insulted that, judging from that short video, her playstyle doesn't revolve around getting fatter and thinner

'cause, y'know, the weight mechanic in SSMB is a big part of what makes it interesting and fun.

actually looking at the wiki page, those are apparently special bars that fill up as you land hits on enemies, and when you max it out you can do a super move, and super moves are the only attacks capable of KOing

• DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Oh, goody. A smash brothers ripoff.

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    Dubh wrote: »
    Oh, goody. A smash brothers ripoff.

Only needed a half dozen more of em

yeah it really does

actually looking at the wiki page, those are apparently special bars that fill up as you land hits on enemies, and when you max it out you can do a super move, and super moves are the only attacks capable of KOing

Alright, that's better.

Who knows, maybe it'll be the Darksiders of SSMB ripoffs.

Probably not, but, anything's possible, man.

• Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    I'm always a little worried about the quality of my writing, primarily because most of my characters end up being me to some degree.

However, I'm also feeling good about how I'm handling Inquisit do far. I was a little shaky with him at first, but I like the Rough Exterior thing I got going with him now.

Still need to roll in more first person monologues, though. Not too many, too quick, as that kills the joke.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • DuxDux A host to DarknessRegistered User regular
    yeah it really does

Alright, that's better.

Who knows, maybe it'll be the Darksiders of SSMB ripoffs.

Probably not, but, anything's possible, man.

I used to joke about SSMB games where you have characters like Kratos beside characters like Mario.

Boy.

Anyway, it might be great. We'll see.

• Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    ugh

I can't write anything of any quality until I get this paper done

stupid thesis

gonna just say Victor Frankenstein was a sexist and not cite anything and call it a day

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    honestly if it is reasonably good smash bros. style gameplay with competent netcode that will be enough for me to overlook everything else about it

edited May 2012
    Fun fact: The color of the sky when inside the City is determined by the District's majority color. Meridi is the only district that actually has a bright, blue sky. Idollo, Avaren, and Adon are in a perpetual state of sunset (of varying colors). Streich's sky is tan and cloudless. Oldtown is perpetually gray and raining. Sylvas' and emerald canopy. Hedos locked in blazing red dusk, and Mesmiri in purple dawn. The non-prime districts vary depending on the current majority.

In the City, the phrase "red sky at night, sailors delight" has far more to do with the hopes of shore leave than the weather.

There is a day/night cycle, but it's basically just determined by how bright the sky is.

[Iddil]
    Irmin crosses the street to get a better view of the warehouse. It is remarkably unremarkable - just another squat building of corrugated steel. Dim fluorescent lights flicker from inside the building, and some faint noise can be made out. Conversation, perhaps, or just a radio left on. Its front gates are chained shut, but an access door on the side hangs open, with no guard in sight.

Sadly for Cecil, it does not look like they a water entrance.

[Fregdup]
    [21%/40%] as Kain easily navigates his way to the bottom of the pit, Samedi picks up the emergency light, half-buried in balls - a baton about a foot in length, essentially just a steel cage around a cylindrical lightbulb. A fairly standard design used in construction work and rescue situations.

[Yasteb (+48ish)]

[Haze Group] Speed, Jtlkrek, and presumably Werne, step out of the Mach 0.

The Haze is rough and hard beneath their feet, like white rock, formed in great, slanting chunks. The wind is cold, and it tingles as it slides into their lungs. The expanse of white around them is eerily quiet, as if there were nothing in the world but this place. As if they were all alone in the universe.

The white goes on forever, empty save for the shadows dancing on its horizon. Restless monoliths, uncertain of their edges.

The ruined ship is almost a comfort, its battered, rust-covered sides a reminder of what the world should look like. A memory of reality.

Clambering up onto the steepest of the rocky slabs, Speed stands beside the thing's starboard tread, the drive wheels taller than he is, their bolts each larger than his head. High above he can make out hatches, likely cannon ports. They're low enough that they might be able to reach them from atop the treads.

"Weird," Jtlkrek says, pulling off her sunglasses. She raises a hand to point at the tattered rag hanging from the ship's collapsed mast. "The color is off." She shakes her head. "Man, the crazy must be catching."

But Speed knows he's not crazy.

And he knows the shredded flag hanging from that mast isn't tan.

It's sienna.

[Science Group] Teless shakes his head. "No can do, Chrissi. All my other clothes, are dirty, and that, would be gross." He wanders back toward his desk and drops into his chair, waving the two Unbound into the room. "C'mon in. What's the business?"

[Lemit]
    Scrawny stares blankly at Daliah, then turns to Zee. "You got any clue what the fuck she's sayin'?"

[Karsif]
    [74%/85%] Working together, Penny and Clyde manage to toss Lorenzo's body aside. The corpse tumbles to the ground, face-down.

It opens its mouth, and howls itself back up, a column of excrement lifting it back into a standing position.

[HEX]
    Warwick mixes himself a drink, finding the minibar in his room fully capable of replicating just about any form of alcohol he desires.

DE?AD on
    Fun Fact II: Idollo is pronounced Idoyo.

edited May 2012
    [H.B.] [μ or Iddil] A: [] [] []
    25/25 12/12 5/7 13/13 0/0 0/0 0/0 5/5 0/0 0/0 2/2 Auto: On
    [Beatslinger] [Chic] [-] [Skeletoid]
    i: Iced-Out Chain, Hydropipe, Ivory Revolver

Shrugging, Hume leads the way through the side door

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    [Warwick] [Φ Karsif] A: [] [] []
    15/25 10/15 20/25 3/3 5/5 0/0 10/10 5/15 0/0 0/0 3/3 Auto: On
    [Huntsmancer] [Amiable] [Cocky] [Telepathic]
    I: Camo Wizard Robe and Hat, Crossbow, Pistol Grip Wand
    [Stygia]

Wick remembers he has telepathy. He tries to reach Penny.

<Penny! Peeennnyyyy! This is Lorenzo's ghost! OoOoOOOooOOoO Penny! I have something to tell yoOoOoOou. Penny! Yer a git! Bahahahahaahahaha git! But really hope ya still livin' gel!>

edited May 2012
    [Speed Acer] [λ Yasteb] A: [Jtlkrek] [] []
    25/25 0/15 0/4 0/0 4/4 0/0 0/0 2/2 0/0 0/0 Auto: On
    [Stunt Pilot] [Smooth-Talker] [Headstrong] [Velocivoodoo]
    I: [Mach 0]

Locker: [Racing Suit], [Carbosilicate Arm]]

It takes Speed a minute to even realize what Jtlkrek is confused about. "Oh right, everything's supposed to stick to a small number of colors this time around, isn't it. That asshole must be getting lazy to make an error like this." Speed attempts to climb the side of the ship and take the sienna rag.

Speed Racer on
  • Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    [Dean Barrow] [Fregdup ] Ψ: [Yen] [] []
    10/25 5/15 0/0 0/0 5/5 0/0 0/0 0/0 0/0 3/5 0/0 Auto: On
    [Gunman][Strong-Willed][Independent][Cyborg]
    i:Markers, Weaponized Cyberarm, HEXcom,

Dean pulls himself out of the pile of balls. "Lets get this over with." He kicks a few balls down the shaft. "The less of these we have to deal with the better."

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • VALVEjunkieVALVEjunkie Registered User regular
    [Cecil] [μ/Iddil] A: [ ] [ ] [ ]
    20/25 1/11 8/9 14/14 0/0 15/15 0/0 7/7 0/0 0/0 1/1 Auto: On
    [Swimstar][Icthyosapien][Highly Damage Resistant][Psychokinetic]
    i: Swim Shorts

Cecil sighs- "Maaaaaaaaaaaan I just want to go for a swim, is that too much to ask?!"
    -And takes one last look at the harbor before creeping inside
    "When we get back to Hex I'm gonna have a pool installed in my room this is bullshit."

and this is why aquaman never got to do anything

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Shock GShock G Registered User regular
    [Penelope Ahriman] [Φ Karsif]] A: [ ] [ ] [ ]
    0/50 0/5 0/5 10/10 0/0 11/11 2/2 0/5 0/0 0/0 1/1 2/2 Auto: On
    [Hoverblade Hoodlum][Hardcore][Manipulative] [Thermokinetic]
    i: Spray Paint, Golden Baseball Bat

<Tell your corpse to stop being a prick.>

Penny slaps her palm onto Larry's True Form's "forehead" and starts siphoning every scrap of thermal energy she can get her grimy thought-hands on.

edited May 2012
    [Kain Fuery] [Ψ Fregdup] A: [Yen] [] [] []
    15/25 3/10 5/5 15/16 0/0 0/0 0/0 5/5 0/0 10/10 0/0 Auto: On
    [Special Agent][Determined][Hyper Awareness] [Immortal]
    i: Pistol, [Tea Shades], HEXcomm

Kain uses his lighter to illuminate his surroundings somewhat, trying to get his bearings, see where they should go next.

"Come on, Huckster, light that lantern so we can get this ball rolling. Ain't got all day."

Dux on
  • alternatingAberrationalternatingAberration I am the milk man My milk is deliciousRegistered User regular
    [Irmin Kross] [Team S Iddil μ] A: [ ] [ ] [ ]
    23/25 6/6 0/3 0/10 0/0 0/10 0/0 0/0 0/0 0/0 Auto: On
    [Monk][Iron Will][Tough Hide] [Fleshshifter]
    i: Ragged Jeans, HEXcomm

As Hume walks past Irmin shrugs and rolls into step alongside him. "I don't like this."

xI8QS1g.jpg?1
  • NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    Hahaha

[Brother Samedi] [Ψ Fregdup]: [Yen] [] []
    26/27 1/10 8/15 4/15 0/0 1/1 0/0 4/5 0/20 1/1 1/1 Auto: On
    [Smoothsayer][Crazy Fast][???][Shadow Magic]
    i:[Hexxcom, Slick Suit (w/Flower), Pistol, Thompsan 40, Adon Island Slims

"Ahn, ye! In da deep darkness, da Shadow Master did call out, 'ey yo, let dere be Light'." He flicks the switch from power save mode to full power. "Ahn yo dat shit was hella good, ya"

The baron's self shadow on the wall grabs the shadow of the torch. The real Samedi releases his grip on it and the torchlight bobs about in the air next to 'im.

" 'Ey poindexters 'ow I look? One pointy 'at away from being a real wizard, right?" He says with arms extended, like a man looking for applause.

edited May 2012
    Oh, and despite the fact that he's in a dark hole Kain refuses to remove his shades.

[Kain Fuery] [Ψ Fregdup] A: [Yen] [] [] []
    15/25 3/10 5/5 15/16 0/0 0/0 0/0 5/5 0/0 10/10 0/0 Auto: On
    [Special Agent][Determined][Hyper Awareness] [Immortal]
    i: Pistol, [Tea Shades], HEXcomm

"Real impressive job floating that lantern, huckster. It too heavy for you or something?"

Dux on
    Those shades are protecting the world from his rage. Those shades come off, man, you better get out of there.

NeoToma wrote: »
    Those shades are protecting the world from his rage. Those shades come off, man, you better get out of there.

Like cyclops's visor, protecting people he looks at from being incinerated on the spot.

• Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    [Clyde] [Φ Karsif] A: [] [] []
    25/25 0/10 0/0 5/10 0/0 0/0 5/5 0/0 0/0 1/1 0/0 Auto: On
    [Duelist] [Detached] [Cold Reader] [Parkour] [Cuts and Scrapes]
    I: Street Clothes, Sword-Breaker, Domino Mask (not worn)

Clyde is caught off-guard by the sheer intensity of Penny's furious eyes, blinking twice.

He throws the zombie off her as he kicks it from below. "Just wonderin' how the magician managed to get ya is all." he recovers with a crooked smile.

Running around the Lorenzo zombie, Clyde halts briefly as he sees Penny's hand raised once more, a frown on his face. "C'mon Penelope... he's fresh, warm. Let me handle him; Ricky could use some company." Sides, this was clearly his kill, what with him deciding so a fair minute ago. There are rules...somewhere. For sure.

Still, a distraction is a distraction. He advances forward, shuffling side to side as he attempts a wide slash at the magician's back neck.

• Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    [Inquisit] [Ψ Fregdup] A:[Yen ] [ ] [ ]
    0/27 1/3 0/0 3/18 0/0 2/2 0/0 0/0 0/0 0/5 0/0 Auto: On
    [Detective][Rational][Hard Boiled][Self-Modifying Arcanoton]
    i: Sleveless trenchcoat, fedora, cigars, built in (stealth crossbow w/ four spare bolts[palm], magnifying glass, lockpicks, secure data port and cable, lighter))

Snapping the phone shut and shoving it into a pocket, Inquisit trudges to the hole. "Yeah, nothin' much else going on here." With that, he lights a cigar and foot-slides down the hole. At the bottom he takes a big drag off said stogie, blows out his closest approximation to smoke-circuitry and says "Alright you mugs, let's get ballin'."

jnij103vqi2i.png
    edited May 2012
    [Brother Samedi] [Ψ Fregdup]: [Yen] [] []
    26/27 1/10 8/15 4/15 0/0 1/1 0/0 4/5 0/20 1/1 1/1 Auto: On
    [Smoothsayer][Crazy Fast][???][Shadow Magic]
    i:[Hexxcom, Slick Suit (w/Flower), Pistol, Thompsan 40, Adon Island Slims

He shrugs "Conjurin' forces beyond ya mere mortal keen, while all da while remaining dis sexy? Ya it can tire a bredda out, ya."

[Dean Barrow] [Fregdup ] Ψ: [Yen] [] []
    10/25 5/15 0/0 0/0 5/5 0/0 0/0 0/0 0/0 3/5 0/0 Auto: On
    [Gunman][Strong-Willed][Independent][Cyborg]
    i:Markers, Weaponized Cyberarm, HEXcom,

Dean pulls himself out of the pile of balls. "Lets get this over with." He kicks a few balls down the shaft. "The less of these we have to deal with the better."

He turns his attention to Dean. "Hmm, my boi is on to someding 'ere. You coppers open ya eyes ahn you might even could learn a ting. If dis is where da light was dropped, dat means dere are probably some footprints around 'ere."

NeoToma on
    How high do the balls go? Is everything just covered in a sea of balls?

• WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Thief At Dusk] [H Fregdup] A: [] [] []
    0/25 7/7 5/5 0/0 3/3 0/0 10/10 0/0 0/0 0/0 0/0 Auto: On
    [Cat Burglar] [Regal] [Inconspicuous] [Living Painting]
    I: Jaunty Cap (Homburg), One (1) pack of cigarettes.

Theo wafts behind, chewing on an ethereal lower lip, getting his bearing.

Still in this

Dux wrote: »

m-my fetish...

m-my fetish...

tintin_fetiche_arumbaya.jpg

Antimatter wrote: »

m-my fetish...

tintin_fetiche_arumbaya.jpg

I can appreciate this.

Hullis wrote: »

Still in this
    Jump into Deans gun arm. That way you dont have to explain where you were during your inactive times.

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg

Still in this
    I want you inside of me.

edited May 2012

Still in this
    I want your character inside of my character.

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg

Still in this
    Jump into Deans gun arm. That way Dean can shoot living ink from it like a pressure washer.

Also make a bunch of homoerotic references and have them made about him too.

jnij103vqi2i.png
    I will forever regret this.

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
    listen

no matter how homoerotic things get with your character

you should always be grateful there wasn't a closet involved

This discussion has been closed.