As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Penny Arcade Report

2»

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    No wonder people want to work for Valve.

• Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    This looks great. So long as it's got an article or two every day that I find interesting, it'll be my new one-stop shop.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Xaviar wrote:
    I understand not doing it with the comic, but will we be seeing the comment system moving to PATV as well?

This is slightly off topic, but do you mind saying why you understand? I've always thought a comment system for the comics would be fantastic.

Also, loving PAReport, I personally have no interest in Valve, but it's high quality and I'm excited for new subjects.
    It probably has something to do with how many more people see the comic than ever see any other part of the site. And how comment sections on things like that tend more towards Youtube comments than our lovely forum.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Xaviar wrote:
    I understand not doing it with the comic, but will we be seeing the comment system moving to PATV as well?

This is slightly off topic, but do you mind saying why you understand? I've always thought a comment system for the comics would be fantastic.

Also, loving PAReport, I personally have no interest in Valve, but it's high quality and I'm excited for new subjects.
    It probably has something to do with how many more people see the comic than ever see any other part of the site. And how comment sections on things like that tend more towards Youtube comments than our lovely forum.

That raises a good question: Do the forum mods moderate the PAR comments, considering they are integrated into the forum system?

Athenor on
    He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Yes

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    I hope they gave you a fat raise.

• Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »
    I hope they gave you a fat raise.
    Or at least higher dosages of Xanax.

• Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    They gave all of the mods a 100% raise.

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Upon reading that Cut article from Jenn Frank, I'm noticing something - the PAR's layout doesn't include any indicators whatsoever of whether someone is a mod or not. Is that intentional? And why do I care so much about moderation?
    Probably because of my undying love for this place, ugly and beautiful, but everyone who knows me knows this. :) And no, I'm not sucking up.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    That's something we're working on

• Options
    arnepunktarnepunkt Registered User regular
    I would like a bit more Penny Arcade Style in the Report. I mean, you dont focus on news, you focus on long form writing, that's great. But I would like a bit art style there two, just like the on Penny Arcade. Just sayin'

No signature, because signatures are a waste of space. Äh, what? Anyway, check this out: http://arnereport.net
  • Options
    BrymBrym Registered User regular
    Now that PAR has been going for some time, I just wanted to come back to say that it is the greatest thing to happen to video games writing in years. Thank you.

• Options
    wonderpugwonderpug Registered User regular
    Ha, I hadn't noticed Brym's post, but I just dug up the thread to say the same thing. Just as PAX is the gaming convention that should have existed but didn't, The PA Report is the gaming news site that should have existed but didn't. I'm loving the editorials and the highlights in The Cut in equal measure. It's just so nice being able to see quality, interesting articles without having to weed through faux headline grabbers, top 10 lists, and other assorted dreck.