As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Phallakinetic Finale - Day 9 - WITNESS THE ARMADA'S TRIUMPH

1484950515254»

• Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Spoit wrote: »
    Wiet wrote: »
    The facebook gang has to have a reputation for running their mouths and getting everyone even remotely involved killed by night 3 by now.
    SOLAAAAAR!!!

SECURITY TEAAAAM!

Oh yeah, or just Solar.

Mainly Solar for selling us out. Though SlyM had some trouble trust me that you were legit. So I think there were problems guarding you :( And I wasn't aware I could override their orders or some such (despite some thinking that being an asshole move, it would have been smart)

edit: I should say I believe SlyM had trouble believing me that you were Legit.

Egos on
  • Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    I am suspicious by nature.

Also that was like my 4th game.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    WietWiet Mao Mao Registered User regular
    I think that one was my second game? And I won too, hooraaaay.

XStly.jpg
  • Options
    WietWiet Mao Mao Registered User regular
    Is @Edcrab around? I'd love to hear more about the final narration since I am curious about suddenly being a robot.

XStly.jpg
  • Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    The short of it? Everyone was misled.

The giant fleet that came out of nowhere was actually just a small, compact force that could overwhelm Arcadia but do very little to a developed nation. None of the powers-that-be questioned the existence of yet another cult, even a gigantic one. The Cultists were actually designed, by committee, to rile up the likes of Rend and Kwychen and in so doing power the "ritual" by attracting a great deal of attention to a particular location. The Legion and High Council were so used to the concept of Arcadia being wracked by infighting and extremism that they accepted the reports at face value and rushed to reinforce the area. Which is exactly what the Paleons wanted, and expected.

A few hundred abducted, conditioned colonists and a handful of specially adapted clones rounded off the package. The Paleons determined that the best way to get the result they required was to put together a force of psionically-proficient organics; something the authorities would not find unduly suspicious, with the added bonus of psionics being an alien but thoroughly effective weapon by their standards. So they tailored seven genetically-engineered elites made in their own image, and the Paleons programmed them to do their bidding.

In other words... the high-ranking named Cultists were born to die. They were just hollow imitations of the real powers behind the Armada; simple puppets, designed to carry out a few specific behaviours and imitate a few specific mannerisms. The real masterminds of the Cult, if you could even call such a manufactured ploy a cult, are still alive and well.

Everyone bought it hook line and sinker, and no doubt the secretive Paleon circle is patting themselves on the back right now. Right up until [REDACTED] happens, and it will...

cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    So then what's up with the other paleons then?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    All I'll say on that point is that the Strike Force and the Paleon Team factions were dispatched/hired by the same entity.

cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Dun dun dunnnnnnnn

• Options
    What did the mirror empath and psychovore do anyway?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ME got an ability from the role he claimed

• Options
    Just by saying his name? that seems kinda...broken

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    so did we look like bladerunner guys or giant robots or what?

• Options
    The big bads were Emissary-types; human sized and can easily pass for people with the right modifications.

Guardian-types, like Murderbot, the Paragon Mech, and the Paleon Guardian role (unsurprisingly!) are many times taller and wider than a person.

cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    Did we summon an ancient computer or a tele-something monster?

• Options
    FecklessRogueFecklessRogue Registered User regular
    Retaba wrote: »
    Did we summon an ancient computer or a tele-something monster?

Can't it be both?

• Options
    CLARIFICATION DENIED.

cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Edcrab wrote: »
    are many times taller and wider than a person.
    NO ONE IS TALLEROR WIDER THAN GIANT-LAM

I SPIT ON YOUR PUNY ROBOTS!

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    Retaba wrote: »
    Langly wrote: »
    Melding wrote: »
    Langly wrote: »
    oh also thanks bedlam for repairing me as well.

that whole deal, I have no idea what happened.

I knew that melding was a healer, and that he needed to heal herself. Bedlam approached me as an engineer, who I was going to use to fix @I needed a name to post., but first, he needed to repair me, as I was totally going to die that night. But Bedlam was also hurt, so I brokered a deal with melding to get a shield, who would in turn heal bedlam, who would in turn heal me.

but melding still died! I don't know what happened.

edit: And then, I was still almost dead the next day, but I needed to get INANTP repaired, so I found Taya who could science him. But then he got exploded :(

just about everyone i was in contact with was told if i died they were to kill you. for either setting me up or being bad at protecting me.

I am ashamed in all of them for failing.

Also in myself for not just double crossing you anyway. I would have survived that way.

you got hit with special damage, nothing would have saved you.

The mafia also used breach and a 12 damage attack on melding that night.

i don't know what breach does, but i could have survived 12 damage.

• Options
    Bypasses shields

• Options
    It also removes resistances

• Options
    and armor

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    and guards

• Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    It is basically a big, ol' "fuck you".

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    and blackjack

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    and hookers

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    does it remove healing? cause if it don't i could have survived it.

the lesson here, is never help anyone.

• Options
    Melding wrote: »
    does it remove healing? cause if it don't i could have survived it.

the lesson here, is never help anyone.

No, but now I have an idea for another power...

cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    Didn't healing happen after everything else? That is how the mafia heal worked.